COVID-19 Vaccination – Hypothetical

Mosquito
udonmap.com

Re: COVID-19 Vaccination – Hypothetical

Post by Mosquito » October 6, 2020, 6:32 pm

FrazeeDK wrote:
October 6, 2020, 12:08 pm
That Chinese have already vaccinate a large number of their workers going overseas on OBOR projects. They report that none of those vaccinated have gotten infected with COVID. It won't be too many more weeks before the Chinese government announces they've approved one or more of their locally developed vaccines. The Thai government will swiftly approve that vaccine for use in Thailand.. I'll gladly get it, if it means vaccination certificate in hand I can depart the country and get back in without the huge restrictions currently in place. I won't speculate on the price since it isn't here yet. When the Thai government approves one of those Chinese vaccines, the floodgates will open and tens of thousands of Chinese tourists will arrive pretty quickly.
Hypothetical, if that happened I'd have a hard time trusting a vaccine approved by the Chinese Govt. Same as Russia's approved vaccine. After the initial cover-up by the Chinese Govt of the outbreak, can you really trust them??

As GF and daughter are in the low risk for complications, it would definitely be a pass.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » October 6, 2020, 6:55 pm

Mosquito wrote:
October 6, 2020, 6:32 pm

Hypothetical, if that happened I'd have a hard time trusting a vaccine approved by the Chinese Govt. Same as Russia's approved vaccine. After the initial cover-up by the Chinese Govt of the outbreak, can you really trust them??
I would be happy to look at the evidence, and base my decision on that.

As with FDK, if I was happy with what I read, and the cost, I would go ahead with the vaccine if it opened up otherwise unavailable travel opportunities.

The fact it came from China would be neither here nor there.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » October 6, 2020, 7:17 pm

jackspratt wrote:
October 6, 2020, 6:55 pm
Mosquito wrote:
October 6, 2020, 6:32 pm

I would be happy to look at the evidence, and base my decision on that.

As with FDK, if I was happy with what I read, and the cost, I would go ahead with the vaccine if it opened up otherwise unavailable travel opportunities.

The fact it came from China would be neither here nor there.
With you Jack. 80% of pharmaceutical inputs come from China. Not all final vaccines, but they do have a massive pharmaceutical industry. If they make a vaccine and it works who would sensibly shun it because it came from China.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » October 7, 2020, 9:48 am

Germany: US$62.3 billion (16.8% of total drugs and medicines exports)
Switzerland: $45.3 billion (12.2%)
Belgium: $27.8 billion (7.5%)
France: $25.9 billion (7%)
United States: $22 billion (5.9%)
Ireland: $21.7 billion (5.8%)
United Kingdom: $19.7 billion (5.3%)
Italy: $19.6 billion (5.3%)
Netherlands: $16.8 billion (4.5%)
India: $14.8 billion (3.8%)
Denmark: $13 billion (3.5%)
Spain: $9 billion (2.4%)
Canada: $6.8 billion (1.8%)
Sweden: $6.7 billion (1.8%)
Austria: $5.5 billion (1.5%)
Top 15 exporting countries by value
Seems 80% of pharmaceutical inputs come from Chinais not very likely or possible

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » October 7, 2020, 10:44 am

Whistler wrote:
October 6, 2020, 7:17 pm

With you Jack. 80% of pharmaceutical inputs come from China. Not all final vaccines, but they do have a massive pharmaceutical industry. If they make a vaccine and it works who would sensibly shun it because it came from China.
Not quite 80%, Whistler ............ but you are correct, a large proportion of the world's pharmaceutical inputs originate from China.

https://www.cphi.com/content/dam/Inform ... icle_0.pdf

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » October 7, 2020, 11:38 am

Interesting choice of word
Input meaning component or material not actual drug or vaccine

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » October 7, 2020, 12:27 pm

Precise choice of words, I have designed software for the pharmaceutical industry although a long time ago. Most pharmaceuticals have active ingredients, mixed with other materials called excipients. Both are subject to a worldwide standard called GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice) which covers a range of disciplines. The same GMP applies to the manufacture of almost all ethical and non-ethical drugs. China also produces a lot of completed pharmaceuticals as well as precursors etc.

China is more than capable of producing a vaccine and as hey have been studying bat viruses like COVID 19, they have a lot of domain expertise to start with.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » October 8, 2020, 6:23 am

Bench mark for vaccine
What we're waiting for in Australia is a vaccine that has passed all of the Therapeutic Goods Administration's safety and efficacy assessments.

The United States, the European Union, the United Kingdom and the World Health Organisation have also set similar minimum standards for effectiveness.

Vaccines must demonstrate at least 50 per cent efficacy — meaning there has to be at least twice as many infections among trial volunteers who got a placebo than in the vaccine group.

Not bench mark
Russia has since pushed ahead with mass public vaccinations alongside its main human trial. However, there are concerns that the country has prioritised national prestige over solid science and safety.

In China, meanwhile, an emergency-use vaccination program aimed at essential workers and others at high risk of infection was launched in July. That program has since seen hundreds of thousands of people vaccinated.

However, the key point is that the vaccines being used in both Russia and China have not passed final Phase III trials.

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » October 8, 2020, 8:37 pm

dragonz wrote:
October 6, 2020, 12:03 pm
Niggly wrote:
October 6, 2020, 9:42 am
Studied 3 years for a degree.
Studied 3 more for PhD.
Join lab & start working.
Spend years studying virology.
Form hypothesis, gather evidence.
Test hypothesis, form conclusions.
Report findings, clear peer review.
Findings published, reported in press.

