The source of the coronvirus??

glalt
udonmap.com

Re: The source of the coronvirus??

Post by glalt » April 17, 2020, 11:53 am

parrot wrote:
April 15, 2020, 8:16 pm
Big difference, to me, if the source of the virus was from eating bats or from researching bats.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions ... naviruses/
Yesterday I read an article that the Wuhan lab was studying a bat virus. Those bats were not local bats, they came from an area a couple hundred miles away. According to the writer, a research guy caught the virus, left the lab and infected other people. From there it spread quickly. The writer said that no way was it intentional, strictly an accident, that was unfortunately covered up. True or fake news?

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » April 17, 2020, 11:58 am

glalt wrote:
April 17, 2020, 11:53 am
parrot wrote:
April 15, 2020, 8:16 pm
Big difference, to me, if the source of the virus was from eating bats or from researching bats.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions ... naviruses/
Yesterday I read an article that the Wuhan lab was studying a bat virus. Those bats were not local bats, they came from an area a couple hundred miles away. According to the writer, a research guy caught the virus, left the lab and infected other people. From there it spread quickly. The writer said that no way was it intentional, strictly an accident, that was unfortunately covered up. True or fake news?
I would go with both the views above ..

studying a bat virus for what purpose ?? .. if all legit why was it covered up ?/ to the extent of infecting the whole planet.

True Fake , accident or intentional .. the jury is still out.

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » April 17, 2020, 12:01 pm

jackspratt wrote:
April 17, 2020, 9:47 am
Khun Paul wrote:
April 17, 2020, 6:53 am
The same as HIV, escaped from a testing facility in deep darkest Africa.
Bullshiit.
Oh really then prove it !

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » April 17, 2020, 12:08 pm

Khun Paul wrote:
April 17, 2020, 12:01 pm
jackspratt wrote:
April 17, 2020, 9:47 am
Khun Paul wrote:
April 17, 2020, 6:53 am
The same as HIV, escaped from a testing facility in deep darkest Africa.
Bullshiit.
Oh really then prove it !
You show me yours KP, and I'll then show you mine. :D

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » April 17, 2020, 12:15 pm

https://www.avert.org/professionals/his ... ids/origin
How did HIV cross from chimps to humans?
The most commonly accepted theory is that of the 'hunter'. In this scenario, SIVcpz was transferred to humans as a result of chimps being killed and eaten, or their blood getting into cuts or wounds on people in the course of hunting.5 Normally, the hunter's body would have fought off SIV, but on a few occasions the virus adapted itself within its new human host and became HIV-1.

There we go so lets get back on subject please Coronvirus

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » April 17, 2020, 2:14 pm

Doodoo wrote:
April 17, 2020, 12:15 pm
The most commonly accepted theory is that of the 'hunter'. In this scenario, SIVcpz was transferred to humans as a result of chimps being killed and eaten, or their blood getting into cuts or wounds on people in the course of hunting.5 Normally, the hunter's body would have fought off SIV, but on a few occasions the virus adapted itself within its new human host and became HIV-1.

but were these chimps located hunted killed n eaten in deepest Africa ???

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » April 17, 2020, 2:28 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
April 17, 2020, 2:14 pm
Doodoo wrote:
April 17, 2020, 12:15 pm

but were these chimps located hunted killed n eaten in deepest Africa ???
or Neverland

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » April 17, 2020, 4:41 pm

pipoz4444 wrote:
April 3, 2020, 2:11 pm
The Wuhan Institute of Virology is a research institute on virology administered by the Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS) and it opened China's first biosafety level 4 (BSL–4) laboratory in 2015. It was built in collaboration with French engineers from Lyon. It has ties to Galveston National Laboratory in Texas.

Extract from Wikipedia: In 2005, a group including researchers from the Wuhan Institute of Virology published research into the origin of the SARS coronavirus, finding that China's horseshoe bats are natural reservoirs of SARS-like coronaviruses. Continuing this work over a period of years, researchers from the Institute sampled thousands of horseshoe bats in locations across China, isolating over 300 bat coronavirus sequences.

