all about booster shot in UTH

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Re: all about booster shot in UTH

Post by Khun Paul » February 8, 2022, 7:25 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
February 7, 2022, 8:32 pm
Today spoke to BKKUDH n i can get a Moderna jab 3 boostrr the first week in March ..this after 2 pfizers the last jab being Sept 13... this as advised by mr Sprat ..thanks again jack

KP you pleased to hear im.gonna go awol.for the forseeable future n not posting as got a project on way more important than swabbing blood from.my eyes reading your inaccurate unsubstanciated bollocks.

.so a sabatical from.UM once again ... hope u all dont miss me too much :lol:

Mr DM
Not at all, maybe a good doctor can deal with the blood seeping from your eyes. Not to worry the world will carry on without you thankfully .

thewatchman
udonmap.com

Post by thewatchman » February 8, 2022, 9:32 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
February 7, 2022, 8:32 pm
Today spoke to BKKUDH n i can get a Moderna jab 3 boostrr the first week in March ..this after 2 pfizers the last jab being Sept 13... this as advised by mr Sprat ..thanks again jack

KP you pleased to hear im.gonna go awol.for the forseeable future n not posting as got a project on way more important than swabbing blood from.my eyes reading your inaccurate unsubstanciated bollocks.

.so a sabatical from.UM once again ... hope u all dont miss me too much :lol:

Mr DM
Thanks for the info regarding the booster
laughing at the occasional visitor and failed taxi drivers

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » February 9, 2022, 10:18 am

nmcd1649.....thanks for posting that Udon Hospital PCR letter:

As I read the Thai (not well).....Thai price for PCR, 8 hour results - 1820+300 = 2120Baht; 3 hour results 2520+300 = 2820 Baht (I believe the 300baht charge is for the English letter.......necessary for international travel)
For foreigners: PCR, 8 hour results - 2670+300 = 2970Baht; 3 hour results 3720+300 = 4020Baht (same same 300 Baht charge for English letter)

Giggle
udonmap.com

Post by Giggle » February 9, 2022, 2:51 pm

Thai price 2820 Baht
For foreigners 4020Baht

Ahhhh paradise.
Ashli Babbitt -- SAY HER NAME!

mackat
udonmap.com

Post by mackat » February 14, 2022, 1:39 pm

I went in to the University only to be told I must wait 4 months between second shot and booster. Given an appointment for 28 February

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » February 15, 2022, 8:37 pm

I wonder if they'll recognize a foreign record of being double-vaccinated and be happy to administer a booster 4 months from the second jab as indicated on the foreign record? I got my two shots in the UK and was planning getting my booster there on my next visit (NHS is already saying I'm elligible and sending reminders) but my UK travel plans are in limbo till the summer.
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

samster
udonmap.com

Post by samster » February 16, 2022, 10:23 am

tamada wrote:
February 15, 2022, 8:37 pm
I wonder if they'll recognize a foreign record of being double-vaccinated and be happy to administer a booster 4 months from the second jab as indicated on the foreign record? I got my two shots in the UK and was planning getting my booster there on my next visit (NHS is already saying I'm elligible and sending reminders) but my UK travel plans are in limbo till the summer.
I went for a booster in KK at the beginning of Jan. 2nd vaccination in UK was May 2021. They were happy to do but then spotted that I'd had Covid in July so, told me I should wait. I went again last week and got the booster.

For info, I then spoke to NHS UK as I wanted the UK and Thai vaccines consolidated on one app/document. They said I had to go in person to a vaccine centre in either Manchester or Sheffield (none in Leeds where my house is). No idea why but will follow up when back in the UK next week.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » February 16, 2022, 12:31 pm

samster wrote:
February 16, 2022, 10:23 am
tamada wrote:
February 15, 2022, 8:37 pm
I went for a booster in KK at the beginning of Jan. 2nd vaccination in UK was May 2021. They were happy to do but then spotted that I'd had Covid in July so, told me I should wait. I went again last week and got the booster.

For info, I then spoke to NHS UK as I wanted the UK and Thai vaccines consolidated on one app/document. They said I had to go in person to a vaccine centre in either Manchester or Sheffield (none in Leeds where my house is). No idea why but will follow up when back in the UK next week.
Sounds good. If you're still registered with a doctor there, they should be able to point you in the right direction. I had an issue with my first Pfizer shot not appearing on my NHS certificate. It just showed my second one as "2 of 2". I was referred to call 119 and get directed a department that handles certification resolution. Their promise was to respond in 28 days as they were very busy. They got in touch with me much sooner and once I gave them the date, location and batch number of the first shot, they were able to update the record and it was added to my certificate a couple of days later.

