Thailand will re-open before Easter 2022

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Re: Thailand will re-open before Christmas 2021

Post by Drunk Monkey » November 1, 2021, 1:49 pm

When open is not open !!!!!!!

Talking to a coupla mates in Bkk earlier one has a pub the other a beverage supplier , both have commented and expressed their displeasure at todays supposed re opening of restaurants etc including serving alcohol ..it seems the authourities have come up with a covid license where as each venue must be inspected , photographed to be ready safe and covid friendly .. what makes this all the more strange is no one was informed and it can take up to 30 days to process the document .. the covid police have been doing the rounds warning places NOT TO OPEN without the correct paperwork / inspection .. so not only are many places having to delay opening but suppliers are getting pre orders cancelled ..

im guessing if there was an offer of tea n biscuits it may be possible to get the correct documentation quicker..

YCMTSU ..

So im wondering if opening up in Udon is scheduled for 1st December as muted will the same docs etc be needed here ????

DM

Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » November 1, 2021, 3:18 pm

Dec 1st is a long way off in Covid-time. First things first, Udon has to get out of the 'red zone'. With places like Kham Chanot, walking street, and schools opening up, along with increasing flight activity into Udon, who knows what the situation will be like in 30 days?
On the subject of 'covid license', I'm not sure the lady is holding such a thing......but I'm guessing it's along the lines of such a thing. I'll do some searching Thai websites to see if I can find what's involved.......but if people selling things like monkey-balls and imitation Japanese food have (need) one, I think you can assume that any place selling food/liquor will need the same. Certainly I'd guess they have to have some sort of proof of vaccination on the employees.....for starters.
Big IF the country opens up to tourists in any big way, I wouldn't be surprised to see stringent measures applied to any cluster areas or businesses breaking the rules.
FFT
https://www.dnaindia.com/world/report-c ... es-2917779
Attachments
003-1536x864.jpg

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » November 1, 2021, 5:27 pm

Update .. businesses will require a SHA document, looks like it was first muted last August and now a nationwide requirement fir any tourist attractions including restaurants etc

Safety n Health Administration document

https://www.tourismthailand.org/Article ... ertificate

** 61 flights arrived into Thailand today according to Ch 3 eve ning news .

DM

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » November 2, 2021, 7:20 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
November 1, 2021, 5:27 pm
Update .. businesses will require a SHA document, looks like it was first muted last August and now a nationwide requirement fir any tourist attractions including restaurants etc

DM
And if you go to Thailadsha.com ...the site don't work 555. Oh well TIT
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » November 2, 2021, 7:45 am

papafarang wrote:
November 2, 2021, 7:20 am
Drunk Monkey wrote:

DM
Exactly my point Dean .. and straight from the horses mouth (pub/restaurant owner in Bkk)..

quote: its as if on the eve of places being allowed to open in Bkk the authourities suddenly remembered the SHA idea from last August and implemented it without offering clear guidelines on how to get it and even a functioning website :shock:

I did notice on the evening news many places had chosen just to open regardless ..until the covid police come knocking.

DM

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » November 2, 2021, 8:13 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
November 2, 2021, 7:45 am
papafarang wrote:
November 2, 2021, 7:20 am
Drunk Monkey wrote:

DM
Exactly my point Dean .. and straight from the horses mouth (pub/restaurant owner in Bkk)..

quote: its as if on the eve of places being allowed to open in Bkk the authourities suddenly remembered the SHA idea from last August and implemented it without offering clear guidelines on how to get it and even a functioning website :shock:

I did notice on the evening news many places had chosen just to open regardless ..until the covid police come knocking.

DM
Yep already been asked about Christmas lunch, all I can do is shrug my shoulders and say I don't know. I do have a plan forming of just making the normal Sunday lunch but having it on Saturday the 25th. But that only works if we don't get fully locked down if covid flares up again
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » November 13, 2021, 7:00 am

As previously announced by our great leader ...... pretty much nailed on that the entertainment venues wont open up fully with alcohol until mid January 2022 thus another festive period and New year bites the dust.... clubs bars etc were always gonna be the last type of bizz to open up and for once i agree with the government on this .. keeping restrictions past the New year isnt a bad idea as hopefully will stop any new outbreak and after so many months does it really matter to wait another month or 2 ?? ..im guessing many will still travel home but less than normal.

By the time booze places do open up i will have been teetotal for the best part of 2 years so might remain so and NEVER drink beer again !! ..

DM

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » November 13, 2021, 7:11 am

Anyone looking for a turkey ? i've got one about 7kg i think . butterball fully cooked 340b per kg cheapest around. :cry:

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » November 13, 2021, 7:20 am

on a more serious note .. sad to inform members there appears to be a SCONE shortage in Udon :( .. its a cruel world !!

DM

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » November 13, 2021, 8:24 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
November 13, 2021, 7:20 am
on a more serious note .. sad to inform members there appears to be a SCONE shortage in Udon :( .. its a cruel world !!

DM
but at least we have mince pies .

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » November 13, 2021, 11:55 am

On my last weekend in Lancs, my mate and his dad took me to Bury Market. As the Hairy Bikers would say, "Epic."

