semperfiguy wrote:
July 27, 2021, 10:17 am
anefarious1 wrote:
July 26, 2021, 11:08 pm
semperfiguy wrote:
July 26, 2021, 8:48 pm
papafarang wrote:
July 26, 2021, 8:19 pm
However, being vaccinated keeps you from being hospitalized and death.

yes apparently 99.5% of hospitalizations from covid are unvaccinated . also reported AZ is as dangerous as taking asprin
Papa, last week I saw a video of the UK Health Ministry giving a news conference during which he reported that 60% of all recent Covid deaths were people who were vaccinated. He later recanted and brought the figure down to 40% and then he resigned. It seems were getting two different stories, so I guess it boils down to "who do you want to believe". That video by the way has since disappeared off all media.
So you misrepresented Sir Patrick John Thompson Vallance's own misrepresentation of the facts.

He was referring to hospital admissions, not deaths. He did correct himself, but it's too late as this type of thing is very useful for anti-vaxxers and other disseminators of misinformation.

And did he resign? I think not.

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-val ... d-12359317
So, given that Vallance did have a slip of the tongue, which I don't believe for one minute, by his own admission 60% of all hospitalizations from Covid are unvaccinated people, so logically 40% are vaccinated people. That's one heck of a lot of people if one believes the lie that the vaccines will prevent most people from being hospitalized. Joe Biden says that 97% of Covid hospitalizations in the US are unvaccinated. How does one account for that disparity? Not everyone who questions the science and doubts the BS coming from all the talking heads is an anti-vaxxer and only interested in disseminating misinformation. I call is being a prudent critical thinker who is not being led about by every wind of misinformation and lies being perpetrated on the general public by the elites who really don't have our best interest at heart. If one believes they do. then that person is being totally naive!
Let's say out of 100 adults, 80 have been vaxxed and 20 have not. Then, 4 of the 80 get hospitalized, and 6 of the 20 also go to hospital. That's 10 in hospital (6 plus 4) and the 60/40 scenario that concerns you.

But...

4/80 is a 5% hospitalization rate, while 6/20 is a 30% hospitalization rate.

60/40 yet unvaxxed 6 times more likely require hospitalization in this example.

Prudent critical thinker? Those types do not suffer from confirmation bias ie. the tendency to process information by looking for, or interpreting, information that is consistent with one's existing beliefs. Thank you
Last edited by anefarious1 on July 27, 2021, 2:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Re: covid cases udon

Post by semperfiguy » July 27, 2021, 2:02 pm

I'm waiting for other members to chime in on your preposterous math. That is a totally insane twist of numbers that makes absolutely no sense. I'll see if I can get you a job with the Biden Administration. You'll fit in nicely there.
Colossians 2:8-10...See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, which are based on human tradition and the spiritual forces of the world rather than on Christ. For in HIM dwells all the fullness of the GODHEAD bodily; and you are complete in HIM, who is the head of all principality and power.

anefarious1
udonmap.com

Post by anefarious1 » July 27, 2021, 2:05 pm

semperfiguy wrote:
July 27, 2021, 2:02 pm
I'm waiting for other members to chime in on your preposterous math. That is a totally insane twist of numbers that makes absolutely no sense. I'll see if I can get you a job with the Biden Administration. You'll fit in nicely there.
Perhaps the educated members can explain the concept of proportionality to you. I've dumbed it down as much as possible. As they say, you can't teach an old dog new tricks.
Last edited by anefarious1 on July 27, 2021, 2:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » July 27, 2021, 2:07 pm

Semper
Who is this Biden guy you keep on talking about from Udon?? I have never bumped into him, is he a local???

newtovillagelife
udonmap.com

Post by newtovillagelife » July 27, 2021, 2:35 pm

semperfiguy wrote:
Nothing wrong with his math or explanation. Did you complete high school??

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » July 27, 2021, 2:38 pm

newtovillagelife wrote:
July 27, 2021, 2:35 pm
semperfiguy wrote:
Nothing wrong with his math or explanation. Did you complete high school??
Sounds very much like another epic fail from Trump U, no?

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » July 27, 2021, 3:00 pm

anefarious1 wrote:
July 27, 2021, 12:03 pm

60/40 yet unvaxxed 6 times more likely require hospitalization in this example.
I think it could have been expressed better, by saying "vaxed 600% less likely to require hospitalisation" - (or something like that).

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » July 27, 2021, 3:04 pm

Again sorry its not Udon related but handy for anyone to know up to date info on traveling by road Bkk to other provinces.

Just checked in with my brother and it appears all went well on his BKK to Nan road trip .. left Bkk 5;30 am just arrived in Nan .. made excellent time as roads very very quiet .

