Pfizer 2nd dose today

retired
udonmap.com

Re: Vaccine Passport today

Post by retired » September 25, 2021, 3:25 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
September 23, 2021, 11:00 am
so many covid related threads i posted this on the wrong one ..Doh

Went and picked up the vaccine passport from the general hospital this morning .. very quick n easy just handed in the green 50 bt receipt and appointment slip given 7 days ago when applied.. wait 5 mins done.

Its a yellow book as previously stated with your personal details on the front cover , inside again personal details plus your vaccine history stamped and signed , turn to next page and more spaces for more any added covid vaccines/ boosters etc

I did ask the staff there about any expiry time on the passport to which a very vague answer was given , i got the sense they werent really sure only saying within 1 year return to update if have a booster.. not confirming if the passport itself would expire and have to be renewed.

one more bit of info .. the general hospital will update this passport but only with vaccines received via the MOPH government vaccine routes so if for instance i was to have a Moderna vax or booster at BKKUDH or any private non government operated location at some point in the future how would i update the passport .. a possible future grey area ?? ...maybe take the passport and get it updated and stamped at the BKKUDH .. wait n see on that senario.

As a footnote ..a mate went with us to apply which he did at the same office but a slight change from 7 days ago as unlike i paid at this office now he had to pay the 50bt downstairs at the Pharmacy counters next to Amazon coffee then take it back upstairs to pre sign the passport .. the 7 day waiting time remains.

DM
I assume that despite it stating for international travel it is also good enough for domestic travel.

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Re: Pfizer 2nd dose today

Post by FrazeeDK » September 25, 2021, 4:51 pm

brings up the question, is BKK Hospital Udon able to input vaccination data into the Mor Prom system? That is where our vaccination certificate came from that was submitted to get the Vaccine Passport. If BKK Hospital does have this capability it would seem that you would take the booklet to the MOPH or Main Hosptial along with a printed copy of the update vaccine certification for entry into the book by the appropriate medical authorities... Its al the bureaucracy of stamps and signatures.. Now, seeing as how BKK Hospital was running part of the vaccination program down in Khon Khaen a couple of weeks ago, I'd say, yes, they are able to input the data into Mor Prom..
Dave

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » September 25, 2021, 6:12 pm

FrazeeDK wrote:
September 25, 2021, 4:51 pm
brings up the question, is BKK Hospital Udon able to input vaccination data into the Mor Prom system? That is where our vaccination certificate came from that was submitted to get the Vaccine Passport. If BKK Hospital does have this capability it would seem that you would take the booklet to the MOPH or Main Hosptial along with a printed copy of the update vaccine certification for entry into the book by the appropriate medical authorities... Its al the bureaucracy of stamps and signatures.. Now, seeing as how BKK Hospital was running part of the vaccination program down in Khon Khaen a couple of weeks ago, I'd say, yes, they are able to input the data into Mor Prom..
I am not so sure that they can, or maybe will, despite my giving both my pink card and passport they decided to use my passport number to register me into their system, so in MorProm I can’t use my passport number, don’t have a 13 digit vaccination number so have used my Thai ID number. This is not showing my first vaccination in MorProm.
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

Bonanza
udonmap.com

Post by Bonanza » September 26, 2021, 7:08 am

Below is quoted extract from the UK Govt website:

Travel from the rest of the world if you are fully vaccinated
From 4am Monday 4 October, you will qualify as fully vaccinated if you are vaccinated either:

under an approved vaccination programme in the UK, Europe, USA or UK vaccine programme overseas
with a full course of the Oxford/AstraZeneca, Pfizer BioNTech, Moderna or Janssen vaccines from a relevant public health body in Australia, Antigua and Barbuda, Barbados, Bahrain, Brunei, Canada, Dominica, Israel, Japan, Kuwait, Malaysia, New Zealand, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan or the United Arab Emirates (UAE)
Formulations of the 4 listed vaccines, such as AstraZeneca Covishield, AstraZeneca Vaxzevria and Moderna Takeda, qualify as approved vaccines.

You must have had a complete course of an approved vaccine at least 14 days before you arrive in England.

So, it may be that the Thai vaccine passport is not valid for travel to UK. :(

Giggle
udonmap.com

Post by Giggle » September 26, 2021, 2:23 pm

Still waiting for the word from the nice folks at MoFA for my first vaccination. Maybe, by the time my turn comes, they will have moved to a more recognized program or the Wuhan Flu will have given up.

I'm really impressed by the way the Biden administration vaccinates hundreds of thousands of criminal aliens at the Texas border and sends millions of doses of vaccination to complete strangers in Thailand and tells his own citizens to F.O.

Stinking liberal rotten POS.
Ashli Babbitt -- SAY HER NAME!

timmy
udonmap.com

Post by timmy » September 28, 2021, 9:52 am

went to pick up my vaccination passport today , everything fine apart from they had spelt my Sir name completely backwards instead of Bayley they had put "Yelyab " at first i thought it was the wrong passport but the noticed all other information was correct , so back again in 2 days ... TIT .

