The source of the coronvirus??

saint
udonmap.com

Re: The source of the coronvirus??

Post by saint » April 20, 2020, 5:28 am

gprit wrote:
April 19, 2020, 9:50 pm
Let's have any serious arguements against these factual findings before anyone dismisses them.....
Good luck with that ! :-k

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » April 20, 2020, 12:45 pm

The son of a C19 victim tells his story ..

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/ ... s-in-wuhan

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 20, 2020, 2:40 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
April 20, 2020, 12:45 pm

DM
Hold on a wee minute there DM, you do realize you are quoting from the UK's 'dishrag' newspaper here? The usual forum well-wishers will be waking up from their afternoon siesta's shortly and once they get a gander of this, they will pepper you relentlessly with insults about your intelligence as well as questioning the veracity of that kennel club certificate that you claim came with your dog.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » April 20, 2020, 3:02 pm

tamada wrote:
April 20, 2020, 2:40 pm
Drunk Monkey wrote:
April 20, 2020, 12:45 pm

DM
Hold on a wee minute there DM, you do realize you are quoting from the UK's 'dishrag' newspaper here? The usual forum well-wishers will be waking up from their afternoon siesta's shortly and once they get a gander of this, they will pepper you relentlessly with insults about your intelligence as well as questioning the veracity of that kennel club certificate that you claim came with your dog.
I thort it was an interesting read even tho came via the big G .. this fella will be the next to disapear if hes not careful.

No KC certs with my doggies Tammy even dodgy ones you can buy online or khaosan road ..one look at my Jack Jill n Meggy n its obvious they didnt sail up the Chao Prao river on a woodbine packet ..

Looks very much like little Megan is going to be hiso n moving to Bangers .. :D

DM

Chuchi
udonmap.com

Post by Chuchi » April 20, 2020, 6:50 pm

This was a piece written in the FT
I couldn't attach the link as you would not have been able to read it

When Roger Roth received an email from the Chinese government asking him to sponsor a bill in the Wisconsin state legislature praising China’s response to coronavirus, he thought it must be a hoax. The sender had even appended a pre-written resolution full of Communist party talking points and dubious claims for the Wisconsin senate president to put to a vote.

“I’ve never heard of a foreign government approaching a state legislature and asking them to pass a piece of legislation,” Mr Roth told me last week. “I thought this couldn’t be real.” Then he discovered it was indeed sent by China’s consul-general in Chicago. “I was astonished . . .[and] wrote a letter back: ‘dear consul general, NUTS’.” 

It is impossible to see this episode as anything but another disastrous own goal in Beijing’s attempts to boost its global standing in the time of coronavirus. 

From the deplorable treatment of African citizens in southern China to the export of faulty medical equipment, or the official endorsement of conspiracy theories blaming the US military for the outbreak, most of the Communist party’s efforts to control the international narrative have backfired.

Some assume the west’s chaotic and early response allows China to step into the global governance vacuum. Even allowing for questionable data, China has so far reported under 5,000 deaths, versus almost 30,000 in the US and nearly 20,000 each in Italy and Spain. But Beijing’s attempts to take advantage of the situation are more likely to leave it isolated and distrusted on the world stage when the crisis recedes.

Wang Jisi, a legendary scholar at Peking University, says the virus fallout has pushed Sino-US relations to their worst level since formal ties were established in the 1970s. He describes bilateral economic and technological decoupling as “already irreversible”.

The shift has been striking in the UK too, where influential Conservatives have called on the prime minister to be tougher on China, the British press has become more critical, and intelligence agencies have promised to focus on the threat from Beijing. In Europe and Australia, governments have rushed to block Chinese companies from buying assets cheaply amid economic carnage. And Tokyo has set aside $2.2bn explicitly to help Japanese companies move their supply chains out of China.

But it is not just the US and its allies that have soured on Beijing. North Korea, China’s only treaty ally, was the first country to close its northern border at the start of the outbreak, despite Beijing’s objections to international travel bans. Russia quickly followed. Even Iranian officials have criticised China for hiding the extent of the outbreak.

