Post Covid ecomony

tamada
udonmap.com

Re: Post Covid ecomony

Post by tamada » June 29, 2021, 10:20 pm

^ The Department of Airports were talking about opening a C-19 secure "corridor" at Suvarnabhumi to provide another way of funneling Phuket-bound pax in transit. I guess if all parties agree, they could do the same for Samui.

I also read that Koh Larn off Pattaya is also seeking to join these pilot sandboxing adventures. I'm sure if Koh Larn gets the nod, Pattaya will be making their case if not already.

The islands should be easy enough to secure and maybe stop people slipping in and out. I've never been to Krabi so don't know how difficult it would be to secure the road 'borders' there. Pattaya would be a nightmare to partition off by road although they did get some experience doing it after last year's big lockdown.

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » June 29, 2021, 10:50 pm

pipoz4444 wrote:
June 6, 2021, 2:42 pm
In 2017, before the known existence of Covid-19
1. Nearly 150,000 people die each day around the world, according to 2017 data
2. Cardiovascular diseases are the biggest killer globally, in 2017 with 48,742 daily deaths.

My humble view is that on 01 July or 01 August 2021, the "World Majority" (excluding India, Brazil & Columbia) should just take off the Covid-19 shackles and completely return to a near normal life, without the "Reactionary Lockdowns" and without need for "Mandatory Quarantine at Borders" (but still with some sensible testing precaution being retained), accept the fact that some people will still die, and so return economic stability to all those who are suffering.

PS: Just my 2 cents worth \:D/ \:D/ and I had nothing better to do this morning :-({|= :fryingpan: :guitar: :wave:

pipoz4444
I repeat what I said before and its a sad day for Australia, when we have idiots from all walks of politics, running the Country

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sm0ldP3EWKs

pipoz4444
That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » June 30, 2021, 11:19 am

Pip,

Many people share your view, but the majority according to the polls agree with lockdowns. What has been shown in the first 2 waves, is that countries with strict lockdowns had their economies bouncing back much better than those who tried to avoid these tough measures.

The thing that gets my mind racing, is why some countries really put the effort into vaccinating as many as possible, USA and UK are examples. In the USA deaths and new infections have plummeted with around half the country being fully vaccinated. No severe lockdowns are required.

It's a reasonable conclusion is the best way to avoid lockdowns, is to get people vaccinated as quickly as possible. Fewer lockdowns, lower rate of new infections and less deaths. Here in Thailand, the vaccination rollout is a fiasco, no wonder this third wave is forcing the authorities to try to do something, if they don't lockdown, the spread of the virus will be devastating.

My conclusion, they haven proven that their incompetency in rolling out vaccinations is forcing lockdowns.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » June 30, 2021, 8:12 pm

Whistler,

I don't disagree with what you say, particularly the part of "Reasonable Conclusion & Conclusion". My understanding with regards to Australia's vaccination progress is, that most (if not all) of the elderly who were most at Risk and also most vulnerable (where possible) have now been vaccinated, at least with the first Doses, thereby mitigating to a large extent the risk that was unknown and was real to them, at the start of the Covid-19 Pandemic.

What I would also say, before I start my Rant for today, is that , “majority decisions and majority opinions, are not always correct and not always to be blindly followed in life. I prefer to make informed decisions, based on facts and credible rational, rather that run with the herd mentality. :pirate:

There may well be Polls, but personally, I am not aware of any Polls taken in Australia, (particularly from those directly affected by the lockdown) that support the Government current Lockdown actions, at this time. ](*,) ](*,)

Nevertheless, I can understand that if a Survey or Poll was taken from Politicians, Public Servants and others, who regularly feed of the tax revenues, that yes, they would more than happily support the philosophy and approach of “Lockdowns”, so that they could sit at home daily and check their ATM Balances. Yes, I am being very cynical today, towards that group of “Free Loaders”. :fryingpan: :drunk:

Ok back, onto today’s RANT. :yikes: :wave:

According to Reuters, as of 3 days ago Australia has administered some 7,374,666 doses, which supposedly translates into 24.3% of the people having received at least one dose so far and a 4.8 % having been fully vaccinated (arguably some 6.162 Million x First Dose and 1.217 Million Fully Vaccinated, respectively). Whilst not the best Age Distribution graph below, it does indicate that the proportion of the population aged 65 years in 2019, was around 15.9%. (4.03 M). Over 70 Years Old was 11.7%. The percentage numbers for each Age group have been predictable for the past10 years. :-k :-k

