Corona to escalate world economic shift

Post by mickojak » April 13, 2020, 5:58 pm

Interesting and sensible video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6GqEpmn_Fk

the-monk
udonmap.com

Re: Corona to escalate world economic shift

Post by the-monk » April 13, 2020, 6:54 pm

No surprise, 50 years ago Japan was the manufacturing hub  with rising wages manufacturing went somewhere else.
China has been planning to move from manufacturing ( made in China) to designing ( design in China).
Of course a lot of countries will compete to acquire manufacturing jobs and expertise, one must remember that low wages is just one tool in your toolbox. Countries like Vietnam, Philippines, Indonesia, Brazil, India etc , all will large and young population should become attractive destinations for the low skilled jobs.
Will labour intensive jobs return yo the USA ? Doubtful

mickojak
udonmap.com

Re: Corona to escalate world economic shift

Post by mickojak » April 13, 2020, 7:28 pm

the-monk wrote:
April 13, 2020, 6:54 pm
Will labour intensive jobs return yo the USA ? Doubtful
Correct.
But I think all companies, (that survive), will seriously start spreading their risks, which will be beneficial many worldwide.

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Re: Post Covid ecomony

Post by pipoz4444 » April 15, 2020, 4:15 pm

pipoz4444 wrote:
April 10, 2020, 8:33 pm
jackspratt wrote:
April 10, 2020, 1:26 pm
pipoz4444 wrote:
April 10, 2020, 12:35 pm

Happy to see that the USA have said they will now not fund WHO, until Tedros is gone.
Link/source ?
1.Quote: There will not be any money for the World Health Organization in the next appropriations bill, says South Carolina Sen. Lindsey Graham, chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee.

2. Quote/Extract: I’m not going to support funding the WHO under its current leadership," Graham said. "They’ve been deceptive, they’ve been slow, and they’ve been Chinese apologists. I don’t think they’re a good investment under the current leadership for the United States, and until they change their behavior and get new leadership, I think it’s in America’s best interest to withhold funding because they have failed miserably when it comes to the coronavirus."

Reasonably blunt and unambiguous, if you ask me :-k :-k

pipoz4444

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> AFT = About F..g Time

Finally someones says in public to the World, what everybody knows to be true and or suspects, about Mr. WHO and Mr. TEDROS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFzAt70L8e4

pipoz4444
That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind.

the-monk
udonmap.com

Post by the-monk » April 15, 2020, 4:25 pm

The USA has failed miserably..... Let s get a change of leadership.

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » April 15, 2020, 4:36 pm

WHO is second only to the UN for being a huge wasteful money pit. They pride themselves on seeing how many overpaid influential bureaucrats they have in their organizations.

Kind of like the EU.

rick
udonmap.com

Post by rick » April 15, 2020, 11:32 pm

WHO blame game. May be overly bureaucratic, but all international organisations usually are. Remember their past work - eliminating smallpox, nearly polio, and significant reductions of other infectious diseases.

Blaming WHO for Covid-19 is a joke when you sit on your arse for 2 months after the news broke saying it was just a little thing ......... then have to panic. Europe no better.

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » April 16, 2020, 3:22 am

the-monk wrote:
April 15, 2020, 4:25 pm
The USA has failed miserably..... Let s get a change of leadership.
Leadership? You are giving the current POTUS way too much credit. A true leader takes credit for nothing and takes blame for everything. That's a true leader.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 16, 2020, 8:09 am

rick wrote:
April 15, 2020, 11:32 pm
WHO blame game. May be overly bureaucratic, but all international organisations usually are. Remember their past work - eliminating smallpox, nearly polio, and significant reductions of other infectious diseases.

Blaming WHO for Covid-19 is a joke when you sit on your arse for 2 months after the news broke saying it was just a little thing ......... then have to panic. Europe no better.
The WHO called this a pandemic about 5 weeks after it had already passed their own publicly stated criteria of when an epidemic becomes pandemic. On one notable press conference a few weeks before they changed their minds (or had their minds changed for them), when asked directly if it was already a pandemic by their own metrics, they said no, it wasn't.

Meanwhile, the world inexplicably watched and waited.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » April 17, 2020, 10:37 am

A different, and in my view more balanced, perspective about what the WHO should and shouldn't have done earlier this year.
Critics such as Mr Trump are correct to observe that the WHO’s panjandrums have been obsequious towards China, the geographical source of the covid-19-causing virus, SARS-CoV-2. Dr Tedros himself has praised China’s president, Xi Jinping, for his “political leadership”. However, he has also praised Mr Trump for his “great work”.

Such emollience is a consequence of the fact that only with the co-operation of its member countries can the WHO get on with its day job of acquiring data, weighing them up, and dispatching consequent advice and support around the world.

This applies not only to unexpected epidemics like that now raging, but also to quotidian killers such as measles, malaria, HIV, tuberculosis, polio, diarrhoea, malnutrition, cancer and diabetes.
https://www.economist.com/science-and-t ... cle-link-6

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » April 17, 2020, 12:03 pm

UK govt extends "lockdown" for a further 3 weeks to protect the Economy

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » April 17, 2020, 2:50 pm

glalt wrote:
April 15, 2020, 4:36 pm
WHO is second only to the UN for being a huge wasteful money pit. They pride themselves on seeing how many overpaid influential bureaucrats they have in their organizations.

Kind of like the EU.
It is disgusting that so many of those well paid bureaucrats responsible for overseeing WHO, were to busy sucking up to China, so as to collect their monthly salary cheque and or other benefits from that that Organization :-k :-k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c07MnRmJPcI
That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind.

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » April 17, 2020, 2:56 pm

At least 43,000 American millionaires who are too rich to get coronavirus stimulus checks are getting a far bigger boost — averaging $1.6 million each, according to a congressional committee.

https://nypost.com/2020/04/16/43k-us-mi ... 1-6m-each/

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » April 23, 2020, 10:02 am

Heres a vid that makes Tams Moore feature seem positively flowery .. get the tissues ready !!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ik092LpWOXw

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

TJ
udonmap.com

Post by TJ » April 23, 2020, 12:00 pm

Who knows when the Post-Covid economy will arrive? When or if it does, that old lament, "It ain't what it used to be," will likely be heard everywhere.

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » April 23, 2020, 4:43 pm

I guess the thing is ,if they open up too early 1. A lot of people will still stay at home 2 all the effort made already would have been a waste of time ,back to square one. One thing I admire, at least the UK government are honest and tell us this could go on untill the end of the year. Deffo no rolling a turd in glitter
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » April 30, 2020, 4:30 pm

Another nail in the coffin lid of Pattaya ... high end decease free holiday location with limited gateways ..

https://thethaiger.com/coronavirus/cv19 ... l-packages

DM

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » May 1, 2020, 4:45 am

Im amazed they still have hope they can still attract visitors when this is all over .
Well done them . I like hope , hope propels a man .

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 1, 2020, 7:41 am

saint wrote:
May 1, 2020, 4:45 am
Im amazed they still have hope they can still attract visitors when this is all over .
Well done them . I like hope , hope propels a man .
MAYBE ..thats MAYBE .. at a later juncture potential tourists will when choosing a holiday destination factor in how a particular country handled the C19 crisis and how sure they can be of a virus free holiday .. the idea of targeting high end big spenders to GUARANTEED clean virus free secure locations and charging handsomely for the privelage isnt so daft and may work... Phuket n Samui etc are perfect due to they can be easily policed and screened ... alas it aint gonna happen in Pattaya and the place IMO is doomed.

DM

Return to “COVID-19/Corona Virus”