all about the new "Thailand Pass" starting november 1, 2021

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Re: all about the new "Thailand Pass" starting november 1, 2021

Post by stattointhailand » November 1, 2021, 5:44 pm

Not sure if it is the same reason but on Thaiger this morning it was saying none of the insurance cos have updated their cover to reflect the changes required from 1 Nov

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » November 1, 2021, 6:40 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
November 1, 2021, 5:44 pm
Not sure if it is the same reason but on Thaiger this morning it was saying none of the insurance cos have updated their cover to reflect the changes required from 1 Nov
Thanks and maybe

pipoz4444
That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » November 1, 2021, 7:27 pm

pipoz4444 wrote:
November 1, 2021, 2:49 pm
tamada wrote:
November 1, 2021, 1:47 pm
API server error. Probably something misconfigured on their end. It's only been online for less than 5 hours. Relax, have breakfast and try again after lunch (UK time).
Thanks,

Given it is the last Page and this last Page only relates to information on "Insurance" and also if you have not been in Country for 21 Days, I first thought it might be the which I entered my Insurance Information (Have some - and capitals in the Policy Number referrence)

But then I wondered if, there was an issue with Mr. API Server not being able to talk with Mr. Pacific Cross Server, at this time.

Have question if you don’t mind: If this is due to Mr. API Server having trouble connecting to Mr. Pacific Cross Server, would this be likely to happen during the Input of Data (i.e. when Dragging over of the Insurance Certificate) or only happen after the Upload was actually Submitted.

pipoz4444
Since we are uploading graphic files to the TP website, I doubt that the TP application is online and 'live' with any insurance company databases or even vaccination validators (if any). It is just an application portal and the checking and approval comes later. The MFA web page states that applications must be filed at least 7 days before travel and my guess is that any validation and checking (if any) is carried out during that time.

I will give it a whirl tonight (UK time).
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » November 1, 2021, 7:31 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
November 1, 2021, 5:44 pm
Is that the online, standalone Covid-specific insurance from AXA and the like for the last-minute shopper?

AFAIK, if someone already has the US$100k coverage for a CoE, they aren't going to be knocked back because it's twice as much as required for a TP.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » November 1, 2021, 8:01 pm

Are the requirements the same fot Tp as they were for COE with exception of covid cover?

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » November 1, 2021, 10:01 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
November 1, 2021, 8:01 pm
Are the requirements the same fot Tp as they were for COE with exception of covid cover?
Apart from the reduction on insurance minimums and reduction to 1 day quarantine, the CoE requirements prevail.

https://www.mfa.go.th/en/content/thailand-pass-faqs
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » November 1, 2021, 10:05 pm

The website looks like a busted flush +12 hours after going live. Looking at the forum formerly known as TV, a few early birders using a VPN and COR enabling on browsers had their applications accepted with not too many refreshes and re-entries and got a downloadable QR code. The rest are gurning (as expected).
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » November 1, 2021, 10:45 pm

So we wait for the Thais to get their screw drivers and hammers out to fix it. :-k :-k

I did stumble across this from the Thaiger, about one hour ago. Don't intend on trying it.

For all those struggling to get past the dreaded Error from API server message when registering for the Thailand Pass, we’ve got a ‘fix’ for you – just follow these steps:

1. Use Google Chrome You need to be using Google Chrome for this workaround to actually work, and we advise using a laptop/desktop.
2. Download the Allow CORS Chrome Extension Follow this link and it will take you to the download 3. Make sure it’s toggled on and enabled Check HERE to confirm. Add the extension to the bookmarked options and click it, turn it on, so it shows […]

Follow this Link: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/search/allow%20cors

https://thethaiger.com/news/national/th ... around-for

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » November 1, 2021, 11:01 pm

pipoz4444 wrote:
November 1, 2021, 10:45 pm
So we wait for the Thais to get their screw drivers and hammers out to fix it. :-k :-k

I did stumble across this from the Thaiger, about one hour ago. Don't intend on trying it.

For all those struggling to get past the dreaded Error from API server message when registering for the Thailand Pass, we’ve got a ‘fix’ for you – just follow these steps:

1. Use Google Chrome You need to be using Google Chrome for this workaround to actually work, and we advise using a laptop/desktop.
2. Download the Allow CORS Chrome Extension Follow this link and it will take you to the download 3. Make sure it’s toggled on and enabled Check HERE to confirm. Add the extension to the bookmarked options and click it, turn it on, so it shows […]

Follow this Link: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/search/allow%20cors

https://thethaiger.com/news/national/th ... around-for
That worked for some a few hours ago but striking out from Lancs with/without VPN and COR thingmie.

Watching England stitching up Sri Lanka is more fun.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » November 1, 2021, 11:22 pm

6 off the last ball ........ sweet

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » November 2, 2021, 12:21 am

OK, I tried this five minutes ago and it appears to have worked =; :-k

I put a "Space" after entering my Passport Number

I put a "Space" after entering my Thai Insurance Policy Number

I did a quick double click on the "Submit" at end of Page 4

I received a "Success" with a Tick

It then took me back to the first opening page " Thai Nationals" and "Non Thai National"

No confirmation email so far, but some hope that it may have worked

Regards

Phil
Last edited by pipoz4444 on November 2, 2021, 12:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » November 2, 2021, 12:47 am

Fingers crossed for you

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » November 2, 2021, 11:44 am

The other thing I had to get, which I didn't have yesterday, when trying to upload, was a Revised Certificate of Insurance Format, in Thai and English, from the Thai Medical Insurance Company. Previously, I only had a letter from Thai Medical Insurance Company, on their Company letter head, in both languages

But in speaking with the Thai Insurance Company yesterday (a Farang), he advised me that he had been contacted by several overseas Clients that morning, who had a similar upload issues, when it came to the last page of the Thai Pass process, when adding of the Insurance Documentation.

