Americans plead for vaccines as top US ....

tamada
udonmap.com

Re: Americans plead for vaccines as top US ....

Post by tamada » June 7, 2021, 7:28 am

trekkertony wrote:
June 5, 2021, 7:21 pm
Tamara, the resident Agony Aunt of Udonmap at her vitriolic worst. There are 3 types of people in this world, those who run towards danger to assist others in need, those who refuse to believe danger exists and those who look the other way. There is no doubt in my mind which category best describes Tamada.
You conveniently omitted to mention your own small "type" there tony, the clueless misanthrope.

Giggle
udonmap.com

Post by Giggle » June 7, 2021, 7:38 am

Kenr6583 wrote:
June 7, 2021, 2:50 am
whatever country a US expat is residing in, they need to be patient receiving their vaccination.
Even if that means getting behind the ENTIRE population of a foreign country which is being vaccinated by vaccines donated by the US -- a country to which the expat pays taxes AND monthly healthcare premiums to cover situations just like this?

You are delusional. :confused:

There is no option other than going through the circus of leaving this ----- by jumping through the myriad hoops and getting the vaccination somewhere else. Despite what lyin' JoeBama says, the US effort is aimed toward saving foreigners from covid, not Americans.

I can't wait for the day that scumbag is lying in a box in the Capitol Rotunda.
Ashli Babbitt -- SAY HER NAME!

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » June 7, 2021, 8:13 am

Giggle wrote:
June 7, 2021, 7:38 am
Kenr6583 wrote:
June 7, 2021, 2:50 am
whatever country a US expat is residing in, they need to be patient receiving their vaccination.
Even if that means getting behind the ENTIRE population of a foreign country which is being vaccinated by vaccines donated by the US -- a country to which the expat pays taxes AND monthly healthcare premiums to cover situations just like this?

You are delusional. :confused:

There is no option other than going through the circus of leaving this ----- by jumping through the myriad hoops and getting the vaccination somewhere else. Despite what lyin' JoeBama says, the US effort is aimed toward saving foreigners from covid, not Americans.

I can't wait for the day that scumbag is lying in a box in the Capitol Rotunda.
Nothing delusional. It clearly states on the US embassy website in Thailand that they DO NOT provide healthcare for US citizens. Tell me where it states that the taxes you pay and the premiums you pay to Medicare covers you while you are residing overseas?

Besides, why are you wanting the shot anyway? Isn't it a Democratic hoax? Or is it just something for you to b**** and complain about? You chose to live there, deal with it or go back to the United States.

Giggle
udonmap.com

Post by Giggle » June 7, 2021, 8:17 am

Medicare? You make some awfully silly assumptions.

And I include ALL US government entities in Thailand, not just State. Their president (he's not mine!) said he would vaccinate all Americans. He's an idiot.

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » June 7, 2021, 9:30 am

Giggle wrote:
June 7, 2021, 8:17 am
Medicare? You make some awfully silly assumptions.

And I include ALL US government entities in Thailand, not just State. Their president (he's not mine!) said he would vaccinate all Americans. He's an idiot.
If you are paying your health care premiums to the government, it is Medicare. If you are paying healthcare premiums to a provider, what does the US government have to do with providing you with anything? You will get vaccinated eventually, and if you were in the United States you could have already been vaccinated, but YOU made the decision to reside in another country.

But you really don't want the vaccination anyways, you're just a troll who needs something to cry about.

rct
udonmap.com

Post by rct » June 7, 2021, 9:42 am

I was at Bangkok Udon Hospital today (my provider) for another service. I asked about getting on the Covid vaccine list for foreigners. They don't have one yet, and didn't seem interested in putting my name on one to get it started.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » June 7, 2021, 9:51 am

Hah! The hubris of American exceptionalism laid bare. Rude claims of being the savior of the free world aside, what is fueling this bizarre and inappropriate sense of exclusivity and entitlement?

Giggle
udonmap.com

Post by Giggle » June 7, 2021, 10:16 am

America stopped being exceptional when a fraud hiding in his basement for nine months was installed as leader, forever soiling the notion of honest and open democratic rule.

