Post Covid ecomony

Barney
udonmap.com

Post Covid ecomony

Post by Barney » July 26, 2021, 8:08 am

tamada wrote:
pipoz4444 wrote:
July 14, 2021, 9:32 pm
You can complain about where you are and some of the hardships that the Governments, might impose, but just try living in a place like this. :-k :-k =;

I feel for those who own, what were once Businesses and also for those who used to work in them. They are now truly F..ked. :-# :-#

This is straight out of the Movie "World Z" [-(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uyi5FXajl3o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMpy9QA53JY

I can't see it ever being permitted to happen in Thailand, no matter how bad things might get. [-( [-(

And for sure as hell it will never be permitted to happen where I am. \:D/ \:D/

pipoz4444
Hasn't it kicked off in Sydney (and Adelaide and Melbourne and Brisbane) already?
take that neddy.jpg
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/ ... -lockdown-
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tamada
udonmap.com

Re: Post Covid ecomony

Post by tamada » July 26, 2021, 8:53 am

Niggly wrote:
July 25, 2021, 3:31 pm
Breaking News:
First images emerging of the new Blitish Vaccine Passport to be accepted by Border & Immigration desks near you from 1st October 2020

(You might need to show 2 or 3 depending on the officer)
Oh wow! They look remarkably similar to the ones recommended for the following border crossing.
welcome home.jpg

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » July 27, 2021, 10:46 pm

pipoz4444 wrote:
May 17, 2021, 2:11 pm
A look at Thailand's Economy outlook for 2021, and a more realistic prediction of only some 2 Million Tourists in Year 2021. Even achieving this, mainly between October 2021 (when they possibly lift AQS) and end of 2021, will be difficult, especially if the visiting Countries have their out issues to deal with and own restrictions in place. 2 Million for the year is a long way short of the 40 Million of 2019.

Thai Baht Rate: If the event of 2021 to date with the new wave of Covid-19 and the now reality of only 2 Million Tourist during the remainder of Year 2021, and Thailand's economy growth hanging its hopes on a boost in Exports, doesn't manage to rock the Thai Baht (from todays B 31.4 to the USD) back to near on B 33 to the USD, then nothing ever will :-k :-k

The ministry slashed its forecast for the number of foreign tourists to only 2 million this year from 5 million it had predicted three months ago, senior ministry official Kulaya Tantitemit told a briefing.

That compares to nearly 40 million in 2019, before the pandemic hit.

pipoz4444
Two months on, and the TAT or Tourism Minister (can remember what or who) is now suggesting there may only be 1.0 Million Tourists coming to Thailand this year. :-k :-k Possibly even a stretch of the imagination. :-k :-k

And Thai Baht has slid out to 32.92 B to the USD. A move in the right direction. \:D/ \:D/

pipoz4444
That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind.

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » August 4, 2021, 11:54 am

The Thai Baht at 33.07 and an appropriate song to celebrate \:D/ \:D/

04 August 2021 Thai Baht XE Exchange.PNG

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4Mc-NYPHaQ

pipoz4444

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » August 4, 2021, 12:16 pm

Wish I had a crystal ball!

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » August 12, 2021, 12:18 pm

Past younger generations (not so much mine) have had to cope with and real catastrophes, during their upbringing, such as be WW2 and before that, the Great Depression, as did their parents. These were real uncertain events and times. Yet those generations managed to get through it. Covid-19 may be a significant event, but it is hardly a catastrophic one, compared to some in the 19th Century. :confused: :-k

Interestingly some of the current younger generation, aged between 15 and 30, have trouble staying at home in their house/room for a 2 week lockdown or even wearing a mask, hardly an earth shattering or catastrophic impact on the daily lives of many of the young. [-( =;

If anything Covid-19 has impacted on our generation and not that of the younger aged 15 to 30, yet they can’t cope with it, but our generation has to cope, or our alternative is likely to be that box in the ground?

