pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Re: Post Covid ecomony

Post by pipoz4444 » May 25, 2020, 12:21 pm

pipoz4444 wrote:
May 24, 2020, 4:03 pm
GT93 wrote:
May 24, 2020, 3:54 pm
With hospitality and tourism businesses in the doldrums for years, young people in particular are going to struggle to find employment for a considerable time. When does an economy become post Covid?
5 to 7 months for Thailand :^o

pipoz4444
My anticipation is about when they will allow western expats (aside from Chinese & Koreans), to fly back into Thailand as just 30 Day Tourists and whether it will require some sort on Covid 19 Medical clearance certificate.

Have to wait and see how they treat the Chinese & Korean tourist and if they impose the Covid 19 Medical clearance certificate and or Medical Insurance Policy Cover on them in July or August, when presumably they will open their Airport, to some tourists from select Countries. Just have to wait and see game at present to see what restrictions if any they impose on future Tourists and whether it is the same for all for selective for tourist travelling in from different Countries or on different Passports.

My gut tells me they will allow,
Chinese & Koreans to enter as tourists on 15 July 2020
Some other Asian Nations (Taiwan, Singapore, Malaysia etc) to enter as tourists on 01 August 2020
New Zealand & Australian Passport holders to enter as tourists on 01 September 2020
Some European Passport holders to enter as tourists on 01 September 2020

Just a guess, but I suspect they will be looking at the new case numbers in each Countries for the two months preceding their decision to allow that Passport holder to Enter Thailand, and I am only talking out tourists on 30 Day Visa

As for Farang's currently overseas holding type O or O-A or Retirement visa's, I just cant see Thailand allowing them back on on these Visa types, until mid to late September 2020 and then I expect the Thai Imm insist on the individual having a immediate check at a Thai Hospital with say one week and then that individual having to front up to Thai Immigration with his Thailand Medical Health Cover Policy within 28 Days or arrival.

Just my view but they (Thai Imm) will give those returning on type O or O-A or Retirement visa's, one month from when you re-enter Thailand, to get your future Thailand Medical Health Cover Policy in place, or else :-k :-k . Just my opinion.

This is an ideal time for the Thai Government to impose Thailand Medical Health Cover on some 200,000 plus retirees or long stay visa holders, without too much argument from the general public. It takes 200 to 300 Million USD from the retirees or long stay visa holders and puts it back into the Thai economy (Thai Insurance Companies), every year. I can almost hear the Thai Insurance Companies lobbying for it now. :-k :-k :-$

Vietnam: For those advocating the move from Thailand to Vietnam as a retirement plan, it would also appear that Vietnam has a new rule coming into effect on 01 July 2020, thereby limiting stay period to 30 Days at a time, before you need to do a Visa Border run, for whatever reason, if the links below are correct. Supposedly this is to tighten up on criminal and illegal working whilst in Vietnam on longer stay Visa's, but obviously will impact on genuine Retirees.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkqFetBglKI

https://www.vietnamimmigration.org/new- ... y-01-2020/

pipoz4444
Last edited by pipoz4444 on May 25, 2020, 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind.

mech_401
udonmap.com

Post by mech_401 » May 25, 2020, 1:07 pm

the-monk wrote:
May 24, 2020, 9:56 pm
. . . How many little White American boys, the one with big arms, big mouth, big guns and no brain, work on the meat-chicken processing line at Tyson Foods ? Who care idf they die, get injured, there is an endless supply << Brown Boys >>. Shame.. Shame...
some actual truth for a change might be refreshing. instead of usual false rhetoric .there are several tyson processing plants

production workers make 11-13$/hr
during covid crisis , additional 30$/day bonuses
along with health benefits, sick pay etc

extensive testing, thermal screening, ppe, plants
closed for special cleaning. tyson does not have
a squeaky clean record. but paying 500plus/ week

the-monk
udonmap.com

Post by the-monk » May 25, 2020, 1:39 pm

<< Some European Passport holders to enter as tourists on 01 September 2020 >> To me it sounds a bit too early for most European Passport holders. No more Brits..... wow..... No more USA passport holders .... wow .....
I hope that the rest of your projections don t see the light of the day, because frankly it would force a lot of Retirees to reconsider their living arrangements, but i agree that the moment, Covid crisis, offers the perfect opportunity for the Thai Immigration to drastically modify the requirements for all types of visas. Let s pray....

