RT-PCR Testing In Udorn?

mak
udonmap.com

Re: RT-PCR Testing In Udorn?

Post by mak » May 30, 2021, 5:26 pm

Is the PCR test all you need for Fit to Fly?

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 30, 2021, 8:53 pm

mak wrote:
May 30, 2021, 5:26 pm
Is the PCR test all you need for Fit to Fly?
I was nose and throat swabbed at 8 a.m.

I received two documents at 6.48 p.m.

1. The laboratory report with where, date and time, name, passport number, test type and result, etc.

2. A medical certificate that says I was tested, results -ve and specifically stating "fit-to-fly".

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » May 30, 2021, 8:59 pm

I note you were swabbed in your right nostril - was that to keep DM happy? :D

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 31, 2021, 7:40 am

jackspratt wrote:
May 30, 2021, 8:59 pm
I note you were swabbed in your right nostril - was that to keep DM happy? :D
Tam ..please allow me to interject and answer Jack

I would suggest being sat in the truck the right nostril was the nearest and easiest for the nurse to penetrate ?? ..

The SMA confirm that studies showed right nostril is the more powerful and less woke of the nostrils and offers a better reading not only on covid but life and political choices as well.

Please you were negative Tam ..when do you leave ???

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Stantheman
udonmap.com

Post by Stantheman » May 31, 2021, 8:00 am

Be careful DM, using the words Nurse and Penetrate in the same sentence might get a rise out of someone mentioned

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 31, 2021, 8:50 am

It was my left nostril actually. You know the hair-on-fire, Guardian snorting, liberal lefty bastard. I had a suspicion that my right one might make up a fake +ve and dob me in so I offered the only one I could really trust.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 31, 2021, 8:58 am

tamada wrote:
May 30, 2021, 11:23 am
"Gone in 36 seconds" ...or Drive-thru PCR testing at Bangkok Hospital Udon Thani.

See attached 'how-to' that includes the QR code to pay direct Thai bank to Thai bank via your smartphone app or via credit card. The credit card charge form says send by fax or email to another number/email but just include it with your "passport, contact number , address, information of the flight, appointment date and time, Car license plate number to email : [email protected] for pre-registration process" and it's all done same-day or overnight. I sent my email booking/payment at 8 p.m. and got the appointment and payment confirmation the next morning.

My appointment was at "08:00 - 10:00" and I pulled in just after 8 on the short ramp out front with the blue tent and big 'PCR test" sign with instructions in Thai and English.

Covid-19 - drive thru location .jpg

About 5 minutes later a nurse came out from ER and asked my name, confirmed it was tam and he said 'OK, 5 minutes'. Five minutes later, a nurse in full hazmat came around from ER, went into the tent and prepared the swab kit. When he walked around the front of the truck, I killed the engine, opened the window, dropped the mask and he swabbed my right nostril and back of my throat and confirmed results would be ready later today via email.

Then I drove away.

BHU_Drive-Thru COVID19 Test.pdf
Tam .. seems there was a change of nostril during the night ??? ...

apologies Jack i needed to use lager coloured text to highlight my point.. hope thats ok

I will miss your forum presence , the long words and ""humour"" but at least my Yorkshire puddings are saferer ...

SO remind us ..when are you leaving ?? .. T MINUS 72 hrs and counting

DM

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » May 31, 2021, 9:35 am

Lager coloured text would be more like this, would it not?

🍺

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » June 1, 2021, 7:29 am

BREAKING NEWS (just for you Jack) ...Tamada has left the building ...

A very tearful Tam sent me a quick message from the airport to say he was leaving Udon ... through his tears and blubbering he said he would miss me and my excellent postings on UM .. in the background i could hear the Vera Lyn classic "' WE'LL MEET AGAIN"" ... our final farewells were ended as the airport put out the last call for his flight to Bkk but just enough for him to concede defeat to Niggly as the number one UM poster at the same time use some really long words that no one understands as he does on the forum daily..