Pity we could not go back in time and see how the current younger generation would handle lives during the London blitz or in the middle of the great depression when there were very few jobs. :-k

One of several things will happen in the next 20 years
1. Many people will move away from traditional working jobs, and move onto forms contract work, likely to work from home of elsewhere. As such many of the more tradition jobs, particularly in offices and retail, will completely disappear forever, with some being replace by new ones. Lifestyles will move on, in a different way, with reasonable levels of employment for many, an may well be improved but likely more expensive standards of living. A Tier of people will be well to very well off.
2. Traditional jobs will disappear at an alarming rate and not be replaced with new opportunities for those who really need that type of traditional job. Unemployment will stay high and the population will slowing divide into two main groups, Those that Have and Those that do not Have. (In Time, a 2011 Movie). Many of the young generation 20 years down the track, will fall through the cracks and not have the prospects that we now have in our later years and ask themselves what happened.
3. I will leave No 3, for others to predict their outcomes 20 years from now. Anyone with a clear crystal ball \:D/ \:D/

pipoz44

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » August 12, 2021, 1:17 pm

watched a program with industrial robots building industrial robots. the line could build 16 different types and was controlled by AI. the only humans involved were people loading into bays, engineers making sure the robots didn't break down, two guys inputting orders that was left to the AI to work out which order to build the orders , a couple more doing diagnostic testing at the end of the line and a few more loading them on the trucks. mind boggling ,a couple of dozen guys running a factory producing hundreds of robots every 24 hours.
one thing that might make a comeback is the fresh produce vans like in the old days, its ok getting your shopping on line but forgetting to order milk or bread would be a pain , but with a lot more people working from home there could be a market, look how well grab have done.
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » August 12, 2021, 1:35 pm

For sure its gonna be a very different world on so many fronts post covid .. the jury is still out on how the tourist , entertainment /restaurant sectors will respond , the venues that havent called it a day and re open may be busy as hell ....or ... will customers of gotten used to grab and eating drinking at home and carry on .. my bizz colleagues in Bkk are estimating 60-70 % of the nightlife zones wont fully reopen with many units totally stripped and for rent signs on the shutters.

Time will tell.

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » August 12, 2021, 3:41 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
August 12, 2021, 1:35 pm
For sure its gonna be a very different world on so many fronts post covid .. the jury is still out on how the tourist , entertainment /restaurant sectors will respond , the venues that havent called it a day and re open may be busy as hell ....or ... will customers of gotten used to grab and eating drinking at home and carry on .. my bizz colleagues in Bkk are estimating 60-70 % of the nightlife zones wont fully reopen with many units totally stripped and for rent signs on the shutters.

Time will tell.

DM
i think the 'Grab" culture will continue, i was surprised when it all started. its not suitable for all business but if you have a product with high profit margins like coffee or iced drinks then your on a winner, also noticed its now busy with riders in the early morning ,even 7-11 seem to be in on the act. its not like the old days where you call the hong kong takeaway, its all done with a few taps of a button on your smart phone
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » August 12, 2021, 4:06 pm

papafarang wrote:
August 12, 2021, 3:41 pm
Drunk Monkey wrote:

Time will tell.

DM
i think the 'Grab" culture will continue, i was surprised when it all started. its not suitable for all business but if you have a product with high profit margins like coffee or iced drinks then your on a winner, also noticed its now busy with riders in the early morning ,even 7-11 seem to be in on the act. its not like the old days where you call the hong kong takeaway, its all done with a few taps of a button on your smart phone
grabscones.com
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » August 12, 2021, 5:25 pm

I use Grab as a barometer for which restaurants serve good food. The more riders waiting outside at lunchtime, the better the food
Age & treachery will always triumph over youth & ability

