How to post pictures on the Forum

Discussions about the website, map, magazine and magazine articles.
BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » November 15, 2014, 5:15 pm

I have been asked a couple of times by members how to do this.

I normally follow this method..
Click on the Post a Reply button in the thread that you want to post the pictures on.
At the bottom of the reply box are two tabs. (If you are starting a new thread there will actually be 3 tabs - an extra one to create a Poll).
Pic 1.jpg
You need to click on the Upload Attachment Tab & this screen appears
pic 2.jpg
If you click on the Choose File Button (or even just click the mouse in the space after the button)
Then you can search your computer for the files that you want to upload.
The last place that you searched for a picture is 'remembered' by your computer so it speeds up this process a lot if you always save the pictures that you want to upload in the same folder, as when you click on the Chose File Button you will automatically go to the correct folder.
pic 3.jpg
When you find the file, click the Open Button & you will be returned to the post reply page where you need to click on the Add the File button to the right of the file name now in the box.
It takes a few seconds for the computer to upload the file. When it does the page will return to the top of the Post Reply Page.
When you look down towards the Tabs at the bottom of the page you will see that the picture is now attached.
pic 4.jpg
If you are only attaching 1 picture then you do not need to do anything else & the picture will appear after any text you have written.
However I usually use the Place inline button which is below the picture file name. That allows me to place a picture within text & also to ensure that a 'set' of pictures appears in the sequence I want them to.
You can also Add file comments in the box provided & then that will appear below the photo - so Land from the West Side, for example, makes it fairly clear what the picture is of!!

I think that just about covers it, but if you have any questions just shout.
The only problem that I have ever encountered is that a picture is too large a size to be accepted by the site.
I use a very small, simple & quick tool called
pic 5.jpg
Just be careful that you download it from a safe site - not one of these full of free added extras you never wanted.

randerson79
udonmap.com

Post by randerson79 » November 15, 2014, 6:35 pm

When I resize a photo to post here I just email it to myself. It resizes automatically.

Return to “Website, Map & Magazine forum”