Here's a link to the specific NHS appointment booking you will need.

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavir ... ns-abroad/

I just plugged in my Lancs post code and it came up with Leeds and Sheffield.
Screenshot_20220216-122508.jpg
However, the availability in Leeds is tight with possibly afternoon only on 3 days out of the 5 listed. But you'll be home by then so check again as my experience is the changes are frequent but the NHS app is very good at keeping up with them.
Screenshot_20220216-122834.jpg
Last edited by tamada on February 16, 2022, 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » February 16, 2022, 12:33 pm

Seems reasonable that one country won't recognize the vaccine from another (UK first shots/Thailand booster). In that case, just carry the vaccine info from both countries when traveling.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » February 16, 2022, 12:49 pm

parrot wrote:
February 16, 2022, 12:33 pm
Seems reasonable that one country won't recognize the vaccine from another (UK first shots/Thailand booster). In that case, just carry the vaccine info from both countries when traveling.
I think that the health authorities of many countries now realize that international co- recognition of vaccination status speeds up the bureaucratic paper trail. I recall an Australian member posting here late last year that he was able to get his Thai shots added to his Australian record. Late last year, there was no easy way a jab administered overseas could be added to the NHS record.

I am happier to have all my shots on one English-language certificate as my work may involve satisfying transit country requirements using multiple airlines and not just my final destination. For example, I have to get two visas just to transit Australia, satisfy the Covid health requirements of two states AND the vessel operators just to join a ship that is LEAVING Australia. Lord knows what the Philippines will need when it's time to disembark and head home.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

marcus1
udonmap.com

Post by marcus1 » February 19, 2022, 1:51 pm

Quick question..
Going to the university next week for my booster shot.
Are they still doing them on a walk in basis and if so do they update your little yellow vaccine book on site at the same time...???
Any info much appreciated.
Thanks.
YKICAMOOCOW

joudon
udonmap.com

Post by joudon » February 19, 2022, 4:45 pm

You still require a "booster" for a flu virus that had been used to con people. Sorry Marcus I thought you of all people would have seen through this scam.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » February 19, 2022, 9:56 pm

joudon wrote:
February 19, 2022, 4:45 pm
You still require a "booster" for a flu virus that had been used to con people. Sorry Marcus I thought you of all people would have seen through this scam.
You one of them purebloods then?
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

marcus1
udonmap.com

Post by marcus1 » February 19, 2022, 10:03 pm

Agreed Joudon...
But if you want to travel you have no choice.
Western Australia is opening it's borders on March 3rd and I must have 3 jabs to enter...No other choice..!!!
My mother is 92 and I have not seen her for almost 3 years so it is an easy decision for me to make..!!
Cheers.
YKICAMOOCOW

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » February 19, 2022, 10:34 pm

If you are entering WA directly from overseas, you must comply with the Commonwealth requirement - which currently is 2 approved jabs.

marcus1
udonmap.com

Post by marcus1 » February 20, 2022, 12:12 am

The commonwealth requirement yes is 2 jabs...All other states only require such.
The states can set their own entry requirements after entry.
I can assure you that the entry conditions set by Western Australia are 3 jabs.
Please go to WA health for the latest details.
YKICAMOOCOW

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » February 20, 2022, 8:36 am

Seems pretty clear to me.

https://www.wa.gov.au/government/announ ... march-2022

Interstate - triple jabbed.

International (direct) - double jabbed (according to Commonwealth requirements).

https://covid19.homeaffairs.gov.au/vacc ... travellers

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » February 24, 2022, 3:41 pm

Walk-in vaccine available at the university today. After lunch the place is all but deserted.
No Moderna available. AZ and Pfizer in stock.
Vaccs centre at uni do not fill in your yellow vacc book. Must go to health center with the certificate they provide. Health center requires signed copies of your ID, passport is enough, and certificate from vacc centre.
Fill in a form with address and phone.
50 bht for a new book. All the family now have a book for international travel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

marcus1
udonmap.com

Post by marcus1 » February 24, 2022, 9:24 pm

Thanks Barney to a reply to my original question...
I thought as much that I have to go to the health department to update my little yellow book..!!!
Can not understand why they just can not stamp and update at the university at the time.
Never mind...Such is life.
And yes I thought the afternoon is the time to go for sure.
Many thanks again for the update.
YKICAMOOCOW

timmy
udonmap.com

Post by timmy » February 25, 2022, 6:57 am

i went 10am Tuesday morning empty only had to wait 10 min this time after the pfizer booster .
then straight to UDHD to update my yellow book forgot to photo copy my papers , but the kind ladys there did them for me FOC still have to wait 7 days for new book back ..

Return to “COVID-19/Corona Virus”