Capture 4 Australia Age over 65.PNG

Also given Australia’s Heath Care system is organized, compared to some, it is reasonable to assume that most (if not all) of the Australians over 65 years old have had at least one Dose. I would also presume the same could be said for most of the other Vulnerable groups in the population, given our Heath Care system would follow the same protocol of Age, for that of the Vulnerable. Granted a number of the over 65 year bracket have not yet had their second dose and are so not all fully vaccinated.

Also given Australia’s Heath Care system is organized, compared to some, it is reasonable to assume that most (if not all) of the Australians over 65 years old have had at least one Doses. I would also presume the same could be said for our most Vulnerable, given our Heath Care system would follow the same protocol of Age and Vulnerable, first. Granted a number of the over 65 year bracket have not yet had their second does and are so not all fully vaccinated.

Australia’s role out of the vaccination has been slow if not disappointing for such a Nation and this has to reflect on the inability the Politicians and so called expert Health Authorities, who can’t organize “Jack ----” I assume that they who knew the country would need to vaccinate the population and I can only assume that they knew how many people they would need to dose/ vaccinate twice. Any idiot can do the Math’s, with reasonable degree of accuracy

20.47 Million Australian over 15 years old, therefore around 41.0 Million jabs
112,000 Doses to be administered every Day at Peak, which is what they are currently doing for whatever reason and which I presume they aimed for?

Surprisingly the number comes out to 365 Days??? :yikes:

I may be wrong, but it looks to me, like these "Fuckers" always planned to take "One Year" to fully vaccinate the 20.47 Million Australians over the age of 15. If so, then the question has to be "WHY", did they need to spread out the Vaccination programe over a full Year, if this is what they intended to do. Then again they may be running out of Needles for the Vaccine quicker, that they can't get it delivered. Either way it doesn't look very organized or planned, at this Rate. :-({|= :-({|=

https://graphics.reuters.com/world-coro ... nd-access/

Just my 2 cent worth for the day

Apologies for the log winded Rant, but its late in the day and I have had enough Coffee to keep me awake \:D/ \:D/ :sleepy: :sleepy: :sleepy:

pipoz4444
Last edited by pipoz4444 on July 1, 2022, 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » June 30, 2021, 8:25 pm

Very good Pip. I agree with all you have said.

The state/federal system is a flawed model. Morrison is more motivated by personal power than being concerned about his citizens. The Federal government controls the vaccine, but the states administer health, very dysfunctional.

1. Did he underestimate the potential for a 3rd wave?
2. Was he trying to contain costs.
3. Did he want to perpetuate the crises so he could play 'strong leader'.
4, Is he hooked on the idea of 'Fortress Australia'

I frankly do not know, I think he is hugely incompetent. Now Hunt on the other hand is a dope of the highest order. He was actually crowned as the best cabinet minister in the world around 2016 when he was Minister of The Environment, Buddha knows why.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

Declan MacPherson
udonmap.com

Post by Declan MacPherson » June 30, 2021, 8:42 pm

if masks and lockdowns and social distancing worked there would no longer be anyone dying . survival is about youth and healthy bodies . those unable to survive are the aged and unhealthy . a lifetime of healthy living is paying off . go herd .

word tonight from a thai restaurant owner that centara hotel next to central plaza in udon thani let go half the staff
"Put on the whole armor of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil." - Ephesians 6:11

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » June 30, 2021, 8:55 pm

pipoz4444 wrote:
June 29, 2021, 10:50 pm
I repeat what I said before and its a sad day for Australia, when we have idiots from all walks of politics, running the Country
pipo, can you point to a 1st world economy that has "let it run" and has a lower, or even equal death rate to Australia?

How many deaths would be acceptable to you to accommodate a full opening?

The vaccination roll out in Oz has been a total clusterfuuck - which you can attribute fairly and squarely to the Morrison government.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-06-30/ ... /100252912

State governments, which have focussed on shutdowns as and when required, are enjoying record levels of approval - despite the noisy and ignorant protestations (based purely on politics) from far right wing media such as Sky News.

