Worse than Corona Virus

cjd01
udonmap.com

Re: Worse than Corona Virus

Post by cjd01 » April 7, 2020, 12:35 pm

Couldn't agree more, I don't believe China is still being truthful, and in fact tried to say the virus was released into China by USA, let's pretend that's true, why did it take so long to alert the world of it's existence
maybe the silver lining if there can be one, is that countries go back to some self sufficiency especially medical basics

mickojak
udonmap.com

Post by mickojak » April 7, 2020, 12:41 pm

The whole world needs to start demanding products, "Not made in China"

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » April 7, 2020, 12:46 pm

Money will be the factor that decides who they deal with
The shareholders want

mickojak
udonmap.com

Post by mickojak » April 7, 2020, 1:04 pm

Money will be the factor that decides who they deal with
The shareholders want

It doesn't work that way.
No customers, no company, no shareholders.

The power is with all consumers if we want to take it up.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 7, 2020, 1:10 pm

Khun Paul wrote:
April 7, 2020, 11:01 am
If my memory serves me right, over the last couple of decades, we have had , Flu (annual event kills thousands globally ), Sars and Mers and H1N1, Hong Kong Flu , killing tens of thousands and YET not one business was shut, some may have been unemployed because of it but not the THOUSANDS currently .

Can anyone suggest a good reason why an illness CAUSED by a VIRUS like the aforementioned is making us shut down everything and committing economic Armageddon , I would really like to know, because for the life of me I fail to understand .
When I worked people had flu, I was not in quarantine , neither for any of the other aforementioned virus scares, but for this one OMG !!
I guess like myself and others here, you completely missed out on the Spanish flu.

This is not 'just the flu'.

I guess our kids and grand kids will eventually get to read all about the Covid-19 deniers in history lessons.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » April 7, 2020, 2:49 pm

anyone remember a few months ago some religious d/head got himself killed by a tribe on some island in the middle of nowhere?

Theres a reason they are isolated from the rest of the world, they have no immunity to even a mild cold germ and if one of them catches a cold, it will wipe out the whole tribe in a matter of weeks.

CV19 to us is like a mild cold germ to them

If you open everything up and let it spread the death rate WILL eclipse that of 1918 Spanish Flu and then the economy will be well and truly shagged with even less chance of some recovery

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » April 7, 2020, 3:22 pm

so the customer will pay double or triple the price for a product
rather than buy a similar product because it is made in china
that consumer is already short on cash due to no work

The western world already got rid of most their manufacturing due to the bottom line profits

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » April 7, 2020, 3:35 pm

I agree with the comments, however my point still stands, countries are committing financial suicide and it will take a long time to recover , when possible a more pragmatic approach could have been followed .

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » April 7, 2020, 3:59 pm

surprised nobody from the pharmaceutical industry and their shareholders hasnt yet suggested that every member of the world population takes a course of every available possible remedy.. Those that drop dead of side effects are just unfortunate collateral damage but those that recover can get back to work much quicker .......... and (added bonus) shares in the pharmaceutical industry would recover quickly

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » April 8, 2020, 9:59 am

noosard wrote:
April 7, 2020, 3:22 pm

The western world already got rid of most their manufacturing due to the bottom line profits
That is the point , we sold our souls to the devil .
Maybe now would be a good time to reclaim it . China does not play by the rules , plain and simple .
I just fail to understand why huge companies like Daimler Benz , BMW ,have to outsource many of their parts to China , other than for the bottom line .
Its not just manufacturing either is it .
Its more or less every thing , from interlectual property theft , to smuggling endangered species , and body parts , so they can get a hard on , to smuggling illegal timber from all corners of the world , illegal mining , building islands in the South China sea to intimidate their neighbours , having a contract with Britain over how Hong Kong will be managed , only to retract and say its just a piece of paper , their handling of the Muslims in the west of the county , currency manipulation .
Need i go on , like i said its everything , and effects everywhere .
Its all right saying things will be more expensive , but most of what they dump on the world is consumer crap that we dont really need and will have to be replaced in a short space of time , with more Chinese crap probably , because its cheap .
Where does the cycle end .
Im not a lover of Trump , but fair play to him , he stood up and told them enough , is enough .
Just a shame the rest of the worlds leaders dont have an ounce of his convictions when it comes to China .
They need reigning in , before its too late , and if your patio set cost more , so what . =; =;