In 2015, a team including scientists from the Institute published successful research on whether a bat coronavirus could be made to infect HeLa. The team engineered a hybrid virus, combining a bat coronavirus with a SARS virus that had been adapted to grow in mice and mimic human disease. The hybrid virus was able to infect human cells.

In 2017, a team from the Institute announced that coronaviruses found in horseshoe bats at a cave in Yunnan contain all the genetic pieces of the SARS virus, and hypothesized that the direct progenitor of the human virus originated in this cave. The team, who spent five years sampling the bats in the cave, noted the presence of a village only a kilometer away, and warned of "the risk of spillover into people and emergence of a disease similar to SARS

:-k :-k Don't kid yourselves, they (and not just China) have been experimenting with Bat Virus for the past 15 years, ever since the realized it was where the SARS came from. In 2015 and 2017, WIV BSL-4 were most likely engineering the virus to see how and if it could cross over to humans.

That's what Virologist do, they experiment with Virus DNA.

One Outbreak Scenario: Despite being a BSL-4 laboratory, people can make mistakes when working with virus and a virus can escape? :-k :-k or it may simply have come from the Wet Market.

But for this Covid 19 virus, it doesn't matter now, because it is already out there having fun with the Humans. =; =; and so we have to deal with it.

We are lucky in some respects, this time, with Covid 19, as it is a warning and it does not have a 90% kill rate. Think about that.

It is now about the Next One, the one that us Humans cannot control in time, before it kills half the population :lol: :-k [-( Better that the next one is 20 year from now, as I wont be here.

We (us Humans) have been living at the top of the food chain, for a long time and look at what has now brought us back to the reality of how fragile we are. Something less than the size of a pin head. No it was Apes (as in Planet of the Apes) of arguably high intelligence, its is something we cannot even see. :-k :-k

pipoz4444
Yes there are laboratories all over the World studying Virus, for their transmission potential and or crossover effect and or mutation capability. Even the Australian has 2 No one is the CSRIO. Apparently the USA has around 15 No.

By definition and purpose:

1) A BSL-4 is the highest level of biosafety. This level of laboratory is used for the diagnosis of exotic agents (such as the Ebola virus) that pose a high risk of life-threatening disease, which may be transmitted by the aerosol route and for which there is no vaccine or therapy.

2) A BSL-4 lab is used for diagnostic work and research on easily transmitted pathogens which can cause fatal disease. These include a number of viruses known to cause viral hemorrhagic fever such as Marburg virus, Ebola virus, Lassa virus, and Crimean-Congo hemorrhagic fever.

One assumes they do a lot of experimental testing and playing with the DNA or RNA genomes - I believe these are the two types that define how a virus then acts. :-k :-k

BSL-4 Laboritories.jpg

https://www.csiro.au/en/News/News-relea ... 9-vaccines
That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind.

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » April 17, 2020, 5:18 pm

An interesting Video on how the animals are kept in these wet markets. :-k

Not exactly the cleanest or sanitized conditions, for dealing with animal slaughter :-k :-k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RKCTCweY4I

pipoz44444
That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 17, 2020, 7:32 pm

Reverse engineered by a largely unsupervised and over zealous Chinese virologist in a 5 year old BSL-4 facility located in the middle of the 9th biggest city in China and let loose by a less than conscientious Chinese lab worker.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » April 17, 2020, 8:06 pm

My two cents worth.

I do not know of a single conspiracy theory that does falls over on one issue and one issue only. Zero corroborating evidence, zero whistle blowers, zero actual evidence.

The moon landing never happened. Thousands of people were involved in this mission, one notable inclusion is Tidbinbilla, the tracking station that relayed the live landing. It was chosen because it was on the side of the earth facing the moon at the actual landing. In order to do so, the incredibly precise calibration of the massive dish was focused 400,000 kilometers away, a very exact vector, the signal source could only come from the target vector of the moon landing site. Does anybody have any evidence that numbers of astrophysicists, many of whom do not work for NASA would have fudged their involvement. Plus literally hundreds of thousands of NASA staff and sub contractors, so far not a flood of people coming forward saying it was a hoax. Yet it is one of the most prevalent conspiracy theories in the world

Pearl Harbour. Again, tens of thousands of people involved, you would think a single proud American, or really dozens of them would have blown this story wide open.