Gee, that was easy. Now I can be the hater just like the idiots on this forum have been for the past four years. Only I'm not wearing ruffled girl's panties.

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » June 7, 2021, 2:23 pm

hey, why shouldn't those U.S. expats complain? The Biden administration is ensuring hundreds of millions of doses of COVID vaccine are shipped overseas to support the UN COVAX program. The U.S. Department of State shipped enough vaccine doses overseas to vaccinate all U.S. Embassy American employees and contractors, their families and all locally employed staff (but not the local staff families). China gave additional SINOVAC doses to the Thai government with the stipulation that their expats in Thailand get the jab from those supplies. As the expats sending that letter to Deputy Secretary of State Wendy Sherman stated, they pay U.S. taxes (most nations don't levy taxes on expats) so why shouldn't some system be set up to get them the jab or at the very least publicly and strongly encourage the Thai government to give expats the same priority in vaccination as Thais? Oh, by the way, I saw no mention in the article that DEPSEC Wendy Sherman even deigned to give 5 minutes of her time to the heads of the expat groups bringing her the letter.. I guess she's forgotten her Bureau of Consular Affairs Mission Statement: The Bureau of Consular Affairs (CA) is the public face of the Department of State for millions of people around the world. CA is responsible for the welfare and protection of U.S. citizens abroad, for the issuance of passports and other documentation to citizens and nationals, and for the protection of U.S. border security and the facilitation of legitimate travel to the United States.
Dave

fdimike
udonmap.com

Post by fdimike » June 7, 2021, 5:04 pm

RCT not sure who you spoke with but they had no question registering me as well as a friend of mine. I registered 2 different ways walked in and via the Udon Expat Club. However, it's a very fluid situation so things may have changed.
An ex-pat in the Land of Smile

fdimike
udonmap.com

Post by fdimike » June 7, 2021, 5:11 pm

Our Mission

Safety. Security. Service. Our highest priority is to protect the lives and interests of U.S. citizens overseas. We do this through routine and emergency services to U.S. citizens at our embassies and consulates around the world. We serve our fellow citizens during their most important moments – births, deaths, disasters, arrests, and medical emergencies. The Bureau of Consular Affairs formulates and implements policy relating to immigration and consular services and ensures responsive and efficient provision of consular services overseas.

Consular Affairs (CA) is the public face of the Department of State for millions of people around the world. CA is responsible for the welfare and protection of U.S. citizens abroad, for the issuance of passports and other documentation to citizens and nationals, and for the protection of U.S. border security and the facilitation of legitimate travel to the United States. CA also has a significant domestic presence, most notably the 29 U.S. Passport agencies and centers, 26 of which deal directly with the U.S. public. Responsibility for these functions is vested within the Department of State in the Assistant Secretary for Consular Affairs and for their implementation abroad in consular officers assigned to embassies and consulates abroad. CA is also the Department’s largest bureau in terms of domestic personnel and is almost entirely funded through revenue generated by consular fees.

It seems to me they're doing everything as advertised.
An ex-pat in the Land of Smile

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » June 7, 2021, 5:39 pm

tamada wrote:
June 7, 2021, 9:51 am
Hah! The hubris of American exceptionalism laid bare. Rude claims of being the savior of the free world aside, what is fueling this bizarre and inappropriate sense of exclusivity and entitlement?
Why would you contemplate spouting such nonsense Tam.
Why should USA citizens be made to feel like 2nd class aliens by their own Government. The logic behind giving a Citizen of the USA preferential treatment abroad while still giving aid to other nationals means USA Expats can travel back to their homeland with the minimum of bureaucratic nonsense seems fairly intelligent.
We as Brit Expats are used to being classed as less than illegal immigrants in the UK so we will never have a an even break. Can you just imagine an UK Ambassador posing for photo's with his national Expats rather than locals.
I still pay tax on my pensions, local council taxes on my house and 20% VAT on any expenditure in the UK for what???? To be ignored.?

