Covid-19 no more lethal than FLU

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Re: Covid-19 no more lethal than FLU

Post by vincemunday » April 20, 2020, 8:40 am

You obviously didn’t read it or if you did you chose to ignore the seriousness it conveys, it isn’t just about turning off the machines, sorry to hear about your mum, that couldn’t have been easy.

The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

mickojak
udonmap.com

Post by mickojak » April 20, 2020, 8:45 am

Vince,
Thank for those words.

I do understand the seriousness og this virus, for the small percentage that have serious complications.

All, I'm saying is that because it is new, it is a big shock to the world and everyone is panicking.
But, in a few years time it will be just another flu that we will all be aware of, and deal with like all the rest,
It's just nature talking it's course.
The problem is that us humans think we control the world.
The truth is, we don't and never will.
Nature is far more powerful than us.
People need to let that sink in.

fatbob
udonmap.com

Post by fatbob » April 20, 2020, 8:51 am

vincemunday wrote:
April 20, 2020, 8:26 am
Mick, if someone offers up evidence from a man dressed up a a cartoon figure from Batman what do they expect? You don’t need qualifications to counter an argument about how serious this Covid virus is, all you have to do is go onto Google and see the first hand accounts of whats happening in real life from triage nurses and doctors, I value their opinion far, far more that fatbob or his clownfaced cartoon characters.
Try and watch and then comment, if you cannot watch it then your comments are meaningless as far as I'm concerned. Another here who try's to post what he believes people want to hear to be in the Umap boys club.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 20, 2020, 9:18 am

fatbob wrote:
April 20, 2020, 7:57 am
tamada wrote:
April 19, 2020, 7:46 pm
fatbob wrote:
April 19, 2020, 6:41 pm
Ayyadurai's undergraduate degree from MIT was in electrical engineering and computer science; he took a master's degree in visual studies from the MIT Media Laboratory on scientific visualization; concurrently, he completed another master's degree in mechanical engineering, also from MIT; and in 2007, he obtained a Ph.D. in biological engineering from MIT in systems biology, with his thesis focusing on modeling the whole cell by integrating molecular pathway models.[17][18][19] In 2007, he was awarded a Fulbright U.S. Student Program grant to study the integration of Siddha, a system of traditional medicine developed in South India, with modern systems biology.[20][17]
So he's an electrician? Could do with him in Udon, eh?
I was more interested in his biology qualifications, however you are entitled to your view if you think he is a fool. I think I know who is...
Nowhere did I suggest he's a fool. However, when it comes to some of his followers...

You're interested in Biology qualifications? Really? I have the Scottish Certificate of Education's Higher (A-level equivalent) in Biology with an "A" pass. I paid a LOT of attention in Biology classes and subsequently hung out in the 6th year girls locker room at lunch time doing experiments with Diane Cameron and Irene Clark. Most experiments were with Diane BTW while Irene watched the stairs... and listened.

I also have a degree in electronic engineering and watch Netflix.

Thusly, I can change lightbulbs (screw and bayonet) and can tell the difference between ---- and shinola.

Howdya like me now?

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 20, 2020, 9:19 am

mickojak wrote:
April 20, 2020, 8:19 am
Yes Bob,
A few on this site think they are the smartest people in the world.
Funny how their only contribution to the current world problem is to post on this website.

I would like to see a list of their qualifications that compare to Ayyadurai's.

But we know that won't happen.
We will only get their usual snide remarks, trying to make us think the're smart.

But we know better.
Mick
Sorry Mick, you have no clue.

mickojak
udonmap.com

Post by mickojak » April 20, 2020, 9:25 am

tamada wrote:
April 20, 2020, 9:19 am
Like all the big noters on this forum, you haven't met me, so how would you know?

jai yen yen
udonmap.com

Post by jai yen yen » April 20, 2020, 9:32 am

You can not compare this virus to the seasonal flu. The reason that many more have not died or become infected with this coronavirus is the extreme measures that have been taken to control it. Have you ever seen the world on lockdown over the flu, no. Never. This is a very deadly virus and we have yet to see to what extent the damage will be. Hopefully it will become like the flu and a vaccine and medication will be found to help control it, until then it would be very foolish to take this lightly.

fatbob
udonmap.com

Post by fatbob » April 20, 2020, 9:34 am

tamada wrote:
mickojak wrote:
Yes Bob,
Funny how their only contribution to the current world problem is to post on this website.

We will only get their usual snide remarks, trying to make us think the're smart.

