COVID-19 Vaccination – Hypothetical

Whistler
udonmap.com

Re: COVID-19 Vaccination – Hypothetical

Post by Whistler » October 15, 2020, 10:19 am

noosard wrote:
October 14, 2020, 8:46 am
Sorry inputs are not production of products ie vaccines which is what this thread is about
Like saying australia is dominate in car building because of their iron ore export duh
Hilarious. Ridiculous of course but hilarious none the less. This is easily your very only truly wonderful oppositional best post.

Inputs and active ingredients are used in the final stage of production. Now if Australia was dominant in producing engines, transmissions, ECO's etc you would be correct, trouble is, they don't.

I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » October 15, 2020, 10:49 am

Whistler your process has missed the step of who produces the end product not the ingredients
So China supplies 80% of the mix

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » October 15, 2020, 10:59 am

Who supplies what and when is rather a silly argument, the BIG question is will the finished product work, bne effective and provide a degree of immunity and for how long .
Flu jabs are every year but not mandatory , You have vaccinations for example Yellow Fever, last TEN years. Most of us had vaccinations when young for a myriad of illnesses and they last a lifetime .
So the longevity of this Vaccine will be important , if yearly , price should be considerably lower, but until and as such time the world wakes up to having to live with this Virus, no point in having it at all.as THE RESTRICTIONS IMPOSED BY GOVERNMENTS ARE SO STUPID AS TO THWART ALL INTENTIONS OF EVEN OPENNING UP . Only people needing it are for work or visiting families not seen for 6+ months .
Staying in your own country or here for expats where transmission is low to almost non-existent no need.

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » October 15, 2020, 11:04 am

Whistler wrote:
October 5, 2020, 8:23 pm
noosard wrote:
October 5, 2020, 7:04 pm
When there was an outbreak of I believe was diphtheria the goverment gave free shots to everyone
Found out after visiting my Doc in Oz I did not need as is normal cvombined with the tetanus shot as well
But as forgetting a covid shot not so keen
Untested unknown results or effectiveness
If like the flu vaccine less than 50% efffective and need to do every year
sure, want to flip a coin, heads I win, tails I might gunna die. Upside of heads is way better then downsides of tails.
The waiting on taking a vaccine is not the downside of tails
I am sure that there is going to be a long waiting period for avaliability
During which time these various vaccine may prove themselves or not
Where the vaccine comes from is not important

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » October 15, 2020, 12:32 pm

noosard wrote:
October 15, 2020, 10:49 am
Whistler your process has missed the step of who produces the end product not the ingredients
So China supplies 80% of the mix
They do this too. An example

97% of all antibiotics that are used in the USA. https://www.cfr.org/blog/us-dependence- ... ke%20India.

Squeal all you like Noosard, you are just making yourself look more and more ridiculous.

I wont post further on this subject, there is no need.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » October 22, 2020, 5:10 pm

Whistler wrote:
October 5, 2020, 8:23 pm
noosard wrote:
When there was an outbreak of I believe was diphtheria the goverment gave free shots to everyone
Found out after visiting my Doc in Oz I did not need as is normal cvombined with the tetanus shot as well
sure, want to flip a coin, heads I win, tails I might gunna die. Upside of heads is way better then downsides of tails.
Brazilian health authority Anvisa said on Wednesday that a volunteer in a clinical trial of the COVID-19 vaccine developed by AstraZeneca and Oxford University had died but added that the trial would continue.

Oxford confirmed the plan to keep testing, saying in a statement that after careful assessment "there have been no concerns about safety of the clinical trial."

AstraZeneca declined to comment immediately.

Until it is proven with a few million to 1 odds only guinea pigs will be taking it

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » October 22, 2020, 5:17 pm

Why You Shouldn't Trust Anyone Who Claims 80 Percent of America's Drugs Come From China
A misleading statistic has made the rounds. But it’s based on a misreading of a government report that says no such thing.

https://reason.com/2020/04/06/why-you-s ... rom-china/

Again you off target but using right wing properganda
What I didnt take you for a Trumpet whistler

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » October 22, 2020, 5:30 pm

Sophocles would be proud of you.

You are a funny guy noosard

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » October 22, 2020, 10:48 pm

noosard wrote:
Polio vaccine is 99% effective. Then again, a vaccine against the common cold does not exist.

The truth is, nobody knows how effective a Covid vaccine will be until it is tested and released, so why bag out a COVID vaccine that has not even been developed yet?

Unless of course you are noosard that knows everything

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » October 23, 2020, 7:01 am

The problem with Vaccine testing is that, unless like the UK they are infecting healthy people with the Virus under clinical conditions and can therefore correctly assimilate the information regarding a particular vaccine , then in many countries they are using people already suffering from the effects of Covid 19, so medical diagnosis prior to the vaccine is at best a bit of guesswork as to hpow this person is. Therefore a vaccine which may prevent the serious side-effects of Covid 19 are useless as this person already has it and what they want is a cure not more of the damn stuff.