You may have noticed those governments are generally from the left side of Australian politics.

Just like global warming, the mad right has decided to attack Covid responses on the basis of politics, rather than science.

Refer above.

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » June 30, 2021, 11:31 pm

JS

You first point isn't relevant, as you appear to refer to Other nations. This is not about "Follow the Leader". This is about what Australia should do for itself at this point in time and what is best for the Australian people. Fu..k the rest, overseas, they can manage their own domain they way they see fit. I will get you your question in a minute.

With regards to the issue of the Lockdowns, I am referring to the very recent and present situation and then the pace of the roll out of the Vaccinations. I am advocating that it is time for forgo, what I consider to be unnecessary lockdowns closures of cities and businesses, at this point in time, as I am not sure exactly what or who they are to trying to protect.

Initially the premise of lockdowns over the past 17 month or so, was driven by an uncertainty of how the virus did spread and who would be most effected by it and how dangerous it would or could be. Over time the Medical fraternity have come to understand the Covid-19 virus, who its target victims are most likely, which age groups are at most risk, how the virus does predominantly spread and what simple measures to take to minimize the chances of catching it. Granted in the first 12 months being overly cautious, was required and was prudent. The Medical fraternity have also learnt how better to elderly and other who catch it, something they did not know in 2020.

But today we are were we are and my view (which you are welcome to disagree with) is that we are beyond that point of needing to overly cautious and needing to contain it to a Zero spread, having now virtually vaccinated all or most of those elderly and most vulnerable. To continue to err on the side of caution, if not being over protective, for "How Long", is Folly. :-k :-k Again just my view.

So my question to you is, "Exactly who or what, are they trying to protect or save at this juncture, by attempting to contain the spread of the Virus to almost Zero cases? :-k :-k

Below is the Graph of Australian Deaths by Age. There are not many Deaths (as a Percentage or Number), below the Age a 60 and a relatively few in the 60-69 age group.
Age 60-69 26 Males and 12 Females have died, in almost 17 months
Age 50-59 10 Males and 5 Females have died, in almost 17 months
Age 40-49 2 Males and Zero Females
Age 30-39 2 Males and Zero Females
Age 20-29 1 Male and Zero Females

By my approx. calculation, 28 Male and 11 Females, being a Total of 39 No People, below 65 years old have died from Covid-19 in he past 17 months. At rate of 2.29 Deaths per Month for the under 60 Age Group. This may be sad, but it was inevitable, with an unknown pandemic.

Australians under 60 (well maybe under 50) are generally considered to be healthy society

So, in response to your question which was "How Many Death would I accept to go to a full Opening", the answer is anything less than "3 Deaths per Month" from the remaining unvaccinated people most of whom at under 60 Years old, would be acceptable to me, if it was for the benefit of the 25 plus Million Australians, some 66% of who have to front up to work on a normal day, many of whom do it just to pay their bills from month to month.

Last year, Australia averaged 3.03 Deaths per Day for Road Traffic Deaths and for the 12 years before that, between m 2008 to 2019 that daily average of road traffic death rate, was consistently higher. These are Deaths per Day, (from Driving) not per Month, 30 times that of Covid-19 for the under 60 age group.

So Yes, I would accept a Death Rate 3 per Month from Covid-19, which is arguably 1 /30th of that which happens every day to Australians on the Australian Roads, and we don't blink an eye about that.

Second question Jack, would you like to ban cars on the Australian Roads for 17 Months and have all Australians walk or cycle to work, for the benefit of saving 3 x Souls per Day (that is 1500 per years vs the 39 lost to Covid under 60).

Death is inevitable Jack, something we all get for free. You cant stop it, so why worry about it. :-k

Capture 1 Australian Deaths by Age.PNG
Taken from the Australian Government Department of Health

Capture 2 Australian Deaths by Age.PNG

By the way, my post was "A" Political and had nothing to do with the Left vs Right mentality, that you appear too have loosely referred to. It was a overall criticism of all of them regardless of their Political persuasion or whichever way they swing it, for the way in which them had dragged out the "Vaccine Roll Out" and the generalization of their reasoning for the current Lockdowns, claiming them to be a necessity for the good of all Australians, at this time. Bollocks \:D/ \:D/

So I will repeat my question, "Exactly who or what are they trying to protect or save at this juncture, by attempting to contain the spread of the Virus to almost Zero cases?