But we know better.
Mick
Tamada, I never hear you say anything of importance, you seem to enjoy attacking the person without looking at the content, or being very selective to suit your negative agenda, that Dr was an electrician, you failed to look at his qualifications. You claim many have no clue and you have??? I'm looking at both sides of this, not just one side, you never made one comment about the content of any of those vids, not one, any one would think I made the video posted, it is merely on opinion which you would hope would open a discussion on the topic, not individual. Hopeless.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » April 20, 2020, 9:54 am

The guys has a great Academic background. However, despite that, he talks an awful lot of rubbish, and has a well documented personal history of being a *****
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 20, 2020, 10:03 am

mickojak wrote:
April 20, 2020, 9:25 am
tamada wrote:
Like all the big noters on this forum, you haven't met me, so how would you know?
Of course it's impossible to fully ascertain anyone's cluelessness with any degree of certainty having not met them personally but, this being an internet forum and the only thing we have to go on is what we type and what we read, then it's a bit of the proverbial no-brainer.

We're simply shooting the message (if any). Shooting the messenger is just so much collateral damage. Nothing should be taken personally. However, it does appear that the polite terminology such as "beg to differ" or "agree to disagree" is largely absent but more so from the conspiracy theorist's side of the 'debate'.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 20, 2020, 10:05 am

fatbob wrote:
April 20, 2020, 9:34 am
tamada wrote:
mickojak wrote:
Yes Bob,

But we know better.
Mick
Tamada, I never hear you say anything of importance, you seem to enjoy attacking the person without looking at the content, or being very selective to suit your negative agenda, that Dr was an electrician, you failed to look at his qualifications. You claim many have no clue and you have??? I'm looking at both sides of this, not just one side, you never made one comment about the content of any of those vids, not one, any one would think I made the video posted, it is merely on opinion which you would hope would open a discussion on the topic, not individual. Hopeless.
Your enduring concern for my rationale or perceived lack of it is quite endearing.

Ta
tam

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » April 20, 2020, 10:14 am

Infections
COVID-19: Approximately 2,345,633 cases worldwide; 735,287 cases in the U.S. as of Apr. 19, 2020.*

Flu: Estimated 1 billion cases worldwide; 9.3 million to 45 million cases in the U.S. per year.

Deaths
COVID-19: Approximately 161,262 deaths reported worldwide; 39,090 deaths in the U.S., as of Apr. 19, 2020.*

Flu: 291,000 to 646,000 deaths worldwide; 12,000 to 61,000 deaths in the U.S. per year.

https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/health/ ... vs-the-flu

Convid 19 has only had 2 months but with majorlockdown to try and stop it
If the world infection rate keeps climbing like it is at the moment
in 2 more months in will have 500k plus deaths and keep going up
Not many countries have slowed it enough to say it is under control
and no vaccine anytime soon unlike the flu

RLTrader
udonmap.com

Post by RLTrader » April 20, 2020, 10:17 am

Why a country is shut down with only 2765 cases and 47 dead most likely less than normal flu, makes little sense. Anyone have the numbers for pass 10 years?

Maybe a city shut down and screening incoming traffic makes sense, but the whole country makes very little sense.

I for one getting very tired of the subject.

fatbob
udonmap.com

Post by fatbob » April 20, 2020, 10:27 am

tamada wrote:
April 20, 2020, 10:05 am
fatbob wrote:
tamada wrote:
mickojak wrote:
Yes Bob,

But we know better.
Mick
Your enduring concern for my rationale or perceived lack of it is quite endearing.

Ta
tam
Still more of the same shitte...Not one comment from you on the thread topic, just personal attacks.
Last edited by fatbob on April 20, 2020, 10:33 am, edited 2 times in total.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 20, 2020, 10:30 am

With regard to shut downs and travel restrictions, why did Spain have such a bad experience while Portugal, right next door with a 1200 km land border didn't?
linear.jpg
Linear
And the the preferred way of presenting exactly the same statistics so that it appears that things are getting better.
log.jpg
Logarithmic

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » April 20, 2020, 10:40 am

It never ceases to amaze me how much utter claptrap is written by utter idiots in relation to this Virus. World renowned factual pieces from the John Hopkins Uni and the WHO, do nothing to deter some from writing trivia and rubbish . I amnot bothered about who got what qualification or for that matter who is intelligent or not, judging by the last one or two pages most of the rubbish is about the credentials of one or two people. WHO GIVES A DAMN ?
This p[ost is about whether Flu is lethal and also whether Covid 19 is deadlier, well international stats show that ion fact FLU is deadlier but as Covid 19 is NEW, DIFFERENT , the world went into panic mode.

Do try to read what is written about Flu as opposed to Covid 19 and put forward sound arguments or opinions relating to that . Not whether some idiot is qualified or not . You are all supposedly intelligent people although there are times whether I wonder if some of you have a fully functioning brain.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 20, 2020, 11:19 am

fatbob wrote:
April 20, 2020, 10:27 am
tamada wrote:
April 20, 2020, 10:05 am
fatbob wrote:
tamada wrote:
mickojak wrote:
Yes Bob,

But we know better.
Mick

Ta
tam
Still more of the same shitte...Not one comment from you on the thread topic, just personal attacks.
And yet you find yourself irresistibly drawn to comment over and over again on my 'shitte' and thus my frail sense of relevance here is bolstered immeasurably.

Return to “COVID-19/Corona Virus”