The lack of evidence lockdowns actually worked is ...

mickojak
udonmap.com

Re: The lack of evidence lockdowns actually worked is ...

Post by mickojak » June 5, 2020, 8:53 am

Whistler wrote:
June 5, 2020, 8:42 am
what a strange post? No idea what you are attempting say from this garbled post.
He's trying to say that you approve of 50,000 people marching together with no social distancing.
Seems plainly obvious to me.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » June 5, 2020, 8:53 am

Whistler wrote:
cjd01 wrote:
June 5, 2020, 8:13 am
Whistler wrote:
June 4, 2020, 8:54 pm
Yay Australia getting their proprieties right
Oh how convenient, going by some of your other posts Mr Wisdom
shouldn't they be social distancing and staying indoors as to not to spread the virus, as usual selective Whistler
If the same amount of people decided to go and protest being in lock down you would be on here telling us they were committing mass genocide.
anyway got the reaction from you I expected time to morph to piffle
what a strange post? No idea what you are attempting say from this garbled post. Was alcohol involved?
At least half a bottle of braggadocio I would say.

cjd01
udonmap.com

Post by cjd01 » June 5, 2020, 8:58 am

tamada wrote:
June 5, 2020, 8:53 am
Whistler wrote:
cjd01 wrote:
June 5, 2020, 8:13 am
Whistler wrote:
Oh how convenient, going by some of your other posts Mr Wisdom
shouldn't they be social distancing and staying indoors as to not to spread the virus, as usual selective Whistler
If the same amount of people decided to go and protest being in lock down you would be on here telling us they were committing mass genocide.
anyway got the reaction from you I expected time to morph to piffle
what a strange post? No idea what you are attempting say from this garbled post. Was alcohol involved?
At least half a bottle of braggadocio I would say.
Strange bedfellows, my guess is you both drank quite a lot of that, hey ho a morphing we shall go

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » June 5, 2020, 9:12 am

^ Well, what did you expect with your ridiculous assertions? They're almost as ridiculous as the conditions you made for us getting a room.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » June 5, 2020, 9:15 am

mickojak wrote:
Whistler wrote:
what a strange post? No idea what you are attempting say from this garbled post.
He's trying to say that you approve of 50,000 people marching together with no social distancing.
Use Google to search up a recent photo of the Wuhan night market and get back to ANYONE who gives a ---- about this social distancing canard.

cjd01
udonmap.com

Post by cjd01 » June 5, 2020, 9:20 am

tamada wrote:
June 5, 2020, 9:12 am
^ Well, what did you expect with your ridiculous assertions? They're almost as ridiculous as the conditions you made for us getting a room.
Ok on my ridiculous assertions, your new best friend has been incessantly preaching about social distancing and the value of lock downs but miraculously because 50,000 are going to march in support of his new pet project it's better than sliced
bread.
on your second point I'm open to negotiate but not capitulate

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » June 5, 2020, 9:22 am

mickojak wrote:
Whistler wrote:

50,000 people someplace committing genocide without social distancing is shocking, if they are planning on genocide they should be practicing social distancing.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » June 5, 2020, 9:37 am

Sweden admits it should have tackled COVID-19 differently
In March, most European nations imposed strict lockdowns on in their citizens.

But not Sweden. The nation of 10 million encouraged people to social distance, hand wash and work from home; it stopped older students going to school, banned gatherings of more than 50 and urged the vulnerable and elderly to isolate.

That was about it though, and life went on much the same as usual in the shops, beaches and lakeside bars of Stockholm.

In April, Professor Johan Giesecke, a prominent physician and one-time Swedish chief epidemiologist, said it was more likely Swedes would respond to less draconian measures than lockdowns.

‘WE WOULD DO IT DIFFERENTLY’

The country has now recorded almost 42,000 cases of COVID-19 and 4500 deaths.

Sweden’s Nordic neighbours have had nothing like that outcome. Denmark has had 580 coronavirus deaths; Finland has seen 320 and Norway has had 237 – 19 times fewer than Sweden.

Asked if the country’s high death toll has made him reconsider his unique approach to the pandemic, this week Mr Tegnell told Swedish Radio “yes, absolutely.”

“If we were to encounter the same disease again, knowing precisely what we know about it today, I think we would settle on doing something in between what Sweden did and what the rest of the world has done.”

But Mr Tegnell has still defended the country’s approach and said at this point it was unclear exactly what measures hadn’t worked well in Sweden. Equally, other nations had put in so many restrictions it wasn’t clear which ones had worked.