PS. You don't have to agree with my views on the Government (s) recent performance and my rejection of their decisions to Lockdown. Many don't, but I do. \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

PS. We still take precautions and still were mask and I have no issue with that.

Not sure where Global Warming fits into the argument or post, must be one of your Red Herrings :wave:

Where I am, life is relatively normal. Covid-19 new case numbers are still running at just over 120 No per Day in a population that is 1 /10th of Australia's. 60% of the population have had their first shot and 50% have been fully vaccinated. The roll out was much better managed than in Australia

Yes we still need to wear a mask when we go out in Public, but the shops, restaurants and bars are open. Go to the bar wearing your mask on the way in, sit down at the table with your friends and then you can take off the mask at the table whilst drinking in groups of up to 6 people. No Impromptu Business Lockdowns. As I said, sensible precautions and not the ridiculous antics of the Australian State Government. The business impact situation, has been much better managed than in Australia. \:D/ \:D/ =D>

pipoz4444
Last edited by pipoz4444 on July 1, 2021, 10:59 am, edited 5 times in total.

rick
udonmap.com

Post by rick » July 1, 2021, 1:17 am

The problem is lockdown lite doesn't work with the Delta (Indian) variant. Look at the UK - from 3,000 cases a day to over 20,000 cases a day in a month. Only the high vaccination rate stops a lot of them ending up in hospital, hasn't stopped a lot from getting infected. Business as usual leads to tens, or hundreds of thousands of deaths like USA and Brazil. You either crackdown hard or just ride the wave.

Declan MacPherson
udonmap.com

Post by Declan MacPherson » July 1, 2021, 10:13 am

number of cases is how the lying corporate media spreads fear . try looking at fatalities instead .

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/20 ... cites-08-/
Rand Paul rips delta variant ‘fearmongers,’ cites .08% death rate in unvaccinated group
“New public England study of delta variant shows 44 deaths out of 53,822 (.08%) in unvaccinated group.
masks do not work . lockdowns do not work . social distancing does not work . government experts mostly lie . but fear works .

quarantine the sick . insulate the most vulnerable . bed wetters can wear their masks and lock themselves away and leave the rest of us alone .
"Put on the whole armor of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil." - Ephesians 6:11

rick
udonmap.com

Post by rick » July 1, 2021, 1:43 pm

“New public England study of delta variant shows 44 deaths out of 53,822 (.08%) in unvaccinated group.
Unfortunately it doesn't say how this group was selected - for the USA as a whole the death rate is 0.18%, so he would have to find a bit of an outlier to get that figure. That figure i quoted might also sound low, but still officially 620,000 deaths nationally. And, of course, the excess deaths (the real Covid-19 fatalities) is higher still.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » July 1, 2021, 1:54 pm

Declan MacPherson wrote:
June 30, 2021, 8:42 pm
if masks and lockdowns and social distancing worked there would no longer be anyone dying . survival is about youth and healthy bodies . those unable to survive are the aged and unhealthy . a lifetime of healthy living is paying off . go herd .

word tonight from a thai restaurant owner that centara hotel next to central plaza in udon thani let go half the staff
If "survival is about youth and healthy bodies", how come the numbers of infections across the young and the thoughtless are ramping up compared with the ageing and unfit who defiled their 'temples' with burgers, booze and ciggies?

That's a bad sign at Centara. The only hope they have is maybe becoming an ASQ hotel when this 4th wave gatecrashes the provincial borders or the kettling of people in ASQ's in and around Bangkok gets overwhelmed.

Giggle
udonmap.com

Post by Giggle » July 1, 2021, 2:14 pm

"Cases" are used to instill fear. A perfectly asymptomatic, healthy person is called a positive case. Need more "cases"? Administer more tests. Still need more "cases"? Lower the threshold. That was easy! Ignore or cancel those who point to the science. Rely on the staggering ignorance of most people -- it's an iron-clad safe bet.

"Deaths" are padded by creative categorization.

If this plandemic were truly serious, they wouldn't be playing these games.

Never let a crisis go to waste. If no crisis comes along -- make one.
Ashli Babbitt -- SAY HER NAME!

