Vertigo

papafarang
udonmap.com

Vertigo

Post by papafarang » March 10, 2022, 11:23 am

Does anyone have knowledge of virtigo ? A couple of days ago I woke up in bed with a really bad spinning sensation , felt fine yesterday ,but this morning I can hardly move . it's swinging between feeling very light headed and feeling like I'm on a fairground ride that won't stop. Trying to walk around is no easy task, not even capable of making a cup of tea at the moment. Eases a bit if I lay down very still. So I looked virtigo up thinking it might be an inner ear issue. The only other symptom is nausea . blood pressure is actually high 150/107, no headache , no ringing in my ear. But at times its feeling like I'm shaking my head violently . most unpleasant sensation. Does anyone suffer this and have any advice that might help ?

Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

noosard
udonmap.com

Re: Vertigo

Post by noosard » March 10, 2022, 11:31 am

cookies have caused a similar sensation

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » March 10, 2022, 11:43 am

Well Dean you are not alone, sitting drinking a warm cup of tea with a spoonful of sugar often eases the problem .
Not just you , but if it persists seek medical assistance could be the harbinger of a lot worse .

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » March 10, 2022, 11:46 am

noosard wrote:
March 10, 2022, 11:31 am
cookies have caused a similar sensation
Sadly its not cookie or beer related . I even had an early night with a cup of coco and digestives ,have loads of work to do but stumbling around kitchen with no hand eye coordination is not a good idea. I think another bottle of water and just lay down seems the only answer.
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

timmy
udonmap.com

Post by timmy » March 10, 2022, 11:52 am

it can be 1 of the symptoms of a diabetic .

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » March 10, 2022, 12:03 pm

timmy wrote:
March 10, 2022, 11:52 am
it can be 1 of the symptoms of a diabetic .
Thanks Timmy,

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » March 10, 2022, 12:04 pm

150/107
Dean you need to arrest that BP problem.
Both numbers in the red scale.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » March 10, 2022, 12:25 pm

Dean Dont listen to any of these armchair quacks. Get to the Doctor asap regardless if you start to feel better.

If you need a lift or whatever give us a shout
Good Luck

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » March 10, 2022, 12:35 pm

Fukc the UM doctors and nurses Dean, go get it checked out.
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » March 10, 2022, 1:35 pm

tamada wrote:
March 10, 2022, 12:35 pm
For once I agree with Tam Dean. Get yourself to the hospital, your BP is high but should not be causing those symptoms.
Get checked urgently.

Wee Jimmy
udonmap.com

Post by Wee Jimmy » March 10, 2022, 1:51 pm

Had same problem. Went to goverment hospital and was told it was a neck problem. They gave me pills and it never came back. However get it checked out.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » March 10, 2022, 1:53 pm

AlexO wrote:
March 10, 2022, 1:35 pm
tamada wrote:
For once I agree with Tam Dean. Get yourself to the hospital, your BP is high but should not be causing those symptoms.
Get checked urgently.
Don't know about anyone else but I'm off to buy a lottery ticket.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » March 10, 2022, 2:57 pm

tamada wrote:
March 10, 2022, 1:53 pm
AlexO wrote:
tamada wrote:
Get checked urgently.
Tam trying to be funny??
Some of Deans symptoms could be the result of a minor stroke. You buy your ticket, the rest of us will hope Dean is okay.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » March 10, 2022, 3:06 pm

AlexO wrote:
March 10, 2022, 2:57 pm
tamada wrote:
March 10, 2022, 1:53 pm
AlexO wrote:
tamada wrote:
Get checked urgently.
Tam trying to be funny??
Some of Deans symptoms could be the result of a minor stroke. You buy your ticket, the rest of us will hope Dean is okay.
Keep eating my shorts Alex.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » March 10, 2022, 3:45 pm

papafarang wrote:
March 10, 2022, 11:23 am
Does anyone have knowledge of virtigo ? A couple of days ago I woke up in bed with a really bad spinning sensation , felt fine yesterday ,but this morning I can hardly move . it's swinging between feeling very light headed and feeling like I'm on a fairground ride that won't stop. Trying to walk around is no easy task, not even capable of making a cup of tea at the moment. Eases a bit if I lay down very still. So I looked virtigo up thinking it might be an inner ear issue. The only other symptom is nausea . blood pressure is actually high 150/107, no headache , no ringing in my ear. But at times its feeling like I'm shaking my head violently . most unpleasant sensation. Does anyone suffer this and have any advice that might help ?
This could also be caused by Murnier's disease, this is a difficult disease to identify, many quacks will not get it right. A hearing test showing loss of high frequency sounds as an indication, but you may not initially notice a loss of hearing. You can look it up, it is deterioration of the small bones in middle ear and can cause vertigo-like symptoms, and eventually significant hearing loss, sadly there is no cure. I was misdiagnosed with this several years ago.

