parrot
udonmap.com

Re: covid cases udon

Post by parrot » April 25, 2021, 5:38 pm

mak wrote:
April 25, 2021, 3:16 pm
Whistler wrote:
April 25, 2021, 1:08 pm
A 24 year old died in Nong Wau So, not sure if it was connected with the hospital scare a few days ago
A Ban Chiang Hotel employee from NWS died of Covid yesterday.
As I read the report (not very well), the man had an underlying problem with swollen lymph nodes in his groin for the past 2 years.....untreated. The report said he worked in the hotel restaurant. After socializing with friends from Samut Prakan over Songkran, he became ill....numbness and swelling in the left groin, diarrhea, vomiting, fever. He went to the hospital in NWS and was sent to Udon hospital for further treatment where he died. Doctors said his cause of death was due to a spread of infection from his leg to his arm (doctors were going to amputate an arm due to spread of the infection) and not directly the result of Covid.
https://www.naewna.com/local/568437

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » April 25, 2021, 6:29 pm

Thanks for posting that article on the NWS fellow, Mak!

samuel
udonmap.com

Post by samuel » April 25, 2021, 6:40 pm

AlexO wrote:
April 25, 2021, 4:11 pm
I hear what you say Sam but (….) It just seems so bloody pointless to enforce wearing a mask in a private vehicle.
i hear you too AlexO but tell this to the officer in charge that wants to fine you.
you'll most likely not get a full round of applause from him.
not the kind of this here =D> =D> =D>
so anyway - do whatever you think is right for you here in UTH.
i prefer to fly below the radar.
stay save and covid-19 free.
cheers

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Post by Bandung_Dero » April 25, 2021, 6:58 pm

Barney wrote:
April 25, 2021, 5:23 pm
Check Roojai for Covid insurance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Just renewed for my 2nd year.
Looks very good on paper BUT the proof will be in the pudding:-
Lets hope I don't have to test it.
Sent from my 1977 Apple II using 2 Heinz bake bean cans and piano wire!

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » April 26, 2021, 7:37 am

AlexO wrote:
April 25, 2021, 4:11 pm
samuel wrote:
April 24, 2021, 12:20 pm
Drunk Monkey wrote:
April 24, 2021, 11:29 am
2k 4k or 20k .. its so easy to wear a mask only an idiot would get caught outdoors without one.
=D> =D> =D>
and to those who are still doubting about masks - here i stand and say:
even without fines - it's simply lifesaving!
imagine you not wearing a mask, catching the virus anywhere at anytime and from anybody, bringing it home not knowing you're infected, infecting your wf/gf, your children, they get very sick, they die …. want me to write on?
RESPONSABILITY is urgently needed now.
if you love your family and friends then wear that ****** mask all the time.
i'm fed up with all these discussions about inside car wear or not to wear etc. etc. etc.
use your brain - be a role model!
got it?
sam over
[-X
I hear what you say Sam but its a sensible question. Why should I or my wife (the lady I sleep beside each night, without wearing a mask) have to wear a mask when we get into our private vehicle and travel somewhere. We faithfully don masks before leaving the car and mingling with the public. It just seems so bloody pointless to enforce wearing a mask in a private vehicle.
Totally agree with you Alex . I had the same conversation in a restaurant when it kicked off a year ago , when they insisted we have a screen between me and the wife , who got out of the same bed and travelled in the same car to get there .
To be honest i think a lot of these new restrictions , although obviously help the spread , are just knee jerk reactions by the Government , to show the masses they are doing something , whilst all the time they have very little vaccines , i guess because of cost .

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » April 26, 2021, 10:11 am

Just a bit of follow up on the fellow from NWS who died a few days ago. He was apparently a patient at Srinakarin Hospital in Khonkaen.......but hadn't been seen in 2 years for treatment.

anefarious1
udonmap.com

Post by anefarious1 » April 26, 2021, 12:14 pm

Bandung_Dero wrote:
April 25, 2021, 6:58 pm
Barney wrote:
April 25, 2021, 5:23 pm
Check Roojai for Covid insurance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Just renewed for my 2nd year.
Looks very good on paper BUT the proof will be in the pudding:-
Lets hope I don't have to test it.
These insurance companies love selling these policies and for good reason. They clearly state, "The Policy does not cover any losses or damages resulting from pre-existing conditions." Sadly it is folks who really do require Covid-19 insurance that will not be covered when the times comes. It's cheap is because healthy people (ie. the only people who the plan actually covers) are very unlikely to need this type of coverage. I would not even be surprised if being 20 kilograms overweight disqualifies you.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » April 26, 2021, 12:27 pm

Are saying healthy people cannot get Covid? I know of one case in Udon where a very healthy guy got it. Around 350,000 bhat later he recovered.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

anefarious1
udonmap.com

Post by anefarious1 » April 26, 2021, 12:43 pm

Whistler wrote:
April 26, 2021, 12:27 pm
Are saying healthy people cannot get Covid? I know of one case in Udon where a very healthy guy got it. Around 350,000 bhat later he recovered.
Not saying that at all. The data tells us that this particular wave is infecting the 20-29 cohort to a high degree. Do some of them get sick and require an extended hospital stay? Absolutely. But insurance companies price their products based on statistics and probabilities and also word their policies very carefully.

