all about the new "Thailand Pass" starting november 1, 2021

samuel
udonmap.com

all about the new "Thailand Pass" starting november 1, 2021

Post by samuel » October 19, 2021, 8:13 am

Richard Barrow in Thailand
29 Min. ·
🔴 We are still waiting for more details about the new Thailand Pass after meetings this week, but this is what they have released so far >>>>
According to the “Ease of Travelling” policy, a “Thailand Pass” system will be adopted to replace the majority of the Certificate of Entry (COE) issuance process after the reopening of the country to travelers from low-risk countries on 1st November. We expect the list of low-risk countries to be finalized this week and will keep you updated.
The “Thailand Pass” system aims to facilitate entry into Thailand by shortening the process for filing information and uploading travelers’ documents. Thailand Pass will require travelers to fill in the T8 Form Health Questionnaire and the TM6 Immigration Form, as well as to upload a vaccine certificate. The Department of Disease Control (DDC) will then be responsible for verifying vaccine certificates and giving an approval through the back-office system within 1-3 days after registration.
Travelers can then download the Thailand Pass QR Code immediately after receiving the approval. They will be asked to show this QR code along with a Covid-19 negative test result issued no more than 72 hours before departure. No other documents are required and you do not have to fill in another T8 and TM6 form after arriving in Thailand, as the DDC will be able to examine your health information from scanning the Thailand Pass QR code.
The Thailand Pass system is expected to be launched on 1st November 2021 with some exceptions. COE will still be required for certain groups of travelers, such as those entering the Alternative Hospital Quarantine (AHQ), travelers entering through land borders, and travelers entering Thailand on yachts and cruise ships.
Source: CCSA
241438459_432643781555224_5692543361017169028_n.jpg

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Re: all about the new "Thailand Pass" starting november 1, 2021

Post by Bandung_Dero » October 19, 2021, 8:52 am

Same olde BS in a new package!
Sent from my 1977 Apple II using 2 Heinz bake bean cans and piano wire!

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » October 19, 2021, 9:02 am

I guess wait to see what they come up with in December

anefarious1
udonmap.com

Post by anefarious1 » October 19, 2021, 9:12 am

Everyone is confused. Very few are booking trips to Thailand.

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » October 19, 2021, 10:21 am

Until they decide to truly open back up, regardless of quarantine, I doubt if they are ever going to achieve the numbers they think they will. Time will tell I guess.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » October 19, 2021, 11:40 am

Thanks to samuel for starting a thread OF INTEREST TO THOSE ACTUALLY PLANNING ON COMING TO THAILAND.

Anyone already in Thailand or otherwise having ABSOLUTELY NO PLANS FOR COMING TO THAILAND, there's always the general Covid discussion thread if you want to go off topic.

Ta
tam
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » October 19, 2021, 11:58 am

I was actually planning on coming in November for retirement, but will probably wait until the beginning of next year, all this online BS isn't worth it.

anefarious1
udonmap.com

Post by anefarious1 » October 19, 2021, 12:00 pm

samuel wrote:
October 19, 2021, 8:13 am
Richard Barrow in Thailand
29 Min. ·
🔴 We are still waiting for more details about the new Thailand Pass after meetings this week, but this is what they have released so far >>>>
According to the “Ease of Travelling” policy, a “Thailand Pass” system will be adopted to replace the majority of the Certificate of Entry (COE) issuance process after the reopening of the country to travelers from low-risk countries on 1st November. We expect the list of low-risk countries to be finalized this week and will keep you updated.
The “Thailand Pass” system aims to facilitate entry into Thailand by shortening the process for filing information and uploading travelers’ documents. Thailand Pass will require travelers to fill in the T8 Form Health Questionnaire and the TM6 Immigration Form, as well as to upload a vaccine certificate. The Department of Disease Control (DDC) will then be responsible for verifying vaccine certificates and giving an approval through the back-office system within 1-3 days after registration.
Travelers can then download the Thailand Pass QR Code immediately after receiving the approval. They will be asked to show this QR code along with a Covid-19 negative test result issued no more than 72 hours before departure. No other documents are required and you do not have to fill in another T8 and TM6 form after arriving in Thailand, as the DDC will be able to examine your health information from scanning the Thailand Pass QR code.
The Thailand Pass system is expected to be launched on 1st November 2021 with some exceptions. COE will still be required for certain groups of travelers, such as those entering the Alternative Hospital Quarantine (AHQ), travelers entering through land borders, and travelers entering Thailand on yachts and cruise ships.
Source: CCSA
241438459_432643781555224_5692543361017169028_n.jpg
I think this is a topic of great interest TO MANY PEOPLE WHO ARE ALREADY IN THAILAND. The reason? Most expats living here have family and friends who want to visit after not being able to come for quite some time. The comments reflect the current situation ie. there is no actual definitive plan to reopen the country as of this moment. I'm eagerly awaiting all the details for loved ones.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » October 19, 2021, 12:08 pm

^ And of course it is of interest to those who are here, but are looking forward to leaving for a while and then returning.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » October 19, 2021, 12:14 pm

The piss and moan club contributions already greatly outnumber those with any GENUINE interest in the new plans THAT HAVEN'T EVEN BEEN FINALISED YET.