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » July 1, 2021, 6:54 pm

Just listen to the stupidity and arrogance of these two clowns,

Steven Marshall (Corrected Post Text): Weak as piss and cant obviously stand a bit of pressure questioning from a journalist, plus lying through his teeth.

1.Quote “10,000 people losing their lives around the World and we are not taking chances”. What is the f..ck.en relevance ? What he should be referring to is the number of people who have succumbed to Covid-19, in South Australia and when?

NOTE: The last Death from Covid 19 in SA, was a 74-year-old man contracted the virus from the Ruby Princess cruise ship and died overnight in the Royal Adelaide Hospital on 12 April 2020. Yes contracted the virus on a cruise ship when overseas and died some 15.5 month ago. =; =; :-k

Those who died before, were a
76 Year old Man who acquired it from a group of Swiss tourists
62 Years old Woman who also was a passenger on the Ruby Princess
75 Years old Man

2.Restrictions announced to be Imposed, when there were Zero New Cases reported in play, at the time [-X ](*,) ](*,)

3.And then the Bitch: What an arrogant piece of works she is and a clueless one at that. [-( [-( [-X

These are the “Fearless leaders”, in South Australia. One would have to be embarrassed as a South Australian to have these clowns representing them. It is really pitiful, if not shameful, how these and other State Politicians, perform. [-X [-X

I am dam glad that I don’t contribute one cent towards paying their Salaries.

Capture 1 South Australia Covid 19 Dashboard.PNG

https://www.skynews.com.au/australia-ne ... 44b4bb2408

pipoz4444
Last edited by pipoz4444 on July 1, 2021, 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Declan MacPherson
udonmap.com

Post by Declan MacPherson » July 1, 2021, 7:35 pm

tamada wrote:
July 1, 2021, 1:54 pm
numbers of infections
those are the numbers that media uses to instill fear and bed wetting .

fatalities and survival rates should be the focus on a virus that is highly contagious but rarely fatal . goes without saying that hosptals have been caught lying on death certifificates so deaths are even less than reported .

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » July 1, 2021, 7:38 pm

pipoz4444 wrote:
July 1, 2021, 6:54 pm
Just listen to the stupidity and arrogance of these two clowns,

Grant Stevens: Weak as piss and cant obviously stand a bit of pressure questioning from a journalist, plus lying through his teeth.

1.Quote “10,000 people losing their lives around the World and we are not taking chances”. What is the f..ck.en relevance ? What he should be referring to is the number of people who have succumbed to Covid-19, in South Australia and when?

NOTE: The last Death from Covid 19 in SA, was a 74-year-old man contracted the virus from the Ruby Princess cruise ship and died overnight in the Royal Adelaide Hospital on 12 April 2020. Yes contracted the virus on a cruise ship when overseas and died some 15.5 month ago. =; =; :-k

Those who died before, were a
76 Year old Man who acquired it from a group of Swiss tourists
62 Years old Woman who also was a passenger on the Ruby Princess
75 Years old Man

2.Restrictions announced to be Imposed, when there were Zero New Cases reported in play, at the time [-X ](*,) ](*,)

3.And then the Bitch: What an arrogant piece of works she is and a clueless one at that. [-( [-( [-X

These are the “Fearless leaders”, in South Australia. One would have to be embarrassed as South Australian to have these clowns representing them. It is really pitiful if not shameful, how these and other State Politicians, perform. [-X [-X

I am dam glad that I don’t contribute one cent towards paying their Salaries.

Capture 1 South Australia Covid 19 Dashboard.PNG

https://www.skynews.com.au/australia-ne ... 44b4bb2408

pipoz4444
Grant Stevens - one minute, as SA Police Commissioner, he is rising up against the SA government.

Based on, apparently, the totally unsubstantiated word of a right wing talking head, and I quote (taken from pipo's link above):
“But I’m told the police commissioner, Grant Stevens, was able to do what he has done a number of times and dial it back, imposing his will and stopping a lockdown...

....“Now I should point out the premier’s office has denied this characterisation but it seems clear a lockdown was at the very least, a serious consideration.

Next minute - apparently he is:
Weak as piss and cant obviously stand a bit of pressure questioning from a journalist, plus lying through his teeth.
What?