Some of the criticism is clearly unfair. Populist western politicians such as US president Donald Trump have attacked Beijing to deflect and distract from their own failings. There is also a hint of racism in the calls to shut down “disgusting wet markets”. But Beijing could have gained far more sympathy if it had switched quickly to a strategy of transparency and co-operation. Instead, it arrested people who criticised its cover-up, and launched a global propaganda campaign to raise doubts about the Chinese origin of the virus and assert the superiority of its authoritarian system.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » April 20, 2020, 7:31 pm

Good post Churchi,

Sad to say the China has been successful in buying key assets in Australia. The Port Of Darwin & Pt Headland in WA as two examples of buying key logistics sites.

2020 will no doubt make countries more wary about Chinese expansionism.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » April 20, 2020, 10:08 pm

Whistler wrote:
April 20, 2020, 7:31 pm
Good post Churchi,

Sad to say the China has been successful in buying key assets in Australia. The Port Of Darwin & Pt Headland in WA as two examples of buying key logistics sites.

Yes, a good article in the FT, but a couple of misconceptions from you:

Darwin Port - not owned, leasehold only

Port Hedland - not owned or leased.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » April 21, 2020, 4:57 am

jackspratt wrote:
April 20, 2020, 10:08 pm
Whistler wrote:
Good post Churchi,

The Chinese bought British Steel SCUNTHORPE another key global site .... not leased and the keys to the town were included .... they paid cash and waited for the change !!

DM

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » April 21, 2020, 10:58 am

I truly hope the world does wake up to China and the Communist parties desire for world domination .
Chinas government and many individuals blatantly flout many , if not all international rules when its suits them .
They have no respect for treaties , rules , laws or whatever .
They steamroller their own people and have done for years , anyone speaking out basically signs their own death warrant , and because of this they think they can do it to whoever and wherever they like , and as yet nobody has had the balls to stop them .
If you think otherwise , ask yourself , better still do a little research and find out where most of the worlds illegally poached wildlife , flora , minerals ect end up . This is the tip of the corrupt iceburg , add to that blatant copyright abuse ,stealing intellectual property , currency manipulation , dumping crap on the worlds markets , ect , ect .
If the rest of the world do not view China in a different light when this chaos is over , not just the fact that the outbreak started there , but even worse they tried and succeeded for many weeks to cover up a very dangerous situation , with the aid of WHO who obviously were bought off , then im afraid the world deserves whatever comes next from the most selfish state on the planet .

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » April 21, 2020, 12:33 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
April 21, 2020, 4:57 am
jackspratt wrote:
April 20, 2020, 10:08 pm
Whistler wrote:
Good post Churchi,

The Chinese bought British Steel SCUNTHORPE another key global site .... not leased and the keys to the town were included .... they paid cash and waited for the change !!

DM
Correct Darwin is a 99 year lease, as good as sale frankly
The WA Port was Oakadee, I believe an outright purchase
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » April 21, 2020, 3:31 pm

saint wrote:
April 21, 2020, 10:58 am
I truly hope the world does wake up to China and the Communist parties desire for world domination .
Chinas government and many individuals blatantly flout many , if not all international rules when its suits them .
They steamroller their own people and have done for years , anyone speaking out basically signs their own death warrant , and because of this they think they can do it to whoever and wherever they like , and as yet nobody has had the balls to stop them .
If you think otherwise , ask yourself , better still do a little research and find out where most of the worlds illegally poached wildlife , flora , minerals ect end up . This is the tip of the corrupt iceburg , add to that blatant copyright abuse ,stealing intellectual property , currency manipulation , dumping crap on the worlds markets , ect , ect .
If the rest of the world do not view China in a different light when this chaos is over , not just the fact that the outbreak started there , but even worse they tried and succeeded for many weeks to cover up a very dangerous situation , with the aid of WHO who obviously were bought off , then im afraid the world deserves whatever comes next from the most selfish state on the planet .
A little bit off Topic. :-s ;)

People are either in denial or naive if they think that China does not have some sort of plan (totalitarian or otherwise) in place, particularly as it relates to Trade and or Territorial control.

