Insurance Cover for USD100,000 ......

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Insurance Cover for USD100,000 ......

Post by DuiDui49 » July 2, 2020, 8:55 am

mech_401
udonmap.com

Re: Insurance Cover for USD100,000 ......

Post by mech_401 » July 2, 2020, 11:44 am

the tourism industry is never going to be the same
and only hard-core expats with houses&children
will be staying here. half hotels will remain closed

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » July 2, 2020, 11:57 am

Yes read thus too.

This would appear to be the new norm for those returning to Thailand, as a Foreigner, presumably if you are on a Working Visa or a Long Stay Visa/Extension etc. [-X

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/117069 ... paign=news

Just love this: "Brokers and Insurance companies are already working around the clock to handle existing cases, so companies like M…………….have taken on more staff to handle this anticipated rush" - They they are busy opening new personal Bank Account, buying larger Safes so they can store their new found "Cash" and hiring Accountants to keep two sets of books. \:D/ \:D/ Oh and I forgot, the rush is on to find larger Brown Paper Bags, seems to be an expected shortage of them in the future [-X =D> \:D/

Therefore, I can only assume that if you leave Thailand on a Visa run or for another reason, and hold a Long Stay O, O-A or Retirement Visa , that when you reenter Thailand at some time in the future, you too will be ask to produce your $ 100,000 Covid-19 Insurance at the Airport Immigration, as well. :-k

If this is the case, then the next Foreigner that they will need to apply the Insurance rule to , will be the 30 Day Tourist even if he only plans to stay 1, 2 or 4 week, given a Tourist has the same level of exposure to catching Covid-19 whilst they are in Thailand as any returning Foreigner. Catching Covid-19 is not time related as far as I know. :-k :-k

PS. If you were a Tourist planning to stay 30 days in Thailand and then catch Covid-19 and then need to stay in an ICU for 14 days, then it stands to reason that your medical expenses for that stay, will be the same as that of a Foreigner who returned to Thailand, then caught Covid-19, say 3 months later and also needed to spend his 14 days in ICU. So why will the Thai Government not demand the same level of Insurance for a 30 Day Tourist or Business Visa person or even people returning on a 90 days ”O” Visa, as that they demand for the Foreigner returning on his Long Stay arrangement. You can catch Covid-19 on your way through the airport, can’t you? :confused: :confused:

Sound like the way to push for any and all Foreigner coming to Thailand to have this level of Insurance cover no matter way the Visas type, starting with the Foreigner who returns and then extending it to The existing Foreigner in Thailand who leaves and returns, and then eventually dragging in the 90 Day O Visa, regular Business Visa traveler and finally the 30 day Tourist, in all likelihood with that Insurance Policy needing to be purchased through a participating Thai based Insurance Company.

https://macallanbroker.com/pdf/Brochure ... -07-01.pdf

pipoz4444
That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind.

maaka
udonmap.com

Post by maaka » July 2, 2020, 12:29 pm

they dont do the 30 day visa person, because those people would not come if they had to have 100,000 cover..and it is the 30 day crowd who bring in the most farang dollars too..cant scare your tourists away if you want to save your economy

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » July 2, 2020, 2:26 pm

I'm not going to pay a truck load in insurance to visit Thailand. I'm also not going to stand in a queue at Swampy with travellers from a shxt hole such as the US. I wouldn't use that language if the American government didn't talk and think about the rest of the world like that.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » July 2, 2020, 5:12 pm

maaka wrote:
July 2, 2020, 12:29 pm
they dont do the 30 day visa person, because those people would not come if they had to have 100,000 cover..and it is the 30 day crowd who bring in the most farang dollars too..cant scare your tourists away if you want to save your economy
I understand maaka, and don't get me wrong, I am not advocating for the same Insurance for a Tourist as that for the long stay Foreigner

But if the T Gov doesn't apply the requirement for same Insurance level to the Tourist be it the 7, 14 or 30 day one, then the TGov must think the Tourist are immune to catching the Covid-19 during their stay, and that the Covid-19 virus only clings to us "Dirty long stay Foreigners" :confused: :roll: :lol:

I suppose from a Thai perspective that makes a lot of sense :confused: :confused:

pipoz4444

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » July 2, 2020, 7:58 pm

pipoz4444 wrote:
July 2, 2020, 5:12 pm

But if the T Gov doesn't apply the requirement for same Insurance level to the Tourist be it the 7, 14 or 30 day one, then the TGov must think the Tourist are immune to catching the Covid-19 during their stay, and that the Covid-19 virus only clings to us "Dirty long stay Foreigners" :confused: :roll: :lol:
I'm confused as well, pippo.

Where did the "Dirty long stay Foreigners" quote come from?

Are you misquoting the government Minister who was actually talking about tourists?

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » July 2, 2020, 8:37 pm

JS I would never do such a thing.

But its stands to reason, that we/the "Long Stays" must be a dirty group, given we appear to be the only ones capable of catching Covid-19, after our return to Thailand. Why else would the "Seven Groups of Foreigners" who are returning to Thailand, (I assume many are on long stays arrangements) be the only ones required to purchase their Insurance before they try to re-enter (Thai Visa Article, First, second and third Paragraphs).

