A little ray of sunshine from Australia

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Re: A little ray of sunshine from Australia

Post by pipoz4444 » May 7, 2021, 11:47 pm

Read the Report Jack, in stead of digressing. I will even tell you what Pages to read, if you ask nicely.

I see you have now moved away from justifying your accusation about Packer and moved on to generalizing about Tax Evasion and Organized Crime and Bottom of the Harbor Schemes, whilst at the same time avoiding answering the question. Where's the proof Jack that Packer was ever involved in any of the above. [-X [-X

It is also odd that some 8 years later, he (Packer) is sitting in front of Parliamentary Committee that is enquiring into Corporate Tax and other issues, with the MP's are all having a "Jolly" because the managed to get him to appear, discussing Tax issues and his involvement in the Fairfax, Yet, still no accusations or proof of impropriety from any of the Committee Members to Packer, about this past, however Judge Jack has all the evidence stashed under his bed. Well done Jack, you seem to be the only who knows. \:D/ \:D/ =D> =D>

As I said, accusing someone is a very easy thing to do, and providing any evidence to support that accusation, from your side seems to be proving very difficult for you.

KP donated Millions to the Children's Hospital Westmead and Sydney's Royal Prince Alfred Hospital and the NSW Ambulance Service and David Hookes Foundation and other.

TPS must be a real bummer, at night Jack :drunk: :drunk:

Me Jack, I am Nobody :D

pipoz4444

That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » May 8, 2021, 8:58 am

Read what I said again, pipo ie:
Frank Costigan's Royal Commission obviously didn't agree with your rosy view of the Goanna/Squirrel.
Costigan made the accusations against Packer, not me.

Costigan had (or didn't have) the evidence, not me. However, according to this report:
Meagher later revealed that briefs for prosecution were prepared against Packer in relation to tax evasion after the commission was wound up. Costigan had told him three “very senior counsel” based in Sydney “each looked at them independently and recommended prosecution”, but it didn’t occur.

“Packer was a man of great influence,” Meagher said. “He wasn’t cleared. Not at all.”
https://www.themonthly.com.au/blog/andr ... -files#mtr
On another subject, why do you write in obscure acronyms?

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » May 8, 2021, 11:15 am

Australian Humor and some basic translations \:D/

AH 1.jpg
AH 1.jpg (11.11 KiB) Viewed 1001 times

AH 4.jpg

AH 5.jpg

AH 3.jpg

AH 2.jpg
RIP

pipoz4444

trekkertony
udonmap.com

Post by trekkertony » May 8, 2021, 11:26 am

Sadly, the ABC has gone the same way as the commercial TV networks in promoting ‘conjecture’ news rather than reporting factual accounts. It is not unreasonable to assume that their motive is to create controversy to make them appear more relevant in the news industry.

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » May 8, 2021, 11:50 am

trekkertony wrote:
May 8, 2021, 11:26 am
Sadly, the ABC has gone the same way as the commercial TV networks in promoting ‘conjecture’ news rather than reporting factual accounts. It is not unreasonable to assume that their motive is to create controversy to make them appear more relevant in the news industry.
True, some feed on conjecture and promoting conflict. It tends to give them a sense or Worth. :-k

Never knew he made so many Quotes on life? I guess we learn something every day. :-k

HL 3.jpg
HL 1.jpg
HL 6.png

pipoz4444

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 8, 2021, 12:25 pm

trekkertony wrote:
Actually, it's called 'Opinion' and most MSM clearly identify these articles as such so not to be confused with news or facts. They have separate 'Opinion' sections and most carry disclaimers that the article is 'op-ed' ie. "a written prose piece typically published by a newspaper or magazine which expresses the opinion of an author usually not affiliated with the publication's editorial board."

It's not unreasonable to think that it's primarily to stimulate thought and discussion in those with the more inquiring mind.

Then someone came along and glibly threw out their opinion of it being 'fake news' and 'alternative facts' and the moment was lost.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » May 8, 2021, 1:18 pm

trekkertony wrote:
This from somebody that quotes, Tucker Carlson, The Epoch Times, Sidney Powell, Hannity, Briebart News.....Hmm. The word hypocrisy springs to mind
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 8, 2021, 3:30 pm

pipoz4444 wrote:
May 8, 2021, 11:50 am
trekkertony wrote:
True, some feed on conjecture and promoting conflict. It tends to give them a sense or Worth. :-k

Never knew he made so many Quotes on life? I guess we learn something every day. :-k

HL 3.jpg

HL 1.jpg

HL 6.png

pipoz4444
I am sure someone finds them inspirational or insightful, like the person making them into memes maybe? But quotes about life that are murkily attributed to someone who chose to end his life prematurely is all a bit mawkish and self-defeating.

Great actor BTW and a tragic waste of a life and talent.

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » May 8, 2021, 4:40 pm

Tam, I doubt he planned it this way, but one will never know the reason behind either the quotes or his death.

When I first came across and read his quotes, some appeared to have a morbid overtone. Nevertheless, some are worth thinking about and have meaning. Regardless, he left a legacy, not that he will ever know and he will be remembered for what he achieved in very short space of time. Hence the post, why not?

