covid cases udon

fdimike
udonmap.com

Re: covid cases udon

Post by fdimike » April 12, 2021, 7:07 am

DM I think the case count is 33 cases total identified so far. I will try to get an update from my neighbor today when she returns from the hospital. However, I'm sure that number will continue to grow as the locals continue to ignore health guidelines. Many massage shops remain open here in Udon despite the government order to close all bars, massage etc.

An ex-pat in the Land of Smile

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » April 12, 2021, 7:25 am

fdimike wrote:
April 12, 2021, 7:07 am
DM I think the case count is 33 cases total identified so far. I will try to get an update from my neighbor today when she returns from the hospital. However, I'm sure that number will continue to grow as the locals continue to ignore health guidelines. Many massage shops remain open here in Udon despite the government order to close all bars, massage etc.
Many thanks sir .. with so much unclear and conflicting news any accurate updates are always welcome.

Apparently the police and Amphur officials are making sure places are closed in the center of town .. but out on the ring road from what ive seen its bizz as usual with regard to restaurants etc.

Expect the numbers to max out late April by which time the fall out from allowing SK travel will be known.

STAY SAFE ALL

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » April 12, 2021, 7:57 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
April 12, 2021, 7:25 am
fdimike wrote:
Many thanks sir .. with so much unclear and conflicting news any accurate updates are always welcome.

Apparently the police and Amphur officials are making sure places are closed in the center of town .. but out on the ring road from what ive seen its bizz as usual with regard to restaurants etc.

Expect the numbers to max out late April by which time the fall out from allowing SK travel will be known.

STAY SAFE ALL

DM
Seems entertainment areas have been shut down. I think the theory is people move around the bars , this bar ,that bar . but people eating at restaurants tend to stay there or go home after eating. But saying that as the number of infections increase they will close everything else. Just have to wait and see ,infections take a few days to show up
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

dragonz
udonmap.com

Post by dragonz » April 12, 2021, 7:58 am

I have no idea where the info on this topic comes from . Surely u all live in udon ?I now know of 8 people in my village and the next village that have tested pos .
Multiply this by all the villages and you would be talking thousands not 33 .
Last night house next to me had about 20 family members come home for songran .This morning i found out one of the boys who comes to play with my son his uncle tested pos yesterday .Now i am worried .There is no info anywhere how to get the vaccine .The government workers are all getting it but me being 65 how do i get the shot ?

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 12, 2021, 8:22 am

papafarang wrote:
April 12, 2021, 7:57 am
Drunk Monkey wrote:
April 12, 2021, 7:25 am
fdimike wrote:

STAY SAFE ALL

DM
Seems entertainment areas have been shut down. I think the theory is people move around the bars , this bar ,that bar . but people eating at restaurants tend to stay there or go home after eating. But saying that as the number of infections increase they will close everything else. Just have to wait and see ,infections take a few days to show up
A few people struggle with the notion that social inhibitions drop when bladdered. More garrulous, spittle-flecked conversation is directly proportional to the intake of alcohol. Bar hopping is easier and more fun than restaurant hopping.

I agree that nailing the pubs is the thin edge of the inevitable wedge here. We can only hope for an early spike in this projected 2-month effort to contain the bloody thing.

dragonz
udonmap.com

Post by dragonz » April 12, 2021, 8:35 am

Another case from my village guy in furniture shop 500 metres from my house taken to hospital this morning with covid

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » April 12, 2021, 8:38 am

I dont wish to be a Thai knocker but have been looking at the pictures of the 'new' medical facilities being built for the expected increase in Covid cases. Just row upon row of army beds stuck in large warehouses, no isolation, no medical facilities, no oxygen systems etc. If these facilities are going to be used who takes care of the patients, family members as per norm?? To me they just look like death houses as there aint enough trained medical staff or auxiliaries to deal with what looks like, is going to be a bit of a crisis after Song Kran. Hope I am wrong.

