papafarang wrote:
May 10, 2021, 9:42 pm
Giggle wrote:
May 10, 2021, 6:58 pm
fdimike wrote:
May 10, 2021, 3:53 pm
No such animal ...
Viruses are not animals.
Viruses occupy a special taxonomic position: they are not plants, animals, or prokaryotic bacteria (single-cell organisms without defined nuclei), and they are generally placed in their own kingdom. In fact, viruses should not even be considered organisms, in the strictest sense, because they are not free-living—i.e., they cannot reproduce and carry on metabolic processes without a host cell.
Flu and COVID-19 are both contagious respiratory illnesses caused by viruses. Wuhan is the geographic origin, just like Ebola, Spanish Flu, West Nile Virus, Zika, etc.
But there is no covid in wuhan from what I can tell they haven't had any cases in nearly a year , there's the British covid, African covid,Brazilian covid . wuhan covid is virtually extinct . oh and Spanish flu didn't come from Spain, zika is the name of a Ugandan forrest as is west Nile virus a Ugandan virus , Ebola is not a place either. Your geography is rubbish and reasoning inept at best , the USA has the Kent covid or call it Brit covid if you like,they're all new strains.
Just how do you know PP. The Chinese are not really famous for divulging information that does not show them in the shiniest of lights. Still Chinese being found with Covid in the enforced quarantine camps/hotels so where is that coming from.
Because life has returned to normal , just during the Chinese new year 265,000,000 traveled around China . their factories are back up running full steam ,bars restaurants, cinema's ,raves . if covid was rampant in China none of this would be possible. The Chinese had trouble hiding a handful of cases , given the time span millions of Chinese would have died by now if they hadn't stopped it. I have not heard anything about enforced quarantine camps/hotels ,that's a new one for me .perhaps I should read a bit more western propaganda ?. Actually enforced quarantine is something that happens here in Thailand ,try going for a covid test and if your positive try walking out the hospital doors. Or Australia, what would happen to you there if you had the virus and refused to go into quarantine ?. The UK for instance took more than a year before they started to enforce quarantine with fines and even 10 years in prison . you can't blame the chinese for the utter failings of the western government , but pointing the finger has proved to be a great distraction for propaganda sponges.

Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

AlexO
udonmap.com

Re: covid cases udon

Post by AlexO » May 11, 2021, 9:45 am

I have not heard anything about enforced quarantine camps/hotels ,that's a new one for me .perhaps I should read a bit more western propaganda ?

I was talking about Thailand's enforced quarantine rules, my abject apologies for not making it clear enough. Does not get away from the fact that one of the 'imported cases' found in an ASQ facility last week was a mainland Chinese person.

tammakhun
udonmap.com

Post by tammakhun » May 11, 2021, 2:28 pm

Today is +5

399 total
325 recovered
72 active
2 deaths

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 11, 2021, 3:20 pm

AlexO wrote:
May 11, 2021, 9:45 am
I have not heard anything about enforced quarantine camps/hotels ,that's a new one for me .perhaps I should read a bit more western propaganda ?

I was talking about Thailand's enforced quarantine rules, my abject apologies for not making it clear enough. Does not get away from the fact that one of the 'imported cases' found in an ASQ facility last week was a mainland Chinese person.
Only one out of how many?

I bet it was just the old Wuflu strain he had as well. Not this new fangled 'Kent' variant or India's record-setting 'double-variant' variant.

Take one Beechams Powders and off to bed early.

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » May 11, 2021, 8:14 pm

tamada wrote:
May 11, 2021, 3:20 pm
AlexO wrote:

I bet it was just the old Wuflu strain he had as well. Not this new fangled 'Kent' variant or India's record-setting 'double-variant' variant.

Last week Tam, how many before. Still done understand why the Thais re-extended the ASQ quarantine period back to 14 days even if you are vaccinated the numbers found in ASQ's have been dropping dramatically and is mainly Thai's who are not tested before flying back.

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » May 11, 2021, 8:21 pm

Because life has returned to normal , just during the Chinese new year 265,000,000 traveled around China .

The number of people who traveled during the 7-day long holiday of the Chinese New Year fell by 57.9% compared to 2020 amid the new coronavirus outbreaks reported in China in the first weeks of the year, already under control according to the latest official figures.

