pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Re: A little ray of sunshine from Australia

Post by pipoz4444 » April 10, 2020, 12:05 am

Sky news from Australia. Fair dinkum Aussie \:D/ =D> =D>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQpw9LDrY-k

aussie-alphabet-fair-dinkum-four-y.png

pipoz4444

That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » April 10, 2020, 9:37 am

Sky News Australia - owned by Murdoch, so as you might imagine, an Okkerised version of the execrable Fox News.

As for Chris Smith, the charming presenter of this little video - it appears he is a criminal, as well as a serial pervert:
While working on A Current Affair in 1994, Smith was found to have forged the signature of Nine's corporate lawyer Jane Marquard to have a prisoner released from Mulawa Detention Centre for an interview. Smith was later charged by police and admitted forging the signature. Smith was suspended for almost a year while the criminal investigation was carried out. He was sentenced to serve two years in prison, suspended for two years.

In the late 1990s, while working at A Current Affair, Smith attended an office farewell party for Mike Willesee Jnr. It was alleged Smith exposed himself to a number of female employees. Two of them reported the incident, demanding an apology. Reportedly it was laughed off by program management who backed Smith. The two women complained to Nine Network management before action against Smith was investigated. Smith was dismissed two weeks later. Both women left A Current Affair amid talk of sizeable payouts and non-disclosure agreements. It was quite a fall for Smith

In 2009, Smith was suspended indefinitely from his role at the Macquarie Radio Network, following an incident at a 2GB party where he exposed himself to several women at the party, attempted to kiss a female colleague and indecently assaulted Network 10 journalist and meteorologist..........

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Smith_(broadcaster)
Hardly a ray of sunshine. [-(

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » April 10, 2020, 10:01 am

Security guards have reportedly been told not to wear their face masks at Perth hotels being used for quarantine because of guest concerns.

Security union the United Workers Union, said “distressed” members were asked to remove their masks because they were “upsetting and intimidating” guests.

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » April 10, 2020, 10:03 am

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 10, 2020, 10:09 am

noosard wrote:
April 10, 2020, 10:01 am
Security guards have reportedly been told not to wear their face masks at Perth hotels being used for quarantine because of guest concerns.

Security union the United Workers Union, said “distressed” members were asked to remove their masks because they were “upsetting and intimidating” guests.
I reckon that's a prime candidate for my "For Crying Out Loud..." thread.

But for now, I will only say F F S !

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » April 10, 2020, 12:39 pm

goes with wtf

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » April 10, 2020, 4:06 pm

Whistler wrote:Seems Barney was happy enough to drop his **** post on this site then scurry back under his rock, he has been on the forum a few times but wont disclose where this misinformation comes from. If it is from an Australian site, the authors deserve to be exposed and hopefully prosecuted. Well done Barney, I hope you are proud of yourself.
I know whistler you didn’t end the last statement with a question mark, but, Yes I am and I try to be proud of most things I do in life. It’s called trying to be a good leader and mentor.
Don’t worry I have no need or desire to show where any of the info came from. It’s wasn’t the point. But you could not see that.

I find it intriguing how the mind of some people performs, (especially during the Carona shutdown where normal mental outlets are not available and stress levels on the mind may be reaching a tipping point), when confronted with something that they feel is absolutely wrong in their insular thinking on a certain subject. Take my post.
A simple photo of a question and some stats with a 3rd item talking of a medical cure or immunization.
It may be correct or it may not be, but to the non expanded thinking
mind of some who have no inclination to look at something openly or thoughtfully which may have a number of different to their own.
An inability to step back and examine the info before playing to their itchy trigger finger and going for their 6 gun and shooting what may only be a messenger. That quick draw reaction may show some type of character flaw. But then again it may not highlight a character flaw and just shows that person for who he is and how the individuals mind is wired, nothing can change that.

