U.K. going on lockdown, USA stopping restricting movement. WTF

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Re: U.K. going on lockdown, USA stopping restricting movement. WTF

Post by sometimewoodworker » July 23, 2020, 9:02 am

“Everything is going well” WTF! trying to get back to April?

DED9AFE2-56EA-443B-8C63-1DE22DDC893E.jpeg
April figures
3D457E75-C327-44AC-863E-CF0AEDF6CCC4.jpeg

Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse
In my posts all fees and requirements are the standard R&R but TIT and a brown envelope can make incredible changes YMMV.

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » July 23, 2020, 9:19 am

sometimewoodworker wrote:
July 23, 2020, 9:02 am

April figures

I guess Trump is hoping Indian numbers of infections and deaths rise so the trump virus won't look so bad
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » July 23, 2020, 2:50 pm

papafarang wrote:
July 23, 2020, 9:19 am
July 23, 2020, 9:02 am

April figures

I guess Trump is hoping Indian numbers of infections and deaths rise so the trump virus won't look so bad
Actually India is way behind, Brazil’s numbers are much closer but still about ½ of the USA
In my posts all fees and requirements are the standard R&R but TIT and a brown envelope can make incredible changes YMMV.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » July 24, 2020, 11:15 am

The percentage of severely infected people who die should be reducing due to the knowledge of treatments that reduce the severity of infection that were not known in April, that the numbers are still high suggests that the numbers being infected and hospitalised is (as the statistics suggest) very much higher and with a lagging death to hospitalisation rate there is only one way the average numbers are going to be going. Also don’t forget that these numbers are now under more direct political control.
4B74ADC2-E95A-41A7-9316-D78085263C86.jpeg

the-monk
udonmap.com

Post by the-monk » July 24, 2020, 11:31 am

Good day Mr SWW... It would be interesting to have two charts: one showing the WORLD-USA (as you have it now ) and one comparing the USA Vs UK progression.
Thanks
Stay safe.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » July 24, 2020, 1:25 pm

the-monk wrote:
July 24, 2020, 11:31 am
Good day Mr SWW... It would be interesting to have two charts: one showing the WORLD-USA (as you have it now ) and one comparing the USA Vs UK progression.
Thanks
Stay safe.
It would probably be rather educational, however I don’t have the historical data so adding in the information at this late a date will be of little help or relevance.

If you know of a list of historical data for the U.K. in a format reasonably close to the https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countries or https://www.worldometers.info/coronavir ... eath-toll/ I can add them in

The USA data runs from April 5

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » July 25, 2020, 6:01 am

The following chronicles the pandemic's resurgence in the US. Is it a safe assumption that the 4th of July celebrations, be it either mass gatherings at the beach or smaller family get togethers, was the genesis of this?

https://abcnews.go.com/US/coronavirus-l ... d=71956486

Europe has seen broad increases too and this without a unifying "all-state" holiday to blame. Has the rush to air bridges and travel bubbles been a factor?

Australia's uptick may be further proof that cooler, damper weather, akin to southern central China in winter, is a better incubator than at first thought?

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » July 25, 2020, 7:44 am

tamada wrote:
July 25, 2020, 6:01 am
Is it a safe assumption that the 4th of July celebrations, be it either mass gatherings at the beach or smaller family get togethers, was the genesis of this?
In my estimation no, the holiday certainly helped the spread as did the other things you mentioned.

The problem in the USA is that the infection rate has never been under control, leadership has been terrible, medical advice has been disregarded by politicians for short term gain. It has no central guidance or government that is willing to do its job. The general populace has a huge number of people who blindly believe in the craziness that is coming from the Orange along with a high number who will not protect others because of “a free speech right” to not wear a mask. Even when there’s a vaccine that’s generally available too many will refuse for a variety of reasons.

The USA the number of new cases per day never went lower than 18,000 since I started getting the numbers in April. So as the testing is so poor Track and Trace has no chance of working, though it probably would not be good enough anyway.

