A little ray of sunshine from Australia

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Re: A little ray of sunshine from Australia

Post by pipoz4444 » April 16, 2020, 10:09 pm

Whistler wrote:
April 16, 2020, 4:17 pm
Pip. The issue of hording has been in Australia for a couple of years now and has been totally ignored by the politicians, it just came into greater public view with this toilet paper crap if you can pardon my pun.

Organised crime has stolen or used 'daigou' to raid supermarkets on an industrial sale. The target has been mostly baby formula which is in very high demand in China. Australian baby formulas fetch top dollar (or shall I say top RMB) in China as it is perceived as being of very high quality.

These gangs bus dozens of Chinese to large supermarkets, they strip the shelves leaving other consumers unable to buy these products. Its been going on for about three years but the pollies have done zip.
Granted Whistler, but it is a bit different when Hoarding in these unusual times, and preying on others so as to profiteer from it- Don't you think. :-k :-k Hoarding for ones own personal use is one thing, but this Guy would have needed to have 10 shits a day for a year, to use up the toilet paper that he bought, either that or he has an unusual Bowl problem. :lol: :lol:

As to Organized Crime buying up Baby Power, then why aren't those who are caught and or identified via the store cameras, punished. Or doesn't it matter to anyone. I may be wrong but some of those working for the Organized Crime or Gangs striping the shelves for purpose of pure profiteering are probably on Tourist or other No Working Visas, making money on the side.

Companies, well they love their products being sold in bulk/in a short time, off the shelves. WHY, because they can sell more and charge a higher price for that product. The the ordinary Customer will eventually pay a higher price for his daily use for that product, simply because the Store knows that the demand for it is their, while the Org Crime & Gangs make a profit, off the Customers back. What a great system our Politicians tolerate. Is my assumption wrong?? :-s :-s

If so, then to earn money in some working capacity without having the correct visa to do so, would be a breach of their Visa rules. So strip them of their visa and send them home. :-k :-k Is this not what happens when you breach your Visa rules in other Countries. Certainly happens where I am. Violate your visa rules and or commit or be complicit in a crime over here and you are out of the Country for ever, within 48-72 hours over here. I love it and it makes for a pleasant and very safe environment to live in, for a change. =D> =D> =D>

Do we really need these people (the Criminals, Gangs and Profiteers), in our society at these time or for that matter at any time. ??

PS. This one cost USD 40 to someone else :lol: :lol:

pipoz4444
Last edited by pipoz4444 on April 16, 2020, 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » April 16, 2020, 10:32 pm

pipoz4444 wrote:
April 16, 2020, 10:09 pm
Hoarding for ones own personal use is one thing, but this Guy would have needed to have 10 shits a day for a year, to use up the toilet paper that he bought, either that or he has an unusual Bowl problem. :lol: :lol:
What about the 150 litres of hand sanitiser? Any creative ideas?
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

Domat
udonmap.com

Post by Domat » April 16, 2020, 10:49 pm

He was hoping for the people return form Bali

https://youtu.be/-4RcSa2mm14

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » April 16, 2020, 10:50 pm

Whistler wrote:
April 16, 2020, 4:17 pm

The supermarket chains have the legal right to limit sales of products to so many units per shopper, but for some unknown reason (I am sure they are not profit driven) fail to take action.
https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/healt ... 6d2caca41d

Don't worry about the Limit, just sell the Company to them

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-11-15/ ... d/11707190
Last edited by pipoz4444 on April 17, 2020, 2:33 am, edited 3 times in total.

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » April 16, 2020, 10:52 pm

sometimewoodworker wrote:
April 16, 2020, 10:32 pm
pipoz4444 wrote:
April 16, 2020, 10:09 pm
Hoarding for ones own personal use is one thing, but this Guy would have needed to have 10 shits a day for a year, to use up the toilet paper that he bought, either that or he has an unusual Bowl problem. :lol: :lol:
What about the 150 litres of hand sanitiser? Any creative ideas?
Don't know STWW.