Giggle
udonmap.com

Post by Giggle » June 7, 2021, 7:35 pm

fdimike wrote:
June 7, 2021, 5:11 pm
Our Mission
Safety. Security. Service. Our highest priority is to protect the lives and interests of U.S. citizens overseas.
$30 million for Thailand. Jack Squat for Americans stuck in Thailand. Also in the news today ...
China faces nationalist anger over US military plane in Taiwan

7 Jun 2021
BLOOMBERG NEWS

China’s muted reaction over a US military flight to Taiwan prompted criticism from nationalists online, underscoring the pressures on President Xi Jinping to follow through on heated “red line” rhetoric.

The US Air Force C-17 cargo plane made a three-hour stopover in Taipei on Sunday to carry a bipartisan congressional delegation visiting Taiwan. Three US senators -- Democrats Tammy Duckworth and Chris Coons and Republican Dan Sullivan -- met with Taiwanese President Tsai Ing-wen and announced plans to donate 750,000 Covid-19 vaccine doses to help alleviate its shortage of shots.
Taiwan feeling the love, too. Golly, this Biden fella is awfully generous. POS.

Giggle
udonmap.com

Post by Giggle » June 8, 2021, 10:14 am

By the way, that article did say a C-17 Air Force cargo plane making deliveries to Taipei. Hey! Here it is:

A US Air Force C-17 Globemaster III carrying US Senators Tammy Duckworth (D-IL), Dan Sullivan (R-AK) and Chris Coons (D-DE) arrives at Taipei Songshan Airport in Taipei, Taiwan on Sunday. (Reuters photo)

https://www.bangkokpost.com/world/21282 ... -in-taiwan

So ... the US military CAN be mustered to make life-saving covid vaccination deliveries :shock: to points all over the globe -- just not to the people who paid for it, and who will be at the very end of the queue to receive a third rate Chinese rip-off copy months or years too late.

This is the new US government. Disgraceful. I hope that racist Duckworth is getting her diversity boots filled in Taipei. Her ignominy and disrepute degrade the plane upon which she flies.

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » June 8, 2021, 7:53 pm

One down, 159+ countries to go.

Declan MacPherson
udonmap.com

Post by Declan MacPherson » June 11, 2021, 7:42 am

https://nationalfile.com/america-last-b ... countries/
AMERICA LAST: Biden Dumped Trump’s Cheap Insulin Program On Same Day He Promised 500 MILLION Vaccines For Other Countries

America last . thanks Joe
"Put on the whole armor of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil." - Ephesians 6:11

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » June 11, 2021, 8:10 am

LOL. You should fact check before providing a link that provides false/misleading nformation concerning insulin and epinephrine. But I know you are not concerned with the truth.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » June 11, 2021, 8:35 am

On the eve of the G7 party in Cornwall, the British Prime Minister has pledged 100 million vaccine shots for the Third World.

As of a few minutes ago, no retired British expatriates have been reported gurning about their government not caring about them and seeking SAS/SBS teams do HALO drops to remote sites in Thailand to administer Covid vaccine to their diaspora.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » June 11, 2021, 9:17 am

tamada wrote:
June 11, 2021, 8:35 am
On the eve of the G7 party in Cornwall, the British Prime Minister has pledged 100 million vaccine shots for the Third World.

As of a few minutes ago, no retired British expatriates have been reported gurning about their government not caring about them and seeking SAS/SBS teams do HALO drops to remote sites in Thailand to administer Covid vaccine to their diaspora.
Meanwhile in Bangkok Udon hospital .. local Brit expat Jammy Mctavish from Aberdeen has just been asked to pay up front and wait 4 months for a vaccine that should be free

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » June 11, 2021, 9:20 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
June 11, 2021, 9:17 am

A local Brit expat has just been asked to pay up front and wait 4 months for a vaccine that should be free
Oh! ...... the ultimate insult.

Time to lawyer up, Dero. :D

Return to “COVID-19/Corona Virus”