The European countries that are seeing a rise have controlled the spread in the past (I’m not sure that the U.K. has) and may well be able to keep numbers down.

The USA infection rate is ridiculously high it’s double what it was in April. Even with the advances in treatment the death rate is still over 1,000 per day for the 4th day running and unlikely to drop under that for weeks and if the numbers hospitalised get to saturation point (they probably will) the death rate will get worse.

Be thankful that you are able to be in a country with a vanishingly small risk at the moment.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » July 25, 2020, 8:35 am

^ Yes, America is a basket case and mostly due to the reasons you state. When national leaders repeatedly send completely wrong messages, or don't openly and honestly question false narratives, it's so very easy to blame the people.

The southern bit of the UK was momentarily rudderless when Johnson was knocked out of action but at least there was a semblance of correct advice and guidance. The devolved legislatures did a far better job IMHO. For example, Scotland started mandatory mask wearing almost two weeks ago. News feeds showed employees tasked with stopping the unmasked shopper outside the door and, if the shopper didn't have one, giving them a mask to wear. England has belatedly started the same measures and the bandwidth given to the question, "Who is responsible for enforcing it?" is very disheartening. Business owners are telling their staff, even their SECURITY staff, not only to not confront the maskless shopper but to completely ignore them. They also say they won't be calling the police either and there's anecdotal tales of police unofficially saying they won't be issuing fines to anyone anyway.

Here's a clue for the great British public... The message has been clearly stated from the get-go that the responsibility lies with YOU, the member of the public going out in public to wear a mask FOR THE PROTECTION OF OTHERS.

The WHO, CDC, NHS and other scientific bodies must take the blame for allowing the "masks are useless" seed they planted last April to grow. A professor of research at Oxford University was on the BBC a few hours ago and summed it up as follows. Masks are at best only 50% effective in preventing the wearer getting infected. However, the masks effectiveness in preventing the spread by an infected and/or asymptomatic person soars to around 95% when they wear a mask.

It doesn't really matter what country I am in but I am not in the least bit thankful for being held hostage to a virus. Isn't being thankful for being in a dire situation a manifestation of the Stockholm syndrome?

But to a point I agree it could be worse, I could be in Houston right now.

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » July 25, 2020, 9:06 am

tamada wrote:
... Australia's uptick may be further proof that cooler, damper weather, akin to southern central China in winter, is a better incubator than at first thought?
Yes, that's an interesting question. The autumn and winter in the US might answer this.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » July 25, 2020, 9:40 am

The Chinese found covid in frozen foods from Ecuador had infected workers . that's not good news
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » July 25, 2020, 11:21 am

July 25, 2020, 7:44 am
tamada wrote:
Is it a safe assumption that the 4th of July celebrations, be it either mass gatherings at the beach or smaller family get togethers, was the genesis of this?
In my estimation no, the holiday certainly helped the spread as did the other things you mentioned.

The problem in the USA is that the infection rate has never been under control, leadership has been terrible, medical advice has been disregarded by politicians for short term gain. It has no central guidance or government that is willing to do its job. The general populace has a huge number of people who blindly believe in the craziness that is coming from the Orange along with a high number who will not protect others because of “a free speech right” to not wear a mask. Even when there’s a vaccine that’s generally available too many will refuse for a variety of reasons.

The USA the number of new cases per day never went lower than 18,000 since I started getting the numbers in April. So as the testing is so poor Track and Trace has no chance of working, though it probably would not be good enough anyway.

The European countries that are seeing a rise have controlled the spread in the past (I’m not sure that the U.K. has) and may well be able to keep numbers down.

The USA infection rate is ridiculously high it’s double what it was in April. Even with the advances in treatment the death rate is still over 1,000 per day for the 4th day running and unlikely to drop under that for weeks and if the numbers hospitalised get to saturation point (they probably will) the death rate will get worse.