Maybe the guy who bought the toilet paper can sit on the 150 liter bottle of Sanitiser to fix his Bowl problem \:D/ \:D/ =D> Is that creative enough :lol:

I always try to be creative and happy in life, these days, for the few that I have left on mother earth :-k

pipoz4444

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » April 17, 2020, 8:34 am

There have been suggestions that in times of need, a pandemic is one, the use of a card as identification would be a viable option to limit who is buying.
Maybe be a National ID card would work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » April 17, 2020, 2:55 pm

Barney wrote:
April 17, 2020, 8:34 am
There have been suggestions that in times of need, a pandemic is one, the use of a card as identification would be a viable option to limit who is buying.

Yes Barney as you know from where you have worked, a National ID Card has a significant number of positives, including one that reduces Crime. :-k :-k But Australia is to weak, when it comes to introducing one. =; :confused:

pipoz4444

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » April 17, 2020, 3:20 pm

I clearly remember in 1987 marching up St Georges Tce, along with 30,000 other concerned citizens, to protest against the proposed (by the then Hawke Government) Australia Card - a de facto national identity card.

I would do so again today, should the circumstances arise.

However, it is rather a moot point, with the Tax File Number, Medicare Card and the YouGov website covering virtually aspect of your life if you are still living in Oz.

Throw in the draconian, intrusive and repressive surveillance laws and powers introduced after 9/11, under the guise of "national security"; along with CCTV cameras everywhere; and the reach of the Australia Card has today been far exceeded.

A pox on national ID cards (for Oz). [-(

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » April 17, 2020, 3:24 pm

I thought then like now just the criminals were against an id card
As you say moot point TFN DL MC all have you numbered

cjd01
udonmap.com

Post by cjd01 » April 17, 2020, 3:25 pm

jackspratt wrote:
April 17, 2020, 3:20 pm
I clearly remember in 1987 marching up St Georges Tce, along with 30,000 other concerned citizens, to protest against the proposed (by the then Hawke Government) Australia Card - a de facto national identity card.

However, it is rather a moot point, with the Tax File Number, Medicare Card and the YouGov website covering virtually aspect of your life if you are still living in Oz.

Throw in the draconian, intrusive and repressive surveillance laws and powers introduced after 9/11, under the guise of "national security"; along with CCTV cameras everywhere; and the reach of the Australia Card has today been far exceeded.

For once totally agree, I shudder to think what delights await us as a result of the world shutdown

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » April 17, 2020, 3:34 pm

If you read up on the history of the mooted Australia Card, its introduction was fiercely opposed by people from all sides of the political and social spectrum.

Just as it was supported by others from the same spectrums (or is that spectra?).

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » April 17, 2020, 4:06 pm

The new idea phone app
Big brother is watching
lol I never carry the phone
or next we chip you like the animals

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » April 17, 2020, 5:27 pm

"Disgusting" and they only have a maximum sentence of 12 months jail for this with most when convicted only getting 6 months. [-( [-( :-k

The UK Politicians and or Law makes should be ashamed of themselves and legislate to give these Pr..ks 4 years.

https://www.itv.com/news/2020-04-15/eme ... -itv-news/

pipoz4444

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » April 17, 2020, 5:39 pm

Sharia law has something going for it
These scum should be public flogged first

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » April 17, 2020, 6:51 pm

jackspratt wrote:I clearly remember in 1987 marching up St Georges Tce, along with 30,000 other concerned citizens, to protest against the proposed (by the then Hawke Government) Australia Card - a de facto national identity card.

Hang on jackspatt,
I did not mean to introduce a card. I said buying items.
Just some way of IDing hoarders or criminal gangs emptying shelves in woolies or elsewhere. Restricting how many items doesn’t work. We have all seen video of a group of a dozen or so chinese repeatedly going into shops buying 2 at a time until they have the lot.
Use of any ID card would help prevent this. Medicare card or license will do.
Save pressure and stress on workers.

