Searching for Old Posts

Udon Thani Forum help, support, rules, & announcements
parrot
udonmap.com

Searching for Old Posts

Post by parrot » February 13, 2015, 12:41 pm

I've always had terrible (almost nil luck) when using the search bar on udonmap to look for old posts. I did, however, have much better luck when searching google.....for example, searching for 'key sports stadium makro udonmap' would almost be a sure bet to find a post of mine, a year or two old, that talked about a key shop across from the sports stadium and on the way to Makro.
But seems like recently I'm having much less luck using google to find old posts.......and am wondering if something has changed either in the way udonmap software operates or perhaps google operates.

In any case, if anyone has any hints on how to locate an old post using key word search......I'm all ears.....errr, fingertips.

ting_tong
udonmap.com

Searching for Old Posts

Post by ting_tong » February 13, 2015, 12:54 pm

search this way
key sports stadium makro site:www.udonmap.com

parrot
udonmap.com

Searching for Old Posts

Post by parrot » February 13, 2015, 1:02 pm

Thanks for the hint. I found it searching keys parrot Makro site:www.udonmap.com .......
The post I was looking for was at http://www.udonmap.com/udonthaniforum/l ... 49-45.html
page 4

Thanks again!

parrot
udonmap.com

Searching for Old Posts

Post by parrot » February 13, 2015, 1:13 pm

ting_tong.......a neighbor from Switzerland is visiting.......driving an older Chevrolet....the battery in the key fob needs to be replaced. When he was in Khonkaen, he inquired and was told it'd cost about 1500 baht for a new key fob, as that battery was not available in Thailand.
I found my old post using your search hint.....called the man, and he has the key......125 baht. Mission accomplished.
Thanks

ting_tong
udonmap.com

Searching for Old Posts

Post by ting_tong » February 13, 2015, 4:33 pm

must be one of those "chipped" transponder keys, I have one on my motorbike in the US
if the key is not the correct key with the chip. the bike's engine wont run
125 baht vs 1500 baht is BIG!

Return to “Forum Help, Support, Rules, & Announcements”