Suggestion re a "thank you" "thumbs up" button on the forum

Udon Thani Forum help, support, rules, & announcements
arjay
udonmap.com

Re: Suggestion re a "thank you" "thumbs up" button on the forum

Post by arjay » February 17, 2022, 1:41 am

Galee wrote:
February 16, 2022, 8:08 am
No response from the owner or mods, if there are any?. Now there's a surprise. Not.
Indeed. And my post on the subject of years ago (July 9th 2018) is still on the Moderator forum without response. :-"

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » February 17, 2022, 4:42 am

arjay wrote:
February 17, 2022, 1:34 am
Perhaps upon further reflection a button for the most moronic posts might be more in order.

I actually saw the "thank you" button being used on two forums frequented by intelligent posters. It wasn't on facebook.

As well as saying thank you, it also highlights and draws other posters attention to the most popular posts.
Let's give it a go.
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » February 17, 2022, 9:09 am

Laan Yaa Mo wrote:
February 16, 2022, 9:44 am
arjay wrote:
February 14, 2022, 10:51 pm
I participate on a couple of other forums. They all have a "thumbs up" button (effectively a "thank you"), which members/posters can use to thank other posters for their post. It shows as a thumbs up alongside the quote and report post icons.

I think that would be a good idea for UM. It would encourage posters and help highlight posts which others think are useful/helpful.

Any thoughts?
It sounds a bit too much like a Facebook feature, but the Map and its members, are definitely not Facebook. It's a nice try though to add something different to Udonmap.
Do the other Udon forums have these fripperies for those who desperately want to be noticed?
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » February 17, 2022, 9:11 am

arjay wrote:
February 17, 2022, 1:41 am
Galee wrote:
No response from the owner or mods, if there are any?. Now there's a surprise. Not.
Indeed. And my post on the subject of years ago (July 9th 2018) is still on the Moderator forum without response. :-"
Keep checking. Don't give up.

See? I noticed you.
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

arjay
udonmap.com

Post by arjay » February 19, 2022, 9:33 pm

tamada wrote:
February 17, 2022, 9:09 am
Laan Yaa Mo wrote:
February 16, 2022, 9:44 am
arjay wrote:
February 14, 2022, 10:51 pm
I participate on a couple of other forums. They all have a "thumbs up" button (effectively a "thank you"), which members/posters can use to thank other posters for their post. It shows as a thumbs up alongside the quote and report post icons.

I think that would be a good idea for UM. It would encourage posters and help highlight posts which others think are useful/helpful.

Any thoughts?
It sounds a bit too much like a Facebook feature, but the Map and its members, are definitely not Facebook. It's a nice try though to add something different to Udonmap.
Do the other Udon forums have these fripperies for those who desperately want to be noticed?
It's not an ego stroking exercise, at least not on the forums where I've seen it.

It's a more a case of either thanking another poster for the information they gave, without needing to actually make a post saying thank you, or emphasising one's agreement with the sentiments of a particular post or poster's view, or acknowledging a particularly useful post. =D>

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » February 20, 2022, 5:55 am

Galee wrote:
Thanks for your positive and supportive comment. I don't read every post or every thread. If you have something to say to me, a private message would be very effective at bringing it to my attention.

AFAIK, there is no thumbsup or like facility in the forum software. I'll ask my programmer if such a modification would be possible and what it would take.

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » February 20, 2022, 6:46 am

di7679b9T.png

arjay
udonmap.com

Post by arjay » February 21, 2022, 6:49 pm

Udon Map wrote:
February 20, 2022, 5:55 am
Galee wrote:
Thanks for your positive and supportive comment. I don't read every post or every thread. If you have something to say to me, a private message would be very effective at bringing it to my attention.

AFAIK, there is no thumbsup or like facility in the forum software. I'll ask my programmer if such a modification would be possible and what it would take.
Thanks

On the other forums where I see it, it shows as a "Rec" button, alongside, the report and quote buttons.

Return to “Forum Help, Support, Rules, & Announcements”