Re; check points ..only stopped once en route and that was close to Nan , Thai driver was asked for his travel QR code no docs asked to be shown from the falang ? ... he commented passed through many check points all were not manned during the day only from late afternoon evening and night.

So ..@ Tammy .. a road trip with a QR code is an option when you arrive back here .. just dont go to Nan go Udon :lol:

Suffice to say i wont bother my brother for anymore details today no doubt after 18 months away he having a roll in the hay plus lots of washing up ironing and gardening to do.

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Post by semperfiguy » July 27, 2021, 3:11 pm

anefarious1 wrote:
July 27, 2021, 2:05 pm
semperfiguy wrote:
Perhaps the educated members can explain the concept of proportionality to you. I've dumbed it down as much as possible. As they say, you can't teach an old dog new tricks.
I'll go one last volley with you Ane! You're trying to make this much more complicated than it really is, so I will say this not for your benefit because you would never admit that you are wrong, but for the benefit of others who may be teased into believing your non-sensical math.

There are only two kinds of people who are hospitalized with Covid....they are either vaccinated or unvaccinated. If 100 people are hospitalized with Covid and 60% of them are unvaccinated, then that's 60. The other 40%, or 40 people, are unvaccinated. That's one heck of a lot of people being hospitalized who have taken the jab. That totally disputes Joe Biden's claim that 97% of Covid hospitalizations are unvaccinated. That's it...pure and simple! The whole point of the matter is that we are being lied to and you can't trust your traditional mass media to give you the honest truth because they are all in bed with the Democrats in the US and the Globalist Cabal. You need to seek out reputable alternative media that have a proven track record of being honest and forthright in their reporting.

So much for your proportionality concept. It had no place in this equation to begin with and failed completely in addressing the original issue. I'm done my friend and off for a nap and won't be back for this topic. You have a great rest of the day and enjoy your delusional unreality!
Colossians 2:8-10...See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, which are based on human tradition and the spiritual forces of the world rather than on Christ. For in HIM dwells all the fullness of the GODHEAD bodily; and you are complete in HIM, who is the head of all principality and power.

samster
udonmap.com

Post by samster » July 27, 2021, 3:35 pm

tamada wrote:
July 26, 2021, 6:21 pm
Quieter streets, emptier 7 elevens and being double-jabbed means absolutely nothing. Regardless of there being less chance of bumping into them, 90% of the people you will share space with remain unjabbed. Being 100% topped-up with AZ or Pfizer doesn't stop you 100% from spreading it either.
How would you spread a disease you dont have regardless of vaccine? The pre flight and ASQ testing regime will confirm that you are clear.

The chances of picking it up in a quiet street or deserted 7/11 are minimal. I'd be happy to take my chances on the streets of BKK if I chose that route.

newtovillagelife
udonmap.com

Post by newtovillagelife » July 27, 2021, 3:39 pm

semperfiguy wrote:
July 26, 2021, 8:48 pm
papafarang wrote:
July 26, 2021, 8:19 pm
However, being vaccinated keeps you from being hospitalized and death.

yes apparently 99.5% of hospitalizations from covid are unvaccinated . also reported AZ is as dangerous as taking asprin
Papa, last week I saw a video of the UK Health Ministry giving a news conference during which he reported that 60% of all recent Covid deaths were people who were vaccinated. He later recanted and brought the figure down to 40% and then he resigned. It seems were getting two different stories, so I guess it boils down to "who do you want to believe". That video by the way has since disappeared off all media.
So you have no proof. DId you imagine it? Maybe you dreamt it? Stop spreading misinformation.

anefarious1
udonmap.com

Post by anefarious1 » July 27, 2021, 4:01 pm

semperfiguy wrote:
July 27, 2021, 3:11 pm
anefarious1 wrote:
July 27, 2021, 2:05 pm
semperfiguy wrote:
I'll go one last volley with you Ane! You're trying to make this much more complicated than it really is, so I will say this not for your benefit because you would never admit that you are wrong, but for the benefit of others who may be teased into believing your non-sensical math.

There are only two kinds of people who are hospitalized with Covid....they are either vaccinated or unvaccinated. If 100 people are hospitalized with Covid and 60% of them are unvaccinated, then that's 60. The other 40%, or 40 people, are unvaccinated. That's one heck of a lot of people being hospitalized who have taken the jab. That totally disputes Joe Biden's claim that 97% of Covid hospitalizations are unvaccinated. That's it...pure and simple! The whole point of the matter is that we are being lied to and you can't trust your traditional mass media to give you the honest truth because they are all in bed with the Democrats in the US and the Globalist Cabal. You need to seek out reputable alternative media that have a proven track record of being honest and forthright in their reporting.