If the events within the South China seas with respect to its neighbor, Vietnam, and others is not an indication of how to master or control a region without going to war over it, then I am not sure what is

If the “Initiative “of China’s Belt Road is not a way to supposedly but legally establish deep water Ports and so then effectively dictate to the Government of that Country, the rules thereafter, then I don’t know what it

The Chinese have been around for a long time. As a general rule one would have to say they are more clever than the West/Europe, in the way they go about their business dealings and their culture is a much more patient one. They plan for the longer term, as opposed to what the Western and European Government do, probably in part because their Leaders of the Chinese National Congress Party are in power for ......years (in Xi Jinping's case 10 years) and not 4 or even potentially 2 for the US HOR.
South China Sea Claims Map.jpg

Chinas Belt Road Initiative 2.jpg

Is the Hambantota Port , built at a cost of US$361 million, 85% funded by the EXIM Bank of PRC) with a 99 Year to be passed to China in place of payment, in the event Sri Lanka fail to pay their debt obligations – A Chinese DEBT TRAP, or is it simply a strategic move on China’s part, to ensure they get their investment money back - Don’t know, haven’t decided, the jury is still out on this one.

Is what China are doing by constructing ports in Sri Lanka, at Djibouti and the like, (possible with a view to a 99 year lease & control) any different to what the British did when they brokered their 99 years lease Agreement to use Hong Kong and adjacent territories. Maybe both the British and China had and had/have the same objective? Or maybe they were/are both interested in helping poorer nations?

pipoz4444
That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » April 25, 2020, 10:05 am

chopperjoey
udonmap.com

Post by chopperjoey » April 25, 2020, 10:19 am

Whistler wrote:
April 25, 2020, 10:05 am
https://www.smh.com.au/national/scienti ... 54mun.html

no comment needed
good article. indeed "scientists" did predict something like this should happen sooner or later. In fact, they also warn about the abuse of using antibiotics as feed for farm animals, that it also can create dangerous viruses and global epidemies, besides "devaluating" human use for antibiotics Neverrrrr mind. Better to blame "the Chinese".
Scientists also warn about global warming, but that like everything else is politicized.
When science doesnt match our opinion, we simply toss away science.

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » April 25, 2020, 11:29 am

chopperjoey wrote:
April 25, 2020, 10:19 am
Whistler wrote:
April 25, 2020, 10:05 am
https://www.smh.com.au/national/scienti ... 54mun.html

no comment needed
good article. indeed "scientists" did predict something like this should happen sooner or later. In fact, they also warn about the abuse of using antibiotics as feed for farm animals, that it also can create dangerous viruses and global epidemies, besides "devaluating" human use for antibiotics Neverrrrr mind. Better to blame "the Chinese".
Scientists also warn about global warming, but that like everything else is politicized.
When science doesnt match our opinion, we simply toss away science.
Yes good article , but no mention of factory farming being another risk to mankind .
I think factory farming was blamed by some as the causes of bird , and swine flu , and without doubt is the reason for antibiotics being over used in the rearing of livestock .

RLTrader
udonmap.com

Post by RLTrader » April 25, 2020, 11:29 am

saint wrote:
Just about everything said above would to True IF the word "China" was replaced with "US Empire"

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » April 25, 2020, 11:33 am

RLTrader wrote:
April 25, 2020, 11:29 am
saint wrote:
Just about everything said above would to True IF the word "China" was replaced with "US Empire"
Utter rubbish . =; =; =;

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 25, 2020, 1:05 pm

saint wrote:
April 25, 2020, 11:33 am
RLTrader wrote:
April 25, 2020, 11:29 am
saint wrote:
Utter rubbish . =; =; =;
Agree. He should also have replaced 'Communist' with 'Democrat' as well.

RLTrader
udonmap.com

Post by RLTrader » April 25, 2020, 1:54 pm

RLTrader
udonmap.com

Post by RLTrader » April 25, 2020, 3:22 pm

The Saker: “The AngloZionists are launching a strategic PSYOP against China”

https://southfront.org/the-anglozionist ... nst-china/

RLTrader
udonmap.com

Post by RLTrader » April 25, 2020, 4:02 pm

Want to know something about China? Might want to read what Pepe Escobar has to say.

The unbearable lightness of China

Kishore Mahbubani's new book argues that China's rejuvenation is not driven by missionary impulse, a fact a flagging US refuses to see.

https://asiatimes.com/2020/04/the-unbea ... -of-china/

Return to “COVID-19/Corona Virus”