all about the new "Thailand Pass" starting november 1, 2021

tamada
udonmap.com

Re: all about the new "Thailand Pass" starting november 1, 2021

Post by tamada » October 19, 2021, 11:31 pm

Where do you read me referencing you as someone with no intention of coming to Thailand? Everyone knows you're coming here to retire and Covid got in the way. Oops.., can I mention that? If anything I was 'referencing' those all (un)happily kettled up in Bahn Nawk with no intention of going anywhere except Tesco's, will never need a CoE or whatever the next permit will be called and simply love to gurn about all things Thai.

Until week then?

Ta
tam

'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » October 19, 2021, 11:43 pm

Given the fact that I was the only one who had posted anything up to that point who was not in Thailand, and you, in a bold letters, specifically referenced those who have no intention of coming to Thailand, how was I or anyone else supposed to take that?

I've never said anything negative about Thailand, the people, the culture, or the government. I have only ever been a guest there and only will ever be a guest there. That being said, I am not upset or angry about their requirements for entering, damn near every country has imposed some type of stipulation.

If all else fails, Plan C will be Mexico 😁

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » October 20, 2021, 2:34 am

No worries and sorry if we got the wrong end of the stick earlier.

Just read that Anutin has made some vague waffle about those arriving after 1 Nov needing to "stay where they can be contacted" for 24-hours but not calling it quarantine? He's also thrown the nonsensical 'fit-to-fly' certificate curve ball back into play.

This should be good for some decent wailing and gnashing of teeth from the usual suspects when they wake up.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » October 20, 2021, 3:21 am

tamada wrote:
October 20, 2021, 2:34 am
No worries and sorry if we got the wrong end of the stick earlier.

Just read that Anutin has made some vague waffle about those arriving after 1 Nov needing to "stay where they can be contacted" for 24-hours but not calling it quarantine? He's also thrown the nonsensical 'fit-to-fly' certificate curve ball back into play.

This should be good for some decent wailing and gnashing of teeth from the usual suspects when they wake up.
It's all good sir. My intention was never to argue with you about something so trivial, I apologize also. Have a good one.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » October 21, 2021, 5:20 pm

From November 1st, foreign tourists arriving in Thailand, without being required to enter quarantine, must meet seven conditions, according to the Bureau of Risk Communication and Health Behavior Promotion of the Disease Control Department, today (Wednesday).

Foreign arrivals must:

Come from countries specified by the Thai Public Health Ministry as being low risk and arrive by air.
Have certificates to confirm that they have received two doses of a recognised COVID-19 vaccine.
Have negative COVID-19 results from RT-PCR tests conducted within 72 hours prior to arrival in Thailand.
Have a minimum of US$50,000 health insurance coverage.
Have written/electronic confirmation of hotel bookings in Thailand.
Download and install a specified app upon arrival at the airport and undergo RT-PCR tests within 24 hours of arrival.
Have negative test results before travelling domestically without quarantine.

The government’s policy of reopening the country to foreign travellers is based on three models.

The first is that arriving tourists, who are not fully inoculated, will be required to be isolated for 7 to 14 days depending on the case. The second is the “sandbox” model, which will be on trial in 17 provinces and the third is no quarantine for tourists who meet the seven conditions set by the Thai government.

Although foreigners can enter Thailand with the fewest possible restrictions, the government attaches importance to the safety of the Thai people and the country’s health system, which must be capable with coping with the new challenge, said the department.

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/thailand-s ... uarantine/
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » October 21, 2021, 5:36 pm

"Come from countries specified by the Thai Public Health Ministry as being low risk and arrive by air."

So all that's needed is to somehow book a flight from where you live to , say, Falkland Islands or Greenland or Andorra or Samoa (likely to still be classed as "low risk") and sort out a flight from there to Thailand ....... whoopeeeeee

China must be on the list as it has to be low risk due to nobody being allowed to leave there anyway :lol:

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » October 21, 2021, 8:26 pm

Thailand’s Suvarnabhumi and Don Muaeng international airports have adapted Phuket’s “sandbox’ model in the management and processing of arriving foreign tourists. Disembarkation to leaving the airports will take roughly 25 minutes, according to Transport Minister Saksayam Chidchob.

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/phuket-san ... -airports/
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » October 21, 2021, 9:56 pm

Have DM updated their systems then?

parrot posted last month on another thread this from Nokair

"Rainy, lazy day at kilo 18........so I asked:
Nokair response:
If you want to travel to Don Mueang Airport (Bangkok), Nok Air Airline would like to inform you that because Bangkok has no measures to check documents about COVID or week scene injection documents. Only scanning Thai QR code wins at the airport."

anefarious1
udonmap.com

Post by anefarious1 » October 21, 2021, 10:24 pm

Looks like 46 countries now.

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/ge ... from-nov-1

Richard Barrow has the full list on his Twitter feed but you can also go to Thailand's MFA website here:

https://image.mfa.go.th/mfa/0/mkKfL2iUL ... _(ENG).pdf

Richard says these rules will be in the Royal Gazette as soon as tonight!

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » October 21, 2021, 11:02 pm

""Come from countries specified by the Thai Public Health Ministry as being low risk and arrive by air."

How the hell can UK be on the list??

