Re: A little ray of sunshine from Australia

Post by jackspratt » April 14, 2020, 7:11 pm

noosard wrote:
April 14, 2020, 7:08 pm
wasn't hard jack

just so it wont hurt to much those are whistlers statements

confused still have a beer
Thanks for the update, noos.

While I'm having the beer, I will try to work out how difficult is is to use the "Quote" function.

Would you like to join me?

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » April 14, 2020, 7:12 pm

Noosard, enjoy your Chang, but FCS turn off the internet
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » April 15, 2020, 6:33 am

Would you like to join me?

you live a bit far away but if out your way wouldnt say no

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » April 15, 2020, 6:35 am

Noosard, enjoy your Chang, but FCS turn off the internet

dont drink after dinner as for the internet it just gets left on MYB

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Post by Bandung_Dero » April 15, 2020, 11:13 am

Ya gotta love this, wonder how many more of these idiots will try the same thing? [-X

"Coronavirus hoarder tries to return $10,000 worth of goods to Adelaide supermarket"

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-04-15/ ... s/12149548
Sent from my 1977 Apple II using 2 Heinz bake bean cans and piano wire!

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » April 15, 2020, 1:52 pm

Perhaps a real ray of sunshine.

https://www.csiro.au/en/News/News-relea ... IcfjD-Nsgc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » April 15, 2020, 5:02 pm

Barney wrote:
April 15, 2020, 1:52 pm
Perhaps a real ray of sunshine.

https://www.csiro.au/en/News/News-relea ... IcfjD-Nsgc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Good article Mr Rubble. Thanks
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » April 16, 2020, 6:37 am

Hoard TP and sanitiser

I want a refund on 150 x 36 TP and 150 x 1 litre sanitiser customer gets no money just the middle finger [-X \:D/ =; :fryingpan: :fryingpan:
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse
In my posts all fees and requirements are the standard R&R but TIT and a brown envelope can make incredible changes YMMV.

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » April 16, 2020, 11:42 am

STWW

There should be a law against individuals who are deliberately Hoarding in times of disaster and or crisis like this.

Likewise there should be one against all those who go into the shops and strip it of Baby Powder and other necessity Products in time of crisis or shortage. Some of these C..ts are simply doing it for profiteering and then proceed to send it overseas to sell at a higher price. But Australia is too soft and doesn't have laws to prevent or deter this practice. [-( :-k

If caught during times like this, people such as this they should be jailed, stripped of their visa and deported or all three, whatever fits. Practices like this, hoarding and stripping to then export & sell, are not much different from Looting. I might be wrong, but in the old days, it was probably legal to shoot those who Looted. =; =;

https://www.news.com.au/finance/busines ... 6d5a42e452

Unfortunately, Australia like may other countries is run by a bunch of democratic Soft Cocks (Public Servants & Politicians) who will not put the appropriate laws and or deterrents in place, and if they manage to have a law that fits the Courts will not properly enforce them. Buy the way I am referring to both sides of the Political aisle, where many Governments now tend to pander to minority groups and are somewhat afraid to upset them, whether it be for their views or creed, rather than considering what is best for the the mainstream of the population. =D> =D>

If you gave this guy (the one in your Link) 2 years in Jail, most in Australia would say "Good on you", but their would be a number of the "politically correct A.. Holes" and those "go save the World F..k wits", that would always object. These are just people who always need a "Cause" to fill the void in their mundane lives. :-k :-k

Australia like other countries, need to get their act back together and focus on what is good for the majority of the Australian population, those who abide by the law, respect the norms of others in times of crisis and those who actually go to work to support the economy. For too long we have become a country of Welfare and protection of a few, heading down the same road as New Zealand. I am not looking to offend any Kiwi's, but your JA is a disgrace to the hard working Kiwi.

Just my 2 cents worth. "You can throw rocks at me, but they bounce off these days" :lol: :lol: :lol:

pipoz4444
That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind.

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » April 16, 2020, 1:02 pm

I agree
But both Oz and kiwi land are on the same road
with the panders
images (12).jpg
images (12).jpg (10.39 KiB) Viewed 1883 times

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » April 16, 2020, 1:26 pm

pipoz4444 wrote:
April 16, 2020, 11:42 am
STWW

There should be a law against individuals who are deliberately Hoarding in times of disaster and or crisis like this.