I am actually interested in getting a COVID-19 policy but I'm a bit skeptical. Roojia's website touches on what they call "prohibited conditions" but doesn't elaborate other than to say "We might check previous medical history records." Anyone know what the prohibited conditions are?

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 26, 2021, 12:58 pm

anefarious1 wrote:
April 26, 2021, 12:43 pm
Whistler wrote:
April 26, 2021, 12:27 pm
Not saying that at all. The data tells us that this particular wave is infecting the 20-29 cohort to a high degree. Do some of them get sick and require an extended hospital stay? Absolutely. But insurance companies price their products based on statistics and probabilities and also word their policies very carefully.

I am actually interested in getting a COVID-19 policy but I'm a bit skeptical. Roojia's website touches on what they call "prohibited conditions" but doesn't elaborate other than to say "We might check previous medical history records." Anyone know what the prohibited conditions are?
Already having a pulse?

Bad taste jokes aside, you are right about the tightrope insurers walk in providing something that doesn't take THEM to THEIR bank.

Bandung Dero's on his second rodeo with roojai so maybe he can share the ins-and-outs?

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Post by Bandung_Dero » April 26, 2021, 1:41 pm

tamada wrote:
April 26, 2021, 12:58 pm
<snip>
Bandung Dero's on his second rodeo with roojai so maybe he can share the ins-and-outs?
The policy is written in Thai, about 12 pages. I'm guessing it's a longwinded version of their web site details.
Check out this site:-
https://www.roojai.com/en/covid/

I've taken the 850 Baht option, it was discounted 20% for the renewal.

There may be better policies available now, this type of insurance was just introduced when I took it.

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » April 26, 2021, 4:03 pm

Out this morning to begin the booze emergency rations build up for the coming Lockdown/Booze ban. Less than 5% of people in our village wearing masks. In Nong Mek (they have a traffic cop shop there) maybe 10/15% wearing masks properly. Nearest big BIB station is in Nong Han so they are maybe out supplementing their salaries there before hitting the outlying areas. Too much money for them to just ignore.

anefarious1
udonmap.com

Post by anefarious1 » April 26, 2021, 5:37 pm

Bandung_Dero wrote:
April 26, 2021, 1:41 pm
tamada wrote:
April 26, 2021, 12:58 pm
<snip>
The policy is written in Thai, about 12 pages. I'm guessing it's a longwinded version of their web site details.
Check out this site:-
https://www.roojai.com/en/covid/

I've taken the 850 Baht option, it was discounted 20% for the renewal.

There may be better policies available now, this type of insurance was just introduced when I took it.
#5 in their Terms and Conditions:

"You should always study the details of coverage and conditions before deciding to buy insurance."

That's good advice but I don't read Thai and my wife isn't going to translate the details to my liking.

And "What is NOT covered" is "Pre-existing condition" whatever that means exactly.

I will pass.

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Post by Bandung_Dero » April 26, 2021, 5:41 pm

I guess it's a play on words. Get a Covid positive test then it becomes "pre existing", you have it for x number of days - 5555

I'll let you know if and when I try to make a claim. Not costing much to find out.

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » April 26, 2021, 6:26 pm

"And "What is NOT covered" is "Pre-existing condition" whatever that means exactly."

I would imagine that the young fellow from Nongwahsaw (worked at Ban Chiang Hotel) who recently died qualified for the pre-existing condition clause.
Roojai's website has an English contact center number. Why not give them a call and see what they say?

Giggle
udonmap.com

Post by Giggle » April 26, 2021, 7:36 pm

parrot wrote:
April 26, 2021, 6:26 pm
... qualified for the pre-existing condition clause.
English contact center ... see what they say?
They would likely say he'd have been disqualified under the pre-existing conditions clause.
Ashli Babbitt -- SAY HER NAME!

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Post by Bandung_Dero » April 27, 2021, 10:02 am

Please, can we get back on topic? How about you guys who follow facebook keep us posted with updates on Udon's situation, haven't had one since the 24th. Thank you.

Had another one (now 3) in Ban Dung yesterday, woman in a village on the Phen Road, she was from Bangkok.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » April 27, 2021, 10:08 am

Exactly always going off topic and then complaining about others. For those that read Thai or have a translation , ongoing updates would be helpful to us all !

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » April 27, 2021, 11:07 am

Bandung_Dero wrote:
April 27, 2021, 10:02 am
Please, can we get back on topic? How about you guys who follow facebook keep us posted with updates on Udon's situation, haven't had one since the 24th. Thank you.

Had another one (now 3) in Ban Dung yesterday, woman in a village on the Phen Road, she was from Bangkok.
I believe the figure for Udon stood at 339 yesterday with 19 new cases BD.
Just when I thought our chance had passed,you go and save the best for last.

Return to “COVID-19/Corona Virus”