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » May 25, 2020, 2:23 pm

the-monk wrote:
May 25, 2020, 1:39 pm
<< Some European Passport holders to enter as tourists on 01 September 2020 >> To me it sounds a bit too early for most European Passport holders. No more Brits..... wow..... No more USA passport holders .... wow .....
I hope that the rest of your projections don t see the light of the day, because frankly it would force a lot of Retirees to reconsider their living arrangements, but i agree that the moment, Covid crisis, offers the perfect opportunity for the Thai Immigration to drastically modify the requirements for all types of visas. Let s pray....
Its just a look into my fizzy crystal ball \:D/ \:D/

Brits are arguably included under "Some Europeans", at this time.

As for USA, the timing is just a bit too hard to predict until their new case numbers flatten out substantially

New Zealand and Australia have had their respective curves flattened for over a month now, and their is no word from the T G of considering opening their doors to either NZ or Oz, this side of end July. That would then be 3 months of low case numbers. My view is, that the Thai Gov will go for 4 months from when a Country flattens it curve to when it permits that Countries passport holders to re-enter Thailand. Hence 01 September forecast for these two countries.

So where will the current Retirees in Thailand, relocate to, if the T G demand they have Medical Insurance for the extensions of their permissions to stay in Thailand, as one cannot predict what other Countries, such as Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia, etc., will do with their respective Visa requirements for Long Stay or Retirees, in 5 years time? or whether they will simply flow suit/follow Thailand. :-k :-k

pipoz4444
Last edited by pipoz4444 on May 26, 2020, 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind.

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » May 25, 2020, 3:11 pm

mech_401 wrote:
May 25, 2020, 6:53 am
the-monk wrote:
Mr Parrot you call it a << caste society >>i think it s better to view it as a Master and Slaves society. Btw this is widespread all over the world, where low skilled workers are seen as disposable. Japan with foreign TRAINEES, Hk with live-in maids, Taiwan with temporary workers, Thailand with 2-3 million guess workers. The USA with millions of unprotected workers to be disposed of at the will of a boss. How many little White American boys, the one with big arms, big mouth, big guns and no brain, work on the meat-chicken processing line at Tyson Foods ? Who care idf they die, get injured, there is an endless supply << Brown Boys >>. Shame.. Shame...
another dumb brit with a huge chip on his shoulder. you know nothing about american life.
believe me when i say , all americans work from
an early age . far from being discriminatory, most
often people bend over backwards to help new
immigrants. the only loud-mouthed-ill-informed
blowhards seem to be you brits? what a weaselly
race . i've yet to meet (1) of you with an actual spine
:shock: :lol:

I understand the US has a relatively low rate of labour force participation.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

the-monk
udonmap.com

Post by the-monk » May 25, 2020, 3:32 pm

Mech_401 ... you are so funny...... Please tell me: why am i dumb ?? Please tell me : why you think that i am Brit ?
Keep the good jokes coming . Thanks. have a safe pleasant day.

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » May 25, 2020, 3:43 pm

Parrot throws in a reasonable question and nearly starts WW III. :lol:
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » May 25, 2020, 3:49 pm

Crystal ball seems to suffer from smog
Malayasia and Singapore have not got the virus under control
Malayasia been reporting about 50 new cases a day for the last month
Singapore has been reporting about 500 new cases every day for the last month

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » May 25, 2020, 4:44 pm

mech_401 wrote:
May 25, 2020, 1:07 pm
the-monk wrote:
. . . How many little White American boys, the one with big arms, big mouth, big guns and no brain, work on the meat-chicken processing line at Tyson Foods ? Who care idf they die, get injured, there is an endless supply << Brown Boys >>. Shame.. Shame...
some actual truth for a change might be refreshing. instead of usual false rhetoric .there are several tyson processing plants

production workers make 11-13$/hr
during covid crisis , additional 30$/day bonuses
along with health benefits, sick pay etc

extensive testing, thermal screening, ppe, plants
closed for special cleaning. tyson does not have
a squeaky clean record. but paying 500plus/ week
Mech,

Having lived in the US for a number of years, my observation was that pay for low paid workers is amongst the poorest in the developed world. The term 'working poor' apples to these people. The gap between well off, middle class and poorly paid workers has gotten worst in many countries, but the gap in the US is quite great. Not all get medical and sick cover, many do not even get to work eight hours every day.

