Just a Heads Up when returning

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Just a Heads Up when returning

Post by Doodoo » April 11, 2022, 3:27 pm

Yes these words "Nothing Detected"will be famous along with others such as "to go where no man has gone before" or " I shall return"

A friend returning from the States had his Covid test andwas told he would have word back the next day at 1pM
The next day 1PM 2PM then 3PM he called and they said no test result yet.
At 4 PM he called once again and they said all we get is result saying "Nothing Dectected"

At this point he packed his bags and left the hotel passing them his key as he left

Just a heads up to others

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Re: Just a Heads Up when returning

Post by Bandung_Dero » April 11, 2022, 3:39 pm

Hopefully we will see the end, no, a modification to this BS on May 1st. Now talk of an ATK test on arrival then move on.
Sent from my 1977 Apple II using 2 Heinz bake bean cans and piano wire!

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » April 11, 2022, 3:52 pm

Surely, surely, doing the test at the DEPARTURE AIRPORT is the sensible alternative. Most people have to kill an hour or so anyway waiting for the flight. You can do test and result conveyed to dep lounge before boarding, That way anyone with covid wont fly, so wont infect a plane load of people in a confined space and nobody needs to be tested for anything on arrival at their destination ....... win ..... win ...... win

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » April 11, 2022, 4:18 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
April 11, 2022, 3:52 pm
Surely, surely, doing the test at the DEPARTURE AIRPORT is the sensible alternative. Most people have to kill an hour or so anyway waiting for the flight. You can do test and result conveyed to dep lounge before boarding, That way anyone with covid wont fly, so wont infect a plane load of people in a confined space and nobody needs to be tested for anything on arrival at their destination ....... win ..... win ...... win
That's akin to having our bags custom's inspected at the point of departure.
Things are easing up.....steadily......we've gone from 15 day quarantine in March to no quarantine now. I suspect if there's no major Songkran spike in cases, the return to normalcy will speed up even more.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » April 11, 2022, 5:20 pm

parrot wrote:
April 11, 2022, 4:18 pm
stattointhailand wrote:
Things are easing up.....steadily......we've gone from 15 day quarantine in March to no quarantine now. I suspect if there's no major Songkran spike in cases, the return to normalcy will speed up even more.
I suspect that NO half decent govt.anywhere in the world would allow there to be a "spike" in cases after Songkran. Whether it takes a shortage of test kits or some figures mysteriously going missing or the like, there will only be a small rise (only to be expected) in cases which will save the face of those that made the call. :-"

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 12, 2022, 12:16 am

stattointhailand wrote:
That works perfectly with non-stop flights. The petri dishes of international transit at Dubai, Abu Dhabi and Doha (to name a few) are another matter, no?
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » April 12, 2022, 12:37 am

Wouldnt they have "transited" from another airport? and recd a negative response prior to their first leg. Providing you made sure that transiting passengers didnt come into contact with local arrivals there shouldnt be any chance of infection

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 12, 2022, 12:40 am

parrot wrote:
April 11, 2022, 4:18 pm
stattointhailand wrote:
There will be a spike. It's how the incumbent administration chooses to handle it that will be telling. Malaysia, Indonesia, Philippines, Vietnam and others that are intent on securing the all-important tourists.

The problem as I see it is the incumbent administration is, like several nations, on the cusp of significant elections or regime change and we already know that "controlling" COVID-19 has been a major crutch for many that don't pretend to be parochial backwaters of despotism and autocracy.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 12, 2022, 12:47 am

stattointhailand wrote:
April 12, 2022, 12:37 am
Wouldnt they have "transited" from another airport? and recd a negative response prior to their first leg. Providing you made sure that transiting passengers didnt come into contact with local arrivals there shouldnt be any chance of infection
Airports are staffed and facilities supplied by locals. Are they all doing a PCR test with a negative result each and every time they clock in for their shift or deliver supplies?
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » April 12, 2022, 1:00 am

Whats the current requirements for public transport staff or restaurant staff? Is it test every two or three days?
You are no more likely to get infected by transit airport staff than you are by baggage handlers at Swampy when you arrive,
As for Prayut and co, he is walking a tightrope as there are a hell of a lot of people who have lost everything they had and built up debts that need covering ........ if he doesnt open the gates soon he could see a lot of votes going away from him

Return to “COVID-19/Corona Virus”