RT-PCR Testing In Udorn?

tamada
udonmap.com

Re: RT-PCR Testing In Udorn?

Post by tamada » December 8, 2021, 11:31 am

ajarnudon wrote:
November 10, 2021, 8:35 pm
This thread has been dormant for quite a while, but.. I teach in a very large private school in BKK (normally, been doing it online from home in Udon for more than six months now) but that's all about to change. Our high school students have all been vaccinated, as have I, and senior high school (grades 10-12) resumes face to face classes next Monday 15/11. Those students and their teachers are all required to attend school this Friday for a RT-PCR test administered by the school nurse. I won't be there though - one of the very few teachers whose permanent home isn't in BKK - and I have already booked and paid for a returning flight on Sunday. My clear path was to pay for a test and certificate locally. My wife and I have an affinity with AEK Udon Hospital - Khun Banjert owned the house we rented for ten years before moving into the house I have been building. So I asked the missus to call AEK Udon - price for a test and certicate is THB 4,000. That seemed excessive, so next call was to her neice who is a senior nurse at our local government hospital (Ban Phue). Testing for suspected Covid cases is free, but for those like me is available Mon-Fri 1 pm-3 pm and costs THB 400, plus THB 100 for the certificate. Guess where I will be this Friday afternoon?
Is that test certificate confirmed as being acceptable for international travel? For example, in the UK, the routine PCR test for domestic screening that is provided free by the NHS is not accepted for international travel. One has to go to a private provider for the one that allows one to leave the country. It's the same when someone returns to the UK where the free NHS PCR tests aren't acceptable for the test required 2-days after one arrives in the country

'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

ajarnudon
udonmap.com

Post by ajarnudon » December 8, 2021, 10:42 pm

Don't know Tam. I don't anticipate going overseas any time soon (or later). This is to fulfill a Ministry of Health requirement to get me thru the school gate. I am now teaching onsite one week and online alternate weeks from home - same schedule for my students. Procedure is that we self-test (with a kit we can buy from school for 50 baht) and send a photo of the test result to a purpose-created Line group before returning for onsite classes. Students follow the same procedure. This is high school at the moment - not aware of what is happening with the younger ones.

ajsp9
udonmap.com

Post by ajsp9 » December 21, 2021, 10:06 pm

ajarnudon wrote:
December 8, 2021, 10:42 pm
Don't know Tam. I don't anticipate going overseas any time soon (or later). This is to fulfill a Ministry of Health requirement to get me thru the school gate. I am now teaching onsite one week and online alternate weeks from home - same schedule for my students. Procedure is that we self-test (with a kit we can buy from school for 50 baht) and send a photo of the test result to a purpose-created Line group before returning for onsite classes. Students follow the same procedure. This is high school at the moment - not aware of what is happening with the younger ones.
This is good info as we are back to UK in a few weeks time so it’s a massive saving of its compliant.

My wife did say that khon kaen do it for 3000 THB so cheaper than AEK Udon but as we are close to Ban Phue then that’s a distinct possibility if it works !

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » December 22, 2021, 8:05 am

Since it's the airline that does the document check before boarding, maybe best to ask them what's acceptable? There's no documentary check on arrival in the UK as it's the airline that guards the door.

Keep track on what period of test validity the UK will require. I think it was reduced from 72 hours before travel to 48 hours before travel? If I was traveling right now, i would get it done in transit thru Bangkok at MedConsult, just behind Sumitivej Hospital. I think they charge 3500 for the "instant" test. Looks like their website is down at the moment though.
Screenshot_20211222-080220~2.png
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

Stantheman
udonmap.com

Post by Stantheman » December 22, 2021, 8:39 am

A few months ago ex daughter-in-law got her PCR test at Swampy, took 2 hours for results. Was an approved test for U.S. entry and accepted by airline.

ajsp9
udonmap.com

Post by ajsp9 » December 22, 2021, 9:00 am

Stantheman wrote:
December 22, 2021, 8:39 am
A few months ago ex daughter-in-law got her PCR test at Swampy, took 2 hours for results. Was an approved test for U.S. entry and accepted by airline.
My 11 year old son had to do this to fly into phuket as he’s not double jabbed.cost 285thb instant test at the thai smile Covid testing on basement survanihbhum

Return to “COVID-19/Corona Virus”