9/11. The same as Pearl Harbour, too many people in authority without expecting a lot of evidence about a plot.

Pretty much the same I think for this virus. Scientists at Wuhan were studying potential human threatening viruses, same in USA, France, Australia, Canada, Russia, Germany etc. That is what these types of scientists do, they study. They are also human beings, not mindless fools working for the state. So far, not one has come forward to say it came from the lab, but there is ample hard evidence of the unhygienic, exotic animals being sold in the wet market.

Mountains of evidence of bats carrying exotic viruses with similar structures to COVID 19. Yet some prefer to believe the case not backed up with any evidence, to the theory backed up with solid evidence. Why?

Every conspiracy theory fails on the same basis, zero evidence but mountains of suspicion. Yet this issue is under intense scrutiny from agencies in the world with superlative surveillance capabilities. Not one leaked document, not one intercepted email or telephone conversation.

Until I see a single shred of evidence to the contrary, I suspect a dirty wet market is the source, just like SARS and similar to Ebola....animal to human transmission.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

rick
udonmap.com

Post by rick » April 18, 2020, 9:21 pm

There are many wet markets in China, but how many laboratories studying bat viruses? Just coincidence that one was near the wet market? No proof it wasn't the wet market, but no proof it wasn't the laboratory either.. China being China, we will probably never know.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » April 18, 2020, 9:34 pm

rick wrote:
April 18, 2020, 9:21 pm
There are many wet markets in China, but how many laboratories studying bat viruses? Just coincidence that one was near the wet market? No proof it wasn't the wet market, but no proof it wasn't the laboratory either.. China being China, we will probably never know.
Good point rick .. n aint no coincidence imo

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » April 18, 2020, 9:36 pm

Yep I'm with you DM, not much of a coincidence IMO either.
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 18, 2020, 9:52 pm

It appears our Wendy's gone and drunk the CCP's wet market Kool-Aid.

Whistleblowers? They either died or were disappeared. Happens in totalitarian regimes. I've worked in Russia and China and not much is allowed to be said so even less slips out.

Cuba was awesome though... once I moved out of Havana.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » April 18, 2020, 9:54 pm

Cigars... my God I miss cigars...
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » April 18, 2020, 10:04 pm

tamada wrote:
April 18, 2020, 9:52 pm
It appears our Wendy's gone and drunk the CCP's wet market Kool-Aid.

Whistleblowers? They either died or were disappeared. Happens in totalitarian regimes. I've worked in Russia and China and not much is allowed to be said so even less slips out.

Cuba was awesome though... once I moved out of Havana.
One died of covid the other disapeaered before she died of covid or a fast moving car . bullet or a sanke bite from the wet market.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » April 18, 2020, 10:10 pm

rick wrote:
April 18, 2020, 9:21 pm
Australia has been studying bat viruses for years. The Hendra virus is a prime example, several research organisations in Oz tracking such viruses. Not sure about other countries but I would bet there are plenty of others following the same path. Virus labs track these cross species virus strains, avian flu is another that attracts worldwide research. What is more, they share info internationally, the Wuhan lab has a history of sharing their research with their counterparts worldwide and actually identified a strain similar to COVID 19 three years ago. publishing this at the time. If they wanted to cover it up, why produce scientific articles on its existence.

I think it is worth noting that a Chinese Dr Li Wenliang first reported the emergence of the COVID 19 virus. You cannot hide a conspiracy of this magnitude easily, somebody will blab.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 18, 2020, 10:23 pm

vincemunday wrote:
April 18, 2020, 9:54 pm
Cigars... my God I miss cigars...
I don't. Just had a corona and a beer while composing dazzling wit and instant repartee (and h@rseshit) for those poor souls blighted by their own self-importance.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » April 18, 2020, 10:49 pm

I dare not smoke a cigar, I’d be straight back on the cigarettes, I used love a nice Cuban and a glass of Armagnac, I’m sure some people wish you had Corona, personally I’d miss your charm and wit.

Back on topic, Facebook and Twitter are buzzing with people accusing the Chinese govt of developing the virus and subsequently covering it up until it took hold, their purported anti US propaganda appears to have failed.

Return to “COVID-19/Corona Virus”