Keep safe wee Jammy Tammy... dern tan bort pai

DM

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » June 1, 2021, 7:43 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
June 1, 2021, 7:29 am

A very tearful Tam sent me a quick message from the airport to say he was leaving Udon ... through his tears and blubbering he said he would miss me and my excellent postings on UM .. in the background i could hear the Vera Lyn classic "' WE'LL MEET AGAIN"" ... our final farewells were ended as the airport put out the last call for his flight to Bkk but just enough for him to concede defeat to Niggly as the number one UM poster at the same time use some really long words that no one understands as he does on the forum daily..

Keep safe wee Jammy Tammy... dein tang plortphai เดินทางปลอดภัย

DM

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » June 1, 2021, 9:55 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
June 1, 2021, 7:29 am

Keep safe wee Jammy Tammy... dern tan bort pai

DM
Is that what the party was for I saw down Nong Bua way? All the females seemed to be ceremonially burning their long, drab, coveralls they’d been forced to wear for so long in his presence
Age & treachery will always triumph over youth & ability

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » June 1, 2021, 11:33 am

Mrs tam's nieces, yes BOTH of them, took a day off work to wish their beloved Uncle Pervy safe travels and, more importantly, a speedy return. It was very touching to see them both still in their thin, rumpled slumberwear (gotta love this hot spell, eh?) out on the front porch, each clutching a Kleenex. I have to say that it made my leaving all the more hard.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » June 1, 2021, 11:50 am

Im sure Puffy and Peaches will miss Uncle Tammy and his early morning sweaty , squinting boxer short fumblings

btw how things going with the fit to fly docs ..all OK ? ... no chance yer gonna get knocked back and have to return prematurely ?? im hearing theres a big party at casa Tams taneet.

DM

rick
udonmap.com

Post by rick » July 6, 2021, 2:10 pm

Arranged a PCR test at Bangkok hospital yesterday - for flight to the UK. Did in person because do not have QR codes or a scanner to upload a payment form. Took about 15 minutes in all, very quiet (only about 20 people in the whole reception area, mainly staff). Paid at counter with credit card, have appointment slip. So if you do not want to do the online booking and live nearby, easy to do.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » July 6, 2021, 4:15 pm

Happy swabbing at the drive-thru.

rick
udonmap.com

Post by rick » July 7, 2021, 1:33 am

Now i just hope that i can find another flight out of udon .....

ajarnudon
udonmap.com

Post by ajarnudon » November 10, 2021, 8:35 pm

This thread has been dormant for quite a while, but.. I teach in a very large private school in BKK (normally, been doing it online from home in Udon for more than six months now) but that's all about to change. Our high school students have all been vaccinated, as have I, and senior high school (grades 10-12) resumes face to face classes next Monday 15/11. Those students and their teachers are all required to attend school this Friday for a RT-PCR test administered by the school nurse. I won't be there though - one of the very few teachers whose permanent home isn't in BKK - and I have already booked and paid for a returning flight on Sunday. My clear path was to pay for a test and certificate locally. My wife and I have an affinity with AEK Udon Hospital - Khun Banjert owned the house we rented for ten years before moving into the house I have been building. So I asked the missus to call AEK Udon - price for a test and certicate is THB 4,000. That seemed excessive, so next call was to her neice who is a senior nurse at our local government hospital (Ban Phue). Testing for suspected Covid cases is free, but for those like me is available Mon-Fri 1 pm-3 pm and costs THB 400, plus THB 100 for the certificate. Guess where I will be this Friday afternoon?

neeemu
udonmap.com

Post by neeemu » November 10, 2021, 9:15 pm

That's useful to know, when my wife returns to the UK I had thought she needed a RT-PCR test and told her to go to AEK Udon for this.
I've since seen that those fully vaccinated don't actually need to test until they return to the UK but if that changes, as most rules around covid can do at the drop of a hat, I'll send her to a local government hospital. Thanks!

rick
udonmap.com

Post by rick » November 12, 2021, 12:06 am

At 400 baht, may just be a lateral flow test.

Stantheman
udonmap.com

Post by Stantheman » November 12, 2021, 2:04 am

Just a FYI, friend left from Swampy for U.S. about 4 weeks ago. Didn't know need for PCR test 72hrs prior. Was able to get one there, took about 2hrs. Do not know cost.

Return to “COVID-19/Corona Virus”