And so we move on to peak misogyny:
3.And then the Bitch: What an arrogant piece of works she is and a clueless one at that.
Is the Chief Health Officer for South Australia a "bitch", "arrogant" and "clueless" because she has a different (and it is safe to assume, scientifically led) view to someone who it seems is deriving their opinions from watching Sky News Australia - the Murdoch owned poor cousin of Fox News USA?

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » July 1, 2021, 9:15 pm

JS I don't need your acceptance of and permission to post, by the way.

None the less, it is not misogyny to refer to an individual Female as a Bitch, for the way she acted in response to a legitimate question and the the way she simply cut the Journalist off, when it all got to close to the truth. [-X

You need to study your definitions of the English language a little better, as Misogyny is the "dislike of, contempt for, or ingrained prejudice against women", as in women in general. My contempt for her was as an individual in a position of Authority and the way in which she responded, along with the evasiveness of how she responded, to what was a legitimate question from the Journalist. Your defense of the CHO is because you don't like the TV/News Paper Organization. :-k :-k I have a lot of time for Women in general, but not for the incompetent way this CHO came across.

"Stevens" I must apologize, got the name wrong. [-o< [-o< I meant to say, Steven Marshal the Premier of South Australia, he who was speaking/responding to the Journalist. The response from the Premier of SA to the question from the Journalist, was just evasive, but less rude. =; Hence my WAP tag of him (He who was speaking - The Premier)

It would appear that you have ordained yourself the "Champion" of the Politically correct on this Forum. Good luck in your endeavors. But count me out, as I am not one of the PC Brigade, so I will decline your invitation to join the Club. \:D/ \:D/

I would also note that you seem very happy to denigrate not only this Journalist, but also others, in previous posts. Simply because the Organization's that the Journalist work for and not because of the nature of Journalist questions or what that Journalist may publish or say.

This would suggest that you have a "prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism" only towards certain Journalist based on the Membership Association or the Organization that they work for. One could even argue that this has a "Racist Overtone", on your part. Racism being defined as "A prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism by an individual, community, or institution, against a Person or People on the basis of their Membership. :-k :-k

Seems to fit you pretty well by that definition, as you clearly have a prejudice against this particular journalist (Mr. K ......) simply or only because he works for TV Sky News (owned by M) and not because of the questions that he asked. You have type cast Mr K...and you obvious despise Mr. M..... Also aligns with some of your other previous Posts. :-k :-k

pipoz4444
Last edited by pipoz4444 on July 2, 2021, 1:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » July 1, 2021, 9:39 pm

pipoz4444 wrote:
July 1, 2021, 9:15 pm
JS I don't need your acceptance of and permission to post, by the way.
That's good, because nobody has suggested you do, least of all me.

But to put it bluntly, IMO you totally lack credibility.

And why you may (or may not) ask?
pipoz4444

This would suggest that you have a "prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism" only towards certain Journalist based on the Membership Association or the Organization that they work for. One could even argue that this is a form of "Racism", on your part. Racism being defined as "A prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism by an individual, community, or institution, against a Person or People on the basis of their Membership. :-k :-k
In trying to play the "racism" card (where have I seen that before), you have left out half of the definition you posted, ie:
Prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism by an individual, community, or institution against a person or people on the basis of their membership of a particular racial or ethnic group, typically one that is a minority or marginalized.
https://www.lexico.com/definition/racism

Not very clever.

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » July 6, 2021, 12:03 pm

Finally some common sense in World, with Leadership as opposed to the Political Clowns running Australia

Not surprised that it is a Asian country like Singapore that will take the lead, using some common sense, rather than political fear mongering. Singapore at least, have a plan on a way forward, which more that I can say about some other Idiots. :-k :-k

SINGAPORE: 62.2% Received one Doses and 37.8 % have been fully vaccinated, some 5.7 Million vaccine doses in total have been administered. Reuters Graphics: https://graphics.reuters.com/world-coro ... nd-access/

Extract: Singapore may ease more Covid-19 curbs on July 12, says Ong Ye Kung

SINGAPORE - The next relaxation of Covid-19 measures is expected on July 12, as part of a three-step plan for the country's further reopening that could potentially see the Republic transitioning to a new normal, as well as leisure travel returning by the end of the year. =D> =D>

"Come July 12, we are looking at opening up to (allow) more people dining together, and whether there are other openings that we can consider," Health Minister Ong Ye Kung told The Straits Times' senior health correspondent Salma Khalik in an exclusive interview on Thursday (July 1).