Likewise there should be one against all those who go into the shops and strip it of Baby Powder and other necessity Products in time of crisis or shortage. Some of these C..ts are simply doing it for profiteering and then proceed to send it overseas to sell at a higher price. But Australia is too soft and doesn't have laws to prevent or deter this practice. [-( :-k

If caught during times like this, people such as this they should be jailed, stripped of their visa and deported or all three, whatever fits. Practices like this, hoarding and stripping to then export & sell, are not much different from Looting. I might be wrong, but in the old days, it was probably legal to shoot those who Looted. =; =;

https://www.news.com.au/finance/busines ... 6d5a42e452

Unfortunately, Australia like may other countries is run by a bunch of democratic Soft Cocks (Public Servants & Politicians) who will not put the appropriate laws and or deterrents in place, and if they manage to have a law that fits the Courts will not properly enforce them. Buy the way I am referring to both sides of the Political aisle, where many Governments now tend to pander to minority groups and are somewhat afraid to upset them, whether it be for their views or creed, rather than considering what is best for the the mainstream of the population. =D> =D>

If you gave this guy (the one in your Link) 2 years in Jail, most in Australia would say "Good on you", but their would be a number of the "politically correct A.. Holes" and those "go save the World F..k wits", that would always object. These are just people who always need a "Cause" to fill the void in their mundane lives. :-k :-k

Australia like other countries, need to get their act back together and focus on what is good for the majority of the Australian population, those who abide by the law, respect the norms of others in times of crisis and those who actually go to work to support the economy. For too long we have become a country of Welfare and protection of a few, heading down the same road as New Zealand. I am not looking to offend any Kiwi's, but your JA is a disgrace to the hard working Kiwi.

Just my 2 cents worth. "You can throw rocks at me, but they bounce off these days" :lol: :lol: :lol:

pipoz4444
Theres nothing wrong with saving the world . Last time i checked , we only have one .

I agree with you regards the Libtards , but unfortunately its not just Oceana that suffers these fools .
They are everywhere , looking for the next great cause .
Been happening in Europe for longer than i want to remember .
Liberalism and political correctness are destroying the world as we knew it .
Dont know when or how it started , but it just seems to get more ridiculous by the day .

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » April 16, 2020, 2:22 pm

Liberalism and political correctness are destroying the world as we knew it .
Dont know when or how it started , but it just seems to get more ridiculous by the day .
Yes....... just getting worse and worse. :D

jackspratt wrote:
April 14, 2020, 1:16 pm
A further ray of sunshine - which will be sure to please the likes of vince, Alex, pipo and joudon - is that Australians seem to be embracing the progressive views of the Guardian more and more, flocking to their online newspaper. :D
Guardian Australia doubles audience to become fourth most popular news site in the country

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2020/ ... he-country
For those who bothered to read the whole story I linked, you may have noted that that other lefty libtard bastion, the ABC, has tipped Murdoch's muck from top spot.

Another ray of sunshine. \:D/
Last edited by jackspratt on April 16, 2020, 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » April 16, 2020, 2:26 pm

pipoz4444 wrote:

These are just people who always need a "Cause" to fill the void in their mundane lives. :-k :-k
For some, filling the void seems to be achieved by writing 400+ word rants. ;)

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » April 16, 2020, 2:31 pm

Thanks jack
didnt know there was Guardian Australia news
I had theguardian.com bookmarked

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » April 16, 2020, 3:36 pm

jackspratt wrote:
April 16, 2020, 2:26 pm
pipoz4444 wrote:

These are just people who always need a "Cause" to fill the void in their mundane lives. :-k :-k
For some, filling the void seems to be achieved by writing 400+ word rants. ;)
No I actually get paid very well, to sit here and write my responses =D> =D> :lol: :lol: I am paid for each Word =D>

But then again, for someone who has to quote the Guardian as a source? it begs the question :-k :-k

pipoz4444
That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » April 16, 2020, 4:17 pm

Pip. The issue of hording has been in Australia for a couple of years now and has been totally ignored by the politicians, it just came into greater public view with this toilet paper crap if you can pardon my pun.

Organised crime has stolen or used 'daigou' to raid supermarkets on an industrial sale. The target has been mostly baby formula which is in very high demand in China. Australian baby formulas fetch top dollar (or shall I say top RMB) in China as it is perceived as being of very high quality.

These gangs bus dozens of Chinese to large supermarkets, they strip the shelves leaving other consumers unable to buy these products. Its been going on for about three years but the pollies have done zip.

The supermarket chains have the legal right to limit sales of products to so many units per shopper, but for some unknown reason (I am sure they are not profit driven) fail to take action.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » April 16, 2020, 5:12 pm

noosard wrote:
April 16, 2020, 2:31 pm
Thanks jack
didnt know there was Guardian Australia news
I had theguardian.com bookmarked
My pleasure. :D

In the top right corner of any Guardian online page, there is a dropdown box, which enables you to choose from 4 editions:

- Oz
- UK
- USA
- International

each of which naturally has a different emphasis.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » April 16, 2020, 6:15 pm

There is a wonderful policy in a supermarket. They have no limits on any product.

That sounds rather counterproductive doesn’t it?

How ever if you buy more than usual, an example is hand sanitiser usual is 1, the extra are not the same price,

1 bottle is a little under €5.00, normal price, the second bottle is about €105.00
It is not surprising that few if any people try to hoard.
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse
In my posts all fees and requirements are the standard R&R but TIT and a brown envelope can make incredible changes YMMV.

Return to “COVID-19/Corona Virus”