Bought the biggest, crumbliest fruit scones this side of the Arctic Circle. Demolished over the next few days with lashings of jam and great gobs of clotted cream. I also loaded up on cheeses, black puddings and white puddings for taking back to Oodon. Along with my Scottish Red Cross package of haggis, beef sausage, Lorne sausage, black puddings, bacon, tattie scones, more cheese, Finnish vodka and Christmas chocolates for the clan, my xs baggage, 52 kg total, only cost 40 quid to BKK and another 600 baht to UTH.
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » November 13, 2021, 11:56 am

Another notable Bury Market treat that may go well at Dean's is Gala Pie.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » November 13, 2021, 12:58 pm

Flat earth society will have to gate crash your place Tam

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » November 13, 2021, 2:48 pm

tamada wrote:
November 13, 2021, 11:55 am
On my last weekend in Lancs, my mate and his dad took me to Bury Market. As the Hairy Bikers would say, "Epic."

Bought the biggest, crumbliest fruit scones this side of the Arctic Circle. Demolished over the next few days with lashings of jam and great gobs of clotted cream. I also loaded up on cheeses, black puddings and white puddings for taking back to Oodon. Along with my Scottish Red Cross package of haggis, beef sausage, Lorne sausage, black puddings, bacon, tattie scones, more cheese, Finnish vodka and Christmas chocolates for the clan, my xs baggage, 52 kg total, only cost 40 quid to BKK and another 600 baht to UTH.
Did the same last time at home Tam. Basically chucked all my clothes and filled the suitcase with the same as you. It was only after I was back here in UT that I read that virtually everything apart from your vodka and chocolates are banned from being brought into Thailand. Just as well the customs guys are lazy bar stewards. :D
Will there be an open Jockanese day at your hoose? Just thinking about your waist line. :^o

AlexO
udonmap.com

Re: Thailand will re-open before 14 October 2021

Post by AlexO » November 13, 2021, 2:55 pm

pipoz4444 wrote:
September 30, 2021, 3:14 pm
Thanks Tam

Good news. I can now reschedule my Flight booking and possibly avoid having to book an AQS Hotel up front

Will just do the flight, at this time. \:D/ \:D/

pipoz4444
[/quote]

You still need to book and pay for one night in an ASQ hotel to wait on your entry test results. Not sure but this seems to be the requirement for the new entry permit.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » November 13, 2021, 6:45 pm

...oh aye, and rowies. Lots of them too
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » November 13, 2021, 7:22 pm

Rowies ....Boat race round at tams instead of the ThAMeS?

tamada
udonmap.com

Re: Thailand will re-open before Easter 2022

Post by tamada » January 7, 2022, 10:34 am

It looks like the "eateries that are similar to pubs and bars" or those with a kettle and a microwave are going to have to pull down the shutters again.

The eye-opener is "liquor premises will be considered" since Anutin suggests drinking alcohol "was a main factor of outbreaks."

BANGKOK, Jan 6 (TNA) – The Public Health Ministry raised its COVID-19 alert level to Level 4 and which the closure of the eateries that are similar to pubs and bars as well as liquor premises will be considered.

Announcing the level 4 COVID-19 alert, Deputy Prime Minister and Public Health Minister Anutin Charnvirakul said that the level 4 alert was likely to lead to restriction on alcohol consumption because it was a main factor of outbreaks.

He declined to answer if a lockdown measure would be necessary under the worst-case scenario and said that the Public Health Ministry imposed measures to protect people.

Mr Anutin said that the treatment of COVID-19 patients would depend mainly on home isolation (HI) and community isolation (CI) to keep hospital beds for critically ill patients.

He also said that the government extended the deadline for the arrival of the travelers who had earlier applied to the now-suspended Test & Go country entry scheme. The new deadline is on Jan 15 instead of Jan 10.

The visitors must have health insurance as required by the government. Officials earlier found that some visitors showed fake insurance documents or bought inadequate insurance coverage and some ill visitors refused to enter the treatment system of the government, Mr Anutin said. (TNA)

https://tna.mcot.net/english-news-856606
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » January 7, 2022, 10:38 am

twas all to easy to see this happening ...

Head of Chonburi MOPH has openly come out and said SOM NUM NAR to entertainment venue operators and blaming them for slipping through the restaurant registration net and not following the rules n regs thereafter ... hence they are to be closed down again.

Expect similar nationwide closures ..

DM

tamada
udonmap.com

Re: Thailand will re-open before Easter 2022

Post by tamada » January 7, 2022, 10:51 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
January 7, 2022, 10:38 am
twas all to easy to see this happening ...

Head of Chonburi MOPH has openly come out and said SOM NUM NAR to entertainment venue operators and blaming them for slipping through the restaurant registration net and not following the rules n regs thereafter ... hence they are to be closed down again.

Expect similar nationwide closures ..

DM
Two days ago, Pattaya's mayor was claiming there would be no lock downs.

https://thethaiger.com/news/pattaya/pat ... -chon-buri

I guess if you shutter the pubs and eateries, there will be no reason to go out carousing and no need to lock down. You just buy what you want to drink and eat and do it at home.

GRAB and FoodPanda will be swamped before the hospitals.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

Return to “COVID-19/Corona Virus”