Now to the above personal post to me from whistler.
Now here is a man that has tried to show his superior intellect for some time on UM and clearly has a know it all mind for all subjects. Well at least with his computer skills be bf able to delve deep into the dark net. He proves this each day with posts and opinions or info on all subjects that he thinks make the world go round. Very sad to see someone who only has his computer to relate his life. The amount of time he spends on the computer must be a god send to the missus. Mine at times wishes I would do that. I’m sure he is at least a 30 word per minute typist with how quick he can fire off his replies. But he does contradicts himself at time. Telling others how wrong it is to “not throw personal insults” and “not to play the man”, actually he has mentioned these in a few posts. But here he is skipping down the bullying track using what can now be seen to be a spiteful intellect to try and bully me into a reply, more than once is bullying. Hope you have that bullying paragraph in your new companies equal opportunity policy. I’m sure that your angry mind over a few days was working overtime on how to respond if I did reply. You will deny this and it is only to be expected.
You proclaim to be an IT guy for 50 plus years and have been encouraged out of retirement to assist in starting a new company aseell as name dropping by having the ear of an immunologist of unknown repute. I hope it all goes well with your new data collection software. I’m sure you will be able to dazzle us with leading and lagging stats for many years to come.
I have been using leading lagging stats for years and we never give one thought to the person or persons who invented the software. It’s only numbers.
Yes I will continue down that same line in my life thinking nothing of the insignificant software genius.
Any way back to your 2 screen computer now and as your advised with a personal message, so nicely I might put, I have now scuttled back under my rock and relaxing each day knowing I am happy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 10, 2020, 4:22 pm

^ Strewth Narelle! Who would have thought that they had such huge bloody handbags downundah, eh?

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » April 10, 2020, 5:03 pm

Hi Barney

You could have used a more appropriate Australian saying in your response, like "Go fu..k yourself" \:D/ \:D/ =D> loosely translated as "Shut the Fu..k up". ;) ;) which, would have saved all that work by your fingers. :lol: :lol:

But, I know you are a Gentleman. =D> =D> T

Cheers

Phil

mickojak
udonmap.com

Post by mickojak » April 10, 2020, 5:06 pm

pipoz4444 wrote:
April 10, 2020, 5:03 pm
Hi Barney

You could have used a more appropriate Australian saying in your response, like "Go fu..k yourself" loosely translated as "Shut the Fu..k up". which, would have saved all that work by your fingers.

But, I know you are a Gentleman. T

Cheers

Phil
I agree.
Gold.

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » April 10, 2020, 5:14 pm

Or better still, just an image. A picture say a 1000 words

Salute to Dirtbags.jpg

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » April 10, 2020, 5:28 pm

Love it Barney,

About as dumb a post as one could possibly contemplate. It only numbers, do you revel in your own ignorance?

Post nonsense and claim you are looking at things from a different angle.

nonsense is nonsense, no matter how you wish to frame it.

When I see ridiculous, plainly inaccurate posts, I will call them out despite the bleatings of the silly sods that post it
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » April 10, 2020, 9:28 pm

pipoz4444 wrote:
April 10, 2020, 5:14 pm
Or better still, just an image. A picture say a 1000 words

Salute to Dirtbags.jpg
Pip or pipsqueak? I think the latter.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » April 11, 2020, 1:02 pm

Our number of new cases over the past week have been down, as below.

The last 3 days have been under 100 No new cases, which is down significantly from the 460 No new cases on 28 March and the 276 no on 02 April. What difference, 2 weeks in the life of Covid 19 can make, if the new daily case numbers stay as they are, under 100 per day and reducing even further. [-o< [-o<

05 Sun 143
06 Mon 107
07 Tues 119
08 Wed 105
09 Thurs 85
10 Fri 96
11 Sat 79

In the link below it shows Australia's comparison in Trend, to South Korea, Taiwan, Singapore and Japan. It would appear that Australia is heading down the same patch as South Korea and or Taiwan, with regards to its future trend, which can only be a good thing. \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ =D>

