Thailand will re-open before Easter 2022

tamada
udonmap.com

Re: Thailand will re-open before 14 October 2021

Post by tamada » October 2, 2021, 5:10 pm

Here's a graphic that explains this phase of reopening.
asq_phase_2.jpg

'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » October 2, 2021, 5:38 pm

They forgot to add that all travellers must sign a declaration that they will not partake in any activity that could possibly be mistaken as having fun, attending a party or otherwise being entertained, and that they undertake to be tucked up alone in bed by 22:00 and not to post any videos of themselves on their onlyfan page.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » October 14, 2021, 8:43 pm

Udon is on the latest official list of provinces permitted to become free-range from 1 Nov.

BREAKING: The Ministry of Foreign Affairs has just announced that the COE application process will start to be replaced by a simpler Thailand Pass system from 1st November onwards. More information soon.

Five more provinces, Samut Prakan, Nong Khai, Udon Thani, Rayong, and Trat, will join the 10 provinces earlier announced as quarantine-free destinations for fully vaccinated visitors from November 1.

Those 10 provinces include Bangkok, Krabi, Phang-nga, Prachuap Khiri Khan, Phetchaburi, Chonburi, Ranong, Chiang Mai, Loei, and Buriram.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » October 15, 2021, 2:11 am

What do you mean people are confused?
Ok lets get rid of COE
Great idea that will save a lot of confusion
And replace it with something new
What?
We can call it the Thailand pass
From when?
Nov 1
That's only 2 weeks away
Just watch this space and we'll explain in a week or so
I'm confused

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » October 15, 2021, 2:17 am

Can we have a daily update to the thread title

tamada
udonmap.com

Re: Thailand will re-open before Christmas 2021

Post by tamada » October 15, 2021, 5:04 pm

Here ya go statts.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » October 15, 2021, 8:04 pm

Let's see how quickly the CCSA goes with the PM's proposals. No quarantine for fully vaccinated travelers, no COE and an explanation of how they'll do this mandatory arrival PCR test unless they can turn them around in a couple of hours or less. OH, the PM's speech didn't say diddly about mandatory COVID insurance (another onerous burden for a traveler) but I would imagine it still will be a requirement. The full explanation of the "new" Thailand Pass procedures whould be out within the next few days.
Dave

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » October 15, 2021, 8:26 pm

How many months have they had to work on this, bounce it round their "think tank", iron out the problems, and make sure it was "oven ready" (Brit joke) b4 announcing to the media and public?

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » October 15, 2021, 10:20 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
October 15, 2021, 8:26 pm
How many months have they had to work on this, bounce it round their "think tank", iron out the problems, and make sure it was "oven ready" (Brit joke) b4 announcing to the media and public?
If you take the date of the PM's original pledge that triggered this thread, it is (almost) exactly 4 months.

During those four months, over 62 million jabs have been stuck in arms including most of UM's active membership. The vaccination rollout has been the main enabler of this pledge being (almost) fulfilled.
FrazeeDK wrote:
October 15, 2021, 8:04 pm
Let's see how quickly the CCSA goes with the PM's proposals. No quarantine for fully vaccinated travelers, no COE and an explanation of how they'll do this mandatory arrival PCR test unless they can turn them around in a couple of hours or less. OH, the PM's speech didn't say diddly about mandatory COVID insurance (another onerous burden for a traveler) but I would imagine it still will be a requirement. The full explanation of the "new" Thailand Pass procedures whould be out within the next few days.
The CCSA is the final, public rubber stamping before it goes to the cabinet for approval so it's the cabinet that has the last word. I don't think they've ever knocked back any CCSA recommendations so doubt they'll start now. This is primarily because the PM fundamentally IS the cabinet and nobody really argues with him.

The CoE is apparently going to be replaced by an app. What's not to like about that?

I have done several state-sanctioned quarantines in the past 4 months and all of them were stricter and shittier than Thailand's ASQ. If Anutin or MOPH have had a hiccup and have switched from no ASQ to either a 24-hour or 48-hour wait for the test result on arrival, I won't complain. Especially since it looks like Udon will also welcome me with open arms with no further quarantines, self-isolation or testing. I would think there will be heavy emphasis on hand washing, gelling, face masking and social distancing as well as keeping tabs on your temperature and self-reporting if one gets crook. Basically trusting the people to keep doing the right thing.

