samster wrote:
July 26, 2021, 1:39 pm
Drunk Monkey wrote:
July 26, 2021, 1:23 pm
samster wrote:
July 26, 2021, 1:14 pm
Drunk Monkey wrote:
July 26, 2021, 12:20 pm
a small price to pay to get home and out of Bkk as although not locked in the hotel everything is closed and dangerous to venture out even to a 7-11.

DM
Why dangerous DM? I'm thinking of coming back in next couple of months and weighing up BKK v Sandbox.
My brother commented the SQH was efficient and excellent but once the 14 days was up the place he was moved to wasnt that great in his words venturing out was risky hence having all the correct docs he decided to do the road trip route .. i presume by dangerous he means getting infected in Bkk.
Ahh gotcha.

Not wanting to talk down the risk but, given that the streets are emptier than normal and, the numbers are comparatively low, that shouldn't be an issue. As he's vaccinated, the risk of getting a bad dose will be low but, a positive test would obviously affect his travel.

When you said dangerous, I had visions of a post apocalyptic BKK with hordes of unkempt, p**** up sub humans wandering the streets hell bent on rape and pillage. Actually Nana was always like that anyway so, scrub the thought.
You mean like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukWCpVUXs_E

only without the 7 - 11

Ive asked my brother to gimme an update how things go .

sorry wrong thread not Udon .. Nan province but will offer an update for anyone thinking about travelling from Bkk to the provinces

DM

Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

parrot
udonmap.com

Re: covid cases udon

Post by parrot » July 26, 2021, 2:55 pm

Today (26 July 2021) Udon Thani Provincial Public Health Office Report of the total number of COVID-19 cases in Udon Thani province. On July 25, 2021, 156 new cases were found, of which 11 were infected within the province and 145 were infected outside the province.
Details of new cases in each district
- Mueang Udon Thani, 17 cases
- Sri That District 17 cases
- Ban Dung District 16 cases
- Ban Phue District 14 cases
- Kumphawapi District 14 cases
- Non Sa-at District, 13 cases
- Chai Wan District 13 cases
- Phen District, 12 cases
- Nong Han District 9 cases
- Nong Saeng District, 7 cases
- Thung Fon District, 6 cases
- 4 people in Kutjab District
- Wang Sam Mo District, 4 cases
- Nam Som District 2 cases
- Prachaksinlapakhom District 2
- A. Kukaew 2 cases
- A. Sangcom 2 persons
- Nong Wua So District 2 cases

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » July 26, 2021, 6:09 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
ONLY MY OPINION Im of the thinking there are some ..lets say...""more resourceful (selfish) "" locals and expats out there that will find away out of Bkk and back to their home villages n provinces bypassing the checks and quarantine thinking they arent carrying the virus then after a few days back and still seemingly ok drop back into everyday life long before the virus has had chance to fully show itself..

DMs older brother has taken 25 days to get back .. leaving his home in Nottingham UK getting to Manchester to find his covid fit to fly would run out 4 hours before landing in Bkk so did another test which meant a 3 day delay .. finally flew n landed in Bkk and did 14 days in SQ hotel then moved to alternative hotel due to all domestic flights being cancelled .. with the earliest NOT CONFIRMED flight using Nok air being 2nd August which will more than likely be cancelled he decided to register for a inter provincial road travel QR code and hire a car with driver to do the 12 hr trip to Nan province ..he has had 2 AZ jabs with cert and has a house wife and kid hes not seen since Feb 2020.. armed with the QR code , house n marriage family docs its fingers crossed hoping he makes it .. maybe have to still do another quarantine once in Nan .. thats amongst the unknown.

Car n driver inc fuel all in quoted 11k Bkk to Nan ... a small price to pay to get home and out of Bkk as although not locked in the hotel everything is closed and dangerous to venture out even to a 7-11.

DM
Good to hear he's back at last DM. The private care or van to Udon would be my option if flights were still difficult on my return. WRT Nok Air's August routes to Udon, they will also be flying from U-Tapao so I may find the need to do some 'local decompression' after this deep dive I'm currently on, and before returning to FOB.

The cabs in Malaysia are all QR-coded so you scan and ride with their track and trace app. You can also get fancy ASQ rides with a plastic partition between the front seats and the back. My agent booked one when I had to travel from my luxurious but empty beach side golf resort ASQ to the nearest town to get PCR tested.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » July 26, 2021, 6:21 pm

Quieter streets, emptier 7 elevens and being double-jabbed means absolutely nothing. Regardless of there being less chance of bumping into them, 90% of the people you will share space with remain unjabbed. Being 100% topped-up with AZ or Pfizer doesn't stop you 100% from spreading it either.

