Exchange Rates

Udon Thani Forum help, support, rules, & announcements
User avatar
trubrit
udonmap.com
Posts: 6158
Joined: March 16, 2008, 12:30 pm
Location: Having a good time .

Exchange Rates

Post by trubrit » January 6, 2014, 3:41 pm

Is it possible to either do away with them on the home page or at least keep them up to date . Now showing for last Friday. Very confusing. :roll:


Ageing is a privilige denied to many .

kubotatim
udonmap.com
Posts: 472
Joined: May 11, 2013, 10:54 am

Exchange Rates

Post by kubotatim » January 6, 2014, 4:05 pm

Yes and NEVER the correct rate, usually the rate when buying foreign currency with baht so always too high!

urban legend

Exchange Rates

Post by urban legend » January 6, 2014, 4:27 pm

trubrit wrote:Is it possible to either do away with them on the home page or at least keep them up to date . Now showing for last Friday. Very confusing. :roll:


No i think keep them they are a general guideline there is not going to be a radical 20% change is there ? If you are that concerned and live need a finely tuned budget so do i'm not dissing it go to http://www.xe.com/ Hope this was helpful \:D/

User avatar
martynsnowman
udonmap.com
Posts: 543
Joined: January 17, 2008, 9:32 am
Location: udon thani

Exchange Rates

Post by martynsnowman » January 6, 2014, 6:35 pm

urban legend wrote:
trubrit wrote:Is it possible to either do away with them on the home page or at least keep them up to date . Now showing for last Friday. Very confusing. :roll:


No i think keep them they are a general guideline there is not going to be a radical 20% change is there ? If you are that concerned and live need a finely tuned budget so do i'm not dissing it go to http://www.xe.com/ Hope this was helpful \:D/
legend , couple of posts now and not a car pic in sight , have you got your bus pass now .... :-"

urban legend

Exchange Rates

Post by urban legend » January 6, 2014, 7:17 pm

martynsnowman wrote:
urban legend wrote:
trubrit wrote:Is it possible to either do away with them on the home page or at least keep them up to date . Now showing for last Friday. Very confusing. :roll:


No i think keep them they are a general guideline there is not going to be a radical 20% change is there ? If you are that concerned and live need a finely tuned budget so do i'm not dissing it go to http://www.xe.com/ Hope this was helpful \:D/
legend , couple of posts now and not a car pic in sight , have you got your bus pass now .... :-"

Bus pass another 15 years so the Mercedes S AMG class will do for now :-" LET THE GOOD TIMES ROLL :-"

urban legend

Exchange Rates

Post by urban legend » January 6, 2014, 7:44 pm

urban legend wrote:
martynsnowman wrote:
urban legend wrote:
trubrit wrote:Is it possible to either do away with them on the home page or at least keep them up to date . Now showing for last Friday. Very confusing. :roll:


No i think keep them they are a general guideline there is not going to be a radical 20% change is there ? If you are that concerned and live need a finely tuned budget so do i'm not dissing it go to http://www.xe.com/ Hope this was helpful \:D/
legend , couple of posts now and not a car pic in sight , have you got your bus pass now .... :-"

Bus pass another 15 years so the Mercedes S AMG class will do for now :-" LET THE GOOD TIMES ROLL :-"


opps mistake another 20 years for the bus pass wrong info sorry \:D/

User avatar
martynsnowman
udonmap.com
Posts: 543
Joined: January 17, 2008, 9:32 am
Location: udon thani

Exchange Rates

Post by martynsnowman » January 6, 2014, 10:10 pm

a few quid for cheap cars , but not enough to live thai full time
best get yourself a paper round old boy .... and leave the rest of us to it ....

goshawk
udonmap.com
Posts: 233
Joined: January 31, 2013, 4:07 pm

Exchange Rates

Post by goshawk » January 6, 2014, 10:30 pm

Lol i can remember that car picture lol,super imposed ,very small man sitting in a soft top BMW :D what went wrong ''Mighty chang'' lol

atoning
New Member
Posts: 5
Joined: December 7, 2013, 7:48 am

Exchange Rates

Post by atoning » January 7, 2014, 12:46 am

Current exchange rate on the home page might come from a forex feed and is only accurate when the appropriate forex is open otherwise it wil lshow the last close price....

urban legend

Exchange Rates

Post by urban legend » January 7, 2014, 4:16 am

martynsnowman wrote:a few quid for cheap cars , but not enough to live thai full time
best get yourself a paper round old boy .... and leave the rest of us to it ....

Yeah but not many can go back can they ?Think of a farmer putting all his eggs in one basket then drops the basket it all comes a eggy mess on the floor ...


Live and let live let the good times roll \:D/

urban legend

Exchange Rates

Post by urban legend » January 7, 2014, 4:21 am

goshawk wrote:Lol i can remember that car picture lol,super imposed ,very small man sitting in a soft top BMW :D what went wrong ''Mighty chang'' lol

Not much from where I'm sitting BUT if it all goes wrong I can always try to judge someone on a PC screen I don't really know lol
Back to the post i hope the link I sent early on helped with the exchange rate confusion ...