Be thankful that you are able to be in a country with a vanishingly small risk at the moment.
"medical advice has been disregarded by politicians" Yet you were one of the first to castigate Boris for accepting his medical experts advise on herd immunity. Lets all just acknowledge that this is a ' never before experienced in anyone alive's lifetime happening' and thus there are no real experts. Trying to score political points about the handling of this crisis makes everyone as bad as the Starmer 'Constructive Opposition' BS.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » July 25, 2020, 6:48 pm

Is the USA going to get to 80,000 cases per day? Next week?
9261D0F0-F06B-49ED-AB13-73640D480898.jpeg
AE791DC4-AC4A-4588-8AD7-91D3301988D9.jpeg
5085DF40-8DD8-45D7-A077-DCE16631225B.jpeg

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » July 28, 2020, 9:39 pm

AD356313-1BA7-4357-AC3C-B21707D3C0E5.jpeg
5E34E3DD-2587-4D68-8F88-2A1375615C15.jpeg

mech_401
udonmap.com

Post by mech_401 » July 29, 2020, 9:17 am

bit of a spat in parliment, as the lords , and baronesses bicker over why poor, disadvantaged
those who speak english as a 2nd language. have
such high infection rates compared to privileged
white class. are brits really this dumb? yes they are

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » July 29, 2020, 10:14 am

B1623059-4E4F-4ABD-8661-F40BEDC98DB9.jpeg
69D3E231-6168-4D60-8999-6285397088AF.jpeg

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » July 29, 2020, 11:49 am

AlexO wrote:
July 25, 2020, 11:21 am
July 25, 2020, 7:44 am
tamada wrote:

"medical advice has been disregarded by politicians" Yet you were one of the first to castigate Boris for accepting his medical experts advise on herd immunity. Lets all just acknowledge that this is a ' never before experienced in anyone alive's lifetime happening' and thus there are no real experts. Trying to score political points about the handling of this crisis makes everyone as bad as the Starmer 'Constructive Opposition' BS.
Has the British government embraced the once-upon-a-time most favored herd immunity strategy?

No. As soon as it translated to the great unwashed as,"some of you gotta die so we can survive", it was quickly whisked off the table before too many people got upset. However, they quietly let the old and infirm die unprotected and untested in care homes so yes, they did give it their best shot.

You can't expect to remain elected when you willingly admit to letting people die so others can live no matter how eminently sensible that scientific advice may be. That is the peril that Trump faces where he played down the whole thing for too long and until too late. The difference is he didn't cherry-pick the scientific advice and employ the bits less likely to rankle, he largely ignored all of it. Then he noticed there was an unopened door with a lot of heat behind but instead of calling the Fire Department, he opened the door.

I wholeheartedly agree that there are no experts here. Well actually there are but to man (and woman) not a single statesman or politician likes the scientific truth or evidence no matter how fast it is evolving and changing. It doesn't fit ANYONE's political narrative.

PS: The "Labour's New leader' thread is over there ---> viewtopic.php?f=138&t=51505

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » July 29, 2020, 11:54 am

mech_401 wrote:
July 29, 2020, 9:17 am
bit of a spat in parliment, as the lords , and baronesses bicker over why poor, disadvantaged
Oh... the sleepy Lords have finally woken up to the higher BAME infection rate horror that was he stuff of MSM headlines maybe 5 weeks ago already? Just goes to show what happens when you miss your daily newspaper read in the back of the limo on the way to work, eh?

Anyway, thanks for keeping us up to date. Appreciated.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » July 29, 2020, 1:23 pm

mech_401 wrote:
July 29, 2020, 9:17 am
it's wonderful to see a citizen from a country with a monumental fail in dealing with Covid thinks it appropriate to dig up a month old debate on the subject.

From a country that represents more than a quarter of all cases and deaths, from a country with the dumbest leader in the western world, put in place by the dumbest bunch of citizens who elected him in the first place.

Mech, ever hear the expressions about people in glass houses?
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

mech_401
udonmap.com

Post by mech_401 » July 29, 2020, 3:46 pm

what was scotlands 1st move again? oh , that's
right. kill off all the elderly in the nursing homes.
clever scotland forcing infection on the seniors

Return to “COVID-19/Corona Virus”