Gawd how I miss those wonderful Nana 'rape and pillage' weekends or the more genteel 'hunt for c*nt' forays down Cowboy.

This off-topic and non-PC reverie brought to you by...

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » July 26, 2021, 6:22 pm

samster wrote:
Drunk Monkey wrote:
samster wrote:
Drunk Monkey wrote:
a small price to pay to get home and out of Bkk as although not locked in the hotel everything is closed and dangerous to venture out even to a 7-11.

DM
Why dangerous DM? I'm thinking of coming back in next couple of months and weighing up BKK v Sandbox.
My brother commented the SQH was efficient and excellent but once the 14 days was up the place he was moved to wasnt that great in his words venturing out was risky hence having all the correct docs he decided to do the road trip route .. i presume by dangerous he means getting infected in Bkk.
Ahh gotcha.

Not wanting to talk down the risk but, given that the streets are emptier than normal and, the numbers are comparatively low, that shouldn't be an issue. As he's vaccinated, the risk of getting a bad dose will be low but, a positive test would obviously affect his travel.

When you said dangerous, I had visions of a post apocalyptic BKK with hordes of unkempt, p**** up sub humans wandering the streets hell bent on rape and pillage. Actually Nana was always like that anyway so, scrub the thought.
Quieter streets, emptier 7 elevens and being double-jabbed means absolutely nothing. Regardless of there being less chance of bumping into them, 90% of the people you will share space with remain unjabbed. Being 100% topped-up with AZ or Pfizer doesn't stop you 100% from spreading it either.

Gawd how I miss those wonderful Nana 'rape and pillage' weekends or the more genteel 'hunt for c*nt' forays down Cowboy.

newtovillagelife
udonmap.com

Post by newtovillagelife » July 26, 2021, 7:36 pm

tamada wrote:
July 26, 2021, 6:22 pm
samster wrote:
Drunk Monkey wrote:
samster wrote:
Drunk Monkey wrote:

DM
Ahh gotcha.

However, being vaccinated keeps you from being hospitalized and death.

Declan MacPherson
udonmap.com

Post by Declan MacPherson » July 26, 2021, 7:40 pm

newtovillagelife wrote:
July 26, 2021, 7:36 pm

That is misinformation. Worldwide, people have died as a direct result of the vaccine, and people have contracted covid and been hospitalized with the virus.
"Put on the whole armor of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil." - Ephesians 6:11

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » July 26, 2021, 7:52 pm

tamada wrote:
July 26, 2021, 6:21 pm

Just had a natter with mi brother and hes in the Salil Hotel Sukhumvit soi 11 .. all set for the road trip.tomorrow and he sure is happy to be on hopefully the last leg of the journey Tam .. suffice to say his wife knows hes coming but his kids dont so shoukd be a nice surprise after best part of 18 months away.
He commenred never seen Bkk like this .. no people on the streets no buses or cars only a few motorsais grab etc .. eirily quiet..

Hes gonna keep me posted on the 10 to 12 hr trip

Dm.
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » July 26, 2021, 8:19 pm

yes apparently 99.5% of hospitalizations from covid are unvaccinated . also reported AZ is as dangerous as taking asprin
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Post by semperfiguy » July 26, 2021, 8:48 pm

papafarang wrote:
July 26, 2021, 8:19 pm

yes apparently 99.5% of hospitalizations from covid are unvaccinated . also reported AZ is as dangerous as taking asprin
Papa, last week I saw a video of the UK Health Ministry giving a news conference during which he reported that 60% of all recent Covid deaths were people who were vaccinated. He later recanted and brought the figure down to 40% and then he resigned. It seems were getting two different stories, so I guess it boils down to "who do you want to believe". That video by the way has since disappeared off all media.
Colossians 2:8-10...See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, which are based on human tradition and the spiritual forces of the world rather than on Christ. For in HIM dwells all the fullness of the GODHEAD bodily; and you are complete in HIM, who is the head of all principality and power.

anefarious1
udonmap.com

Post by anefarious1 » July 26, 2021, 11:08 pm

semperfiguy wrote:
July 26, 2021, 8:48 pm
papafarang wrote:

Papa, last week I saw a video of the UK Health Ministry giving a news conference during which he reported that 60% of all recent Covid deaths were people who were vaccinated. He later recanted and brought the figure down to 40% and then he resigned. It seems were getting two different stories, so I guess it boils down to "who do you want to believe". That video by the way has since disappeared off all media.
So you misrepresented Sir Patrick John Thompson Vallance's own misrepresentation of the facts.

He was referring to hospital admissions, not deaths. He did correct himself, but it's too late as this type of thing is very useful for anti-vaxxers and other disseminators of misinformation.