He added that this relaxation of measures is less dependent on vaccination rates, and more on whether Covid-19 clusters are under control.

The next milestone for further easing will be in the second half of July, when half of the population would have been fully vaccinated, followed by National Day, when two-thirds of residents would have been inoculated, he added.

“Hopefully we can mark (the milestone) with the National Day Parade as another step of opening, before we progress to the endemic Covid-19 stage. You want the transition to be a... step-by-step one, where you progressively move towards it, as opposed to a sudden change,” said the minister, who co-chairs the multi-ministry task force tackling Covid-19.

Mr Ong said he also shares Singaporeans' aspirations for leisure travel to resume by the end of the year. Possible destinations would be countries with high vaccination rates, and which have seen downward trends in their infection rates.

The task force announced on June 24 that Singapore will transition to a new normal where Covid-19 will be managed like other endemic diseases.

"We are in this transition phase while we vaccinate more of our population... It may take a month or two before we arrive at a percentage that we are more comfortable with, that gives us confidence to open up more. In the meantime, testing remains very important," said Mr Ong.

He noted that 37 per cent of the population are now fully vaccinated, with 57 per cent to 58 per cent partially vaccinated.

There are also other key considerations in transitioning to living with endemic Covid-19, though the decision had been made based on science, he added.

After an extended period of restrictions, fatigue has set in, and there is a certain sense of battle weariness among people.

"You cannot expect people to live like that - restricting themselves, not meeting friends, not being able to travel," he said, noting that some have been apart from families, and that some workers have not been allowed to enter the country.

There are also other major considerations, such as the trajectory of the pandemic, as well as the development of the vaccines and treatments Singapore now has at its disposal that could make living with endemic Covid-19 a possibility.
While scientists estimate that a vaccination rate of at least 80 per cent is required for the population to gain herd immunity against the Delta variant, Mr Ong said that people can still live with an endemic Covid-19 if this is not achieved.

"People will still get infected, but they are fine. And so you make Covid-19 more like influenza, you can't make Covid-19 like measles, for example, where you try to eradicate it."

“In terms of risk and reward, it is one of the most sensible things to do.” =D> =D>

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/ ... ow-leisure

Capture 1 Singapore Covid 19 Status.PNG

https://graphics.reuters.com/world-coro ... nd-access/

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » July 7, 2021, 3:35 pm

International Air Flight Prices in the Future

Currently there are some reports (in the media) of horrific costs, for flights back to Australia, but hopefully this is isolated to the current circumstance and restriction being imposed on the carriers by the Australia Government and permissible passenger numbers on each flight. Not sure how true they really are, but it must be a worry for those looking to fly back to Australia, in the next few months? :-k :-k

LINK: https://www.9news.com.au/national/coron ... 432ca8f681

As to travelling to and from other parts of the World to Thailand, it is hard to determine if there will be a short or long term increase or even decrease, to the cost of that travel to Thailand, in the 4th quarter of 2021, presumably after the current Covid-19 situation, has settled down somewhat.

So, I thought I would look at possible flight cost to Thailand in early October 2021, starting with flying from where I am to Bangkok. If I were to book a Return flight from here to Bangkok, on 01 October 2021
1. Economy it would cost me between USD 971 – 1308, depending on my choice of Departure Times at each end, Stop or Non-Stop flight and if it is Economy Classic (Cheapest) or Economy Convenience (Mid Eco Range)
2. Business USD 2,683 (Business Classic) to USD 2,906 (Business Comfort) to USD 3,591 (Business Elite)

In short, the above prices being displayed by an Airline that I have traveled with many times in the past years, as shown on the Airline Web Page, compared to late 2019, are now shown as increased by between 20% on Economy and 50% plus on Business. Not necessarily a good sign for the future international travel. :-k :-k

It would be interesting to see whether the flights from UK to Thailand in the 4th quarter of 2021, have increased or not from say those in late 2019.

pipoz4444

Return to “COVID-19/Corona Virus”