The source of the coronvirus??

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Re: The source of the coronvirus??

Post by Khun Paul » April 20, 2022, 6:22 am

Karma, sadly what goes around comes around, their ( The Chinese ) reluctance to alert the world initially and its subsequent lack of compliance with checks etc, This Virus is now revisiting the original country of source and wreaking havoc. I feel for the people BUT not the Country.

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » April 20, 2022, 10:46 am

Say what you want about how the US handled the pandemic, imagine locking down 27 million people....roughly the equivalent of the populations of New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Houston, Phoenix, and Phildelphia. Not just for a few days.....as initially thought.....but going on several weeks now.

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » April 24, 2022, 7:58 am

It seems as if the Chinese will need to change strategy and let the virus spread. I hope their vaccination programme is helping get them ready for the pivot.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » April 25, 2022, 12:42 pm

parrot wrote:
April 20, 2022, 10:46 am
Say what you want about how the US handled the pandemic, imagine locking down 27 million people....roughly the equivalent of the populations of New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Houston, Phoenix, and Phildelphia. Not just for a few days.....as initially thought.....but going on several weeks now.
They did it in the UK to 65 million people. Only allowed out for food shopping or for an
hour of exercise for about 3 months. Essential services only allowed to operate normally. People were becoming suicidal.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » April 25, 2022, 1:19 pm

Seems that different strains are hitting different groups. When the orig CV receeded in the West it became very apparent that it had hit Black and West Asian people hardest ( based on figures released by NHS), this latest strain seems to be very weak for most, but hitting those with East Asian genes much harder. Nobody knows what population the next strain will target

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 3, 2022, 7:51 am

AlexO wrote:
April 25, 2022, 12:42 pm
parrot wrote:
April 20, 2022, 10:46 am
They did it in the UK to 65 million people. Only allowed out for food shopping or for an
hour of exercise for about 3 months. Essential services only allowed to operate normally. People were becoming suicidal.
Yes, they all had to knuckle down in the UK except the hard workers in Downing Street where people were becoming drunk.
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » December 29, 2022, 9:42 am

~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » December 29, 2022, 9:49 am

stattointhailand wrote:
April 25, 2022, 1:19 pm
Seems that different strains are hitting different groups. When the orig CV receeded in the West it became very apparent that it had hit Black and West Asian people hardest ( based on figures released by NHS), this latest strain seems to be very weak for most, but hitting those with East Asian genes much harder. Nobody knows what population the next strain will target
Rather than "East Asian genes", maybe it's because there's a higher incidence of "Black and West Asian" staff working in the NHS and the healthcare industry as well as their demographic sharing more homogeneous family living arrangements along with a tendency for their older generations to resist vaccination.

Right now, it's kicking arse in mainland China.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » December 29, 2022, 11:27 am

stattointhailand wrote:
April 25, 2022, 1:19 pm
Scottish ... a sporan virus perhaps ?? No matter how strong the immune system.no Scott can withstand a leaky sporan thst allows all those half penny coins to.be lost.

So are we all agrred the virus originated from China ?? The events leading up to it are still unknown and at best guesswork... bat soup.or lab tests gone wrong take yer pick.

Dm
Last edited by Drunk Monkey on December 29, 2022, 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » December 29, 2022, 11:38 am

Yawn.

Can hardly be a whistleblower as she did not work in the lab or reveal any evidence from the lab. She is a person with an opinion, perhaps a slow news day for the Telegraph.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

fatbob
udonmap.com

Post by fatbob » December 29, 2022, 12:16 pm

Whistler wrote:
December 29, 2022, 11:38 am
Yawn.

Can hardly be a whistleblower as she did not work in the lab or reveal any evidence from the lab. She is a person with an opinion, perhaps a slow news day for the Telegraph.
Seems you have it all worked out and have all the info Whistles???

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » December 29, 2022, 12:34 pm

fatbob wrote:
December 29, 2022, 12:16 pm
Whistler wrote:
Yawn.

Nobody has it all worked out, probably never will. What I do know is that every other SARS virus and every other virus of this type over the past 100 years, without exception, came from the virus jumping species. Spanish flu, bird flu, monkey pox, Ebola, HIV etc etc etc.

Labs around the world have been set up to study viruses, not to create them. The exception is gain of function research, reportedly the Wuhan Lab did not have this capability
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » December 29, 2022, 2:07 pm

Whistler wrote:
December 29, 2022, 12:34 pm
fatbob wrote:
December 29, 2022, 12:16 pm
Whistler wrote:
Yawn.

Nobody has it all worked out, probably never will. What I do know is that every other SARS virus and every other virus of this type over the past 100 years, without exception, came from the virus jumping species. Spanish flu, bird flu, monkey pox, Ebola, HIV etc etc etc.

Labs around the world have been set up to study viruses, not to create them. The exception is gain of function research, reportedly the Wuhan Lab did not have this capability
Reportedly? Is that any different from allegedly?

Not categorically then.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » December 29, 2022, 2:38 pm

No, I would not use absolute terms, let me explain why I am cautious in using terms like 'categorically'.

Fauci denies that any funding went to Wuhan for 'gain of function' research, while he is a target of the looney Right, I think he has shown to be an honest actor. That does not mean that the Chinese had not developed that capability without US help. The Chinese have of course been highly secretive which raises suspicion, but that is all it is suspicion. The Chinese government is secretive about everything, so hardly surprising even for innocent matters.