So much for your proportionality concept. It had no place in this equation to begin with and failed completely in addressing the original issue. I'm done my friend and off for a nap and won't be back for this topic. You have a great rest of the day and enjoy your delusional unreality!
Okay math isn't your thing. Try reading instead:

Over time, more and more people are getting vaccinated. All hospitalizations would necessarily come from vaccinated patients if an entire population is vaccinated. This wouldn’t be because the vaccine is inefficient, but simply because the entire population is vaccinated, so any hospitalization would involve a vaccinated patient. But in contrast to a population that is unvaccinated, a vaccinated population would see far fewer cases that require hospitalization.

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » July 27, 2021, 4:32 pm

Steering back on topic:
Today (27 July 2021) Udon Thani Provincial Public Health Office Report of the total number of COVID-19 cases in Udon Thani province. On July 26, 2021, there were 149 new cases, categorized into 13 in-provincial and 136 out-of-province.
Details of new cases in each district
- Mueang Udon Thani, 20 cases
- Chai Wan District 20 cases
- Ban Dung District 16 cases
- Ban Phue District 14 cases
- Nong Han District, 13 cases
- Kumphawapi District, 12 cases
- Phen District, 12 cases
- Non Sa-ad District, 7 cases
- Wang Sam Mo District, 7 cases
- District Pibulrak 6 cases
- Nam Som District 5 cases
- Nong Wua So District, 4 cases
- Sri That District, 4 cases
- 4 Prachaksinlapakhom districts
- Nong Saeng District 2 cases
- A. Kutjab 2 cases
- Na Yung District 1 person

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » July 27, 2021, 4:42 pm

Many thanks Mr P..

13 local / 136 imported hopefully controlled.

With the returnee infection numbers around the 100 per day there must come a time where all facilities in the province are full ... what happens then ..home isolation ??

Dao friend works at Kumphawapi Hospital and all surgeries , doctors appointments etc are cancelled , only AnE is open as the place is full to the gunnels ..this could well be the case in more n more hospitals in the next week or so.

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Giggle
udonmap.com

Post by Giggle » July 27, 2021, 5:27 pm

Please lecture us some more on how we should remain locked down in MOPP level 4 while you and others roam the country and the planet looking for obstacles and shortcuts to the laws and regulations. We really need more of these lectures.
Ashli Babbitt -- SAY HER NAME!

samuel
udonmap.com

Post by samuel » July 27, 2021, 7:04 pm

parrot wrote:
July 27, 2021, 4:32 pm
Steering back on topic:
Today (27 July 2021) ….
@Parrot
do you have any information about this sad news?

https://www.facebook.com/udonthaniupdate
Google Translator:
So sad‼️
Udon: 3 deaths from covids in one day
Cumulative total of 27 cases
27 July 2021
27-07-_2021_14-03-32.jpg

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » July 27, 2021, 7:52 pm

samster wrote:
July 27, 2021, 3:35 pm
tamada wrote:
July 26, 2021, 6:21 pm
Quieter streets, emptier 7 elevens and being double-jabbed means absolutely nothing. Regardless of there being less chance of bumping into them, 90% of the people you will share space with remain unjabbed. Being 100% topped-up with AZ or Pfizer doesn't stop you 100% from spreading it either.
How would you spread a disease you dont have regardless of vaccine? The pre flight and ASQ testing regime will confirm that you are clear.

The chances of picking it up in a quiet street or deserted 7/11 are minimal. I'd be happy to take my chances on the streets of BKK if I chose that route.
Why do you think PCR and RTK tests only have a 72-hour validity?

As for your assertion of 'minimal' risk, I will defer to your obvious superior knowledge of viral epidemiology.

Declan MacPherson
udonmap.com

Post by Declan MacPherson » July 27, 2021, 8:16 pm

The only two numbers that matter are 99+% survival rate in Thailand and 97+% survival rate in the world.

Cases? Hospitalized? Vaccinated? Unvaccinated? Within Province? Outside of Province? Who cares?

Do what's best for you and leave everyone else alone. They will make their own health choices.
"Put on the whole armor of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil." - Ephesians 6:11

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » July 27, 2021, 8:40 pm

Who Cares??
I suspect those that have tested positive/are hospitalised or have a close relative died

AND everyone else with the slightest empathy for those suffering

Bonanza
udonmap.com

Post by Bonanza » July 27, 2021, 10:37 pm

Well done Declan - a real humanitarian! Forget Covid, those dying of starvation, poluted water, cancer, malaria and car crashes. They only represent 1% of the world's population, so let them all die! F--k 'em all eh! I'm all right Jack. And I bet you have a Bible quote to support you.

Return to “COVID-19/Corona Virus”