Since Covid insurance hasn't been mentioned, I think it is safe to assume that requirement will remain. It is no big deal as most all insurance policies issued in Thailand already meet that requirement. For those who don't have comprehensive health insurance, there's at least three insurance companies issuing Covid-specific $100k insurance that can be prorated to cover ones planned stay be it on a visa-exempt entry, a visa or whatever's left remaining on an extension.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

jai yen yen
udonmap.com

Post by jai yen yen » October 15, 2021, 10:55 pm

The world is opening up and reducing covid restrictions, it will be interesting to see the results.

bluejets
udonmap.com

Post by bluejets » October 16, 2021, 5:35 am

Seems the powers that be are relying on the vaccine.
It's one hell of a mess where on one hand, it is essential to get economies flowing again, and on the other, what happens to the unprotected who haven't had the opportunity to get the jab.
Just rely on natural immunity to take care of them.
Good luck to the elderly.

Bonanza
udonmap.com

Post by Bonanza » October 16, 2021, 5:39 am

There is no new travel news on the UK Thai Embassy website, but the following statement is from the Thai Embassy in Austria.

ATTENTION: At present, there is no official confirmation of reported news that quarantine requirement will be removed for travellers from certain countries from 1 November 2021. The Embassy will publish updates to Thailand's entry requirements as soon as they are officially confirmed. Travellers are advised to follow the Embassy's website for reliable, up-to-date information.

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » October 16, 2021, 7:26 am

Bononza
Read the following for info regarding countries involved

https://www.facebook.com/thailandprd/vi ... 020030105/

Bonanza
udonmap.com

Post by Bonanza » October 17, 2021, 5:55 am

Hi Doodoo. Tried the link and got the following message:-

This page isn't available
The link you followed may be broken, or the page may have been removed.

I will keep monitoring as I'm trying to get back to Thailand from UK !!!

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » October 17, 2021, 8:16 am

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » October 21, 2021, 2:18 am

Morroco has just banned all flights from UK/Holland & Germany due to surging covid numbers with others expected to follow. Also DW was reporting today that Russia is now experiencing more cases and deaths than at any previous time, so a Nov 1st opening looks to be fading by the minute

jai yen yen
udonmap.com

Post by jai yen yen » October 21, 2021, 2:57 am

I hate to say it but the world is opening up and I think it may be a mistake. I hope I am wrong and personally would like to visit Thailand again but I will wait and see what happens in the next year or so.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » October 21, 2021, 4:02 am

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/thailand-s ... uarantine/

Foreign arrivals must:

1 Come from countries specified by the Thai Public Health Ministry as being low risk and arrive by air.

2 Have certificates to confirm that they have received two doses of a recognised COVID-19 vaccine.

3 Have negative COVID-19 results from RT-PCR tests conducted within 72 hours prior to arrival in Thailand.

4 Have a minimum of US$50,000 health insurance coverage.

5 Have written/electronic confirmation of hotel bookings in Thailand.

6 Download and install a specified app upon arrival at the airport and undergo RT-PCR tests within 24 hours of arrival.

7 Have negative test results before travelling domestically without quarantine.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » October 21, 2021, 4:09 am

Okay, well that's not too bad. No $100,000 covid insurance. Interesting. Looks like they scrapped the "Thailand Pass", for now, anyways, which is good. The FDA gave Johnson & Johnson authorization for booster shots, so that will give me my second shot. Maybe I'll fly in for a few weeks in December. :D

Bonanza
udonmap.com

Post by Bonanza » October 21, 2021, 8:06 am

Below is an extract from an email sent to me today by the Thai Embassy in London. Whatever is being said in Thailand is not getting through to the Embassies where the visas are issued, so they are following the 'old' (ie unchanged) rules.

We have not been officially advised regarding November yet. If you are planning to travel to Thailand soon, you may prepare as if you are going in to a quarantine hotel. If you are not travelling until mid-end of November, we suggest you wait for the next few weeks, and we should be able provide more updates.

Return to “COVID-19/Corona Virus”