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » August 12, 2021, 6:41 pm

Niggly wrote:
August 12, 2021, 5:25 pm
I use Grab as a barometer for which restaurants serve good food. The more riders waiting outside at lunchtime, the better the food
Yes, but it might also be a matter of the Grab riders eating at the cheapest place/rock bottom food, that they can find, given the Grab riders are not paid very much. \:D/ \:D/

pipoz4444

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » August 12, 2021, 7:20 pm

pipoz4444 wrote:
August 12, 2021, 6:41 pm

Yes, but it might also be a matter of the Grab riders eating at the cheapest place/rock bottom food, that they can find, given the Grab riders are not paid very much. \:D/ \:D/

pipoz4444
Could be but doesn’t appear to be. They don’t seem to eat at normal times as that’s when they make money so waiting outside restaurants & eateries at lunchtime is invariably waiting for someone’s order

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » August 12, 2021, 9:10 pm

Niggly wrote:
August 12, 2021, 7:20 pm
pipoz4444 wrote:
August 12, 2021, 6:41 pm

pipoz4444
Could be but doesn’t appear to be. They don’t seem to eat at normal times as that’s when they make money so waiting outside restaurants & eateries at lunchtime is invariably waiting for someone’s order
There's a small Thai breakfast dine-in/takeaway place not far from our house that does a roaring trade around 7 a.m. Monday to Friday. I commented to Mrs tam that they must make some pretty good stuff as there's always a queue to eat breakfast or to get a to-go box for work. She says they're actually cheap and the food is poor quality with small portions but they're cashing in on their location as the only place serving food on a very busy shortcut that beats the backup at the east ring-road and Nong Sai/Nong Bua lights.

Location! Location! Location!
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » August 12, 2021, 9:15 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
August 12, 2021, 4:06 pm
papafarang wrote:
August 12, 2021, 3:41 pm
Drunk Monkey wrote:

Time will tell.

DM
grabscones.com
Fek I must get that that .com

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » August 12, 2021, 9:52 pm

tamada wrote:
August 12, 2021, 9:10 pm

There's a small Thai breakfast dine-in/takeaway place not far from our house that does a roaring trade around 7 a.m. Monday to Friday. I commented to Mrs tam that they must make some pretty good stuff as there's always a queue to eat breakfast or to get a to-go box for work. She says they're actually cheap and the food is poor quality with small portions but they're cashing in on their location as the only place serving food on a very busy shortcut that beats the backup at the east ring-road and Nong Sai/Nong Bua lights.

I guess that’s true for passing customers but not so much when I see Grab riders queuing for collections as the food coming from a handy location wouldn’t come into it from the comfort of home. I mean, why order from a poor quality, small portion establishment if Somchai the Grab is collecting

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » August 13, 2021, 9:04 am

Niggly wrote:
August 12, 2021, 9:52 pm
tamada wrote:
August 12, 2021, 9:10 pm

I guess that’s true for passing customers but not so much when I see Grab riders queuing for collections as the food coming from a handy location wouldn’t come into it from the comfort of home. I mean, why order from a poor quality, small portion establishment if Somchai the Grab is collecting
Good point. No Grab guys queuing at this joint!
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » August 13, 2021, 2:51 pm

Agreed, you can't beat "Location, Location, Location", along with being able to easily stop and park.

I don't know how many times I have driven past a place and thought I need/want to stop here (for eating), then looked and said to myself, no its too hard to park, so I will stop some where else. "Yes I do talk to myself" \:D/ \:D/

It's probably different if you are on a Thai motorbike and can squeeze into a crack. :-k or if you are Thai and happy to park three wide on a main road. =; =; =D>

pipoz4444

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » August 15, 2021, 2:13 pm

Niggly wrote:
July 25, 2021, 3:31 pm
Breaking News:
First images emerging of the new Blitish Vaccine Passport to be accepted by Border & Immigration desks near you from 1st October 2020

(You might need to show 2 or 3 depending on the officer)
I may be naive (I wear rose-colored glasses!), but the last thing I'd consider doing going through customs/immigration in the US would be to tuck a few $100 bills in my fake passport/vaccination card.

the-monk
udonmap.com

Post by the-monk » August 15, 2021, 2:38 pm

Thanks Mr Parrot. The rose-coloured-classes Gentlemen with both feet well grounded.
Stay safe.

Return to “COVID-19/Corona Virus”