They also live in poor school districts, have poorer health care and have many social problems associated with poverty.

Add to this the very large number of xxxxxxxx who really, really struggle getting poor pay in construction and agriculture as contract labour, and the system looks even worse.

The USA is not unique, similar problems exist is Australia, NZ and the UK, but by my observations, it ain't no bed of roses being a bottom paid worker in the USA.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

mickojak
udonmap.com

Post by mickojak » May 25, 2020, 5:26 pm

And, I know for a fact that many "Legal" Mexicans in California are not getting $11 per hour.
And, the "Non Legal" Mexicans are getting a lot less than them, especially if they are working for the "Legal" Mexicans.
But, they have to accept whatever the're offered.
No other choice
Mick

mech_401
udonmap.com

Post by mech_401 » May 25, 2020, 8:37 pm

minimum wage laws vary from state-to-state. in
the heartland , it's still 7.25$/hr . believe me , there
are lots of white people working these entry- level
low-skilled jobs . you ridiculous brits , rarely have
any clue what you're spouting off about.

mech_401
udonmap.com

Post by mech_401 » May 25, 2020, 10:55 pm

so , scotland is a big haven for economic refugees? lots of blacks from strife torn countries
in africa? brown people fleeing middle-east,india?
resettling central americans? mexicans? No. you
have a tiny, miniscule amount. like maybe 1%

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 26, 2020, 8:02 am

mech_401 wrote:
May 25, 2020, 8:37 pm
minimum wage laws vary from state-to-state. in
the heartland , it's still 7.25$/hr . believe me , there
are lots of white people working these entry- level
low-skilled jobs . you ridiculous brits , rarely have
any clue what you're spouting off about.
As info
With the exception of Vince all the members you have quoted arent ridiculous Brits .. But Aussies , American , Kiwi , Scottish etc.. not whinging i dont dislike your rather eccentric postings , i do admit gotta read em twice and digest the grammar n punctuation there in .. great way to get this old Brit brain working in the mornings.

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

mech_401
udonmap.com

Post by mech_401 » May 26, 2020, 8:36 am

interesting how you can bypass paragraph after
paragraph of content but get fixated on " ridiculous brits" . now there's a lot of pleasant englishmen about. and then there's " ridiculous brits" , the ones who send threats via pm , the ones with the ex-s.a.s. glare, the ones constantly telling others they're stupid or morons and then
lose their beans almost instantly at some replies

mech_401
udonmap.com

Post by mech_401 » May 26, 2020, 8:53 am

come to think of it , we've met in passing 2-3 times while i was visiting local restaurants ,
giving a shuttle taxi ride to an old-timer. your ex-s.a.s. glare is regimental commander level stuff
boy , you must have some black ops stories huh?

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » May 26, 2020, 9:27 am

Last time I looked DM, Scotland was part of Great Britain, so Scots or Scottish people are British as well. We are thankfully not English that would be too much of a cross to bear.

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » May 26, 2020, 9:48 am

AlexO wrote:
May 26, 2020, 9:27 am
Last time I looked DM, Scotland was part of Great Britain, so Scots or Scottish people are British as well. We are thankfully not English that would be too much of a cross to bear.
And never tell an Irishman that Ireland is part of the British isles either, gets them all moody like :lol:
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » May 26, 2020, 9:55 am

Never tell a northern Irish protestant that it's not a part of Great Britain, unwise.
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

mech_401
udonmap.com

Post by mech_401 » May 26, 2020, 10:08 am

what about the welsh? havent heard much from
them since that tom jones singer guy was touring

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 26, 2020, 2:51 pm

mech_401 wrote:
May 26, 2020, 8:53 am
come to think of it , we've met in passing 2-3 times while i was visiting local restaurants ,
giving a shuttle taxi ride to an old-timer. your ex-s.a.s. glare is regimental commander level stuff
boy , you must have some black ops stories huh?
Please jog my memory we did give a few taxi rides back in years gone by.

Ref my SAS history .. Oh yes ..i sure do .. but i retired after the Iranian Embassy siege .. Shouldnt of told you that , cant say too much else and keep it to yourself that i came out of retirement to Udon on an undercover mission to monitor the burger pie pizza n sausage wars and associated mafia ring involved and still send my monthly reports to MI5 ...OK.

This post will self destruct in 30 seconds.

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Return to “COVID-19/Corona Virus”