Australian Election

Whistler
udonmap.com

Re: Australian Election

Post by Whistler » January 24, 2023, 5:29 pm

trekkertony wrote:
January 24, 2023, 5:23 pm
I have a sister who works in Indigenous health at AS and l have worked in corrections for 20 years and still currently working in the industry. If this does not suffice l am happy to provide Statutory Declarations.
Sounds like Tony exaggerating or fabricating stories again, not for the first time. I would be interested in a statdec from a prisoner that claimed he shat his pants.

I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » January 24, 2023, 5:31 pm

A raft of new alcohol restrictions will be introduced in Alice Springs, but Prime Minister Anthony Albanese has stopped short of reinstating blanket Intervention-era bans.

the former Morrison government had not acted to extend the bans while in government.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-01-24/ ... /101887980

Seems the federal government does have some say in policies in the NT

trekkertony
udonmap.com

Post by trekkertony » January 24, 2023, 5:44 pm

You really are a piece of work Whistler, more concerned about a Stat. Dec than the rape of young children. Reasonable minded people
would be abhorred by the sexual abuse that occurs within the indigenous community, not Whistler, his go to is to attempt to discredit others, irrespective of the actions witnessed.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » January 24, 2023, 6:04 pm

I am well aware of the sexual abuse of both children and women in the Northern Territory, as is most of Australia and its many problems, it is silly beyond words to suggest I do not find it abhorrent.

However, you claimed to have statdecs. Statdecs are legal documents and until sealed and registered, they are just a piece of paper. If they are processed by any court, they are confidential if they relate to the sexual abuse of a child.

Statdecs from adults may be sealed by the court or my be publicly available. If you have one, show us.

I think you are full of it
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

fatbob
udonmap.com

Post by fatbob » January 24, 2023, 7:20 pm

Whistler wrote:
January 24, 2023, 5:26 pm

Now Dutton is attempting to blame it on Albo, when he was part of the creation of the problem.
Creation of the problem, holy ---- this has been a problem looong before Dutton and Scomo. How far back do you want to go? You can pick just about any central town, they all have the same problems.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » January 24, 2023, 7:34 pm

Fatbob.

1. The problem has been around for decades, but lawlessness has increased by nearly 60%.since July last year. It is that rapid. That is why the latest focus.

2. The floods in Central Australia meant many people were stranded in the Alice, this apparently was a contributing factor with many stranded from remote aboriginal communities, seems over represented in the crime boom.

3. The reality of the liquor controls meant booze is now saleable in communities that banned liquor sales for several years.

Dutton voted to remove those controls and now blames Albo. A first class hypocritic.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » January 25, 2023, 5:23 am

Still waiting for trekkertony's promised statutory declarations, expecting them some time between Australia Day and Eternity. 8)

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » January 25, 2023, 5:51 am

Although the Coalition government was in power in Canberra in the months prior to the bans ending, neither it nor the Australian Labor Party would commit to continuing them.

This meant it was up to the NT government to deal with the fallout from the bans ending.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » January 25, 2023, 8:59 am

noosard wrote:
January 25, 2023, 5:51 am
Although the Coalition government was in power in Canberra in the months prior to the bans ending, neither it nor the Australian Labor Party would commit to continuing them.

This meant it was up to the NT government to deal with the fallout from the bans ending.
How could the Labor party commit to extending the liquor controls if they were not in power?

fatbob
udonmap.com

Post by fatbob » January 25, 2023, 9:18 am

Whistler wrote:
January 25, 2023, 8:59 am
noosard wrote:
January 25, 2023, 5:51 am

How could the Labor party commit to extending the liquor controls if they were not in power?
One set of rules for white Australians, another set for Aboriginals, yeah that could be called aparthied, the only way for this to stop is one set of rules called law for everyone regardless of race or religion...

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » January 25, 2023, 9:32 am

The theory is sound Bob. In practice, given the disparity of conditions it won't work. We need to be practical and not rooted in idealistic theories.

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » January 25, 2023, 9:38 am

As usual you jump on slight points that dont match your ideas
The Stronger Futures laws, which include alcohol bans on multiple NT communities, expired in April 2022
The run up to the elections held in May so I am guessing Parliament had not been sitting at this time

and then once labor got power, 7 months ago could have extended ,reintroduced , but didnt

fatbob
udonmap.com

Post by fatbob » January 25, 2023, 9:39 am

Whistler wrote:
January 25, 2023, 9:32 am
The theory is sound Bob. In practice, given the disparity of conditions it won't work. We need to be practical and not rooted in idealistic theories.
Well the Aboriginal living in a welfare mentality is the root cause as opposed to assimalating as everyone else has to.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » January 25, 2023, 9:43 am

Bob, what is you solution to resolving aboriginal employment in the outback? Not many job opportunities in places like Alice Springs, Dubbo, Wilcannia, etc.

fatbob
udonmap.com

Post by fatbob » January 25, 2023, 9:47 am

Whistler wrote:
January 25, 2023, 9:43 am
Bob, what is you solution to resolving aboriginal employment in the outback? Not many job opportunities in places like Alice Springs, Dubbo, Wilcannia, etc.
I don't know about you but when work got lean for me I went to locations where there was work. It's called common sense I think, or I can sit on my arse and get a welfare check, my chioce.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » January 25, 2023, 9:51 am

Simplistic twaddle fatbob. The problem is far more complex than that.

fatbob
udonmap.com

Post by fatbob » January 25, 2023, 10:00 am

Whistler wrote:
January 25, 2023, 9:51 am
Simplistic twaddle fatbob. The problem is far more complex than that.
Because it doesent go along with your snowflake agenda. Keep the handouts flowing and the problem gets worse as it is and has. In the town where I lived 90% of the aboriginals got on with it, and we enjoyed a beer together in the pub.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » January 25, 2023, 10:06 am

I grew up in La Perouse and Matraville, same same, my schoolmates all good workers. Comparing La Perouse to Alice Springs is impossible, there is no one rule fits all to this problem.

fatbob
udonmap.com

Post by fatbob » January 25, 2023, 10:08 am

Whistler wrote:
January 25, 2023, 10:06 am
I grew up in La Perouse and Matraville, same same, my schoolmates all good workers. Comparing La Perouse to Alice Springs is impossible, there is no one rule fits all to this problem.
Well on the South coast town I was in wasn't La Perouse, now your comments fit... No more to say.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » January 25, 2023, 10:13 am

Nowra or similar towns are nothing like Alice Springs either.

Return to “Australia”