That blood pressure is way to high of course. Agree with others on here, off to hospital for thorough tests.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

rick
udonmap.com

Post by rick » March 10, 2022, 8:41 pm

Had a cold recently? I have siffered from labyrinthitis about 3 times - when you try sitting up or standing you loose all sense of balance (and maybe a bit nauseous) but usually only lasts about 5 seconds, have to avoid any head movement. Used to last about.3 days then recover.
Blood pressure needs fixing.

Galee
udonmap.com

Post by Galee » March 10, 2022, 8:56 pm

A few years back I developed a balance problem. Put it down to an inner ear infection. Little did I know it was a warning sign of ending up in ICU after having a stroke. Been lucky with my recovery but still have balance problems.
Keep an eye on that blood pressure.

jai yen yen
udonmap.com

Post by jai yen yen » March 10, 2022, 10:44 pm

I started getting the same about 10 years ago, thought it was the heat in Thailand. I still get it occasionally here in Canada. My doctor says it is benign vertigo, not supposed to be serious. Sometimes it is so bad I feel sick to my stomach and have flu like symptoms for a few days. You do need to see a doctor as there are more serious reasons for this. If it is the same as what I have look up vertigo exercises on youtube. They are easy to do and seem to help me. Good luck and good health.

arjay
udonmap.com

Post by arjay » March 12, 2022, 7:11 pm

papafarang wrote:
You should get it checked out at the hospital. There are a couple of routine tests they do.

It sounds a bit like what I have had intermittently for about 8 years: From time to time, I get bouts of what my GP in the UK told me was BPPV (Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo (Google it).
https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-d&q=BPPV

I have had it intermittently, both when in Thailand and since returning to the UK. It involves extreme dizziness and the only way I can cope with it, is by laying on my side and looking in one fixed direction, and keeping my head perfectly still, otherwise everything spins round vigorously. My GP in England has explained it as small crystals in the inner ear breaking lose and ending up in the wrong part of the ear and then sending confusing/conflicting messages to the brain. It is horrible.

I've found it was brought on by things like looking up at the ceiling, changing a light bulb, looking under the bed, or putting a case up in the overhead luggage rack on a train. I.e. sudden changes in the angle of my head!

I take travel sick pills to alleviate it, though a GP here in the UK gave me Prochlorperazine (5mg tablets), which seems to help better, in conjunction with me laying still on my side in bed. It usually takes a couple of days to settle down.

Extract from the Google link:
Benign paroxysmal positional vertigo (BPPV) is one of the most common causes of vertigo — the sudden sensation that you're spinning or that the inside of your head is spinning. BPPV causes brief episodes of mild to intense dizziness. It is usually triggered by specific changes in your head's position.

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » March 13, 2022, 8:16 am

arjay wrote:
March 12, 2022, 7:11 pm
papafarang wrote:
You should get it checked out at the hospital. There are a couple of routine tests they do.

It sounds a bit like what I have had intermittently for about 8 years: From time to time, I get bouts of what my GP in the UK told me was BPPV (Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo (Google it).

I have had it intermittently, both when in Thailand and since returning to the UK. It involves extreme dizziness and the only way I can cope with it, is by laying on my side and looking in one fixed direction, and keeping my head perfectly still, otherwise everything spins round vigorously. My GP in England has explained it as small crystals in the inner ear breaking lose and ending up in the wrong part of the ear and then sending confusing/conflicting messages to the brain. It is horrible.

I've found it was brought on by things like looking up at the ceiling, changing a light bulb, looking under the bed, or putting a case up in the overhead luggage rack on a train. I.e. sudden changes in the angle of my head!

I take travel sick pills to alleviate it, though a GP here in the UK gave me Prochlorperazine (5mg tablets), which seems to help better, in conjunction with me laying still on my side in bed. It usually takes a couple of days to settle down.

Extract from the Google link:
Benign paroxysmal positional vertigo (BPPV) is one of the most common causes of vertigo — the sudden sensation that you're spinning or that the inside of your head is spinning. BPPV causes brief episodes of mild to intense dizziness. It is usually triggered by specific changes in your head's position.
Discribes it spot on , I said to someone , remember when you were young and indulged to much in beverages . the point when you had to hold on to the edge of the bed with a spinning /falling sensation. It's just like that except your sober and trying to stand upright. Good news is blood pressure is back to 130/80 and heart rate back to 70. But driving to shop this morning I dreaded every turn , I drove very slowly and still set off the vertigo. It's improving but very slowly.

Return to “COVID-19/Corona Virus”