Travel Restrictions Inside Thailand

mak
udonmap.com

Travel Restrictions Inside Thailand

Post by mak » March 30, 2020, 10:58 am

Has anyone experienced any travel restrictions while travelling inside Thailand? I have heard of temperature checkpoints on the highway. I also heard of masks being required on airplanes, trains, etc.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Re: Travel Restrictions Inside Thailand

Post by Drunk Monkey » March 30, 2020, 11:42 am

i last traveled the 27 th and encountered no check points at all .. since then i believe there ahve been ones set up on highway 2 going to KK and then Korat .. as yesterday this from a friend who was pulled over temperature check and general questions ref where he traveled from and going too etc... also an app to be installed on your phone which monitors your location.. has been mentioned.

Higher number of check points going into and around Bangkok ... inc Sukhumvit rd , Chaeng Wattana .. full detials of check point locations in Bkk can be found on the net.

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Post by Bandung_Dero » March 30, 2020, 11:56 am

I live on the 296 (orange) bus route between Udon and Kamtakla they appear to have stopped their service, along with the Baht buses which also service this route. A large number of residence are now cutoff from centres like Ban Dung where they do their shopping, seek medical attention etc.
Sent from my 1977 Apple II using 2 Heinz bake bean cans and piano wire!

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » March 30, 2020, 4:11 pm

It would appear that Inter-provincial travel is frowned upon and in any event, unless travelling for a GOOD Reason , DON"T.

mak
udonmap.com

Post by mak » March 30, 2020, 6:01 pm

I need a little help. I'm looking for feedback.
Last edited by mak on March 30, 2020, 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pal52
udonmap.com

Post by pal52 » March 30, 2020, 6:34 pm

mak wrote:
March 30, 2020, 6:01 pm
I need a little help. I'm looking for feedback. My embassy is requesting on the ground information from the provinces.
Then tell them to do there job and visit the Provinces and get first hand information.
I am sure there are no travel restrictions on Embassy's
Do not rely on rumors from Forums and cause problems for the forum.
I am sure they have telephone numbers and email addresses of Citizens in every province which they do visits to for renewal of Passports etc.

Example
There are 400 cases of Corona Virus in Udon Thani all at the Military Hospital but the Government will not admit it

TicToc
udonmap.com

Post by TicToc » March 30, 2020, 8:00 pm

So where did the information come from about 400 cases at the Military Hospital ?

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » March 30, 2020, 8:14 pm

Dont start PLS dont start

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » March 31, 2020, 7:45 am

If Embassies are looking for information, tell them to use that electronic device they have called a Telephone, they can ring the Governors Office and ask for themselves, if not their problem, NOT yours Mac !

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » March 31, 2020, 11:10 am

TicToc wrote:
March 30, 2020, 8:00 pm
So where did the information come from about 400 cases at the Military Hospital ?
Thats gotta be nonsense !! I know a farang admitted yesturday in that hospital for a serious , but not vital operation today .
Should be in there for at least a week .

maaka
udonmap.com

Post by maaka » March 31, 2020, 1:12 pm

from what I can gather, and I am in 14days iso up north of UD..I am in Iso because of coming from overseas, coming thru Bangers, and then thru Udon...family have arrived since from Udon and are required to do 14days..from what I can gather there are check points at provinical boundries..we have one on the road village because the town up the road has covid. i am trying to get a tractor from Lampang to Phon Pisai but called it off, as it would get turned back.. it seems if you come from anywhere, you have to 14 day it, so travelling around could be out of the question until end of lockdown

laksnrub
udonmap.com

Post by laksnrub » March 31, 2020, 1:14 pm

Is that 400 cases of Beer
Quality is best done first

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » March 31, 2020, 4:26 pm

Not a total close down but restrictions now on public transport ... paragraph in this article ref more cases now appearing outside of Bkk ???? i think its clear why thats happening .

https://thethaiger.com/coronavirus/gove ... land-by-90
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » March 31, 2020, 5:18 pm

Ticket sales for all public transport buses will be suspended from March 26 to April 30 in compliance with the government’s declaration of a state of emergency which takes effect on Thursday (March 26), the president of Transport Co Ltd, Jirasak Yaovatsakul, said.

He added that the company will also enforce social distancing by leaving empty alternate seats on the buses and keep a distance of at least one metre between persons at all bus terminals.

After the state of emergency was announced on Tuesday (March 24), people rushed to buy bus tickets. All tickets have been sold out beyond April 30. “We cannot provide additional buses and all available buses have been used. Complying with the social distancing policy halves the number of passengers per bus,” added Jirasak.

“Those who haven’t reserved tickets should refrain from coming down to bus terminals hoping to get one, since all ticket booths will be closed until April 30,” he said. “Those who had bought tickets earlier can still travel as per schedule. You can also postpone or cancel your trip and apply for refund as per the conditions of Transport Co.”

Jirasak added that some operators of private buses and vans have submitted appeals to suspend their service during the state of emergency. “If you have already bought tickets from these operators, please contact them directly to ask for refund or postponement of your trip.”

(Source: – The Nation)

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » March 31, 2020, 10:16 pm

Missus did a Udon /Kalasin/Udon trip today.
No stops or restrictions on the down journey, except for normal police license check. She wasn’t stopped.
On the return journey on a different route made partially after dark there was a police stop for all vehicles.
Nurse in attendance to check temp.
Questions asked, where coming from and where going?
How many passengers?
No big deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “COVID-19/Corona Virus”