A little ray of sunshine from Australia

tamada
udonmap.com

Re: A little ray of sunshine from Scotland

Post by tamada » August 6, 2020, 2:36 pm

After last week's wee cluster at the Hawthorn pub in Aberdeen city, the case count has skyrocketed to 54 and they're not even sure if it's even the same cluster now. The city is now in 7-day lockdown. My pal lives 25 miles from Aberdeen but just confirmed that there's been a further three +ve cases in small towns and villages about 18 miles outside Aberdeen and the nearest only 5 miles from his place.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-53666665

As little as a few days ago, Scotland's First Minister had recently commented how she was deeply saddened at the sights of customers queuing to get into bars after they reopened on 15th July. Looks like they were all good for the first couple of weeks but went full -------- after the "It's been 14-days and naebudy's deid yet" period expired.

Here's her latest daily briefing on the matter.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_ ... q&d=w&vh=e

Barney
udonmap.com

Re: A little ray of sunshine from Australia

Post by Barney » August 11, 2020, 6:58 am

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » August 11, 2020, 7:24 am

^ They're going the wrong way. Tassie is God's country.

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » August 11, 2020, 11:03 am

tamada wrote:^ They're going the wrong way. Tassie is God's country.
Tassie is closed as well.
But the Bass Strait crossing on a raft would be adventurous for the Vic’s.
Well a bit harder than a rubber ducky from France to a beach in Britain.

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » August 11, 2020, 11:12 am

‘He’s choking me!’: Distressing mask arrest
Distressing video has emerged of a Victoria Police officer grabbing a young woman by the throat as she screams, “He’s choking me!

Arrested for failing to give id stopped for failing to wear a mask
Not charged for failing to wear mask as maybe be exempt

Face coverings mandatory for all of Victoria
From 11:59pm on Sunday 2 August, face coverings will also be mandatory for all of Victoria.

The same lawful exemptions that currently apply in metropolitan Melbourne and Mitchell Shire, will apply across Victoria. These include if you have a medical condition or other condition that impairs your ability to wear a face covering, doing strenuous exercise or if you are unable to do your job while wearing a face covering.

Wearing a face covering protects you and your community by providing an additional physical barrier to coronavirus (COVID-19).

People who do not wear face coverings and do not have a lawful excuse can be fined $200.

Exempt because strenuous exercise ie fighting with police

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » August 11, 2020, 2:20 pm

Are Tony Abbott (28th) and Andrew Bolt already verbally bashing the refugees?
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » August 12, 2020, 1:49 am

I woke up this morning and learned nearly all Auckland businesses must close from 10.30 am today. Some reports say noon. Cindy doesn't muck around. She only found out about some community transmission at 4 pm yesterday. For now outside Auckland the restrictions are considerably less. Masks are currently only highly recommended. They might be mandatory from midday.

I was at a central city bar last night. Not the place to be if there's a bit of Covid around. Anyway in the bar I saw the Green MP who said the "OK boomer" line at a heckler in NZ's Parliament. She's done very well in her first term as a MP. She looks to be going places in politics. She was drinking beer. Parliament dissolves today because of our election next month.

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » August 12, 2020, 2:29 am

Great. Now get us up-to-date with Australia.
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » August 12, 2020, 10:41 am

Laan Yaa Mo wrote:
August 12, 2020, 2:29 am
Great. Now get us up-to-date with Australia.
Northern Territory borders closed ‘for the next 18 months’

The Northern Territory border will remain closed for at least another 18 months from Tuesday, with the closure remaining indefinite for Victoria.

Chief Minister Michael Gunner said the ban on people from Victoria and Greater Sydney could remain for more than a year – with extra police and health officials to be recruited to beef up land and airport border measures.

“We will have hard border controls in place for at least the next 18 months,” he told the ABC on Tuesday. ...

Mr Gunner has been accused of politicising the COVID-19 crisis to retain government for Territory Labor. But he pushed back on that on Tuesday.

“This is the biggest issue in the world. It’s the biggest issue confronting our country. It’s the biggest issue gripping the Northern Territory,” he said.

“We’re in the middle of a declared public health emergency.”

He described the 18-month timeline as “conservative”, and said the Territory was much more likely to add places to its banned list than ease restrictions.

“There’s no community transmission in Western Australia, there’s no public health risk there – you’re currently welcome to the Northern Territory. But if there is a hot spot there, we will declare it and close you out,” he said.

The NT election is on August 22.

https://thenewdaily.com.au/news/state/n ... rs-closed/

There, happy now?