And did he resign? I think not.

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-val ... d-12359317

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » July 27, 2021, 1:14 am

newtovillagelife wrote:
July 26, 2021, 7:36 pm
tamada wrote:
July 26, 2021, 6:22 pm
samster wrote:
Drunk Monkey wrote:
samster wrote:
Drunk Monkey wrote:

DM
Ahh gotcha.

You are reading too much into what being vaccinated means.

It's primary function is to reduce the severity of the infection if you catch it. It may reduce the symptoms and obviate the need for hospitalization but no way does it guarantee that hospitalization and/or death will be avoided.

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » July 27, 2021, 2:20 am

True Tam , I don't really see it as a vaccine ,more of a treatment or therapy especially since they started on about booster shots. Nothing medical is 100% ,but its better than nothing for sure
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » July 27, 2021, 2:30 am

semperfiguy wrote:
papafarang wrote:

Like most things on the internet ,I take it all with a pinch of salt. If I looked for it I'm sure I can find someone ,somewhere,saying something that makes no sense. Remember the idiot saying hydrogen peroxide injected into the blood might cure it. Truth is we just have to wait and see how it plays out in the next couple of years.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » July 27, 2021, 6:56 am

There is no doubt that receiving a Vaccine is far better than NOT being vaccinated, however here being vaccinated is hard work as the rules, availability etc, keeps changing .
As it has already been said, being vaccinated stops seriouis issues should you become ill with Covid, but IT DOES NOT STOP YOU CATCHING IT.

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » July 27, 2021, 10:00 am

Like most things on the internet ,I take it all with a pinch of salt. If I looked for it I'm sure I can find someone ,somewhere,saying something that makes no sense. Remember the idiot saying hydrogen peroxide injected into the blood might cure it. Truth is we just have to wait and see how it plays out in the next couple of years.
[/quote]

End up like coral "bleached"

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » July 27, 2021, 10:12 am

noosard wrote:
July 27, 2021, 10:00 am
End up like coral "bleached"
[/quote]

probably a conspiracy to keep murica white :lol:

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Post by semperfiguy » July 27, 2021, 10:17 am

anefarious1 wrote:
July 26, 2021, 11:08 pm
semperfiguy wrote:
papafarang wrote:

So you misrepresented Sir Patrick John Thompson Vallance's own misrepresentation of the facts.

He was referring to hospital admissions, not deaths. He did correct himself, but it's too late as this type of thing is very useful for anti-vaxxers and other disseminators of misinformation.

So, given that Vallance did have a slip of the tongue, which I don't believe for one minute, by his own admission 60% of all hospitalizations from Covid are unvaccinated people, so logically 40% are vaccinated people. That's one heck of a lot of people if one believes the lie that the vaccines will prevent most people from being hospitalized. Joe Biden says that 97% of Covid hospitalizations in the US are unvaccinated. How does one account for that disparity? Not everyone who questions the science and doubts the BS coming from all the talking heads is an anti-vaxxer and only interested in disseminating misinformation. I call is being a prudent critical thinker who is not being led about by every wind of misinformation and lies being perpetrated on the general public by the elites who really don't have our best interest at heart. If one believes they do. then that person is being totally naive!
Colossians 2:8-10...See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, which are based on human tradition and the spiritual forces of the world rather than on Christ. For in HIM dwells all the fullness of the GODHEAD bodily; and you are complete in HIM, who is the head of all principality and power.

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » July 27, 2021, 10:29 am

Well to begin with Joe Biden isnt in Udon and neither is Vallance who byt the sounds of it is in the UK

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » July 27, 2021, 10:30 am

semperfiguy wrote:
July 27, 2021, 10:17 am
anefarious1 wrote:
July 26, 2021, 11:08 pm
semperfiguy wrote:
papafarang wrote:

So, given that Vallance did have a slip of the tongue, which I don't believe for one minute, by his own admission 60% of all hospitalizations from Covid are unvaccinated people, so logically 40% are vaccinated people. That's one heck of a lot of people if one believes the lie that the vaccines will prevent most people from being hospitalized. Joe Biden says that 97% of Covid hospitalizations in the US are unvaccinated. How does one account for that disparity? Not everyone who questions the science and doubts the BS coming from all the talking heads is an anti-vaxxer and only interested in disseminating misinformation. I call is being a prudent critical thinker who is not being led about by every wind of misinformation and lies being perpetrated on the general public by the elites who really don't have our best interest at heart. If one believes they do. then that person is being totally naive!
i agree you cant trust what governments say , but even bigger piles of BS come from idiots on social media . someone asked me if i will have the jab , thanks ill take one of each please. got to cover all bases

Return to “COVID-19/Corona Virus”