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » October 21, 2021, 11:12 pm

Well, the "Thailand Pass" does not exist at the moment. It has been replaced with less strict requirements,

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » October 22, 2021, 12:19 am

1634836594034.jpg
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » October 30, 2021, 9:40 pm

This FAQ from the MFA themselves. No confusion and/or ambiguity as far as I can see.

https://www.mfa.go.th/en/content/thailand-pass-faqs
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

maaka
udonmap.com

Post by maaka » October 30, 2021, 10:21 pm

arrived five days ago on a 777 with only 25 people on board.. paperwork was almost similar to that required for this Pass thing..off plane and out gate in 20 minutes..a world record compared to old times..good to see none of you have changed..

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » October 31, 2021, 11:24 am

Welcome home maaka, I think the "no one has changed" is due to Udon Flat Earth Society Rules & Regs which state the same "y fronts" must be worn to all meetings ......... perhaps one of the officers could confirm :oops:

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » October 31, 2021, 11:30 am

Welcome back maaka .. please when you get sorted post your experiences on re entry ... to Thailand i mean. :lol:

Statts ... I can confirm the Y fronts is a UFES club rule .. some do however choose to wash and iron the said Y fronts in between or during meetings

i just hang mine out to let the wind blow through them ..

Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

maaka
udonmap.com

Post by maaka » October 31, 2021, 2:23 pm

thanks lads for the welcome back..Hadnt kept up much with UM while away as was building a four bay Tractor shed, without electric tools..anyways , not sure of this Flat Earth crowd you mention, so will have to back track some of the threads in due course..

As to my experience regarding re- entry to Siam.
months of paperwork, Nine different documents to get. The COE and visa being handled by two different entities had its flaws..why the Embassy doesnt just do both documents at once when you apply for a visa was beyond me..the list of documents and the fact that NZ went into lockdown in the middle of it caused me to re schedule, which was a hassle..The 72hr pre flight test is a rush. I had to drive over and get the documents the day before take off, otherwise, one cant get on the plane..its wise to print out three copies of everything, as airlines, Immigration, ASQ hotels, all want bits.. Best to have a good Document regarding previous vaccines undertaken . I had one shrink wrapped so it wouldnt wear out. If you have all the paperwork and all the dates, times etc match up, these are sweet, and things go ok..
I came thru Hongkong transit at night. Nothing open, no food, no coffee. Nada..which made a 14hr wait almost unbearable..Planes are ok pre Nov 1st as not many people flying these days so plenty of breathing space around you..
Getting into Thailand was simple enough..temp check, T8 form, then off to Immigration where there was only one guy which should change in the days weeks to come..hotel were waiting with a plastic clad driver in a plastic walled off car..but he drove like the tax man was after him..5 star hotel, good enough, but of the 21 meals I have had, only one was hot..the bugger leaves it hanging outside on the door jerk but doesnt let you know its there..meals were nice enough in themselves..big surprise for a cleaning lady to come into the room midway thru to saat saat..abit of a worry if she has covid..I did 14 days before in hotel and knowone comes in..if you want clean bed they leave linen in plastic outside door and you make your bed, but not here in my case..I wouldnt let her past the bathroom and had two masks on..all in all, I prefer the isolation stay to be sure I havent picked covid on the journey here..airports and planes are a great place to catch things..I hea home and will do another 7 days living in my unattached workshop before I go near the missus and family..Indeed, I will ride home in the tray of the truck rather than get in the cab..would hate to be the one to give covid to 90yr old papa, or the family, or village...I think villagers are alittle scared of opening up to tourists, and worry that tourists will bring covid home, so to ease everyones mind, thats the way I do things..one of the teenagers in the family just got home from village from udon and she had to sleep in a special room at the Tessaban becasue she has not had the vaccine...so good to hear locals are taking precautions as well

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » November 1, 2021, 1:36 pm

Just out of curiosity I tried to Uplaod on Thai Pass for a few hours

It has four Pages of information to input

No problem gettin through the first 3 Pgaes and then get to the last Page "Insurnace". After dropping in the Insurance Certifctae and they going to "Submit",

1. Firts it drops off your insurance certifciate upload document
2. Then it come up with "Error from API Server and so will not not move on from Submit .

Have phoned and spoken with the Thai Insurance Company, to double check that the Insurance Policy Number and Effective Date, in their Data Base, is correct and current and it is.

The problem appears to be with the "Other Visisted Countries...........before arrival" (as there is not much other information on this 4th Page). Here it automatically defaulted to Qatar, but then said "Add More".

If you go into Add More it lsist the Countries, asking you to pick one. But in my case their is none. ??

Has anyone else tried to access and upload into the new Thai Pass web site, today?
Capture 3 Last Page Thai Pass.PNG
Last edited by pipoz4444 on November 1, 2021, 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » November 1, 2021, 1:47 pm

API server error. Probably something misconfigured on their end. It's only been online for less than 5 hours. Relax, have breakfast and try again after lunch (UK time).
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » November 1, 2021, 2:49 pm

tamada wrote:
November 1, 2021, 1:47 pm
API server error. Probably something misconfigured on their end. It's only been online for less than 5 hours. Relax, have breakfast and try again after lunch (UK time).
Thanks,

Given it is the last Page and this last Page only relates to information on "Insurance" and also if you have not been in Country for 21 Days, I first thought it might be the which I entered my Insurance Information (Have some - and capitals in the Policy Number referrence)

But then I wondered if, there was an issue with Mr. API Server not being able to talk with Mr. Pacific Cross Server, at this time.

Have question if you don’t mind: If this is due to Mr. API Server having trouble connecting to Mr. Pacific Cross Server, would this be likely to happen during the Input of Data (i.e. when Dragging over of the Insurance Certificate) or only happen after the Upload was actually Submitted.

pipoz4444
That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind.

Return to “COVID-19/Corona Virus”