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » August 12, 2020, 11:32 am

This doesn't look good for flights into and out of Australia over the next 6 months

It looks like where ever we are in this World, we will be bunkered down until the end of this year,if not into part of 2021

pipoz4444
That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind.

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » August 12, 2020, 2:44 pm

May be longer. I can't see many countries wanting travellers from say the US for ages. Americans are notoriously non-compliant with public health safeguards.

What's the feeling on these border closures in Oz? I suspect they're supported in the safer states and territories.

Cindy did the right thing locking Auckland down sooner rather than later. Cindy and NZers have been closely following Victoria. There's at least one Kiwi epidemiologist working in Melbourne so we get great commentary from someone also very familiar with NZ.

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » August 14, 2020, 3:16 pm

This was what I was curious about:

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-n ... -rivalries

Not as dopey as the British tribalists. :lol: OK, Clive Palmer is the exception.

We now have 12 more days of lock down in Auckland. I'm back washing my hands a lot as I imagine folks are doing in parts of Oz. The lock down here is going to badly disrupt the political campaigning. It causes a big problem because the Prime Minister is centre stage every day managing the Covid 19 situation. The Opposition has to say something outrageous to get much traction.

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » August 14, 2020, 4:40 pm

GT93 wrote:
August 14, 2020, 3:16 pm

Not as dopey as the British tribalists. :lol: OK, Clive Palmer is the exception.

We now have 12 more days of lock down in Auckland. I'm back washing my hands a lot as I imagine folks are doing in parts of Oz. The lock down here is going to badly disrupt the political campaigning. It causes a big problem because the Prime Minister is centre stage every day managing the Covid 19 situation. The Opposition has to say something outrageous to get much traction.
So the Aussies can't fly from Australia this Christmas and if State border closures persist along with the odd lock down or two, then it looks like most Aussie men will be spending Xmas day down at the Local Pub, playing the Pokies and standing 2 meters apart. =D> =D> What else to do, unless you want to spend a day with the Missus, listening to her.

pipoz4444

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » August 14, 2020, 7:55 pm

pipoz4444 wrote:
August 14, 2020, 4:40 pm
GT93 wrote:
August 14, 2020, 3:16 pm

So the Aussies can't fly from Australia this Christmas and if State border closures persist along with the odd lock down or two, then it looks like most Aussie men will be spending Xmas day down at the Local Pub, playing the Pokies and standing 2 meters apart. =D> =D> What else to do, unless you want to spend a day with the Missus, listening to her.

pipoz4444
What is it about Aussie bashing? Does it make the adopters of this sad affliction feel superior? A peculiar British phenomena possibly based on an superior/inferior sense of self worth. Being British born, it makes me squirm with embarrassment.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » August 14, 2020, 8:32 pm

I suspect pipoz's observation is more a reflection of his own history, rather than what is/will be happening on the ground in Oz in 4 months time.

For myself, I am still 50/50 confident that limited air travel will be available by then.

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » August 14, 2020, 10:27 pm

jackspratt wrote:
August 14, 2020, 8:32 pm
I suspect pipoz's observation is more a reflection of his own history, rather than what is/will be happening on the ground in Oz in 4 months time.

For myself, I am still 50/50 confident that limited air travel will be available by then.
You can suspect all you like JS, but I didn't need to go to the local pub to get my jollies in life. [-X

As to flying out of Australia to Thailand this year, good luck trying and yes keep your hopes up, but it ain't going to happen for the average Joe Blow tourist. We are not talking about Politicians here, unless you are one?

It may happen for the Person who manages to get an exemption to leave from the Australian Government, but then he/she still has to cross the threshold to get into Thailand. Good luck with both ends on your "limited travel", theory. :-k

pipoz4444

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » August 15, 2020, 7:28 pm

Now here’s a ray of sunshine from Aussie

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » August 15, 2020, 7:56 pm

Barney wrote:
August 15, 2020, 7:28 pm
Now here’s a ray of sunshine from Aussie

Hi Barney

My grandfather told me that you cannot trust a man who ears are lower (i.e. the top of the ears) than his eyes.
Have a look at the ears on Albanese, they are slightly lower and flat at the top (the left one is), whereas Morrison's point upwards :-k :-k

pipoz4444

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » August 15, 2020, 8:03 pm

pipoz4444 wrote:
August 15, 2020, 7:56 pm

My grandfather told me that you cannot trust a man who ears are lower (i.e. the top of the ears) than his eyes.
Ah!..... genetics.

That explains a lot. :D

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » August 15, 2020, 8:44 pm

jackspratt wrote:
August 14, 2020, 8:32 pm

Limited is the right wording
real travel maybe by mid year 2021 if lucky

Return to “COVID-19/Corona Virus”