It also states in the Link that some 2,987 people have recovered and that 3,242 confirmed cases still Active, Australia is starting to gain balance been Active Cases and Recovered Cases. This too is a good sign \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

Millennials 1981 to 1996: For some reason it shows that people aged 20-29 have the greater percentage of cases. Possibly the younger generation didn't take it as seriously as the older generations. [-X [-X

Young & Old Age Groups: It also confirms 57 No Cases, in under 10 year old's and 167 No Cases, in under 10-19 year old's. Strangely the over 80 years old is the same with only 168 No Cases, possibly more wise, less social interaction and no sex. :lol: :lol:

Sources of Infection: Interesting that 70%of the cases are deemed from Overseas?? :-k :-k I bet they (the Australian Government) regret like many countries, not having put in tighter/more stringent Border Controls, more quickly, on those people returning to Australia from overseas and or those travelling to Australian from overseas for whatever reason. :-k :-k [-X [-X

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-03-17/ ... a/12060704

pipoz4444

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » April 14, 2020, 5:37 am

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-04-14/ ... s/12140878

Now this is a ray of sunshine
Hope other countries will read and do likewise if have not done already

mickojak
udonmap.com

Post by mickojak » April 14, 2020, 5:47 am

And all of this, (and possibly more that we don't know about), has been going on behind the scenes, quietly, no hoo ha, no bravado, just business as usual.

Now, that's the Australian way.

Great effort by all involved from top to bottom.

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » April 14, 2020, 10:57 am

Yes and another positive over the last 3 days with the number of new cases =D> =D> =D>
12 Apr Sun 33
13 Apr Mon 44
14 Apr Tues 49

Last Sunday 05 the number was 143, so positive signs \:D/ \:D/ One can only hope it gets better and better

Our Recovered Case are 3,141 No and our Active Case are 3,192 No. This has to be a benchmark for indicating the the Countries stability. Two weeks from now you would expect the number of Recovered cases to be close on 5,700 and the number of active cases to be 633 + 400 (maybe new ones detected between 15 - 30 April 2020).

And I would expect that all the Active cases have been identified through our testing programme and so isolated

The 1st May is a public holiday in Australia, and I suspect they will re open, most everything, for business before then

pipoz4444
Last edited by pipoz4444 on April 20, 2020, 8:40 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » April 14, 2020, 11:47 am

Testing, isolation, enforcement, public acceptance, preparedness. I think we might see Australia getting back to work faster than most of the developed world. Effective strategies can work. The way to beat this menace.

Infection rates down, death rate very low.

You don't have the Australian PM going on TV everyday, boring the bejesus out of the public with immature, narcissistic rants, re-writing history, blaming everybody, petty name calling, all from a failed executive branch.

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » April 14, 2020, 11:49 am

Another ray of sunshine and it may only be me with my limited interest in the current sensationalist media.
But those labour insignificants, I only say that because of the smashing they took last election, have been very quiet.
Last significant piece I remember of albanes’s advice was to give the ABC more money. It was not even worth much comment by all and just left to stand as a beacon of his..... hard to find a word.
I think his left masters told him to pull your head in muppet.
Shorten will be planning something against him.
But while the LNP government are pushing ahead and trying to solve all of this the lefty’s in labor and we must include the greens will be sitting back imploding, because they are not on any major Carona think tank groups, and hatching their planned assault on our senses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » April 14, 2020, 12:05 pm

Barney,

Did you forget to take your pill this morning, calm down petal.

Election in March 2019 was a very narrow win to the coalition. Morrison squeaked in because labor's campaign was pathetic with Shorten adding to that by being personally very unpopular. If Albo had been leader, I suspect labor would have won.

Shorten is planning nothing, his backers including the NSW Right wing has been flattened, he has not power base anymore.

Winning by a couple of seats is by no ways a smashing.

Return to “COVID-19/Corona Virus”