So any Vaccine with claims it is safe, personally I would wait for a few months until one or two Governments in EUROPE agree it is safe , SADLY i would not trust anything emanating from China or Russia, whose Governments generally have scant regard for their own people.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » October 23, 2020, 8:28 am

Let's all hope it does happen, when it does, let's hope it is tested properly.

On perhaps a slightly sobering thought. Big Pharma wants very good results and they can manipulate results to get a good published results, an example.

I have naturally very high cholesterol, a few years ago a new drug was undergoing a trail and asked for volunteers which I did. I was refused participation because my cholesterol was too high. Clearly the company in question wanted to cherry pick participants with milder symptoms in this trial.

If the COVID trials only select healthy young participants, it should be representative of the population at large including those with those with common conditions like lung and heart conditions.

Mosquito
udonmap.com

Post by Mosquito » December 21, 2020, 9:55 pm

Was bored, so did some Covid 19 Vaccine research.

- Thailand signed agreement with AstraZeneca Plc. for their Covid 19 vaccine last month for supply and
local production.
https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/ge ... id-vaccine

Note(s) for AstraZeneca Plc. Covid 19 Vaccine:
- Not WHO or FDA Approved Yet.(final testing/evaluation expected to be completed next month by both organizations).
https://www.reuters.com/article/health- ... SKBN28L2AH
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-heal ... SKBN28C349
- Also, not yet approved for use in the UK. Like both the WHO/FDA final testing/evaluation expected next month.
UK's only approved Covid 19 vaccine comes from Pfizer.
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... y-new-year
https://www.gov.uk/government/news/uk-m ... 19-vaccine

This was before both Pfizer and Morderna's vaccine received FDA approval.

Hope the Thai Govt has plans to purchase both the Pfizer and Morderna vaccines vice putting all their eggs (Thai lives) in one basket that's still being knitted. This early in the process would be smart to cover all the bases, as basic and long term effects of these vaccines are still being studied.

Jumping the gun a bit, but looked into proof of vaccination possibilities. Personally, would like an internationally approved passport stamp with associated database coverage.
https://www.malaysianow.com/out-there-n ... way-in-uk/
https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2020/12/v ... p-inequity

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » December 22, 2020, 1:11 am

A news presenter in Toronto indicated that there is a new variant of the virus in England. After joking about when we think of England, it is usually focused on bad teeth and weird speech, he interviewed a doctor who thinks the current vaccines will still be effective against any variant...he hopes.
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

Mosquito
udonmap.com

Post by Mosquito » December 22, 2020, 6:13 am

Yes, was a bit concerned about the variant.......currently everything I've read indicates currently approved vaccines will be effective against currently identified stains of the virus. Key being "currently."

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » December 24, 2020, 6:26 am

I wonder if there were conspiracy theorists then too?
Attachments
6FAF58AA-8668-450B-B1FA-381C4838BE40.jpeg
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » December 24, 2020, 11:27 am

\:D/
That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » December 24, 2020, 12:28 pm

Covid Vaccine side effects coming to light ...

Facial hair growth .. not worrying for the oldies but not good for young females.
Penis erection disfunction .. not worrying for the oldies but not good for young females.
Hair loss .. not worrying for the oldies but not good for young females
Breast size reduction ..not worrying for the oldies but not good for young females.
Swelling to the lips .. not worrying to the oldies but not good for young females
Increase in weight .. not worrying for the oldies but not good for young females.

Im seeing a trend here ... DM would take his chance with the vaccine as im a fat , bald fella with a beard , swollen lips and an ample breast size....who in truth would rather have a Jalfezi curry then a shag and for the most part all i use my sausage for nowadays is pissing and stirring my tea.

SORRY no data or scientific links for any of the info in this post as i made it all up .. in the good cause of making some one smile on Xmas eve.

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Post by Bandung_Dero » January 9, 2021, 1:45 pm

This link appears in a parallel thread:-
https://thethaiger.com/news/national/qu ... -to-expats
If they can get 1/2 the population vaccinated over the next year I'm more than prepared to wait it out and see the results, who cares if my "Farang" status puts me at the bottom of their health care priorities!

In saying that and IMHO; wandering into a hospital and placing 10K Baht on the desk will get me a jab whenever I wish!
Sent from my 1977 Apple II using 2 Heinz bake bean cans and piano wire!

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » January 9, 2021, 5:14 pm

Unless there is an URGENT need to leave, why bother .

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Post by Bandung_Dero » January 17, 2021, 9:54 am

I guess this raises the question:-
Have these vaccines been released too soon?
Australian authorities are seeking more information about one of the COVID-19 vaccines set to be used locally, following a warning from officials in Norway.

There have been a small number of deaths among older people in Norway who received the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine and suffered side effects.

The Norwegian Medicines Agency last week reported a total of 29 people had experienced side effects, including 13 who died.
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-01-17/ ... s/13064910
Sent from my 1977 Apple II using 2 Heinz bake bean cans and piano wire!

Return to “COVID-19/Corona Virus”