A suggestion

Discussions about the website, map, magazine and magazine articles.
trubrit
udonmap.com

A suggestion

Post by trubrit » February 22, 2018, 8:16 pm

Might I suggest that if a sponsor doesn't want any sort of communication on his paid for topic, not even a sales enquiry, that it is removed from a discussion heading as per"Udon Thani Shopping" topic and clearly marked that it is forbidden to post on it, thereby making it a closed topic to us all .Just a simple "Read only" will suffice .

Ageing is a privilige denied to many .

the-monk
udonmap.com

Re: A suggestion

Post by the-monk » February 22, 2018, 8:44 pm

TRUBRIT I understand your frustration about the merchant no-reply policy , unfortunately the same all over Thailand. So many times, , i should say most of the time, you ll get zilch from the advertisers, the shops, local and national. the classified ads etc. In marketing 101 you would learn to take good care of any potential customer knocking at your door... But TIT ( this is Thailand ). SAD but this is life.
Just last week i emailed a city office of a small Japanese town, located in the back country with a population less than 5000, about a train schedule in their area .. They translated the schedule and send it to me in 2 days and directed me to the regional website.
I could not believe my eyes, super well organized site in Japanese, Chinese, Simplified Chinese, English, Korean and Thai.. They know how to create good vibes and future business.
Once i received an exceptional service from a an employee at the OLD BIG C, i decided to commend this gesture to the management via an email to the store manager, they never bothered to reply.

trubrit
udonmap.com

Post by trubrit » February 23, 2018, 5:54 am

the-monk wrote:
February 22, 2018, 8:44 pm
TRUBRIT I understand your frustration about the merchant no-reply policy , unfortunately the same all over Thailand. So many times, , i should say most of the time, you ll get zilch from the advertisers, the shops, local and national. the classified ads etc. In marketing 101 you would learn to take good care of any potential customer knocking at your door... But TIT ( this is Thailand ). SAD but this is life.
Just last week i emailed a city office of a small Japanese town, located in the back country with a population less than 5000, about a train schedule in their area .. They translated the schedule and send it to me in 2 days and directed me to the regional website.
I could not believe my eyes, super well organized site in Japanese, Chinese, Simplified Chinese, English, Korean and Thai.. They know how to create good vibes and future business.
Once i received an exceptional service from a an employee at the OLD BIG C, i decided to commend this gesture to the management via an email to the store manager, they never bothered to reply.
Yes , sadly I have come to expect that here in Thailand, but from a so called marketing manager employed in a shop presumably catering for us farangs here, it came as a complete surprise, mind you , it shouldn't have done, as this individual has previously accused me of "having a hidden agenda" when I asked about opening times .
As a retired marketing director of a large multi-national company, handling a million plus dollar budget annually, I find it amazing that any company , whatever it's size, doesn't realize the importance of good customer relations and be more selective in who it employs in this capacity.
It can be done properly and my local experience includes both Home Pro and Tefal who I give an excellence to in response to a genuine complaint I made.
Ageing is a privilige denied to many .

hearthelp
udonmap.com

Post by hearthelp » February 23, 2018, 7:17 am

Why not just call, email or message them as they listed?

Faraday
udonmap.com

Post by Faraday » February 23, 2018, 8:31 am

Wow... quite the dramatic response.

[-(

Return to “Website, Map & Magazine forum”