Apartheid in Australia.

Sport
udonmap.com

Re: Apartheid in Australia.

Post by Sport » March 10, 2023, 9:41 am

Whistler wrote:
March 10, 2023, 8:58 am
Best spots, off Kangaroo Point near the railway bridge, some big blue nose bream. I also used to catch heaps, a tad upstream on Mooney Creek at Spencer, but had the advantage of having my house and jetty at Wendoree Park. Check out the 'K1NG of the River' competition run about this time every year the Spencer General store can give you details. I started this annual comp in 2008 when I was president of progress association at Wendoree.

This area was the location of the Kate Grenville novel called The Secret River. Based on fact, it chronicals the slaughter of local aboriginals by the early settlers.
I normally fish between Wisemans and Bar Point and have been for the past 50yrs or more. Love pulling the big jewies out of those holes and even in 10' of water. Laughtondale which you know if one of my favourite spots. Nah you can have the breams, fun to catch though. Used to catch up with the Hannas at Spencer, distant rels. Three of my mates had shacks near Gunderman as used to get the gossip and fish with them, they were Jim Hall, Jim Gallen and John Smith. Long ago square hooks were the go to grab a feed of good mullet.

And if you want to do some research, have a look at place called Portland Head on the Hawkesbury. Aboriginals and whites were killed there in the early days, sad. Some of the new settlers, Everinghams, Lochs and Stubbs and a few others married sort of, with the local Aboriginal ladies and there relatives are still around the Hawkesbury are and my family are related to some of them.

Very interesting that you come from my neck of the woods. Probably passed each other on the river. I know of Kates book and have a fairly good knowledge of the early days of the Hawkesbury.

I know of Kangaroo Point, never fished there though. I did a lot of fishing around Montague Island for kings, gummy sharks and flathead.

Sport
udonmap.com

Post by Sport » March 10, 2023, 9:52 am

Whistler wrote:
March 10, 2023, 9:30 am
My last post on this matter Sport.

Equating this appointment as introducing apartheid in Australia is very extremist. Just one of many extremist posts you have made on this forum.
OK, lets make it a draw and leave it.

marjamlew
udonmap.com

Post by marjamlew » March 10, 2023, 4:43 pm

I'm not a racist, so I'll be voting for the aboriginal voice to parliament. All the racists will be voting against it. Very cut and dry issue.
Watch Me!!

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » March 10, 2023, 5:12 pm

I am now off the electoral roll, but would definitely vote for the voice.

This is similar to the UN resolution that Sport was complaining about. Many in the world recognise that native people have been overwhelmed by European colonisation and subsequent large scale migrations.

Now they are minorities in their own country and have very little input into the broader society. This gives them a chance to put forward their views, it is not devisive, it is inclusive and I congratulate the present government for this.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » March 10, 2023, 11:07 pm

Whistler wrote:
March 9, 2023, 7:14 pm
Only a matter of time before Tony would join this thread.

Australia does not have first past the post election, so primary vote has zero impact on the national vote, i will not go into the complexities of voting patterns as it is not necessary.

The only figure that is important is the two party preferred count that Labor won with 52.1% of the vote, thus they won the election. I might point out that the polls show that figure to have a greater margin since the election.

The appointment of an indigenous ambassador to the UN was declared policy of Labor as part of its election promises. The appointment of the ambassador has not been disputed by the opposition as far as I know.

For a guy that frequently uses the term libtard, snowflake and woke, can you please explain why you are not being a tad hypocritical about playing the man.

Or maybe more than a tad.
Waiting, waiting, waiting for Tony's response.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » March 11, 2023, 6:21 pm

Sport wrote:
March 10, 2023, 9:41 am
Whistler wrote:
March 10, 2023, 8:58 am
Best spots, off Kangaroo Point near the railway bridge, some big blue nose bream. I also used to catch heaps, a tad upstream on Mooney Creek at Spencer, but had the advantage of having my house and jetty at Wendoree Park. Check out the 'K1NG of the River' competition run about this time every year the Spencer General store can give you details. I started this annual comp in 2008 when I was president of progress association at Wendoree.

