A small but worrying interest in Fascism

Whistler
udonmap.com

A small but worrying interest in Fascism

Post by Whistler » May 14, 2023, 4:29 pm

A decade ago, I could not contemplate Nazi sentiments being expressed in public, now every month or so we see headlines like this. I am of the view that the rise of authoritarian sentiments in the USA has emboldened underground groups to show their face in public.

'There are good people both sides' Trump. This has been my concern since the huge shift to the Right in the USA. Too many lust for a Fuhrer. Far to close to what happened in Germany in the 1930's for my liking. No American party has shifted so radically Right as the GOP, danger Will Robinson, ethics, truth and respect for the law are now out the window.

https://thenewdaily.com.au/news/state/v ... 0f67a6dc99

I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Re: A small but worrying interest in Fascism

Post by Doodoo » May 14, 2023, 4:38 pm

Its still there one just has to look for it , if you want

Have a look at this site and see the continuous list of Neo Nazi organizations. Its amazing that there is so much hate
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_n ... anizations

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » May 14, 2023, 6:51 pm

Back in the sixties and up to now one could rarely contemplate communist sentiments, extreme leftist 'progressive views and anti-Jewish hatred (from left and right wing groups) becoming part of public discourse, but here we are. These groups that were rarely heard before and now they out in the open.

Too many on the left want only one voice to be heard. It is getting like Russia under the Bolsheviks, and China under Mao. Truth and respect for the law have always been out the window for the radical left.

https://agendapublica.elpais.com/notici ... es-succeed

https://www.pewresearch.org/short-reads ... ier-years/

see doodoo's post for the pro-fascist groups.

Hate and intolerance aren't limited to the left and right, it is everywhere.
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » May 14, 2023, 6:54 pm

Laan Yaa Mo wrote:
May 14, 2023, 6:51 pm
Back in the sixties and up to now one could rarely contemplate communist sentiments, extreme leftist 'progressive' views and anti-Jewish hatred (from left and right wing groups) becoming part of public discourse, but here we are. These groups that were rarely heard before and now they out in the open.

Too many on the left want only one voice to be heard. It is getting like Russia under the Bolsheviks, and China under Mao. Truth and respect for the law have always been out the window for the radical left.

https://agendapublica.elpais.com/notici ... es-succeed

https://www.pewresearch.org/short-reads ... ier-years/

see doodoo's post for the pro-fascist groups.

Hate and intolerance aren't limited to the left and right, it is everywhere.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » May 14, 2023, 8:15 pm

LYM,

The the 1960s we saw the peak of communist sentiments in the West, in this decade, hardly a Bolshevik to be seen.

Red groups in Germany, Munich Olympics, highjackers wanting to go to Cuba etc. Name one major leftist terrorist action in the past three decades in the Western world?

You are living in the past, and not condemning right wing actions like Oaklahoma, Christchurch, is telling. Going back 5 decades and more to justify your right wing ideology I find astonishing
Last edited by Whistler on May 14, 2023, 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » May 14, 2023, 8:41 pm

As usual, you are out of touch and cannot see the forest for the trees. Left wing radicals are just as much a threat to democracy as left wing radicals. Every week you start a post about the threat of fascism, but never see the threat from the left, only the threat from the right. Try to be a bit open minded.

Are you really saying that the Maoist groups on Canadian and U.S. campuses in the late sixties and seventies were terrorists?

Who says I don't condemn right wing terrorist actions? Are you suggesting I support these groups? Try and get a grip and be realistic.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » May 14, 2023, 9:01 pm

LYM, I once again ask you to name one single left wing terrorist outrage in the last 30 years. I cannot recall any, but if you dig one up, I can point to 20+ by right wing extremists for each you identify

It is not an equal threat at all, not even a tiny bit. Look at the analysis of the FBI, the CIA, ASIO, MI6 or any other Western intelligent appraisal. Left wing extremist groups are not on the radar

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » May 15, 2023, 7:34 am

Whistler wrote:
May 14, 2023, 9:01 pm
LYM, I once again ask you to name one single left wing terrorist outrage in the last 30 years. I cannot recall any, but if you dig one up, I can point to 20+ by right wing extremists for each you identify

It is not an equal threat at all, not even a tiny bit. Look at the analysis of the FBI, the CIA, ASIO, MI6 or any other Western intelligent appraisal. Left wing extremist groups are not on the radar
Do you remember the antifa occupation of parts of Seattle and Portland?

I will ask you again, are you suggesting that I support right-wing terrorist organisations? Now is your chance to speak the truth.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » May 15, 2023, 8:49 am

Oh , coming back to Reds under the beds scenario , there are always a group here or a minor faction there seeking to undermine the status quo , some morph into a credible problem, quite a few n the USA where certain laws make it easier for them to proliferate . But all countries have problems, it is how we deal with them that matters.