Honestly, how can anyone be confused if it hasn't even been invented yet?

For now, this is just another opinion thread, nothing new here, move along now.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » October 19, 2021, 12:31 pm

Who's pissing and moaning? From what's been released, all they are doing is renaming the COE and doing away with the quarantine. I'm sure eventually they will open up sooner or later without all these hoops to jump through. It is what it is, just like every other country around the world right now.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » October 19, 2021, 1:25 pm

Kenr6583 wrote:
October 19, 2021, 12:31 pm
Who's pissing and moaning? From what's been released, all they are doing is renaming the COE and doing away with the quarantine. I'm sure eventually they will open up sooner or later without all these hoops to jump through. It is what it is, just like every other country around the world right now.
You, among others, called it 'BS'.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Post by Bandung_Dero » October 19, 2021, 2:17 pm

tamada wrote:
October 19, 2021, 12:14 pm
THAT HAVEN'T EVEN BEEN FINALISED YET.

Honestly, how can anyone be confused if it hasn't even been invented yet?
Has anything been finalized yet over the past 18 months? All we have seen is "flip flops", "back flips", piss pore attempts at app creation, the Czar leading all into confusion, Anutin leading all into misunderstanding AND this just another confirmation of the mismanagement going on here.

I think we Farang as well as the Thais have every right to be "Pissing and Moaning"!
Sent from my 1977 Apple II using 2 Heinz bake bean cans and piano wire!

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » October 19, 2021, 4:34 pm

tamada wrote:
October 19, 2021, 1:25 pm
Kenr6583 wrote:
October 19, 2021, 12:31 pm
You, among others, called it 'BS'.
LOL, if that's pissing and moaning, you set your bar pretty low.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » October 19, 2021, 8:00 pm

^ If you'd only posted once, maybe not. But two in a row?
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » October 19, 2021, 8:22 pm

You're making something out of nothing. But in order to appease you, I will consider only posting once per thread in the future. 😦

BTW, you're the only one who has mentioned covid in this thread.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » October 19, 2021, 10:04 pm

Kenr6583 wrote:
October 19, 2021, 8:22 pm
You're making something out of nothing. But in order to appease you, I will consider only posting once per thread in the future. 😦

BTW, you're the only one who has mentioned covid in this thread.
Appease? I don't care how many times you post.

Covid is first mentioned by Richard Barrow in the OP. It is a thread in the Covid forum so all in all, that's pretty unremarkable, no? Funnily enough, none of the other posts, including yours, mention Covid either. But here we are, either pissing and moaning about what happened last year or something that hasn't even happened yet.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » October 19, 2021, 10:16 pm

Again, you're making something out of nothing towards me. Accusing me of not coming to Thailand? Wrong. Accusing me of pissing and moaning? Wrong again. This thread is about the new "Thailand Pass", which I actually read about over a week ago that came from the Thai government, and which isn't much different from the COE requirements they previously had, minus the quarantine requirement. The only one pissing and moaning on here is you about what other people are posting on this thread, "Thailand Pass".

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » October 19, 2021, 10:48 pm

The thread is about a "Thailand Pass" that doesn't exist at the moment yet some STILL piss and moan about what happened last year.

By this time next week there may be an 'official' list of countries to piss and moan about. I'll come back then.

It's not about you either Ken so don't get your panties in a bunch. I know you're waiting till the waters settle and it all becomes easy again which is the best reason to delay travel IMHO. I never suggested you were the reluctant traveler. You're just the only one awake calling something that hasn't even been invented yet BS.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » October 19, 2021, 11:06 pm

And that was only in response to your post referencing that I had no intention of coming to Thailand, given that I am probably the only one who had posted anything who is not in Thailand yet. This is not an opinion thread as you stated previously, this is from the Thai government. And my panties aren't in a bunch, it is what it is, I'm in no hurry, I'll get there when I get there.

And you kind of kind of contradict yourself, first thanking the OP for starting this thread, then telling people if they want to talk about covid to go to the covid thread when nobody mentioned covid except you and in the opening thread, and that was only in reference to the covid test that needed to be taken 72 hours before travel.

Return to “COVID-19/Corona Virus”