KP on Udon Map “Bullsh!t” :roll:
and still know nothing . I do not understand your post. All virus mutate . It is his body so i am sure he knows it better than anyone .People will build a resistance same as any virus.
I am the same except i never take any medicine unless absolutely necessary . I went to the doctor in uk in my forties for an injury , he asked where i had been as last record for me was when i was 10 and had stitches in my leg . I have never gone to the doctors or hospital for being sick until i came to thailand . I went not for treatment but for covid test when i was sick but was refused as they did not want any pos tests in udon . No test no covid doctors response.
Do not need years of learning to know if i am sick or not so your pos perplexing bs
I could explain it to you but I can’t understand it for you
Age & treachery will always triumph over youth & ability

dragonz
udonmap.com

Post by dragonz » October 11, 2020, 10:39 am

are you saying you have these qualifications?
Are you saying viruses do not mutate ?
Are you saying that a vaccine would not work
Are you saying you know his body better than him ?
Are you saying all kp posts on udon map are bulls!t
The answer are only yes of no so should be easy for me to understand that is if you know what you are saying

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » October 11, 2020, 7:39 pm

dragonz wrote:
October 11, 2020, 10:39 am
The answer are only yes of no so should be easy for me to understand that is if you know what you are saying
Nope, where have I suggested this other than your conspiracy laden mind
Nope, where in the post does it suggest this
Yes they all are, if you didn’t know, you should. Its all part of the learning curve

Happy? Can you get back to your loathing in self pity with a sprinkling of everybody hates me & you’re all out to get me, now?

By the way, for future reference, what is you favourite flavour crayon?

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » October 11, 2020, 8:27 pm

Niggly wrote:
October 11, 2020, 7:39 pm
dragonz wrote:
Happy? Can you get back to your loathing in self pity with a sprinkling of everybody hates me & you’re all out to get me, now?

That's an easy one, Orange....

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » October 12, 2020, 7:13 am

Kenr6583 wrote:
October 11, 2020, 8:27 pm
Niggly wrote:
October 11, 2020, 7:39 pm
dragonz wrote:

That's an easy one, Orange....
I can answer all those points with this comment. Niggly would attack anything I say be it truthful or not, because that is what he is a person who enjoys telling everyone how bad others are while all the time offering zero intelligent comments on the subject.
I may not be always right, but I put my thoughts and feelings plus input from elsewhere and experience , into my posts. No-one should ever take information on the internet as gospel , even the best brains and minds always over the centuries have said check, check and ascertain the truth before taking action .

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » October 12, 2020, 7:30 am

Khun Paul wrote:
October 12, 2020, 7:13 am

I can answer all those points with this comment. Niggly would attack anything I say be it truthful or not, because that is what he is a person who enjoys telling everyone how bad others are while all the time offering zero intelligent comments on the subject.
I may not be always right, but I put my thoughts and feelings plus input from elsewhere and experience , into my posts. No-one should ever take information on the internet as gospel , even the best brains and minds always over the centuries have said check, check and ascertain the truth before taking action .
I think you’ll find if you care to go back through your posts that I don’t go anywhere near truthful, helpful or intelligent comments from you.
I can’t really help it if the majority of your posts don’t fall into this criteria

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » October 12, 2020, 7:36 am

Niggly wrote:
October 12, 2020, 7:30 am
Khun Paul wrote:
October 12, 2020, 7:13 am

I think you’ll find if you care to go back through your posts that I don’t go anywhere near truthful, helpful or intelligent comments from you.
I can’t really help it if the majority of your posts don’t fall into this criteria
By your standards or mine .......lol

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » October 12, 2020, 9:25 am

Khun Paul wrote:
October 12, 2020, 7:36 am

By your standards or mine .......lol

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » October 12, 2020, 12:38 pm

noosard wrote:
October 7, 2020, 9:48 am
Germany: US$62.3 billion (16.8% of total drugs and medicines exports)
Switzerland: $45.3 billion (12.2%)
Belgium: $27.8 billion (7.5%)
France: $25.9 billion (7%)
United States: $22 billion (5.9%)
Ireland: $21.7 billion (5.8%)
United Kingdom: $19.7 billion (5.3%)
Italy: $19.6 billion (5.3%)
Netherlands: $16.8 billion (4.5%)
India: $14.8 billion (3.8%)
Denmark: $13 billion (3.5%)
Spain: $9 billion (2.4%)
Canada: $6.8 billion (1.8%)
Sweden: $6.7 billion (1.8%)
Austria: $5.5 billion (1.5%)
Top 15 exporting countries by value
Seems 80% of pharmaceutical inputs come from Chinais not very likely or possible
Please read the second paragraph

https://www.cfr.org/blog/us-dependence- ... ke%20India.

India contributes, but 90% of their pharmaceuticals input ingredients comes from China.

There is a difference between finished goods and inputs.

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » October 13, 2020, 5:43 am

Exactly inputs dont make

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » October 13, 2020, 6:59 pm

noosard wrote:
October 13, 2020, 5:43 am
Exactly inputs dont make
If a post said road surfaces are often covered in bitumen, you would argue otherwise. 'inputs dont make'? is hardly a logical answer, just oppositional.

Will give you this, you are consistent in your oppositional stance.

The fact remains that the world is at risk with China's absolute dominance in the production of pharmaceuticals, both inputs and active ingredients, if you had just the slightest inkling about the manufacture of pharmaceuticals you would understand the point. There is a sovereign risk here.

As it is, you simply want to counter anything posted, regardless of your lack any knowledge about the topic.

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » October 14, 2020, 8:46 am

Sorry inputs are not production of products ie vaccines which is what this thread is about
Like saying australia is dominate in car building because of their iron ore export duh

Return to “COVID-19/Corona Virus”