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » September 28, 2021, 2:17 pm

Bonanza wrote:
September 26, 2021, 7:08 am

From 4am Monday 4 October, you will qualify as fully vaccinated if you are vaccinated either:

under an approved vaccination programme in the UK, Europe, USA or UK vaccine programme overseas
with a full course of the Oxford/AstraZeneca, Pfizer BioNTech, Moderna or Janssen vaccines from a relevant public health body in Australia, Antigua and Barbuda, Barbados, Bahrain, Brunei, Canada, Dominica, Israel, Japan, Kuwait, Malaysia, New Zealand, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan or the United Arab Emirates (UAE)
Formulations of the 4 listed vaccines, such as AstraZeneca Covishield, AstraZeneca Vaxzevria and Moderna Takeda, qualify as approved vaccines.

You must have had a complete course of an approved vaccine at least 14 days before you arrive in England.

Correct. Those fully-vaccinated in Thailand will need to fork out £2280 and stay in a state-approved quarantine hotel for 10 days after arriving. This is regardless of the type of vaccine used.
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

marcus1
udonmap.com

Post by marcus1 » September 28, 2021, 6:16 pm

Hang on a moment giggly...
The American's donated a huge amount of pfizer to Thailand which found it's way to us farang's in Udon.
If you did not take the opportunity to take up the offer to get vaxed...
Well, more fool you..!!!!
I myself being an aussie thank the American goverment for their generosity as I am sure many others think the same.
Last edited by marcus1 on September 28, 2021, 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
YKICAMOOCOW

newtovillagelife
udonmap.com

Post by newtovillagelife » September 28, 2021, 6:20 pm

Does anyone know if the vaccine passport is in English only or a mix of Thai and English.

In other words does the document need to be translated in any way. Thanks.

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » September 28, 2021, 6:52 pm

All relevant info is in English. The only exception is "Immunization certificate for international travel Coronavirus disease 2019 (Covid 19) Vaccine" is in English and Thai

newtovillagelife
udonmap.com

Post by newtovillagelife » September 28, 2021, 7:03 pm

parrot wrote:
September 28, 2021, 6:52 pm
All relevant info is in English. The only exception is "Immunization certificate for international travel Coronavirus disease 2019 (Covid 19) Vaccine" is in English and Thai
Thanks.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » September 28, 2021, 7:44 pm

marcus1 wrote:
September 28, 2021, 6:16 pm

I myself being an aussie thank the American goverment for their generosity as I am sure many others think the same.
Yes, if you look back through the threads, many of us (not just Aussies) have thanked President Joe Biden personally for his generosity.

It being understood that most farangs who were the beneficiary of Joe's largesse actually took proactive steps to get jabbed with Pfizer - and were not sitting back waiting for a personal invitation and expedited delivery to their home.

marcus1
udonmap.com

Post by marcus1 » September 28, 2021, 8:11 pm

Totally agree with your comments..
Can not see any Pfizer getting up this way again for expats any time soon if at all.
The horse has now bolted...!!!!
Congrats to all that got pro-active and made it happen..!!!
YKICAMOOCOW

choi choi
udonmap.com

Post by choi choi » September 28, 2021, 10:05 pm

marcus1 wrote:
September 28, 2021, 6:16 pm
Hang on a moment giggly...
The American's donated a huge amount of pfizer to Thailand which found it's way to us farang's in Udon.
If you did not take the opportunity to take up the offer to get vaxed...
Well, more fool you..!!!!
i was registered for the Pfizer jab, But had to have an operation two days after!
! was adviced to cancel it! So missed out!
But this looks promising !
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFT9A3b7FTQ

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » September 29, 2021, 6:50 am

tamada wrote:
September 28, 2021, 2:17 pm
Bonanza wrote:
September 26, 2021, 7:08 am

Correct. Those fully-vaccinated in Thailand will need to fork out £2280 and stay in a state-approved quarantine hotel for 10 days after arriving. This is regardless of the type of vaccine used.

As far as I was concerned, getting vaccinated was an attempt to avoid being incarcerated in a ICU while watchin g myself fade into obscurity. Travel is a whole different Ball game andI have tentavilly put 2023 in my diary as about that time the world will become more sane and not so ridiculous regarding travel from anywhere to anywhere.

Mjkt
udonmap.com

Post by Mjkt » September 29, 2021, 8:23 am

parrot wrote:
Does anyone know the benefit of the vaccine passport if the Thai hospital has already provided a perfectly good hospital vaccine certificate that is in English?

The palaver required to get the vaccine passport seems a bit OTT and if not essential I'd pass.

I have also read hospitals will stamp your existing vaccine passports if you already had one for Yellow Fever or whatever before COVID? Anyone done that?