The Seven Groups of Foreigner has connotations or an undertone to the movie SEVEN and the Sins. Pick one that fits your Visa group: :lol: :lol: Gluttony, Greed, Sloth, Pride, Lust, Envy & Wrath [-( [-X \:D/ Then again we may be the Magnificent Seven :D :D because I do resemble, Steve McQueen or is it Yul Brynner or is it Eli Wallach \:D/ \:D/

The Thai Visa Article, says "The aforementioned groups (presumably referring to the "Seven Groups of Foreigners") will include Skilled Labors, Foreigners married to Thais and Permanent Residents of Thailand, Educational Personnel, Teachers & Student " (4th Paragraph or I should say just a Sentence)

Or am I reading incorrectly?/ :-k :-k

It sounds to me, like the "Seven Groups of Foreigners", need to get their Insurances organized before the get on a Plane to come back to Thailand, and according to the regulations stated that insurance must cover Covid-19 and provide $100,000 cover

pipoz4444

Stantheman
udonmap.com

Post by Stantheman » July 3, 2020, 6:21 am

Read article twice, no mention of foreigners currently in country on permission to stay, so are they exempt? If so guess they aren't part of the Dirty Foreigners. Before I take this more seriously will want to see more then a ThaiVisa article promoted by an Insurance Broker.

maaka
udonmap.com

Post by maaka » July 3, 2020, 6:34 am

no worries there Pip, I understand where your coming from..

as I see it , it all about tourism..You dont scare the tourist off with massive health insurance, covid, or no covid..
I think thats how the govt sees it, if they have actually said it..

I left on the last plane out of NZ, and at the witching hour, you had to present your health insurance to check in staff before you could board the jet..whether you can get a covid test within the 72 hrs prior and get the results in your hot little hand to also present to staff, is another question..and what about a visa extension, will health insurance be required then...its going to cause me some problems

maaka
udonmap.com

Post by maaka » July 3, 2020, 6:39 am

belay that last order, it was not health insurance, but a medical certificate to say you were fit to fly and had no covid

maaka
udonmap.com

Post by maaka » July 3, 2020, 7:16 am

found this on the Ministry of Public Health website...its old I think, but shows perhaps where the 100000 idea came from.

Requirements for travelers from the Disease Infected Zones
The People’s Republic of China (including Special Administrative Regions Macau and Hong Kong), The Republic of Korea, The Republic of Italy, The Islamic Republic of Iran
1. Before check-in at the airport of origin, the traveler must show the following documents to the airlines:

1.1 Non-Thai citizens

• Health certification describing "No laboratory evidence of COVID-19 infection in the previous 72 hours and no signs of illness in the 14 days prior to the departure date"

• Health insurance (in an amount of at least 100,000 USD) that should cover all expenditures of medical treatment while traveling to Thailand. The travelers need to purchase health insurance before traveling.

1.2 Thai citizens

• Health certification confirming that the passengers are fit to fly

• Letter issued by the Royal Thai Embassy, Thai Consular Office or the Ministry of Foreign Affairs certifying that the passengers are Thai nationals returning to Thailand.

2. People arriving in Thailand must fill in the health form (T.8 form) accurately and truthfully.

3. Passengers have to download the “AOT Airport of Thailand” mobile application (by scanning the QR Code) to record their information and monitor their health signs and symptoms until completing the duration of quarantine.

4. Travelers with fever and at least one of the following symptoms: cough, runny nose, sore throat, and difficulty breathing, must notify the disease control officers at the quarantine for control of communicable diseases office immediately upon arrival in Thailand.

5. All travelers will pass a fever screening through a thermal scan. Travelers who meet the criteria of surveillance will be referred to a designated hospital

6. All travelers who pass the initial fever screening must implement mandatory self-quarantine for 14 days at their registered hotels/accommodations and comply with the recommendations More details

• In the case of foreigners, they must implement self-quarantine at the registered hotels, condominium, or dormitories, in which a Proof-of-Address document in Thailand for at last 14 days can be provided to the disease control officers at the quarantine for control of communicable diseases office.

• In the case of Thai citizens, they must implement self-quarantine at his/her residence or designated areas (as determined by the Thai government), in which a Proof-of-Address document in Thailand can be provided to the officers.

• All of these people are not allowed to leave the quarantine areas until completing the duration of 14 days or until the lapse of the infectious period.

• The aforementioned people must record his/her presence with the disease control officers in the required channel of communication.

• If those travelers exhibit clinical symptoms, they have to report the disease control officers within three hours.

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » July 3, 2020, 10:22 am

Stantheman wrote:
July 3, 2020, 6:21 am
Read article twice, no mention of foreigners currently in country on permission to stay, so are they exempt? If so guess they aren't part of the Dirty Foreigners. Before I take this more seriously will want to see more then a ThaiVisa article promoted by an Insurance Broker.
Correct, not until they leave the country and then try to come back

They must pick up the dirt once they are outside of the country ;)

pipoz4444

Return to “COVID-19/Corona Virus”