A little ray of sunshine from Australia

GT93
udonmap.com

Re: A little ray of sunshine from Australia

Post by GT93 » July 12, 2020, 1:20 am

That's the optimistic scenario. There might not be an effective vaccine for decades. We might be living with the risk reduction measures for donkey's years.

Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » July 14, 2020, 9:54 am

Qantas has cancelled all international flights apart from to NZ till March next year
Flights can be still booked thru Qantas but will be with partner airlines

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » July 14, 2020, 4:30 pm

NZ might soon be permitting flights to the Cook Islands with no quarantine at either end. Nearly as good as a winter holiday in Queensland. \:D/

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » July 15, 2020, 1:59 am

Hopefully that Krispy Kreme cloud has passed and isn't going to be repeated.

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » July 16, 2020, 3:05 pm

Jail time now an option for travellers from coronavirus hotspots caught lying at Queensland borders

People caught breaching coronavirus health restrictions could be sent to jail for up to six months, after harsher penalties were passed through Queensland Parliament.

The South Australian Government has announced fines of $1,000 for travellers from Victoria who refuse a coronavirus test on arrival in SA, as the state confirms its first COVID-19 case in more than two weeks.

Get serious

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » July 17, 2020, 9:59 am

Information is that the Aussie embassy are issuing extension letters for immigration.
Contact the embassy website or FB page for information.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » July 17, 2020, 2:35 pm

Barney wrote:Information is that the Aussie embassy are issuing extension letters for immigration.
Contact the embassy website or FB page for information.

Update
Sent an email mid this morning and received the embassy letter for Thai immigration at 2.30.

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » July 30, 2020, 9:44 am

Well looks like no sunshine on the east coast of Oz

Three teenagers who travelled from Victoria to Queensland and lied to police on their border forms have been branded “deceitful and deceptive” by Queensland Police

Queensland Police seized the phones of two of the teenagers and they are now being forensically analysed, according to a report from The Australian. Police took the phones over concerns the teens weren’t being honest with investigators about where they had been over an eight-day period.
$4000 fine each and face court probably when not infectious hopefully
12506738-3x2-large.jpg
Diana Lasu (L) and Olivia Winnie Muranga (R)
Named and shamed

Victorians who tested positive to coronavirus could not be located when members of the Australian Defence Force knocked on their door yesterday, Premier Daniel Andrews says.

Speaking at a press conference on Thursday morning, the Premier said a number of Victorians were at work.

“You cannot go to work if you are sick,” he said. “You simply can’t. All you will be doing is

spreading the virus and putting people at risk. And it’s not a matter of judgment, it’s not a matter of criticism.

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » July 30, 2020, 1:03 pm

They aren't flattering photos. Their mums and dads aren't going to be too thrilled about the lies and the fines.

It reads as if Victoria is in deep shxt. Perhaps they need to do what the Thais do and "detain" people testing positive. I expect Kiwis would behave pretty similarly to Victorians if we were in the same position. Cindy's magic only goes so far.

bluejets
udonmap.com

Post by bluejets » July 31, 2020, 7:21 am

Irresponsible ....seems they might think twice now as the law ups the charges to possible $13,000.00 fines and five years in the cooler for fraud.
Good riddance to the bunch of 'em.

https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/australi ... ailsignout

laksnrub
udonmap.com

Post by laksnrub » July 31, 2020, 11:06 am

Look like lady boys to me
Quality is best done first

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » August 1, 2020, 6:49 am

The courts need to dish out sentences that stop others from being dorks. That's one of our principal weak links in NZ. The NZ courts just can't be trusted to do this.

A woman in her 40s has pleaded guilty to breaking out of quarantine and it looks like she's going to be discharged without conviction because she hasn't any form. I'd love her to get 2 weeks in the klink or something similar. If people do as she has done, we risk billions of dollars in economic damage and millions of people being locked down for weeks (a catastrophic outcome).

trekkertony
udonmap.com

Post by trekkertony » August 1, 2020, 7:54 am

Until l saw their photo l had no idea that being positive to coronavirus made your lips swell.

bluejets
udonmap.com

Post by bluejets » August 1, 2020, 1:32 pm

trekkertony wrote:
August 1, 2020, 7:54 am
Until l saw their photo l had no idea that being positive to coronavirus made your lips swell.
Nah....it's a Pinocchio thing from telling porkies.....
Woodies get big noses.....
******* get a fat lip.

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » August 2, 2020, 3:09 pm

I stood on and broke my reading glasses this week. They were 6 years old and well past their use by date so there wasn't too much cussing. After I'd had my eyes tested, selected some frames and paid for them,the optometrist said it would be 3 weeks until I get them. :shock:

And then he said the lenses are made in Melbourne. Shxt. I wish it was Perth. I understand despite the stage 4 lock down in Melbourne, people still go to work in Melbourne. Is that right? Stage 4 in NZ means only essential workers are going to work.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » August 2, 2020, 3:56 pm

I was buying some stuff in Perth last year before heading back here and they said it was 10 days delivery from Queensland. I said wasn't their an air-fright option and she said, "Yes, that's it. Ten days."

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » August 2, 2020, 6:32 pm

Fingers crossed. Maybe 2021, will see a turning point

Extract:

Lead researcher Professor Nikolai Petrovsky said the vaccine candidate had been shown to be safe and to induce antibodies that attack the coronavirus that causes COVID-19.

"We've had no major side-effects in any of the subjects," said Professor Petrovsky.

That makes us more confident that this is actually going to work and that we might have a successful vaccine on our hands," he said.

If the vaccine candidate passes subsequent trials, it could be ready by year's end, he said.

"We can now test the vaccine in nursing home patients and show that it's effective in inducing the right type of immune responses and hopefully, ultimately, show that it's effective in preventing them getting infected," Professor Petrovsky said.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-08-01/ ... e/12514988

pipoz4444
That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind.

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » August 3, 2020, 2:12 am

It seems too many people didn't observe the restrictions under level 3 in Melbourne for it to be successful. So level 4 perhaps became necessary. Of course, it might be that the virus is so contagious that level 3 was never going to be successful by the time Melbourne was put into level 3. Governments are trying to work these things out.

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » August 3, 2020, 3:53 am

Its a shame really ,it was looking good for a while
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » August 3, 2020, 11:02 am

So, for 2 months from late April to late June you have under 20 No new cases being recorded for most days, with many days reporting under 10 No new cases a day, and presumably all of these new cases being quarantined. So what or who triggered the spike in new cases/spread in the last week of June.

There doesn't seem to be much explanation by the Victorian Government as to the potential/likely reason behind this "Outbreak", after almost two months of relative calm (other than that indicated by the BBC News in the Link below).

https://www.google.com/search?q=covid+1 ... e&ie=UTF-8

Extract: Initially, Mr Andrews pinpointed the origin of many infections to security guards who reportedly broke lockdown rules while overseeing hotel quarantines.

Health experts say the relaxation of rules, complacency on social distancing and sheer bad luck have all contributed to Victoria's rise in cases.

Now Mr Andrews says the current rate of community transmission - including "mystery cases" that cannot be traced back to work or home - is far too high.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-53627038

pipoz4444
That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind.

Return to “COVID-19/Corona Virus”