This preliminary figure, published by the Ministry of Transport, is of a total of 97.7 million trips, of which 68.8% were by road and 24.5% by rail, well above travel by ship or plane data.

Just slight difference in figures PP but still a lot of people travelling.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 12, 2021, 9:48 am

AlexO wrote:
May 11, 2021, 8:14 pm
tamada wrote:
May 11, 2021, 3:20 pm
AlexO wrote:

Last week Tam, how many before. Still done understand why the Thais re-extended the ASQ quarantine period back to 14 days even if you are vaccinated the numbers found in ASQ's have been dropping dramatically and is mainly Thai's who are not tested before flying back.
Maybe due to to the strong likelihood that some new, inbound infections could be the Indian 'double variant'? There's been no statement from any manufacturer or state health agency that has opined on how the current suite of vaccines perform against this new strain. That and not having anywhere near enough vaccines in-country OR on order to meet their slow rollout of vaccinations. This current surge from domestic idiocy has already stretched their health resources.

Vietnam just increased their mandatory quarantine to 21-days, all in state facilities. Not comfy.

Malaysia just went into lockdown until 7th June. The Indian variant was confirmed in a passenger arriving from India who tested +ve a couple of days before they called for the Indian flight ban.

Previously, Malaysia mandated a 14-day period at sea before allowing vessels originating in India to enter port. This is likely to be changed to a blanket suspension soon if not already done.

Fujairah (UAE) and Malé (Maldives) have closed their ports to all vessels originating from Indian ports.

In local news, the guesthouse about 175 meters from my home has reportedly/allegedly had either a guest, a guest's visitor (or both) recently test +ve.

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » May 12, 2021, 9:53 am

Tam
Where would this Guest House be?

tammakhun
udonmap.com

Post by tammakhun » May 12, 2021, 2:08 pm

Today is +3

402 total
329 recovered
71 active
2 deaths

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » May 12, 2021, 2:10 pm

185211917_10158010635027050_9018961713131536686_n.jpg

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » May 12, 2021, 2:28 pm

TAM

Come on where is this Guest House? I am sure the Readers would like to know where it is just incase it is located near to where they reside.
Share the news

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 12, 2021, 2:34 pm

tamada wrote:
May 12, 2021, 9:48 am
In local news, the guesthouse about 175 meters from my home has reportedly/allegedly had either a guest, a guest's visitor (or both) recently test +ve.
A slight correction. It wasn't a guest house but a small Thai apartment block. So it would be either a resident, a resident's visitor (or both) that ALLEGEDLY recently tested positive.

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » May 12, 2021, 4:18 pm

You still havent given location That is what was asked or a link to the article so the Readers can be informed
By the way
Both apartments and guesthouses have residents

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 12, 2021, 5:05 pm

^ Big difference. A guest house will typically have short-term residents and overnighters. Apartments tend to host longer-term residents.

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » May 12, 2021, 5:12 pm

Still dodging the question Where in the city or where in the province ot link to the article

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » May 12, 2021, 7:44 pm

I guess we will never find out location of this so called Guesthouse/Apartment and what actions were taken if any.

Hope we dont get to read reports on such goings on in the future unless information is confirmed and not alledged (it stops from rumors starting)

marcus1
udonmap.com

Post by marcus1 » May 12, 2021, 8:30 pm

Yes...I would like to know to...
Has gone very quiet as regards answering your question Doodoo.
All mouth and no answers..
Come...Answer Doodoo's question...WHERE..????
YKICAMOOCOW

dunroaming
udonmap.com

Post by dunroaming » May 12, 2021, 8:57 pm

marcus1 wrote:
May 12, 2021, 8:30 pm
Yes...I would like to know to...
Has gone very quiet as regards answering your question Doodoo.
All mouth and no answers..
Come...Answer Doodoo's question...WHERE..????
He already answered the question 175 meters from his house

marcus1
udonmap.com

Post by marcus1 » May 12, 2021, 9:00 pm

What a stupid answer...
Are you brain dead to..???
We would all like to know the location.
YKICAMOOCOW

rick
udonmap.com

Post by rick » May 12, 2021, 9:10 pm

Ok we are going to play guessing games .... I suggest wat Ban Nong Bu. Case near there according to wife in Apartment block. Complication - she has a farang partner without a valid visa the gossip says.

Return to “COVID-19/Corona Virus”