tamada
udonmap.com

Re: Australian Election

Post by tamada » January 25, 2023, 10:55 am

fatbob wrote:
January 25, 2023, 9:39 am
Whistler wrote:
January 25, 2023, 9:32 am
The theory is sound Bob. In practice, given the disparity of conditions it won't work. We need to be practical and not rooted in idealistic theories.
Well the Aboriginal living in a welfare mentality is the root cause as opposed to assimalating as everyone else has to.
Who or what created this "welfare mentality" as a solution to this aboriginal 'problem'?

Based on the premise that Australia was populated by the aboriginal communities for aeons before Europeans of any ilk dropped anchors, what have you done to assimilate?

Good read here.

Do We Really Want Immigrants to Assimilate?
https://www.brookings.edu/articles/do-w ... ssimilate/

'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

Sport
udonmap.com

Post by Sport » January 25, 2023, 10:56 am

Whistler wrote:
January 25, 2023, 9:43 am
Bob, what is you solution to resolving aboriginal employment in the outback? Not many job opportunities in places like Alice Springs, Dubbo, Wilcannia, etc.
Whities can find jobs out there and all over the country......Aboriginals can if they want too.

fatbob
udonmap.com

Post by fatbob » January 25, 2023, 11:00 am

tamada wrote:
January 25, 2023, 10:55 am
fatbob wrote:
Whistler wrote:
The theory is sound Bob. In practice, given the disparity of conditions it won't work. We need to be practical and not rooted in idealistic theories.
Well the Aboriginal living in a welfare mentality is the root cause as opposed to assimalating as everyone else has to.
Who or what created this "welfare mentality" as a solution to this aboriginal 'problem'?

Based on the premise that Australia was populated by the aboriginal communities for aeons before Europeans of any ilk dropped anchors, what have you done to assimilate?

Good read here.

Ahhhhh, none of us can go back to the 1700's. Here and now white mans welfare has stuffed up the aboriginals living in the outback communities.

Sport
udonmap.com

Post by Sport » January 25, 2023, 11:07 am

tamada wrote:
fatbob wrote:
Whistler wrote:

Good read here.

Most of the aboriginals do not want to assimilate. They still want to be hunters and gatherers. And want to live in the outback where there are no prospect of them moving into the 21 century. Let them kill and eat whats on the land as they have done for thousands of years, they seem happy with that, and no cash flow only medicines and schooling.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » January 25, 2023, 11:14 am

fatbob wrote:
January 25, 2023, 11:00 am
tamada wrote:
fatbob wrote:
Whistler wrote:

Good read here.

Ahhhhh, none of us can go back to the 1700's. Here and now white mans welfare has stuffed up the aboriginals living in the outback communities.
Watching a TV show on my most recent visit to WA, I was surprised to learn the reason why some aboriginal families will vacate a perfectly usable, free, government-provided house. Apparently it's down to a similar, cultural 'mumbo jumbo' we see in Thailand with regard to spirits and the like. If one for their family or tribe has passed away in that house, it is vacated. What was more surprising for me was some locals on the show being unaware of this.

I recall on a much earlier visit, this 'going walkabout' was being broadly commented as just another sign of their thanklessness, indolence and unchangeable nomadic life.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » January 25, 2023, 11:16 am

Sport wrote:
January 25, 2023, 11:07 am
tamada wrote:
fatbob wrote:
Whistler wrote:

Good read here.

Most of the aboriginals do not want to assimilate. They still want to be hunters and gatherers. And want to live in the outback where there are no prospect of them moving into the 21 century. Let them kill and eat whats on the land as they have done for thousands of years, they seem happy with that, and no cash flow only medicines and schooling.
And of course you've spoken with most of these yourself?

Otherwise a citation would be handy.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

trekkertony
udonmap.com

Post by trekkertony » January 25, 2023, 3:17 pm

Fact check for the benefit of whistlers lies. The Labor govt on the 17th of July 2022 chose to allow the alcohol restrictions to be lifted in AS. To have the PM fly in and fly out after. A 2 hour meeting with community leaders and gone with a whimper is extremely disappointing but not surprising. Whistler provide your postal address to enable the mailing of same. They will be redacted to protect the identity of the government employees.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » January 25, 2023, 3:57 pm

Wrong again, the decision to let the ban lapse was taken by the Morrison government in 2019, it expired in July 2022, to allow NT communities to voluntarily make their own decisions under the minister Ken Wyatt and was approved by the Morrison cabinet. The Albanese government had been in power for about 8 weeks by the time it expired. Totally unreasonable for them to have reviewed every piece of legislation that had been enacted by the previous coalition government that had been in power for the previous 9 years.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-08-29/ ... s/11452220

No way will I provide my mailing address, you can post the redacted statdecs on here as you promised to do for everybody to see.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » January 25, 2023, 4:47 pm

Try reading the link you post whistle
Says nothing about expire date, which i posted before as april 2022
"It prompted Minister for Indigenous Australians Ken Wyatt to offer his support for communities to pursue social clubs, but only if locals are behind the bid and the NT Liquor Commission approves."
"In a statement, Mr Wyatt has said it would be up to Mr Gunner and his Government to regulate alcohol in remote communities, adding he would respect decisions made locally."

Which has arguements for and against this idea from the indigenous communities
And by the way Alice is not classed as a remote community

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » January 25, 2023, 5:30 pm

Noo, do your research, the prohibition expired July 17 2022

https://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/a-c ... /3qcqvrkip

Alice Springs is a hub for remote communities. google 'Is Alice Springs rural or remote'?

Answer
Remote communities
Remote communities: Remote mainland areas (ASGS-RA 4) AND remote islands less than 5kms offshore. For example: Cape Tribulation, Lightning Ridge, Alice Springs, Mallacoota, Port Hedland.

https://www.skynews.com.au/australia-ne ... 7aee64fc33

The decision to end restrictions and pass responsibilities was made in 2019, that decision was to let the restriction under the existing legislation to expire after a 15 year enforcement period
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

Return to “Australia”