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » April 8, 2020, 10:09 am

To stay in business the business has to be competive
If not another business will undercut
So all business cut costs as much as possible to make that profit margin increase
Cut wages including unpaying where they can get away with it
Import crap from sweat factories all over the world
Which use child labour if they can get away with it
Use of slave labour when they can get away with it

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » April 8, 2020, 10:32 am

noosard wrote:
April 8, 2020, 10:09 am
To stay in business the business has to be competive
If not another business will undercut
So all business cut costs as much as possible to make that profit margin increase
Cut wages including unpaying where they can get away with it
Import crap from sweat factories all over the world
Which use child labour if they can get away with it
Use of slave labour when they can get away with it
Yes , your right in a way , China probably is guilty of all those things also .
Your biggest resource in any responsible company is the workforce .
Dont treat them right , you deserve to go under .

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » April 8, 2020, 11:13 am

saint wrote:
April 8, 2020, 9:59 am
noosard wrote:
April 7, 2020, 3:22 pm

That is the point , we sold our souls to the devil .
Maybe now would be a good time to reclaim it . China does not play by the rules , plain and simple .
I just fail to understand why huge companies like Daimler Benz , BMW ,have to outsource many of their parts to China , other than for the bottom line .
Its not just manufacturing either is it .
Its more or less every thing , from interlectual property theft , to smuggling endangered species , and body parts , so they can get a hard on , to smuggling illegal timber from all corners of the world , illegal mining , building islands in the South China sea to intimidate their neighbours , having a contract with Britain over how Hong Kong will be managed , only to retract and say its just a piece of paper , their handling of the Muslims in the west of the county , currency manipulation .
Need i go on , like i said its everything , and effects everywhere .
Its all right saying things will be more expensive , but most of what they dump on the world is consumer crap that we dont really need and will have to be replaced in a short space of time , with more Chinese crap probably , because its cheap .
Where does the cycle end .
Im not a lover of Trump , but fair play to him , he stood up and told them enough , is enough .
Just a shame the rest of the worlds leaders dont have an ounce of his convictions when it comes to China .
They need reigning in , before its too late , and if your patio set cost more , so what . =; =;
Back when I started smoking as a young teenager, anything made in Japan was crap. That changed. Chinese products were crap......and you can still buy crap if you insist on going for the absolute cheapest price. But if you'd take a closer look at your TV, your smartphone, your power or kitchen tools, or my sophisticated $350 smartwatch......they're all made in China. If you want cheap Chinese products, go to the market along the Mekong in Nongkai. But my Honda lawnmower, no-name chainsaw, Honda weedwhacker, Samsung Note 8, multiple TVs, Philips blender, no-name toaster oven, or the Remington Rebel 16" chainsaw that I bought in Texas today for a meager $139......all made in China and all quality products, especially for the price. It used to be that if you bought a <100 baht tshirt in Thailand, it'd fall apart after a few washes. Now, you can buy a 50 baht tshirt at the weekly markets......and they keep on ticking wash after wash after wash. Even the 400 baht hand blower that I bought in Makro years ago to clean out the innards of my computer and other electronic gadgets works like a champ......and far cheaper than a 1800 baht Hitachi. If you want a cheap Chinese toaster, buy one in Big C for 200-300 baht and you'll get what you paid for. But if spend a few hundred baht more, you'll likely get a toaster that will serve you well for years.

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » April 8, 2020, 1:55 pm

So basically you agree with me . Theyve flooded the markets with cheap goods .
Quality is in the eye of the beholder , is it not .
Ive still got hand tools that belonged to my grandfather . Thats quality .

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » April 8, 2020, 8:48 pm

Youngsters live in a different world ,that 300b toaster is irrelevant. It's red, 3 months later they want blue to go with the new colours in their kitchen. people don't care about quality or how long it will last, they buy cheap crap and just throw it away .hip hip hooray for capitalism. Carefull what you wish for .because you just might get it
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » April 9, 2020, 12:05 am

For those who are so worried about the economies and their poor Billionaire friends ......... at least Chinas Billionaires appear to be still making obscene profits during the coronavirus outbreak

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RD56_q-b0lo

Return to “COVID-19/Corona Virus”