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » April 12, 2021, 11:01 am

Good news , i think ! The testing of all market traders in Kham Kling the other day surprisingly only revealed one more infection over the three already known . So i guess we dodged a bullet . \:D/
Not letting my guard down just yet , but its not as bad as i thought it might be .

vlad
udonmap.com

Post by vlad » April 12, 2021, 1:48 pm

People need to realize the virus can be transmitted from touch like a Door handle, a toilet flush where a person could have touched as the virus is able to survive for a long time on surfaces. These must be cleaned frequently, its no good cleaning handles when the Restaurant opens. Anyone infected, if there not unaware there affected goes to a loo, touches handles toilet holders flushers unaware they could be infected unless they have had a test. They then meet friends shaking hands etc this is how it can be spread. The second and third strain's are easier to spread then the first wave as we in the UK found out just how easy is it to spread without realizing.

pal52
udonmap.com

Post by pal52 » April 12, 2021, 1:56 pm

Looks like 10 more cases today.
Taking the total to 36 for Udon.
Udon is number 15 on the list
This is the figure posted on Udon Thani update facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/udonthaniupdat ... 487144524/

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 12, 2021, 2:03 pm

pal52 wrote:
April 12, 2021, 1:56 pm
Looks like 10 more cases today.
Taking the total to 36 for Udon.
Udon is number 15 on the list
This is the figure posted on Udon Thani update facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/udonthaniupdat ... 487144524/
Udon Thani province was 9th before the weekend so I will take this slump to 15th as a win.

Marcosteffano
udonmap.com

Post by Marcosteffano » April 12, 2021, 3:35 pm

Meanwhile here in the Uk we have been given most of our freedom back this morning which means I’m off down the pub after work and I’m getting bladdered on Abbott ale tonight.its been the longest 4 months of my life.fingers crossed there’s no more outbreaks of the virus as we near having over 50% of the most vulnerable vaccinated.
I was meant to be coming back in December but what with the thai restrictions I’ll wait until thailand has opened up fully but god knows when that will be now.anyway stay safe people.

thewatchman
udonmap.com

Post by thewatchman » April 12, 2021, 5:08 pm

Marcosteffano wrote:
April 12, 2021, 3:35 pm
Meanwhile here in the Uk we have been given most of our freedom back this morning which means I’m off down the pub after work and I’m getting bladdered on Abbott ale tonight.its been the longest 4 months of my life.fingers crossed there’s no more outbreaks of the virus as we near having over 50% of the most vulnerable vaccinated.
I was meant to be coming back in December but what with the thai restrictions I’ll wait until thailand has opened up fully but god knows when that will be now.anyway stay safe people.
Living the dream
laughing at the occasional visitor and failed taxi drivers

vlad
udonmap.com

Post by vlad » April 12, 2021, 7:03 pm

Im with you watchman off down weatherspoons today after a long year of not holding a pint. If we had not vaccinated we would still be in lockdown nay shops open nay bars or resturants open hospitals choccah death rates out of control but thank god now were on the road to recovery.

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » April 12, 2021, 8:30 pm

Wife has just told me a family who live close to her mothers place here in Nong Lat have been taken away in a Hazmat ambulance about an hour ago. Cannot confirm but all the parties/music have stopped in the last 30 minutes. Village is full of people returning from down south so this might just be the start of it. Bugger.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » April 13, 2021, 7:04 am

AlexO wrote:
April 12, 2021, 8:30 pm
Wife has just told me a family who live close to her mothers place here in Nong Lat have been taken away in a Hazmat ambulance about an hour ago. Cannot confirm but all the parties/music have stopped in the last 30 minutes. Village is full of people returning from down south so this might just be the start of it. Bugger.
Lock the gates, raise the drawbridge, arrange pre-arranged visits only. Bugger the family they can stay away. Self imposed lock-down

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 13, 2021, 7:22 am

vlad wrote:
April 12, 2021, 7:03 pm
Im with you watchman off down weatherspoons today after a long year of not holding a pint. If we had not vaccinated we would still be in lockdown nay shops open nay bars or resturants open hospitals choccah death rates out of control but thank god now were on the road to recovery.
Dodging the bullet. Let us know how the general piss drinking public handled their first night off the leash so to speak. If the U.K. that is maybe only 10 days away from herd immunity gets this wrong, there's not much hope for the rest is there?

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » April 13, 2021, 7:29 am

UK’s Covid vaccine programme on track despite AstraZeneca problems
Three-quarters of population could be fully immunised by first week in August, according to forecasts
A few more months to go before 70%

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » April 13, 2021, 7:42 am

AH the UK once again rears its ugly head

rick
udonmap.com

Post by rick » April 13, 2021, 7:44 am

Our local Pooyaiban this morning said there were 52 cases, where he gets his information from i do not know, but usually similar to the 'official' total 12 hours later.

My son in the UK in London spoke to me while out for a walk, he said every pub's garden was packed. No social distancing. Opening the schools saw the infection rate in younger people stop falling, so i expect the number of cases will start rising again in the UK, can the virus spread faster than the vaccine rollout? Hopefully just a ripple, not a wave.

Return to “COVID-19/Corona Virus”