Let the good times roll \:D/

User avatar
747man
udonmap.com
Posts: 10066
Joined: March 25, 2007, 2:22 pm

Exchange Rates

Post by 747man » January 7, 2014, 12:07 pm

Just check them yourself online......Best TODAY for gbp CASH is 53.56 Baht at the moment.....www.krungsri.com ( Bank of Ayudhaya )

kubotatim
udonmap.com
Posts: 472
Joined: May 11, 2013, 10:54 am

Exchange Rates

Post by kubotatim » January 7, 2014, 1:28 pm

And TT rate at Bangkok Bank is 53.99 So where can you get forex rates in reality?

User avatar
747man
udonmap.com
Posts: 10066
Joined: March 25, 2007, 2:22 pm

Exchange Rates

Post by 747man » January 7, 2014, 6:36 pm

kubotatim wrote:And TT rate at Bangkok Bank is 53.99 So where can you get forex rates in reality?
On the FOREX, But they are the rates for deals in EXCESS of US$ 1,000,000 ........ [-o< [-o< I Wish I Had that much :lol:

GARYZX6R
udonmap.com
Posts: 718
Joined: September 19, 2010, 12:43 am

Exchange Rates

Post by GARYZX6R » January 7, 2014, 8:05 pm

747man wrote:
kubotatim wrote:And TT rate at Bangkok Bank is 53.99 So where can you get forex rates in reality?
On the FOREX, But they are the rates for deals in EXCESS of US$ 1,000,000 ........ [-o< [-o< I Wish I Had that much :lol:
Kuboatim, the TT rate is what you would get transfering money from UK to Thailand ,ie UK Pounds to be transfered IN Thailand to Baht.Can be 100 quid if you want to transfer so amount,but would cost about 30 pounds in fees.

User avatar
trubrit
udonmap.com
Posts: 6158
Joined: March 16, 2008, 12:30 pm
Location: Having a good time .

Exchange Rates

Post by trubrit » January 8, 2014, 6:45 am

GARYZX6R wrote:[
Kuboatim, the TT rate is what you would get transfering money from UK to Thailand ,ie UK Pounds to be transfered IN Thailand to Baht.Can be 100 quid if you want to transfer so amount,but would cost about 30 pounds in fees.
Sorry Gary that fee rate is charged by the senders bank and is negotiable. None of my pension providers make a charge for sending , in pounds, my money here. However the receiving bank here in Thailand do make a charge for the conversion, minimum200bht, maximum 500bht, depending on amount changed .
Ageing is a privilige denied to many .

GARYZX6R
udonmap.com
Posts: 718
Joined: September 19, 2010, 12:43 am

Exchange Rates

Post by GARYZX6R » January 8, 2014, 7:35 am

trubrit wrote:
GARYZX6R wrote:[
Kuboatim, the TT rate is what you would get transfering money from UK to Thailand ,ie UK Pounds to be transfered IN Thailand to Baht.Can be 100 quid if you want to transfer so amount,but would cost about 30 pounds in fees.
Sorry Gary that fee rate is charged by the senders bank and is negotiable. None of my pension providers make a charge for sending , in pounds, my money here. However the receiving bank here in Thailand do make a charge for the conversion, minimum200bht, maximum 500bht, depending on amount changed .
Your right TB. He was quoting the Bangkok Bank TT rate and as iam with the Bangkok Bank was just quoting what I pay as a guide for him. Wish I could get my pension sent here for free.

kubotatim
udonmap.com
Posts: 472
Joined: May 11, 2013, 10:54 am

Exchange Rates

Post by kubotatim » January 8, 2014, 7:41 am

Again , what is the point of showing the forex rates, when most expats would be more interested in the TT and cash rates?

User avatar
BobHelm
udonmap.com
Posts: 18404
Joined: September 7, 2005, 11:58 pm
Location: Udon Thani

Exchange Rates

Post by BobHelm » January 8, 2014, 8:38 am

It really makes no difference which of the various rates you pick as long as you always look at the same one.
The only real interest is in the movement of the rate & not the actual rate.
You will actually get whatever rate is applicable depending on what system you are using to exchange money - that will vary greatly depending on how you are doing your exchange & with whom...

User avatar
trubrit
udonmap.com
Posts: 6158
Joined: March 16, 2008, 12:30 pm
Location: Having a good time .

Exchange Rates

Post by trubrit » January 8, 2014, 10:04 am

GARYZX6R wrote:
Your right TB. He was quoting the Bangkok Bank TT rate and as iam with the Bangkok Bank was just quoting what I pay as a guide for him. Wish I could get my pension sent here for free.
Gary not sure if your a Brit or not, but included in my providers is my UK Oap and they transfer without charge.
Ageing is a privilige denied to many .

Post Reply

Return to “Forum Help, Support, Rules, & Announcements”