Bangkok Udon vaccine refund

AlexO
udonmap.com

Bangkok Udon vaccine refund

Post by AlexO » August 1, 2021, 10:00 am

Wife has just had a phone call from 'Bangkok Udon Hospital' asking for bank account details. They claim it is for a refund of 400/500 baht for the prepaid Moderna vaccine. Prepaid 3400Baht
1/ Anyone else had a similar call
2/ Anyone had an actual refund given to them.
3/ Can you actually scam an account with just the account number and not the card with PIN as well.
Thanks in advance.

tamada
udonmap.com

Re: Bangkok Udon vaccine refund

Post by tamada » August 1, 2021, 1:07 pm

I am sure all sorts of dodgy stuff can be achieved with having your bank account number. Personally, I wouldn't, especially since I've never give them 3400 baht in the first place. But if I had, for only 400/500 baht, I would wait until invited in for the shot and try and claim it back then, in person.

Jello
udonmap.com

Post by Jello » August 1, 2021, 2:53 pm

1/No. I’ve also pre-paid for the Moderna vaccine and have not received this call.
I was informed when I purchased it that no refund would be given.

2/Yes. Bangkok hospital has refunded money to me before on another occasion for a overpayment.
The bill was paid by debit card. They called me and asked me to come into the hospital to get the refund.

3/Maybe. I wouldn’t give out my account number unless I could call back to a known Bangkok hospital phone number.
UFF DA!

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » August 1, 2021, 3:04 pm

Just an update. Called hospital and after checking they said it was a mistake. The refunds are for the early bookers who paid 3900 Baht in advance. So not a scam and some lucky guys are getting 500Baht refund soon. Just wish they would hurry up and get the bloody vaccine here.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » August 1, 2021, 3:08 pm

I have also registered for Moderna.

i have not received a call reference any refund but i did get an email from BKKUD requesting bank details for a refund as there had been an over payment of 400 bt (paid 3800 should be 3400 bt) ..this request was for refunding only the over payment not the full amount , im sure another member posted the email he had received as well but so many covid threads its lost in space some where.

The email address used to correspond was the official BKKUD Hospital the same one used in all previous contacts so i dont have an issue about then having my details , as yet no refund but their email did also state they were waiting for government confirmation on the final set price and any refund would be within 15 days from this point.

HERE IS THE EMAIL WORDING I WAS SENT .. (i didnt copy in the official Bkk hospital logo etc.)

Dear Prospect Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine Recipient,

Subject : Refund from the price reduction for Moderna COVID-19 Vaccines are currently in the process

Bangkok Hospital Udon would like to inform you that the refund of the price reduction which occurred on your Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine booking will be processed via bank transfer within 15 days after the conclusion of the exact price from the government.

Please notify your reservation name for Moderna COVID-19 Vaccines as well as your bank details for us to continue transferring money back to you.

**Kindly be aware of the bank charge in case of international bank account, we recommend you to provide the Thai Bank for this refund process.

Reservation Name :

Bank Name :

Bank Account Name :

Bank Account Number :

We are sorry for any inconvenience that may have caused, and we would like to thank you for trusting Bangkok Hospital Udon.

Kind regards,

International Coordinator

Bangkok Hospital Udon

Tel: +66 42 188 999 Ext. 1450, 1158

Office Hours: 7:00 am – 8:00 pm

Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: BUD
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Charlieb
udonmap.com

Post by Charlieb » August 1, 2021, 4:19 pm

If you paid 3800 baht show your receipt to the cashier and get cash refund of 400 baht

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » August 2, 2021, 3:16 pm

Zoomed into town on the Zoomer today has had a couple of bills to pay and pick up bits n bobs ..dropped in BKKUDH and asked if any update ref vaccinations ..NO was the reply which was to be expected .. though twas also confirmed all who registered at the hospital would receive the jab when it arrives not on some kind of lottery basis as reported .
On the subject of any refund for over payment this will be done via a bank transfer within 15 days of the Governments set price being announced not a cash refund via the hospital cashier.

Three things i did notice ..

Traffic / roads very quiet even in usually the worst parts of Udon center.

The amount of closed shuttered business premises and places that have obviously be stripped not to reopen is incredible... Udon will most certainly be a different place post covid

Disturbingly it seems wearing a mask correctly is still beyond way too many people .. i lost count of how many times i saw straps over ears mask on or under the chin .. not the mouth.

DM

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » August 6, 2021, 9:32 am

Twood appear overnight i have received refund from BKKUDH for over payment for the Moderna vaccine i registered for in June.

500 bt went into my Kasikorn account at 01.54 am and was confirmed at 07.20 am , that makes the cost 3,300 bt ( down from 3,800) as it currently stands and when the vaccine arrives which has already been stated Oct 21 , then Nov 21 and latest first quarter 2022 .. ???

Anyway just a heads up for any members who like i did sent my bank details to the hospital for a the over payment refund to check their accounts.

The hospital are not offering cash refunds at the location must be into a Thai bank.

For those using a Chang currency calculator 500 bt relates to 6.25 large bottles of Thailands finest beverage over the bar or 8.47 bottles via Makro.

DM
Last edited by Drunk Monkey on August 6, 2021, 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » August 6, 2021, 9:51 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
August 2, 2021, 3:16 pm

Disturbingly it seems wearing a mask correctly is still beyond way too many people .. i lost count of how many times i saw straps over ears mask on or under the chin .. not the mouth.

DM
The kool hi-so khons keep the mask over the ears. You gotta be hip to the jive or you'll end up a square.
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » August 6, 2021, 12:15 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
August 6, 2021, 9:32 am
Twood appear overnight i have received refund from BKKUDH for over payment for the Moderna vaccine i registered for in June.

500 bt went into my Kasikorn account at 01.54 am and was confirmed at 07.20 am , that makes the cost 3,300 bt ( down from 3,800) as it currently stands and when the vaccine arrives which has already been stated Oct 21 , then Nov 21 and latest first quarter 2022 .. ???

Anyway just a heads up for any members who like i did sent my bank details to the hospital for a the over payment refund to check their accounts.

The hospital are not offering cash refunds at the location must be into a Thai bank.

For those using a Chang currency calculator 500 bt relates to 6.25 large bottles of Thailands finest beverage over the bar or 8.47 bottles via Makro.

DM
Re above .. just had contact from BKKUDH asking me to confirm receipt of the over payment refund.

DM

Charlieb
udonmap.com

Post by Charlieb » August 6, 2021, 12:33 pm

I disagree with tis statement Jon"
"The hospital are not offering cash refunds at the location must be into a Thai bank."

As I stated above I showed my receipts (Me, wife and daughter) to the cashier at BKK hospital and received a cash refund on the spot.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » August 6, 2021, 12:48 pm

Charlieb wrote:
August 6, 2021, 12:33 pm
I disagree with tis statement Jon"
"The hospital are not offering cash refunds at the location must be into a Thai bank."

As I stated above I showed my receipts (Me, wife and daughter) to the cashier at BKK hospital and received a cash refund on the spot.
Im only saying what it said in the message Charles .. ""refund will be by bank transfer only"".

Since dropping by BKKUDH last week i have had no other contact until this last night and this morning when the refund popped up in my bank and then confirmed .. i have just confirmed receipt with them now.

DM

Return to “COVID-19/Corona Virus”