Here in Australia, some epidemiologists have argued closing pubs and large gatherings was the right step but stopping people from sitting in parks or going to the beach was unnecessary and did little to stop the spread.

cjd01
udonmap.com

Post by cjd01 » June 5, 2020, 9:41 am

Whistler wrote:
Just an inconvenient reminder to your new morph
that was your post after I mentioned the lack of consistency regarding the enforcement of the current laws in Victoria
but don't let your own words stop you morph on Scotty

cjd01
udonmap.com

Post by cjd01 » June 5, 2020, 9:56 am

Hi Noosard
"Here in Australia, some epidemiologists have argued closing pubs and large gatherings was the right step but stopping people from sitting in parks or going to the beach was unnecessary and did little to stop the spread."

Here's the rub to me, In QLD the premier is saying she might not open the local borders until September , In Victoria the premier is about to allow a protest march of supposedly up to 50,000 after fining 10 boys for riding skate boards.
If 50,000 choose to protest the imposed lock downs would that be ok?

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » June 5, 2020, 9:59 am

The slight problem with this news story was it was wrong.

The commentator on Sky news said 'last week, 10 boys were fined $1600..."

The real story about this https://7news.com.au/news/victoria-poli ... --c-977158

They were fined 15th April when the lockdown was in full force, those lockdown rules were lifted 11th May.

There is little doubt that Murdoch's Sky news has once again lied to its viewers. These two events, occurred under two different set of laws.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

cjd01
udonmap.com

Post by cjd01 » June 5, 2020, 10:09 am

Current Victorian Covid 19 restrictions as of 24/05/20
Gatherings

Private gatherings increase to a total of 20 people in a house, including members of the household.
Public gatherings, both indoor and outdoor, will increase to 20.
Weddings increase to 20 people, plus the celebrant and the couple.
Both indoor and outdoor funerals increase to 50 people, plus people reasonably required to conduct the funeral.
Private worship or small religious ceremonies increase to up to 20 people plus people reasonably required for the ceremony.
The amended protest rules that you Yay Australia getting their proprieties right must be in fine print somewhere

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » June 5, 2020, 10:26 am

What has a change in the law on 24th of May got to do with fining boys on April 15.

The Sky reporter lied

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » June 5, 2020, 10:27 am

I reckon the Chinese and especially the people of Wuhan know something that westerner's and their government's don't when it comes to social-distancing.

http://m.china.org.cn/orgdoc/doc_1_29302_1643686.html

cjd01
udonmap.com

Post by cjd01 » June 5, 2020, 10:29 am

tamada wrote:
June 5, 2020, 10:27 am
I reckon the Chinese and especially the people of Wuhan know something that westerner's and their government's don't when it comes to social-distancing.

http://m.china.org.cn/orgdoc/doc_1_29302_1643686.html
Point taken

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » June 5, 2020, 11:45 am

The thing is that China did have a far more draconian lock down in Wuhan unlike anything that western governments could ever impose. As far as we know, and outside any argument about the veracity of"Chinese numbers" and allowing possibly infected people to depart internationally, they did appear to limit it to fewer locations nationally than one would expect for the densely populated eastern and southern part of the nation. Since Wuhan is agreed to be the epicenter, their lock down was a resounding success.

cjd01
udonmap.com

Post by cjd01 » June 5, 2020, 11:55 am

Here's left field
What if the vulnerable have been eliminated and it''s the herd immune that are left.
not a statement purely a question.

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » June 7, 2020, 1:49 pm

tamada wrote:
June 5, 2020, 11:45 am
The thing is that China did have a far more draconian lock down in Wuhan ... Since Wuhan is agreed to be the epicenter, their lock down was a resounding success.
And it's been noticed. It's a big big win in the propaganda war with the US and Europe.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » June 7, 2020, 1:56 pm

cjd01 wrote:
June 5, 2020, 11:55 am
Here's left field
What if the vulnerable have been eliminated and it''s the herd immune that are left.
What herd immunity, it doesn't exist. You might as well eat vanilla ice cream, it doesn't work either but tastes nice.

https://www.sciencealert.com/why-herd-i ... 9-pandemic

cjd01
udonmap.com

Post by cjd01 » June 7, 2020, 2:01 pm

Whistler wrote:
June 7, 2020, 1:56 pm
cjd01 wrote:
June 5, 2020, 11:55 am
Here's left field
What herd immunity, it doesn't exist. You might as well eat vanilla ice cream, it doesn't work either but tastes nice.

https://www.sciencealert.com/why-herd-i ... 9-pandemic
Opinions expressed in this article don't necessarily reflect the views of ScienceAlert editorial staff.

Return to “COVID-19/Corona Virus”