I was a big supporter of Hawkey and actually was in favour if the card way back in ‘87 when you were shouting slogans on st George terrace, think I was in Geraldton. To me it was just a number on a card and was to incorporate all numbers into 1 card. Plus hopefully kill the black economy. No chips in cards those days. Other than the squeaky wheel protesters, and it maybe a surprise to yourself, there were heaps of good people for it. Hawkey didn’t have the numbers in the senate, could have been different eh!
But that ship has sailed long ago.

Pippozz is correct, many countries have an ID card, if your a clean skin like me then no worries. But usually without one you don’t have a job.

Have even seen posters lately on UM say some Thai ATM machines have an extra slot for the national ID card. Haven’t heard any huha about that. But come the day of push back mate you can get the old joggers out and join the march.

‘87 was a good time in Aussie and have fond memories. Plenty of work and still in the first year of marriage.

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » April 17, 2020, 6:58 pm

Interesting I was in Geraldton in 85- 87

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » April 17, 2020, 7:13 pm

noosard wrote:Interesting I was in Geraldton in 85- 87
Good times. Wild Town. I was there on a construction project right at the end of 86 and then through till later or mid 87.
I think there were 9 pubs and 2 taverns. Most with skimpy’s and topless barmaids during the week.
We drank a lot of beer at the tarcoola tavern.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » April 17, 2020, 7:59 pm

Barney wrote:
April 17, 2020, 6:51 pm

Hang on jackspatt,
I did not mean to introduce a card. I said buying items.
Just some way of IDing hoarders or criminal gangs emptying shelves in woolies or elsewhere. Restricting how many items doesn’t work. We have all seen video of a group of a dozen or so chinese repeatedly going into shops buying 2 at a time until they have the lot.
Use of any ID card would help prevent this. Medicare card or license will do.
Save pressure and stress on workers.

I was a big supporter of Hawkey and actually was in favour if the card way back in ‘87 when you were shouting slogans on st George terrace, think I was in Geraldton. To me it was just a number on a card and was to incorporate all numbers into 1 card. Plus hopefully kill the black economy. No chips in cards those days. Other than the squeaky wheel protesters, and it maybe a surprise to yourself, there were heaps of good people for it. Hawkey didn’t have the numbers in the senate, could have been different eh!
But that ship has sailed long ago.

Pippozz is correct, many countries have an ID card, if your a clean skin like me then no worries. But usually without one you don’t have a job.

Have even seen posters lately on UM say some Thai ATM machines have an extra slot for the national ID card. Haven’t heard any huha about that. But come the day of push back mate you can get the old joggers out and join the march.

‘87 was a good time in Aussie and have fond memories. Plenty of work and still in the first year of marriage.

Hang on there with me Barney. :D

You posted:
As Australia doesn't currently have a National ID card, logic would suggest you were advocating for one in your post.

Moving on to the criminal gangs and hoarders, all I have seen in recent times is your average okker bloke and sheila mindlessly scrapping in the dunny roll aisles of Woolies and Coles.

In any case, buying up quantities in excess of your normal needs is hardly criminal, or even illegal - whatever ethnic group you belong to. On-selling for a profit - isn't that the very definition of capitalism?

All those squeaky wheel protesters - -----, there was an awful lot of them all around Australia, not just in St Georges Tce, and they all believed they had a valid point to make about intrusion on their civil liberties. As I noted in my later post - did you see that - there were many who agreed with your point of view, and more strength to them.

Thai ATMs - as neither I, nor anyone else on this forum will ever have a Thai ID card, that is a strawman . So I will save my joggers for my bike riding.

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » April 18, 2020, 6:59 am

I worked at Tarcoola
would have crossed you trails somewhere at that time
Pelsarts nite club
definitely a wild town

cjd01
udonmap.com

Post by cjd01 » April 18, 2020, 8:15 am