Years ago when publicity was hard to achieve it took a ,long time before they came to prominence these days of electronic availability any Tom Dick And Harry can gain almost national coverage by posting anything they like on Social Media Platforms giving them a far bigger audience than they should have and then talked about giving rise to even more publicity garnering major media outlets to give them air time and lo and behold we have a the next generation for right/left group wanting something or other .

The big problem is those seeking thrills or excitement and those wishing to sound intelligent , my take is ignore them, watch/ monitor them, cut off media coverage and remove all reference to Media PATFORMS< IF THEY are real and seeking change for the benefit of others they will survive, if not they will wither and die on the vine as many should but kept alive by false narrative and used by in many cases politicians who care little for the general public .
This wil mean they either have to become visible and public or they will disappear. Either way the Genral Public and those who protect can deal with them. Or just watch them disappear.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » May 15, 2023, 1:30 pm

Laan Yaa Mo wrote:
May 15, 2023, 7:34 am
Whistler wrote:
May 14, 2023, 9:01 pm

Do you remember the antifa occupation of parts of Seattle and Portland?

I will ask you again, are you suggesting that I support right-wing terrorist organisations? Now is your chance to speak the truth.
Yes I remember, and I have no sympathy for those protesters. The protestors in Portland came from both Left and Right Wing groups, the police had to use tear gas to block the Right Wing Group 'Patriot Prayer'

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/201 ... lence-rise

There was a single death in Portland 2018, read this article on the number and severity of Right-Wing terrorist, there were 17 incidents, overwhelmingly linked to Right Wing Groups resulting in 38 deaths. This article outlines how severe the right wing threat is and how deadly their attacks have been. Ditto 2015, 2016 and 2017.

https://www.adl.org/resources/report/mu ... tates-2018

Over to you LYM, I am not suggesting you support terrorism in any shape, what I have stated quite clearly is your arguments are of the 'yes-but' category in denying the overwhelming problems is from right wing groups.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 15, 2023, 2:11 pm

'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » May 15, 2023, 2:23 pm

Oh Lordy, point out the rising danger of Right Wing hate groups and somebody has to pop up the word 'Woke'.
Not a subscriber, so cannot read much beyond opening paragraph. Is this off topic, we are talking about left wing activisism v's the rise of Right Wing fascists, hate groups and terrorism and equating the two?

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » May 15, 2023, 4:51 pm

' not condemning right wing actions like Oaklahoma, Christchurch, is telling'. Whistler, please explain what these words from you mean. How do you know I never said anything about these incidents?

Or is this another case of you putting your foot in your mouth without thinking?

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » May 15, 2023, 5:03 pm

By the way, Whistler, I was not asking you what you thought about Antifa actions in Seattle and Portland, I was answering your question to me about illegal left wing action that has happened recently.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » May 15, 2023, 5:10 pm

LYM, what do you think? Do you think left wing groups are as dangerous and have committed as many terrorist attacks as right wing groups?

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 15, 2023, 5:57 pm

Nobody has said woke.

The linked articles are free to read (and listen to).
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » May 15, 2023, 8:06 pm

tamada wrote:
May 15, 2023, 5:57 pm
Nobody has said woke.

The linked articles are free to read (and listen to).
The first article was all about woke, that is why you posted it. The old Tam is back, if I post anything, you leap in with some sort of rebuttal, same old, same old. Even if it is irrelevant.

The thread is not about woke, it is about right wing hate groups, but as is your want, you drop.in a furphy, been doing it for years, so why stop now.

Woke does does not arm itself with automatic weapons and murder 100s of people, woke does not plan to kidnap governors, woke does not attack Congress and kill.people.

The thread has nothing to do with woke ideals, it has everything to do with a dangerous rise in right wing violent extremists. This thread has also a lot to do with an authoritarian leaning GOP that refuses to deal with these dangerous groups and is in denial about their attacks and their danger to democracy

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 15, 2023, 8:24 pm

~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » May 15, 2023, 8:32 pm

I would suggest that what the OP calls "Fascism" in the thread title is anything but, as expanded in his follow-up posts.

But it is a great headline - almost Godwinian. ;)

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » May 16, 2023, 9:51 am

Whistler wrote:
May 15, 2023, 5:10 pm
LYM, what do you think? Do you think left wing groups are as dangerous and have committed as many terrorist attacks as right wing groups?
Yes, I think left wing extremist groups are just as dangerous as right wing extremist groups, and no, I do not think they have committed as many terrorist attacks as right wing extremists. However, I think left wing extremist groups have disrupted more meetings and debates on university campuses than right wing extremists.

Return to “Australia”