He went on to say that existing/older insurance policy confirmation letters (mine was doen in March 2021), now needed to be put into a new revised format, in accordance with the latest Thai Government requirements, for those entering after 01 November 2021. I doubt this was a factor preventing the upload, but it may be a factor in the actual approval process, in the future.

It shouldn’t affect those just buying insurance now for the holiday trip, at this time, as they should be getting the latest version requirement, from their respect Thai Insurer of choice.

Nevertheless, I received my new revised format of my Thai Insurance Certificate, this morning, which is differnet, which has a new title and new wording, a follows,

Title: Foreign Insurance Certificate

This insurance certificate is issued to Mr…….. from ………..Age …………..Passport No……….. .The insured person is insured by ……………..in accordance with the law and regulations for Foreigners who apply for …………………….for a period of …………The coverage of this health insurance certificate included Thailand. The health insurance also covers Covid -19 disease with a total sum of …………………

The period of the insurance begins from ……………….until ………………as stipulated on the Insurance Policy No ……………..of the Company ………..

This Policy is issued by the insurance company in Thailand or a branch of the foreign insurer established in Thailand

Signed by 3 Representatives of the Company, whereas before it was just one??

Hope this helps anyone, in the future.

pipoz4444

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » November 2, 2021, 3:21 pm

Just now, about 13 hours after the succesful submission/upload, I received an email from the [email protected] email address, saying

"Dear.........

Thailand Pass system has received your registration.

The result of your registration will be sent to this email within 7 working days."

So, it still looks hopeful [-o< =D>

pipoz4444

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » November 2, 2021, 5:46 pm

After spinning wheels overnight with a couple of first pick hotels via a couple of otherwise reliable ASQ finder websites (both previously used by friend over the past year), I fired up agoda and grabbed a room within 5 minutes. The TP application that had been left open awaiting completion for the last 14 hours or so accepted my completed application, confirmation email received so we will see what happens next.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » November 3, 2021, 2:59 pm

Received this response today from ThaiPass, so all good to go \:D/ \:D/

Dear Mr. .............

Thailand Pass system has approved your registration. You can access and download your Thailand Pass QR Code by double clicking the attached PDF

Travelling to Thailand
1.Please prepare your documents to present at the check-in counter and to the agencies concerned when arriving in Thailand. The documents are as follows,
1.1 Passport with visa (if required)
1.2 Thailand Pass QR Code (on mobile device or printed copy)
1.3 Medical certificate with a laboratory result indicating that COVID-19 is not detected through RT-PCR test (issued within 72 hours before departure). If the Port Health and Quarantine at airports in Thailand discover that you have invalidated COVID-19 RT-PCR test result or if the type of the test is not RT-PCR method, you will not be eligible to be exempted from quarantine, but you may be allowed to enter Thailand by quarantine only.

2. When arriving in Thailand, please present your documents and Thailand Pass QR Code to the immigration and disease control officers.

\:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

pipoz4444

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » November 3, 2021, 4:19 pm

Was just wondering , if you FAIL the test ehen you arrive you have to do 10/14 days q . As you have only paid one nights accom will the Hotel/Gov/Insurance co fight it out to get the money for the 9/13 days.. Buggered if I'd pay it and claim it back, what can they do? send you to the slammer to infect all the inmates? You wont be allowed on the plane to go back as you have tested pos.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » November 3, 2021, 6:06 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
November 3, 2021, 4:19 pm
Was just wondering , if you FAIL the test ehen you arrive you have to do 10/14 days q . As you have only paid one nights accom will the Hotel/Gov/Insurance co fight it out to get the money for the 9/13 days.. Buggered if I'd pay it and claim it back, what can they do? send you to the slammer to infect all the inmates? You wont be allowed on the plane to go back as you have tested pos.
If you test positive, it is 10 days in Covid hospital.

If you are identified as someone who sat next to a pax that tested +ve, despite testing -ve yourself, you become a HRC (High Risk Contact) and currently you get to go to the same place as the pax that tested +ve for the same 10 days. There is no home quarantine or hotel quarantine. However, they are now working on reducing HRC detention to only 3-4 days if you test negative on a second test.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » November 3, 2021, 6:16 pm

But b4 they already had "most" of your required costs paid in advance, now they only have one day hotel paid for ... lf l have covid I tell them to get the money from my insurance they made me buy, thats what its for isnt it?

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » November 3, 2021, 9:38 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
November 3, 2021, 6:16 pm
But b4 they already had "most" of your required costs paid in advance, now they only have one day hotel paid for ... lf l have covid I tell them to get the money from my insurance they made me buy, thats what its for isnt it?
You would best ask your insurance carrier or broker for the definitive, non-wiggle room answer to that.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

Return to “COVID-19/Corona Virus”