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » September 29, 2021, 8:42 am

Mjkt wrote:
September 29, 2021, 8:23 am
parrot wrote:
Does anyone know the benefit of the vaccine passport if the Thai hospital has already provided a perfectly good hospital vaccine certificate that is in English?

The palaver required to get the vaccine passport seems a bit OTT and if not essential I'd pass.

I have also read hospitals will stamp your existing vaccine passports if you already had one for Yellow Fever or whatever before COVID? Anyone done that?
The yellow vaccine certificate/record is in an internationally recognised format, as such is far more likely to be accepted worldwide as proof, if it is required, of vaccination than a wide verity of different formats of certificates.

Naturally you are welcome to not get one and run the risk that whatever certificate you have is not accepted, if proof is required.

If you won’t travel internationally it’s unlikely to be a problem, if you do it’s cheap insurance.

FWIW they are not vaccine passports. Vaccine passports do not exist.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » September 29, 2021, 9:17 am

sometimewoodworker wrote:
September 29, 2021, 8:42 am
Mjkt wrote:
September 29, 2021, 8:23 am
parrot wrote:

The yellow vaccine certificate/record is in an internationally recognised format, as such is far more likely to be accepted worldwide as proof, if it is required, of vaccination than a wide verity of different formats of certificates.

Naturally you are welcome to not get one and run the risk that whatever certificate you have is not accepted, if proof is required.

If you won’t travel internationally it’s unlikely to be a problem, if you do it’s cheap insurance.

FWIW they are not vaccine passports. Vaccine passports do not exist.
IMO the yellow book (Certificate of Covid 19 vaccination) was very easy to get zero drama and also minimal paperwork.

More so i have already used it to make my business operations not only start up but run smoothly.

Our ware housing complex re opened last Monday 27th after a week of deep cleaning and the Isan based business is now also slowly coming back to life .. It seems authorities are doing their utmost to protect against more covid outbreaks as the system to enter for anyone with a unit within the complex (and visitors)has been revamped .. October and November entry only Mon-Fri 8am to 6pm (not 24/7) and via a MOPH manned screening point where an ID card must be shown, to get this ID i had to produce a picture and a few other docs INCLUDING THE YELLOW BOOK (i also sent the cert i got from the Uni).. i was advised also to have the MOPH details on my phone and carry all relevant paperwork when traveling.

So its horses for courses im very pleased i took the time to get the yellow book whatever its referred to BTW it is my experience some official departments correctly or not do use the term ""vaccine passport""...especially in Bangkok.

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » September 29, 2021, 10:43 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
September 29, 2021, 9:17 am
So its horses for courses im very pleased i took the time to get the yellow book whatever its referred to BTW it is my experience some official departments correctly or not do use the term ""vaccine passport""...especially in Bangkok.
The fact that various departments use incorrect English terms is reasonably well known, my guess is that there are several factors in play the first and probably most important is that Thai is always the definitive text and that an English translation is a convenient, for us, guide, so the wording in English is not significant. Another factor is that there are different concepts and world views in different cultures, this means that though the 2 words may exist in both languages the meanings and usage is different or not differentiated in general use.

I know of another language where the difference between certificates and licences exist but in English they are often, even usually, confused.

So while a non native speaker may use an incorrect term and it be normal that doesn’t excuse a native speaker or writer doing the same. A good reason for using the correct wording is that in general, in English, passports give permission, while a certificate just gives information. So using the wrong term leads to incorrect expectations.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » September 29, 2021, 11:57 am

sometimewoodworker wrote:
September 29, 2021, 10:43 am
Drunk Monkey wrote:
September 29, 2021, 9:17 am
The fact that various departments use incorrect English terms is reasonably well known, my guess is that there are several factors in play the first and probably most important is that Thai is always the definitive text and that an English translation is a convenient, for us, guide, so the wording in English is not significant. Another factor is that there are different concepts and world views in different cultures, this means that though the 2 words may exist in both languages the meanings and usage is different or not differentiated in general use.

I know of another language where the difference between certificates and licences exist but in English they are often, even usually, confused.

So while a non native speaker may use an incorrect term and it be normal that doesn’t excuse a native speaker or writer doing the same. A good reason for using the correct wording is that in general, in English, passports give permission, while a certificate just gives information. So using the wrong term leads to incorrect expectations.
Time will tell , word is in Bkk some sort of proof of vaccine will be a requirement when entering certain locations in the future...including entertainment and restaurants etc.

Correct terminology or not It was the MOPH department local to our ware house in Bkk who used the term when they sent me the list of what i needed to send them to get the ID card... exact wording below.

Unit address
Purpose of visit
Passport style photo
Proof of vaccine history / vaccine passport front cover and vaccine history page.

IMO .whatever any departments official or not wish to call it is at best splitting hairs ... the basic fact that costing only 50bt , being so easy to get plus ive benefited by using it already says it all.

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Return to “COVID-19/Corona Virus”