25 Of Almost 400 Thais Who Returned Home Rushed To Hospital With High Fever

Udon Map
Admin

25 Of Almost 400 Thais Who Returned Home Rushed To Hospital With High Fever

Post by Udon Map » May 26, 2020, 9:39 am

By: The Nation

Twenty-five of the 399 Thais who returned home on Monday (May 26) from Japan, South Korea and the Maldives were found to have high fever and rushed to hospital, Suvarnabhumi Airport deputy director Kittipong Kittikachorn said.

The Thais arrived on five flights at the airport.

“Some 175 Thais in Japan, who are mostly students and staff of the Japanese Embassy in Thailand, arrived from Tokyo on All Nippon Airways Flight NH847, THAI Flight TG643 and Japan Airlines Flight JAL31,” Kittipong said. “Preliminary screening found that 14 passengers had high fever and they were rushed to hospital, while the other 161 were transported to the government’s specified quarantine facilities in Bangkok and Pathum Thani.”

Another 78 Thais stranded in the Maldives flew in from Colombo, Sri Lanka, on Maldivian Airlines Flight Q2-9350. Immigration staff found that one had high fever so the person was immediately sent to a hospital in Samut Prakan province, while the rest were transported to quarantine facilities in Chon Buri.

The other group of Thais arrived from South Korea, touching down at Suvarnabhumi Airport at 9.45pm.

“Among 150 passengers who came back from Seoul, 10 were found to have high fever and were sent to hospital, while the rest were sent to three hotels in Bangkok to complete the mandatory 14-day quarantine,” Kittipong added.

As of May 25, Japan has reported 16,550 confirmed Covid-19 cases with 820 deaths, while South Korea has reported 11,206 cases and 267 deaths. Both have been praised by the international community for effectively handling the outbreak. Meanwhile, the Maldives has reported a relatively low number of confirmed cases – only 1,078 and four deaths.

Courtesy of The Nation
https://www.nationthailand.com/news/303 ... l_referral

Udon Map
Admin

Re: 25 Of Almost 400 Thais Who Returned Home Rushed To Hospital With High Fever

Post by Udon Map » May 26, 2020, 9:40 am

That's not going to help.

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » May 26, 2020, 10:26 am

So they stick them on the plane at the other end (Japan, South Korea, Maldives) knowing that they already have a fever?? or don't they bother to check those that they are repatriating :confused: :confused:

Its only around a six hour flight back to Thailand, so some of them must have been showing symptoms before they were allowed to embark.

pipoz4444
That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind.

the-monk
udonmap.com

Post by the-monk » May 26, 2020, 10:37 am

All the Thai National returnees are supoosed to (1) get a Fit-to-fly certificate from the local Thai Consulate/Embassy and (2) a medical certificate issued no more than 72 hours before departing time. These Thai-managed repatriation flights are for THAI Nationals Only
What went wrong ?
Regulations bypassed for Thai nationals ?
Yet foreigners with family in Thailand are denied such service. Another excuse to keep the Emergency decree.
Just wait and see. Prepare to be patient.

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » May 26, 2020, 11:09 am

Makes you wonder who and where they became in contact with the virus

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 26, 2020, 11:12 am

I doubt anybody's getting tested and issued a C19- free certificate. Not all Thai citizens can get anything from a Thai Embassy or Consulate either, ie. those returning from the Maldives. Thai citizens just need the "fit-to-fly" certificate. How that is acquired isn't known but I would assume that any airline repatriating any citizen of any country simply needs any passenger to pass a temperature check at check-in. Maybe that's where the 'certification' is done.

Assuming those returning from Korea flew on Thai Airways, that's only 2 flights from the 5 reported so no need to flog that dead horse, eh?

mickojak
udonmap.com

Post by mickojak » May 26, 2020, 11:14 am

How do you know that they have "THE" virus.
Could be anything.
Need to wait until testing is confirmed

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 26, 2020, 11:15 am

noosard wrote:
May 26, 2020, 11:09 am
Since the virus in now in every inhabited country, I would be wondering more on how the almost 375 other passengers were NOT infected.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » May 26, 2020, 11:28 am

tamada wrote:
May 26, 2020, 11:15 am
noosard wrote:
May 26, 2020, 11:09 am
Since the virus in now in every inhabited country, I would be wondering more on how the almost 375 other passengers were NOT infected.
If they were no infected before the flight, the plane is a perfect environment to spread the disease. Having said that, the whole lot are in quarantine, so a further outbreak should be avoided but only if the airport staff are also placed in isolation.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

mickojak
udonmap.com

Post by mickojak » May 26, 2020, 11:44 am

If they caught it on the plane they were not going to be sick a few hours later.

mech_401
udonmap.com

Post by mech_401 » May 26, 2020, 8:16 pm

and they won't allow farang husbands even
w/children to return . . . until july ? the xenophobia
is going over the top. playing that nationalism :-&

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » May 27, 2020, 1:40 am

Some context - on that score they're amateurs compared to Trump.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » May 27, 2020, 2:21 am

mech_401 wrote:
May 26, 2020, 8:16 pm
You're assuming 'July'. It's not 'xenophobia', to me at least. It's a matter of the country is playing it safe, unlike so many western countries whose priority is the economy not the well-being of the elderly (like most of us), homeless, poor. I'm marooned in the US on extended vacation......tried to come back in May, then June. Going to resked for July, but figure the odds of US citizens being allowed back then is slim to none.

mech_401
udonmap.com

Post by mech_401 » May 27, 2020, 2:37 am

they're repatriating sick thais but exceptions for
healthy expats with cleared medical certificates
who own condos or homes, possibly also have
wives/ children here can't be made. this is quite
different from slinging doors open to tourism .

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » May 27, 2020, 11:26 am

parrot wrote:
May 27, 2020, 2:21 am
mech_401 wrote:
May 26, 2020, 8:16 pm
You're assuming 'July'. It's not 'xenophobia', to me at least. It's a matter of the country is playing it safe, unlike so many western countries whose priority is the economy not the well-being of the elderly (like most of us), homeless, poor. I'm marooned in the US on extended vacation......tried to come back in May, then June. Going to rested for July, but figure the odds of US citizens being allowed back then is slim to none.
Agree, many countries are taking the same approach to who s permitted to reenter their borders at this time, whilst it is still a pandemic in other Countries. It's not 'xenophobia, it is simply allowing that Country to better control or get under control the virus, is their own backyard.

Lets be factual, many of the countries have suffered from this virus, because people bolted out of China in the early days, back to their safe haven second homes elsewhere or took a holiday from ............. to .............. and transported it across an open border, before any strict form of border controls were put in place. It took a long time for some Countries to realize the need for and importance for containment associated with border controls.

In the current world environment and or until such time as either a vaccine or some other way of suppressing the effects of the virus comes along, border control to various degrees, will remain in place and many of us "Castaways", will just have to live with that fact. Just ride out the wave for another 2 - 5 months and see where it goes for Thailand's border controls.

pipoz444
Last edited by pipoz4444 on May 27, 2020, 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 27, 2020, 11:33 am

I read this morning that a Thai official had commented that the last quarter of this year is the possible timescale to allow foreign nationals into Thailand .. and that depends on the country the visitor is traveling from.. plus a few other ideas about the criteria for those coming ... none of which makes good reading.

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

mech_401
udonmap.com

Post by mech_401 » May 27, 2020, 6:02 pm

oct-nov-dec you may well be correct . i've always
marvelled at how some thais can live for months
even years without income. this will be different :-s

Return to “COVID-19/Corona Virus”