Who Has Stolen My YouTubes?

Udon Thani Forum help, support, rules, & announcements
BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » April 29, 2014, 5:52 am

Bad luck maaka.
What you describe has all the symptoms of an internet connect that is just too slow.
No solution from your end, sorry. The only solution is for the ISP to supply a better connection.
That is a problem in the rural UK as well & the Government have had to throw millions towards the service providers to improve the service as there is absolutely no business case to do it.. :(

The long term better news is that as phone technologies carry on moving forward (G5 is being planned at the moment) that might be the ultimate solution for remoter places.
Internet over the air looks the way forward for rural areas rather than hard wiring people..

maaka
udonmap.com

Post by maaka » April 29, 2014, 8:45 am

copy that Bobby..and here we are the 3rd most livable city in the world, or some such thing..just dont bring your computer and plug it into the phone line and expect miracles...hahaha..
indeed, the boys in orange are busy as buggery around here, digging up the roadsides like wild pigs, and jamming in some sort of fibre optic cables, so in the distance future I guess we will get up to speed around here. Probably by that time it will be all Wire Fi, and we wont needs cables...its a bummer because I would love to stream some movies at a night time, and view the odd engine dismantel on youtube..oh well, dems the breaks..

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » April 29, 2014, 8:53 am

If that is your current aim maaka then you want to seriously consider using Torrents & just let them run & download overnight.

If you exclusively want YouTube stuff then install one of the many free youtube downloaders & just let them struggle away overnight & you can watch saved from your computer the next day - when connection speed just doesn't matter.
If you are using Firefox as a browser then ANT is a pretty easy to use one - but there are many...

maaka
udonmap.com

Post by maaka » April 29, 2014, 9:59 am

heavens Bob, you sound like the commander of the space shuttle with all that computer lingo, Torrents and ANT stuff..afraid I am as slow as my server when it comes to computer jargon, but I get the nexus of what your telling me..dont know if I really am that hooked to download overnight. maybe the odd youtube rifle review, and an engine dismantle, but just as easy to buy a cheap movie video at the Mall I am thinking, than have the thing whirring away next to my bed all night long..will see..

Return to “Forum Help, Support, Rules, & Announcements”