As for the tragic waste of life and talent, Yes, but there were many before him and I dare say will be many after him. Michael Hutchence was one of, simply a number before him.

pipoz44444

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » May 8, 2021, 8:42 pm

Heath Ledger seems to be on track to overtake Winston Churchill, Albert Einstein and Mark Twain as the most un/mis-attributed quoter on the internet. :D

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » May 9, 2021, 12:02 am

Australian quotes or quotes from Australian's, \:D/ \:D/

Q1. None of us can be sure of how long we will live. Because this is so, I think you should try not to think too much about dying but think about all the nice things that make life so precious to us all.

Q2.The level of journalism in this country is just so pathetically poor, and I've, in a sense, gone over the top of them, which they don't like

Q3.The punters know that the horse named Morality rarely gets past the post, whereas the nag named Self-interest always runs a good race

Q4.To live in Australia permanently is rather like going to a party and dancing all night with one's mother.

Q5.New Zealand is a country of thirty thousand million sheep, three million of whom think they are human.

Q6.I only do this because I'm having fun. The day I stop having fun, I'll just walk away.

Q7. Sex is the most beautiful thing that can take place between a happily married man and his secretary

PS I am not looking to offend the Kiwi's, but Q5. was once said by an Aussie :wave: :wave:

pipoz4444

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » May 9, 2021, 7:33 am

Q5 is out of date as well no offence taken

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » May 9, 2021, 7:35 am

Sorry another cloudy day in Oz
Australians dreaming of international travel or reuniting with family members overseas have a long wait on their hands.

Prime Minister Scott Morrison has confirmed Australia’s strict international border closure will stay in place indefinitely.
Last edited by noosard on May 9, 2021, 8:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

marjamlew
udonmap.com

Post by marjamlew » May 9, 2021, 7:47 am

The new Age of Covid, Australia. Closed to the world indefinitely. A government that is just as addicted to keeping the money in as it is to keeping the virus out: https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/ ... 8622292808
And an interesting quote that pretty well sums up where we are with our current situation. Whether by design or circumstance:
Julian Lalor
John Howard's dream of Australia's road back to the insular, small minded, self-satisfied "Lucky Country" of Robert Menzies is now complete. I pity those who missed Whitlam, Hawke and Keating, because that Australia meant something. This Australia is now on auto pilot.
Watch Me!!

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » May 9, 2021, 10:52 am

noosard wrote:
May 9, 2021, 7:33 am
Q5 is out of date as well no offence taken
Hi and it was one of those Sir Les Patterson (Barry Humphries) sayings, in the days when people could take and give a joke, without screaming the R word or Profanity. I may look like "Les", \:D/ \:D/ I can assure you, no offense was intended. :wave:

Whilst I was searching for Kiwi quotes about Aussies, a lot seems to be censored these days, by Google. Found this on Google? "This Joke may contain profanity". It would seem that Kiwis also used the words that are now deemed "Profane" and or would offend the Google W Subscribers, these days. ](*,) ](*,) :fryingpan:
Capture NZ.PNG

You can't even listen to Kevin Bloody Wilson or Rodney Rude any more without someone peeing their pants over it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1Zuo2JtTdY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Py0FSgOt8hM

pipoz4444

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » May 9, 2021, 11:41 am

noosard wrote:
May 9, 2021, 7:35 am
Sorry another cloudy day in Oz
Australians dreaming of international travel or reuniting with family members overseas have a long wait on their hands.

Prime Minister Scott Morrison has confirmed Australia’s strict international border closure will stay in place indefinitely.
I just wonder how they would go about putting an Australian in jail for returning to his place of birth. :confused:

I doubt The Australian Government has a specific current Law in place for this circumstance, but I might be wrong, they may have introduced a new law over the past 18 months. But I doubt one ever existed in the distant past, for this circumstance. Again, I may be wrong.

So assuming an Australian swims home or better still sails his Yacht from, say "New Caledonia" to Australia, forgoing entry at the Sydney Airport, goes straight to the closest Harbour Customs Office or Department of Immigration at the Rocks, formally presents his Passport and notification of entry, then what Law has he broken and or under what Law do they legally detain him for 5 years. He is not an illegal immigrant.

I can only assume there will need to be a test Case in a Court of Law and that our present day Government doesn't have the right to incrassate an Australian, indefinitely, without trial. :-k

pipoz4444

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » May 9, 2021, 12:01 pm

Got to say I always liked Rude and Wilson
and if they upset someone well that's just too bad

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » May 9, 2021, 1:21 pm

noosard wrote:
May 9, 2021, 12:01 pm
Got to say I always liked Rude and Wilson
and if they upset someone well that's just too bad
I don't think they were funny at all. Give me the current crop in Australia any day. Kitty Flanagan, Carl Barron, Jimoen, Akmal Saleh, Tim Minchin, Will Andrerson. They all are clever and don't just wildly swear and think that is funny.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » May 9, 2021, 1:24 pm

There are two Federal Court cases being heard at the moment, challenging the laws restricting outward travel and inward travel - whether by Australian citizens or others.

If there were no existing laws, there would be no need for the challenges.

I'm not sure where the "incarcerate.....indefinitely, without trial" bit comes from.

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » May 9, 2021, 1:46 pm

Interesting and not unexpected. Then there is the question of how or if the the Australian Legal system will differentiate in its application between, Citizenship by Birth vs Citizenship by Descent vs Acquiring Citizenship by Application (referred to as Naturalisation).

It may be that the Court cases related to how that existing law is being interpreted or used by the Federal Government.

pipoz4444

Return to “COVID-19/Corona Virus”