This area was the location of the Kate Grenville novel called The Secret River. Based on fact, it chronicals the slaughter of local aboriginals by the early settlers.
I normally fish between Wisemans and Bar Point and have been for the past 50yrs or more. Love pulling the big jewies out of those holes and even in 10' of water. Laughtondale which you know if one of my favourite spots. Nah you can have the breams, fun to catch though. Used to catch up with the Hannas at Spencer, distant rels. Three of my mates had shacks near Gunderman as used to get the gossip and fish with them, they were Jim Hall, Jim Gallen and John Smith. Long ago square hooks were the go to grab a feed of good mullet.

And if you want to do some research, have a look at place called Portland Head on the Hawkesbury. Aboriginals and whites were killed there in the early days, sad. Some of the new settlers, Everinghams, Lochs and Stubbs and a few others married sort of, with the local Aboriginal ladies and there relatives are still around the Hawkesbury are and my family are related to some of them.

Very interesting that you come from my neck of the woods. Probably passed each other on the river. I know of Kates book and have a fairly good knowledge of the early days of the Hawkesbury.

I know of Kangaroo Point, never fished there though. I did a lot of fishing around Montague Island for kings, gummy sharks and flathead.
I suppose you have had a drink at the Dunkirk at Spencer, it was my local I used to take my tinnie across the river when a thirst overcame me.

I doubt if udon inhabitants have ever heard of it. It is a tree! Decades ago booze could only be delivered to a licensed premises, but none existed in Spencer, so an enterprising Spencerite licensed an address which as simply a gumtree. These days you can buy alcohol at the off license general store which is on the other side of the road. Being an off-license you cannot drink there, so you buy a beer and walk across the road where a table is set under the tree which has a proud sign hanging from a branch.

'The Dunkirk Hotel'

Sport
udonmap.com

Post by Sport » March 11, 2023, 7:32 pm

Whistler wrote: I suppose you have had a drink at the Dunkirk at Spencer, it was my local I used to take my tinnie across the river when a thirst overcame me.

I doubt if udon inhabitants have ever heard of it. It is a tree! Decades ago booze could only be delivered to a licensed premises, but none existed in Spencer, so an enterprising Spencerite licensed an address which as simply a gumtree. These days you can buy alcohol at the off license general store which is on the other side of the road. Being an off-license you cannot drink there, so you buy a beer and walk across the road where a table is set under the tree which has a proud sign hanging from a branch.

'The Dunkirk Hotel'
Back in the days, I probably had a few beers down there with the mates from Gunderman. These days its a bit risky getting on the booze with so many law enforcement mobs around on the waterways. There was a cricket pitch at the back of the shop on the top of the hill, dont know if they still play there.

Yeah 'The Dunkirk', the sign was there about 7-8 months ago. Prior to the off license being granted, a bit of sly groggin was going on, never hurt anybody. The UK people may know about it, 'Dunkirk" is a name familiar with them in a sad way. A few quid must have changed hands for that license to be granted to the Dunk, LOL.

How was the trip back home in the tinnie after a session, a bit hairy maybe lol. Hornsby council constructed a large and great parking area with a 3 lane boat ramp at Wisemans and opened in late 2022. Central coast council should do the same at Spencer, the current one is ok but bearable.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » March 11, 2023, 7:56 pm

I never took control of a boat drunk, bad enough on a road with your love ones and your dog in a car, I would never do that.

If a boat accident you don't get to walk home.

Sport
udonmap.com

Post by Sport » March 11, 2023, 9:04 pm

Whistler wrote:
March 11, 2023, 7:56 pm

If a boat accident you don't get to walk home.
LOL, maybe swim. Thats right cannot, those bloody bull sharks in the system.

Return to “Australia”