The Australian virologist Danielle Anderson who actually worked at the lab just prior to Covid emerging, stated that the lab did work and did research work but not have this 'gain of function' capacity.

I believe that Fauci, Anderson and the WHO scientists who went on site and tested the Wuhan market location, are more credible sources than Hannity, Trump and the rest of the Right-wing extremists that tout the 'escaped the lab' conspiracy. In the case of the Telegraph article, it talks about one scientist who never went on site, was never involved at Wuhan and while they may be genuine in their opinion, she appears to lack any first hand involvement.

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » December 29, 2022, 3:46 pm

Fauci did fund China with over $3 Million for research of the virus. I havent seen any information that he was at the research facility

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » December 29, 2022, 4:08 pm

$3M?

Zero funding for 'gain of function'. Plenty of overblown rhetoric about the funding as the crazy Right wanted to nail Fauci and was prone to massive exaggerations including all sorts of far-fetched, and thoroughly debunked conspiracies.

https://deadline.com/2021/07/anthony-fa ... 234799663/

Haven't we done this subject to death on this forum?

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » December 29, 2022, 6:19 pm

Whistler wrote:
December 29, 2022, 2:38 pm
No, I would not use absolute terms, let me explain why I am cautious in using terms like 'categorically'.

Fauci denies that any funding went to Wuhan for 'gain of function' research, while he is a target of the looney Right, I think he has shown to be an honest actor. That does not mean that the Chinese had not developed that capability without US help. The Chinese have of course been highly secretive which raises suspicion, but that is all it is suspicion. The Chinese government is secretive about everything, so hardly surprising even for innocent matters.

The Australian virologist Danielle Anderson who actually worked at the lab just prior to Covid emerging, stated that the lab did work and did research work but not have this 'gain of function' capacity.

I believe that Fauci, Anderson and the WHO scientists who went on site and tested the Wuhan market location, are more credible sources than Hannity, Trump and the rest of the Right-wing extremists that tout the 'escaped the lab' conspiracy. In the case of the Telegraph article, it talks about one scientist who never went on site, was never involved at Wuhan and while they may be genuine in their opinion, she appears to lack any first hand involvement.
Good points well made.

What's your take on EcoHealth Alliance's President Peter Daszak.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » December 30, 2022, 7:22 am

So now after over TWO years of a VIRUS ( Airborne ) which wreaked havoc all around the globe, some of the less enlightened people are still unaware of the Root Cause of the VIRUS, and expounding theories which have been done to death bu the Scientists that in reality do not know the true answer either.

Theories abound and in truth I would rather believe the micro-biologists summation of what they think, than reading points garnered from the corners of the INTERNET and then reposted as being either factual or a best guess idea.

Even the Spanish Flu which killed millions is still traced back to either a Military accomodation site in France or elsewhere and that is over 100 years ago .

BTW Flu still kills as do many other illnesses feely available in many places in the world where health, Cleanlness and abject Poverty rules.

We waste our time discussing the origins of an AIRBORNE VIRUS , which may or may not have escaped form a lab, toilet, market of some other weird place people go to .

Factually the preponderance of some people to EAT weird things or utilise animals which thrive in weird places is part of the problem I am sure .

Can we stop trying to determine the cause as we will NEVER know and concentrate on ensuing all factors to hinder the transmission, ensure our family and friends are safe as can be and then get on with life in the forthcoming years.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » December 30, 2022, 7:46 am

Khun Paul wrote:
December 30, 2022, 7:22 am
So now after over TWO years of a VIRUS ( Airborne ) which wreaked havoc all around the globe, some of the less enlightened people are still unaware of the Root Cause of the VIRUS, and expounding theories which have been done to death bu the Scientists that in reality do not know the true answer either.

Theories abound and in truth I would rather believe the micro-biologists summation of what they think, than reading points garnered from the corners of the INTERNET and then reposted as being either factual or a best guess idea.

Even the Spanish Flu which killed millions is still traced back to either a Military accomodation site in France or elsewhere and that is over 100 years ago .

BTW Flu still kills as do many other illnesses feely available in many places in the world where health, Cleanlness and abject Poverty rules.

We waste our time discussing the origins of an AIRBORNE VIRUS , which may or may not have escaped form a lab, toilet, market of some other weird place people go to .

Factually the preponderance of some people to EAT weird things or utilise animals which thrive in weird places is part of the problem I am sure .

Can we stop trying to determine the cause as we will NEVER know and concentrate on ensuing all factors to hinder the transmission, ensure our family and friends are safe as can be and then get on with life in the forthcoming years.
Thanks for your opinion. You begin by suggesting only the dim don't know the root cause and then expand on this by saying we don't know and furthermore we shouldn't bother to know the root cause. Pretty shambolic diatribe but there you go.

With the last couple of significant coronaviruses broadly accepted by the apolitical scientific community as originating in China, it should be easier to define the source. However, with the CCP already gurning about China being scapegoated after several nations reimpose testing on travelers from China, there's still no chance of them being honest with themselves and cooperating with anyone.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » December 30, 2022, 2:41 pm

EcoHealth Alliance's President Peter Daszak.

Tam, obviously a target of the GOP rotweillers. He seems to have enough support in the scientific community to avoid being mauled.

Seems to be a case of attacking the man and not the ball. I can imagine the dog owners would be enraged, they wanted the lab to be fingered and here is this pesky, highly credentialed scientist who was on the spot destroying their arguments will actual facts...outrageous, string him up.

Return to “COVID-19/Corona Virus”